• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
probably this is why the thread tends to go offtopic so often.
It can be hard not to sometimes.

I hope we get metroid primes Ridley design if he's playable, but I'll take anything at this point.

Edit: basically lasers still, in the game they function that way, but this is unimportant. Lets talk about Ridley

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
I hope its not to simple to unlock characters in this game, I want to be bloody and broken when I obtain him.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
We should just make a thead for every Ridley.

Ridley (Ridley, Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley)
Clone Ridley (little birdie, Mystery Creature, Clone Ridley)
Ridley-X
Nintendoland Ridley (Nintendoland Ridley, Ice Ridley)

Make it a special case just for Ridley because this thread is too big. Everything needs to be reproportioned specially for this board in order for it to fit. :troll:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Give the public too much, and they'll start to crave for more....
=u= Oh my....maybe later.....

Moar...Moar...MOAR DRAWINGS! MOOOOGHAAAAAGHHR!
That logic doesn`t works for me for some reasons. I give public too much and nearly nothing happens.
Oh, come on! of course something happens! -u- I'm the one who wants to see more of your awesome stuff with those models! I envy you...a lot.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I hope its not to simple to unlock characters in this game, I want to be bloody and broken when I obtain him.
Play for 90 hours in a single match while moving at least once each 5 minutes to unlock...every character except for Mario. But each character requires separate match. Would that be good for you?
Oh, come on! of course something happens! -u- I'm the one who wants to see more of your awesome stuff with those models! I envy you...a lot.
Well, here, of course something happens, but anywhere else - nope. For example, i am getting nearly no feedback on either MUGEN Samus or "New" Ridley, which i need to fix bugs and glitches. When i say something about Ridley not on this forum, everyone goes apesh**, kinda like on GamesFAQ or Miiverse, but that is not what i need or even want.
I ran out of ideas for images with 3d models...

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Play for 90 hours in a single match while moving at least once each 5 minutes to unlock...every character except for Mario. But each character requires separate match. Would that be good for you?
Hahaha, sounds excessive, I like unique ways of unlocking people as well, or even secret ways!

For example said you had a zone you had to run through but instead you decided to stay still, and if you do for to long Ridley breaks out of the wall behind you and throws you onto a stage to fight him. And if you win you get Ridley.

AND IF YOU LOSE YOU LOSE CHARACTERS!!!

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
"Miiverse party?"
Is that code for "war against the moderators?"
:troll:
Because that's already been done
They can't remove speculation on character... right? Unless they don't want us talking about them... so we dont ruin the surprise.

Anyways, Im gonna make a post on Miiverse linking post 2, then all of you guys "yeah" it, and make replies on how it "opened your eyes to his playability"

Like this if you're in

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hahaha, sounds excessive, I like unique ways of unlocking people as well, or even secret ways!

For example said you had a zone you had to run through but instead you decided to stay still, and if you do for to long Ridley breaks out of the wall behind you and throws you onto a stage to fight him. And if you win you get Ridley.

AND IF YOU LOSE YOU LOSE CHARACTERS!!!
THAT is basicly what i did to unlock Mewtwo. But instead of time, i played match against 99x stock Mr.Game & Watches. That was painful. Especially after i realized that i unlocked nothing.

Hm...then how about that:
If you will beat Samus without getting hit by her projectiles in 5 matches without any fails between (if you will fail, matches without getting hit by her projectiles will be reset), you will unlock a special event match. Then, after completing that event match with 1 Samus (player`s character) VS 99 Ridleys (only 5 can be present at once) with only 1 stock available, you will unlock Ridley. On easy difficulty, Ridley has a slight handicap that makes him 25% easier to knock out. On Hard mode, he is 25% harder to knock out. There is no items. 10 minutes on Hard mode, 13 on Normal mode, 17 on Easy mode to finish it before Pyrosphere goes kaboom. Stage is Pyrosphere. Normal version of it. Does that sounds unique enough? Yeah, its kinda hard...but worth it.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Well, here, of course something happens, but anywhere else - nope. For example, i am getting nearly no feedback on either MUGEN Samus or "New" Ridley, which i need to fix bugs and glitches. When i say something about Ridley not on this forum, everyone goes apesh**, kinda like on GamesFAQ or Miiverse, but that is not what i need or even want.
I ran out of ideas for images with 3d models...
:/ It is just like when I only posted my drawings on FB, my family would only say "oh it looks nice" and they wouldn't even know who the hell I drew......some of my friends know...but it's no big deal.....in THIS PLACE they know about the stuff I do (well...part of it....) and they like it, a great example is my Rids and Roids stuff. So, screw FB. The Ridley thread is where I belong....

And I have "art block" as you can see....so we have the same problem....

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
:/ It is just like when I only posted my drawings of FB, my family would only say "oh it looks nice" and they wouldn't even know who the hell I drew......some of my friends know...but it's no big deal.....in THIS PLACE they know about the stuff I do (well...part of it....) and they like it, a great example is my Rids and Roids stuff. So, screw FB. The Ridley thread is where I belong....

Well...no one in my country except for my sister and maybe few other peoples knows what i am drawing unless i say who is that. Some (or even most, i know enough examples of those who doesn`t knows to say at least "some") don`t even know who is Mario or Bowser...so, you are more lucky...any of you...by the way, what does "FB" means?

