• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Warning Received
After re-reading @ N Nat Perry 's arguments from an unbiased perspective. I just cant see hwy'd you think that way

It was logical and true.

Goddammit, people piss me off.

I'm done, I don't want to get emotionally invested in this, there are better things to be emotionally invested in than this.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It was logical and true.

Goddammit, people piss me off.

I'm done, I don't want to get emotionally invested in this, there are better things to be emotionally invested in than this.
True and logical, eh? Don't make me laugh.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
First time I've seen a debate with both sides since I've been here. I think I'll stay out of it since people go far more in depth than me on both sides of the argument. I've been very neutral on Ridley for the longest time and only recently have I leaned closer to Pro-Ridley.
You sir would love the second post, and never dr ink the water.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
So, guys. You know that villain from Metroid? The dragon? His name is Ridley I think. I think he should be in the next Smash game. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I got an F you from someone. Goes to show the maturity level of people here. I rest my case.

Just wanted a fun, civil discussion. Getting emotionally worked up over this stuff is not worth it.
You know, you pretty much deserved that one.

And really, how is constantly bringing up a sensitive subject that has been done to death and do nothing but to annoy people, without even giving a damn, and on top of that, calling us names for expressing our annoyance, "civil"?

Plus, that "people who have zero interest having an actual, civil discussion" line? That really offended me. I can't simply stand there doing nothing and let you throw mud at my dignity.

If you wanna go, fine by me. Don't expect us to welcome you warmly next time.

Morbi

Scavenger
Let us calm ourselves, cease making this about each other rather than about each other's arguments. If it is illogical explain why, it is not enough to just assert such. If you are too bothered to elaborate, do not respond. It is simple. The fact of the matter is that it is antagonizing and unproductive. Please, let us present ourselves better. For the sake of Ridley with a cherry on top?

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
Yes.

Intelligence does not determine maturity. It can to a degree. But not entirely.
Calling people emotionally challenged children is rude and is not mature at all. People were giving you valid points, and you gave them invalid points, over and over, and they got frustrated, which is understand-able. What I don't understand is why you came into a support thread, thinking it was a good idea to not support the character at all, if anything, you were wasting your own time, as well as the others in this thread.

(Sorry if this is not well written, It's been a long day and I'm quite tired.)

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Let us calm ourselves, cease making this about each other rather than about each other's arguments. If it is illogical explain why, it is not enough to just assert such. If you are too bothered to elaborate, do not respond. It is simple. The fact of the matter is that it is antagonizing and unproductive. Please, let us present ourselves better. For the sake of Ridley with a cherry on top?
And so I have. And will continue to do.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
I got an F you from someone. Goes to show the maturity level of people here. I rest my case.

Just wanted a fun, civil discussion. Getting emotionally worked up over this stuff is not worth it.
and yet you reacted rather childishly by calling us children and then said goodbye... only to come right back and continue arguing.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
So, how about that August 6th? Nintendo Direct, perhaps? If there is a Nintendo Direct other than the Hyrule Warriors one around that point, maybe there might be something else Metroid related.

Last edited:

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Sitting on a chair, letting my eyes burn.
So let me clarify, you try to act civil and mature, yet do not respond in a civil and mature manner. See where I'm getting? If you want to call someone childish, don't do so while making yourself look just as much so.

On a different standpoint- Your arguments are, as many others have pointed out, severely flawed. That is all I have to say, I need not supply counter-arguments that have already been presented.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
So, guys. You know that villain from Metroid? The dragon? His name is Ridley I think. I think he should be in the next Smash game. Any thoughts?
I don't know man.

1) He's too big

2) Because they've already shown his model there's no way he'd be in because it'd break a pattern I randomly came up with. And they wouldn't break that pattern. I know this because I'm smarter than all of you and am too good to read the second post

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Calling people emotionally challenged children is rude and is not mature at all. People were giving you valid points, and you gave them invalid points, over and over, and they got frustrated, which is understand-able. What I don't understand is why you came into a support thread, thinking it was a good idea to not support the character at all, if anything, you were wasting your own time, as well as the others in this thread.

