• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
A character has never purposely had part of their model shown before reveal. I highly doubt the tail was meant to show up in the direct at all, but it did. In Brawl, Lucario accidentally had his little face icon thing shown way before release, so this is not the first time there has been a slip-up. The point that a newcomer will never be accidentally or purposely partially shown before reveal isn't exactly solid, to say the least.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
You fail to refute my true claims and you call this discussion bull****? Ok.
I did on the last page, which you also failed to recognize.

Even you cannot pretend that your "Fun Fact" on the last page means anything at all.

If anything, Sakurai would tease the most wanted character in the West, so why is that out of question to you?

Have you even read the second post of this thread?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Show me proof, I don't have time for invalid claims.

This PotD from long ago. Rosalina is the one who is damaging Fox, as she is the only one to give off that Cosmic effect when hitting people. I can't explain it well, so watch this video:

Note: Start at 17:00 (maybe a bit earlier) and end at 18:30.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

This PotD from long ago. Rosalina is the one who is damaging Fox, as she is the only one to give off that Cosmic effect when hitting people. I can't explain it well, so watch this video:

Almost as handsome as Ghor

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
He's talking about how this is all a waste of time for the both of you.
Haha, well, I think it's one worth having. We're all anticipating here, right? Discussing theories, patterns, guesses, how is this any more of a waste of time?

I did on the last page, which you also failed to recognize.

Even you cannot pretend that your "Fun Fact" on the last page means anything at all.

If anything, Sakurai would tease the most wanted character in the West, so why is that out of question to you?

Have you even read the second post of this thread?
You didn't refute jack! Lol. A statue of a character and a stage associated with a character is not the character's fighter model! In fact, you were the one who ignored my initial claim on that! Here imma quote myself here.

As for Palutena and Miis, we've seen them as statues and stage characters respectively, but those parts of certain stages, and are not fighter models.

I'd say that's almost fair, but we still don't see her or Luma's model. So I guess I could equivocate that with seeing Ridley's shadow.

But we still saw Ridley's tail, so my point still stands. Never seen their all of or parts of a fighter model prior to their reveal.

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Hey guys I just wanted to let you know even thought I'm not a huge Metroid fan I still think Ridley deserves to be in. I think he would bring a unique moveset, and I think he would fit nicely into a newcomer trailer with Mewtwo:mewtwopm:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Haha, well, I think it's one worth having. We're all anticipating here, right? Discussing theories, patterns, guesses, how is this any more of a waste of time?

You didn't refute jack! Lol. A statue of a character and a stage associated with a character is not the character's fighter model! In fact, you were the one who ignored my initial claim on that! Here imma quote myself here.

I'd say that's almost fair, but we still don't see her or Luma's model. So I guess I could equivocate that with seeing Ridley's shadow.

But we still saw Ridley's tail, so my point still stands. Never seen their all of or parts of a fighter model prior to their reveal.
I can't believe you think seeing a model is the do or die for reveals.

That's got to be the most childish claim I've read against Ridley on this thread.

I'll ask again, have you read the second post?

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I can't believe you think seeing a model is the do or die for reveals.

That's got to be the most childish claim I've read against Ridley on this thread.

I'll ask again, have you read the second post?
It's just a theory, and one that's been consistent for this game.

I've read the second post, it doesn't give me anything I've haven't heard before.

Also, childish? Not in the slightest. Not sure where you got that idea, bud. That doesn't even apply here.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

... So? We saw part of Ridley, yeah. We know he's in the game...

... How does this prove anything?

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
... So? We saw part of Ridley, yeah. We know he's in the game...

... How does this prove anything?
It doesn't. It just proves he's in the game. And judging from what we've been shown in the past, I think it leans towards him not being playable. I'd be stoked if he's playable, but it doesn't seem like he will be.

I'm just presenting a theory, one that's actually consistent.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
It's just a theory, and one that's been consistent for this game.

I've read the second post, it doesn't give me anything I've ever heard before.

Also, childish? Not in the slightest. Not sure where you got that idea, bud. That doesn't even apply here.
Here's another consistent theory that makes as much sense as yours.

We've never seen a Female Newcomer reveal in March, so we won't see a Female Newcomer reveal in August.

Also, if you've read the second post, you'd tell me the secret code

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Yes, after all the teasing and ambiguity, after all this torment from Sack of rye and the "disconfirmation". After the shadow anaylasis and the essay from aldero. The single decisive thing for Ridley's inclusion is his tailbone being shown.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
I don't know if you saw my post, but you haven't responded to it so I'll bring it up again; The tail was likely not shown intentionally. Similarly to how we were teased with a statue of Palutena, we were teased with a shadow of Ridley. The way the tail clips past the camera like that highly implies that it was never meant to be there, and it just accidentally came past.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Here's another consistent theory that makes as much sense as yours.

We've never seen a Female Newcomer reveal in March, so we won't see a Female Newcomer reveal in August.

Also, if you've read the second post, you'd tell me the secret code
Not really. That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. My claim is based on facts, consistent facts even. Sufficient enough to call it a pattern.

You think I remember some damn code? Get real, son.

I don't know if you saw my post, but you haven't responded to it so I'll bring it up again; The tail was likely not shown intentionally. Similarly to how we were teased with a statue of Palutena, we were teased with a shadow of Ridley. The way the tail clips past the camera like that highly implies that it was never meant to be there, and it just accidentally came past.
Yeah, it could have, but it was shown, and even if it wasn't, Ridley's shadow, in motion, was shown. This is more than some purple and yellow effect that could have come from any potential newcomer (of course we know it belongs to Rosalina and Luma). It's no question he was deliberately teasing Ridley there.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Not really. That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. My claim is based on facts, consistent facts even. Sufficient enough to call it a pattern.