And we know who to call...? At least here, there is no problems with any of that.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
draw your hand and when you finish... draw it again

we really need a social thread for Ridley can we just make an exception for Ridley and have one before confirm/deconfirm?

You know how Ridley "LOVES" Exceptions :D

AndreaAC

Well...no one in my country except for my sister and maybe few other peoples knows what i am drawing unless i say who is that. Some (or even most, i know enough examples of those who doesn`t knows to say at least "some") don`t even know who is Mario or Bowser...so, you are more lucky...any of you...by the way, what does "FB" means?

And we know who to call...? At least here, there is no problems with any of that.
Well....sometimes they know or sometimes I have to explain to the who I drew too (Ridley or other stuff....), and FB is Facebook.....
Yeah...at leas there's not so much problems with that.....and If I didn't live inside a Furnace...I could get more inspiration to draw....but....the heat is just infernal....I could literally say that I live in Norfair.....

G2A571_0D87AB8D56746_000.gif

But I can take a break....

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
No one wants to miiverse raid?

Okay...

it's fine...

i get it....

I GET IT OKAY *sniffle*

AndreaAC

draw your hand and when you finish... draw it again

we really need a social thread for Ridley can we just make an exception for Ridley and have one before confirm/deconfirm?

You know how Ridley "LOVES" Exceptions :D
But my Crazy Hand and brain feel lazy today...even for Ridley....blame school.....so, maybe...later....thanks for the advice! :D

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Trust me. Everything and anything related to Ridley has been discussed to death on this thread :p
What about his tail spike? Have we discussed whether it's pure bone or that it's made of keratin?

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
But my Crazy Hand and brain feel lazy today...even for Ridley....blame school.....so, maybe...later....thanks for the advice! :D
you could try drawing with your non proficent hand, your hand. you don't need to convince yourself it needs to be "decent looking", since is not your proficent hand, so you just can have fun drawing :p

(I mean if you really want to draw)

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

Okay...

it's fine...

i get it....

I GET IT OKAY *sniffle*
Miiverse does not deserve the opportunity to read such a masterpiece.
kiddingandnotkidding

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
What about his tail spike? Have we discussed whether it's pure bone or that it's made of keratin?
Well, I want to say bone. Partially because bone-weapons are a ton more intimidating than the stuff hair and nails are made of, mostly because the red tinging of what we see of Ridley's tail in the Direct reminds me of blood vessels and marrow.

AndreaAC

you could try drawing with your non proficent hand, your hand. you don't need to convince yourself it needs to be "decent looking", since is not your proficent hand, so you just can have fun drawing :p

(I mean if you really want to draw)
xD Oh no, ya hice eso en la materia de bocetaje...y hasta me dio pena de lo feo que se veia....I'm a Sinister for life....

And I have homework I should be doing...and if Ridley gets inside my head.....I won't be able to do it.....

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

Okay...

it's fine...

i get it....

I GET IT OKAY *sniffle*
I don't want to set foot in miiverse. People getting hacked, people getting banned, people whining about others getting banned, and the over the top character art (sometimes).

Ridleys tail spike is likely bone, but perhaps it's easily detached and regrows? A bit like a lizards tail?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well, I want to say bone. Partially because bone-weapons are a ton more intimidating than the stuff hair and nails are made of, mostly because the red tinging of what we see of Ridley's tail in the Direct reminds me of blood vessels and marrow.
Rhino horns are made of keratin, and no one doubts that they are extremely dangerous animals.

But yeah, Ridley's tail-spike is probably bone. I never thought of it the way you said it regarding the red tinge.

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
So with the Corocoro tour potentially revealing the entire starting roster this week, how do we think that affects Ridley?

I've personally maintained that he'll be a hidden character since forever, but what about you guys?
When will that tour be starting again? I read it would be happening but I don't think I ever caught a date on when exactly.

As for Ridley's status, I do think he should be an unlockable character and in my opinion would work really well as one of the last unlockable ones. But at the same time, I do maintain that he would be one of the most hype-generating characters there is when it comes to this game. So, from a marketing perspective, Ridley would probably be a good choice to at least reveal before the release of the game.

If anything, I think it'd be better for Sakurai to maybe reveal all the newcomers before the game releases, as at least then he'd actually be able to surprise us. Otherwise we'd just unceremoniously find out through some schmuck who got the game a day early or something. I just think that would be a bad way to end all the hype, might as well go out with a bang.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
This is the Ridley thread in a nutshell.

Ridley's on fire and cringing angrily.

The only words that can be heard are SchAlternate saying "pure boner"

followed by Andrea screaming "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"
Well, hey, look at it this way, at least we're already prepared to turn this into the "Ridley Social Thread!" :awesome:

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
What would Ridley's actual splash reveal be?

Other than something joking about him not being too big.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
What would Ridley's actual splash reveal be?

Other than something joking about him not being too big.
Ridley provides air support.

Ridley causes a storm!

Ridley squeezes in!

Ridley has his big break!

Ridley! Enough said!

Last edited:

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Ridley Terrorises the Competition!

Ridley Hunts for Prey!

Ridley Roars into Battle!

Ridley Something something Metroid!

Ridley Murders your Parents! (Too much? :drohmy:)

Top Bottom