(Sorry if this is not well written, It's been a long day and I'm quite tired.)
I just wanted a discussion, starting from an opposing statement. That is all.

I wasn't looking to "detract," but talk about the inclusion or exclusion of Ridley starting from an opposing viewpoint.

Just wanted to clarify things.

It's just childish to get worked up over this. It just is. That is not an insult, it just is what it is.

Anyways, I'm gone for good. See you all later. Stay calm and be nice next time.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I don't know man.

1) He's too big

2) Because they've already shown his model there's no way he'd be in because it'd break a pattern I randomly came up with. And they wouldn't break that pattern. I know this because I'm smarter than all of you and am too good to read the second post
None of this matters because Sakurai exists.

D

Deleted member

I don't know man.

1) He's too big

3) He can't walk.
4) He's a dragon and dragons can't be shrunken down.

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
That thing is too big.
They already showed him as a boss character, why would he be playable?
Anyone who disagrees with me is stupid because I'm giving totally valid information and not jumping the gun with this at all, trust me.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I don't know man.

1) He's too big

Good sir. That argument is like a lead balloon that is sinking into a rosebush! I'll use a gif to show you what I mean

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
So, how about that August 6th? Nintendo Direct, perhaps? If there is a Nintendo Direct other than the Hyrule Warriors one around that point, maybe there might be something else Metroid related.
Honestly, I don't see a second Direct happening within 48 hours of the Hyrule Warriors Direct. Maybe they'll do it sometime in the 20s, as that's when Ridley was first teased? That might be going above and beyond, though.

If Ridley gets confirmed around August 16 I will probably jump out the window. Perfect thing for a birthday.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I don't know man.

1) He's too big

3) He can't walk.
4) He's a dragon and dragons can't be shrunken down.
If I may:

5) In Metroid Prime 2 and the rest of the games he was big as ****. Resizing just doesn't work for characters who are big as ****.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
I don't know man.

1) He's too big

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I would call out Nat Perry for apparently not understanding WHY we got fed up in the first place...

But, eh. It's not worth it.

Also Ridley is too handsome for Smash. And that's a fact.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I don't know man.

1) He's too big

You also forgot he is shaped like a dragon and charizard was already confirmed so Ridley can't be playable! And anyone who disagrees with me I consider inferior at every feasible level as well as considering your maturity akin to a 5 year old.

I also like reading and sports and think video games are for children and old people in nursing homes.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I could honestly see a direct happnening around the 6th-8th. The tamadchio death direct was 2 days after the smash direct.

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
I just wanted a discussion, starting from an opposing statement. That is all.

I wasn't looking to "detract," but talk about the inclusion or exclusion of Ridley starting from an opposing viewpoint.

Just wanted to clarify things.

It's just childish to get worked up over this. It just is. That is not an insult, it just is what it is.

Anyways, I'm gone for good. See you all later. Stay calm and be nice next time.
"emotionally challenged children"...This? This is "what it is"? It is most definitely an insult, whether you wanted it to be or not, and that sir, is "what it is".
Anyway, Tootaloo! I hope you have a nice day, sir. Oh, and this time, don't say "goodbye", without actually leaving.

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
ok, now that the firestorm is over, for the most part... lets get back to ridley!

uh... [insert constantly reiterated commentary about a certain purple dragon here.]

seriously, though... yeah, i got nothing on ridley... i've said everything i can think of.

...we should have an alternate outfit for him consisting of a tophat and monocle, maybe?

Weavel

Smash Ace
ok, now that the firestorm is over, for the most part... lets get back to ridley!

uh... [insert constantly reiterated commentary about a certain purple dragon here.]

seriously, though... yeah, i got nothing on ridley... i've said everything i can think of.

...we should have an alternate outfit for him consisting of a tophat and monocle, maybe?
I'd very much like a mecha ridley outfit.

Top Bottom