You think I remember some damn code? Get real, son.
Facts =/= Proof of characters playability

especially your "facts" against his playability.

Trust me, if you actually read through that thing, you'd know the code

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
It doesn't. It just proves he's in the game. And judging from what we've been shown in the past, I think it leans towards him not being playable. I'd be stoked if he's playable, but it doesn't seem like he will be.

I'm just presenting a theory, one that's actually consistent.
... So? Sakurai hasn't clarified, to this day, what his role is. As a matter of a fact, "judging from what we've been shown in the past", this may actually lean to him being playable. Look at Ashley, for example. When that PotD was posted, some people thought she was playable, even though it was evident she was an Assist, so Sakurai had to edit his post with "FYI, she's an Assist Trophy".

The biggest offender has to be Chrom. Nintendo actually had to clarify to IGN that Chrom wasn't playable, even though it was clear he wasn't.

So, pray tell, after all these months, almost reaching a whole year, why hasn't Sakurai, or Nintendo in general, clarified Ridley's situation? Since a lot of people were skeptical about it in the first place, why haven't they said a damn thing? Note that he's pretty much one of the most heavily requested characters (at least in the West), so whatever the outcome is, it's going to greatly affect this game's reputation.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Facts =/= Proof of characters playability

especially your "facts" against his playability.

Trust me, if you actually read through that thing, you'd know the code
Of course the facts don't show that he's playable or not playable. They are facts, and I think they point to Ridley, but his playability or non-playability is not proven yet.

I'm not falling for this secret code sh**. There was no "code," at least that I remember.

... So? Sakurai hasn't clarified, to this day, what his role is. As a matter of a fact, "judging from what we've been shown in the past", this may actually lean to him being playable. Look at Ashley, for example. When that PotD was posted, some people thought she was playable, even though it was evident she was an Assist, so Sakurai had to edit his post with "FYI, she's an Assist Trophy".

The biggest offender has to be Chrom. Nintendo actually had to clarify to IGN that Chrom wasn't playable, even though it was clear he wasn't.

So, pray tell, after all these months, almost reaching a whole year, why hasn't Sakurai, or Nintendo in general, clarified Ridley's situation? Since a lot of people were skeptical about it in the first place, why haven't they said a damn thing? Note that he's pretty much one of the most heavily requested characters (at least in the West), so whatever the outcome is, it's going to greatly affect this game's reputation.
No idea. I don't think that he thought people would think he was playable after seeing the Direct. Maybe Ridley wasn't ready yet. Idk dude, do you know?

Also what can you say about Zelda's Phantom. I know people were saying it's either part of her attack or an Assist, and it wasn't until a few months later that he finally talked about it.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Of course the facts don't show that he's playable or not playable. They are facts, and I think they point to Ridley, but his playability or non-playability is not proven yet.

I'm not falling for this secret code sh**. There was no "code," at least that I remember.

No idea. I don't think that he thought people would think he was playable after seeing the Direct. Maybe Ridley wasn't ready yet. Idk dude, do you know?
Yes there is, but I ate it.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
He probably didn't know that some people would think either Ashley or Chrom were plaayble when he disconfirmed them, and look what happened, he had to clarify their status.

Considering the Ridley fanbase (and hatebase) is, to put it simply, really BIG, you'd think Sakurai would've noticed what's going on here, now would you?

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Kay I'm ba- ****ING DAMNIT CAN I EVER LEAVE THIS THREAD WITHOUT A DETRACTOR COMING!?

I'ma sit this one out though, not gonna do this right now. I got to plan things for the man I hope will consider us.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Always okay to leave the possibility open. It is a logical statement after all. ;)

In this particular case, it's like "Innocent until proven guilty." I think Ridley's probably not playable, unless he is proven playable.
It's so funny that you say this because that's a major reason I declared almost confirmed.

Normally, it would make sense for everyone.

But it was talked so much that every counter I could get was being contradictory to Sakurai. I wasn't even able to find a theory where the result would be not playable.

I still wasn't able to find one so it became to the point of me assuming the default case being playable until proven to not be.

It's the complete opposite it's like "guilty until proven innocent."

That's only because it's not objective that it's 99% for me.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario

Also what can you say about Zelda's Phantom. I know people were saying it's either part of her attack or an Assist, and it wasn't until a few months later that he finally talked about it.
Does it really take it, SHOULD it really take THAT long for a simple boss A.I and model? Especially one that goes in a straight forward pattern with the same attacks that's been in development from say early 2013 to now, you're telling me one boss AI and model isn't close enough to finished so it can't be shown? They have no problem with showing off a "unfinished model" they did it with Lucina. If Ridley really was a boss you'd think he would have been done by April 8th 2014 max.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Zelda's Phantom is not in any way the same thing as one of the most requested playable characters and the main antagonist of one of Nintendo's core franchises. Those two things aren't even comparable.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
He probably didn't know that some people would think either Ashley or Chrom were plaayble when he disconfirmed them, and look what happened, he had to clarify their status.

Considering the Ridley fanbase (and hatebase) is, to put it simply, really BIG, you'd think Sakurai would've noticed what's going on here, now would you?
He didn't say Ridley though. He didn't show him in his entirety.

Thing is, Ashley and Chrom's roles were easy to deduct based on the post and video, respectively. He didn't say Ashley was a newcomer and she didn't get a character box on the site. Chrom's role was easy because you could see Robin and him circling around in an opponent, with Robin glowing like many others do during their Final Smash.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
No no no. Ridley has to ready. Otherwise they wouldn't have shown part of his model. Isn't that right?

Unless,
It was an accident.

Last edited:
Top Bottom