• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I just hate when people start or get involved in arguments just to try and prove themselves right or disprove others instead of starting a discussion.

Then it becomes more feeding one's ego, rather than having fun conversational exchanges.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Be honest, did you stab Phaazoid with that blade on your right arm? I'd think someone like you Weavel would do that...
Nah, nah, we cool. We worked out a non-Ridley related issue outside of the Ridley thread. Seems a lot of folks should be doing that.

So with the Corocoro tour potentially revealing the entire starting roster this week, how do we think that affects Ridley?

I've personally maintained that he'll be a hidden character since forever, but what about you guys?

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Be honest, did you stab Phaazoid with that blade on your right arm? I'd think someone like you Weavel would do that...
he is a cyborg, not like it would affect him.

now... whatever happened to andrea?

maybe its just me, but i swear i havent seen her post in quite awhile... i kinda miss her ridley drawings.

oh, and... what is this about the corocoro magazine on august 12th, or whatever? i saw something about it while looking on google... i assume its old news, but it said something about revealing all characters? or was that a misunderstanding?

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/07...-revealed-on-august-12th-on-monthly-corocoro/

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I was thinking more along these lines
It is more like either Gyigas (because even when we break through their arguments, they do not realize that and still think that they are right about those arguments) or that:

Falcon Punch is a lot more epic and powerful than anything else you could ever see.
So with the Corocoro tour potentially revealing the entire starting roster this week, how do we think that affects Ridley?

I've personally maintained that he'll be a hidden character since forever, but what about you guys?
It won`t affect him at all unless he will reveal entire roster or if Ridley will be on the starting roster. But i think he is a secret character because why not? Ganondorf was secret character too even though he was pretty obvious.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Nah, nah, we cool. We worked out a non-Ridley related issue outside of the Ridley thread. Seems a lot of folks should be doing that.

Yeah Ridley does seem more like an unlock then a starter, and I don't really think that the reveal will do much, for obvious reasons. Probably the only stuff we didn't know about will be some returning vets like an Earthbound character or something

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
So anyways something that caused me to finally make an account was the final smash discussion that went on earlier today(yesterday??).

I personally always thought his final smash would be a cinematic like Captain Falcon's, he rushes the opponents and picks them up, effectively teleporting them to Pyrosphere and scraping them against the wall and finishing with a fire ball to the face, sort of like what he did in DoA for the 3DS

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Look, I don't know if this has been mentioned on this thread before...(I'm not going to go back and read the past couple hundred pages or so) but what if the boss of the Pyrosphere is acually another boss that you fight within Other M

[collapse= Metroid other M bosses][collapse=Rhedogian]
[/collapse][collapse=Queen Metroid]
[/collapse][collapse=Nightmare]
[/collapse][collapse=Asborean]
[/collapse][/collapse]
The fact that Sakurai showed the Pyrosphere during his discussion about stage bosses means that the Pyrosphere will be receiving a boss, just maybe not Ridley...

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
It is more like either Gyigas (because even when we break through their arguments, they do not realize that and still think that they are right about those arguments) or that:

Falcon Punch is a lot more epic and powerful than anything else you could ever see.

It won`t affect him at all unless he will reveal entire roster or if Ridley will be on the starting roster. But i think he is a secret character because why not? Ganondorf was secret character too even though he was pretty obvious.
I'll stick to mugetsu, falcon punch is saved for his confirmation.

And yes, I have 0 doubt that Ridley would be unlock able; in fact, I believe most of the newcomers we have seen will be.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Hold up, hold up.

Disconfirmation week? Someone please fill me in. We lost Takamaru, why do people think we're going to be losing more this week?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I'm pretty confident that Ridley will be a hidden character. He just seems to fly that way for me. Like, you can't give players access to Ridley right off the bat, we have to work towards it. Just like we had to work towards stopping the Anti-Ridleys. :shades:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Hold up, hold up.

Disconfirmation week? Someone please fill me in. We lost Takamaru, why do people think we're going to be losing more this week?
Mostly due to the fact that we are nearing the release date and coro coro rapidly; it's quite likely nothing will happen, but prepare for the worst.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340

No, I don't believe so. If he was hidden, why show him in any way, shape, or form? Why not just, oh, I don't know...KEEP HIM SECRET! I think this is deliberate by Sakurai to eventually reveal him as playable to hype up the game's release, hopefully in the next few weeks. I think, as I've said before, it'd be a villains trailer with him, K Rool, and possibly Mewtwo/Meta Knight as a vet. It would be the most hype I've ever had for any game ever made if this actually happens.

EDIT: By hidden, did you mean unlockable or hidden as in someone beats the game and posts the roster online with him in it type of hidden? Guess that would have been a good preemptive question :/

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Hold up, hold up.

i guess cause he was a (somewhat?)popular requested character and sakurai destroyed their hopes and dreams. we'll find out our answer if it is or not...or maybe thats his plan! trying to lower our guards down and then the day after that its dis confirming up the butt

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Hold up, hold up.

What @ Turokman5896 Turokman5896 said, the closer we get to the release date, the more concrete stuff we're gonna hear. August marks a month and a half until the release. Bombs are gonna start dropping. Will Ridley/Pyrosphere be one? Only time will tell.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Mostly due to the fact that we are nearing the release date and coro coro rapidly; it's quite likely nothing will happen, but prepare for the worst.
Ohhh. If that's the case, then I don't know why this week, but hey ho. Sakurai'll absolutely pull the big guns out for the final PotDs. We can expect that much.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Hold up, hold up.

Because Takamaru was considered to be a major disconfirmation by the fanbase, and just so happened to coincide on the first day of the PotD week. I wouldn't put any stock in it though, it's just a coincidence.

And a Ridley disconfirmation missed its opportunity twice, in both late August (after Pyrosphere) and then the April Direct (in which Sakurai had no reason to hold him back if he wasn't playable). I doubt it will happen now, only if the roster is leaked and he isn't on there.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
If we're not getting Ridley as a boss I'm calling that damn Rhedogian. F that guy. Then again, his musical theme rocks my socks and shoes off.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
he is a cyborg, not like it would affect him.

now... whatever happened to andrea?

maybe its just me, but i swear i havent seen her post in quite awhile... i kinda miss her ridley drawings.
-u- Oh, I do not always post drawings! I haven't got the time/inspiration to do so...and....I posted some Ridley drawings yesterday :3....maybe later I will draw something! =u= You missed my drawings kinda quickly....

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Look, I don't know if this has been mentioned on this thread before...(I'm not going to go back and read the past couple hundred pages or so) but what if the boss of the Pyrosphere is acually another boss that you fight within Other M

[/collapse][/collapse]
The fact that Sakurai showed the Pyrosphere during his discussion about stage bosses means that the Pyrosphere will be receiving a boss, just maybe not Ridley...
I think we will get either Ridley (f**k no) or Rhedogian because they did appeared in Pyrosphere. Queen Metroid won`t fit on the stage and has no place to hide in, that crab thing has no place to hide in either and is a common enemy that can easily be defeated if he will be in 2D space since you can just jump over him and attack him while he is just going "WHEEE!" on the floor and Nightmare did not appeared in Pyrosphere. At least Rhedogian is fitting for a boss and has a pretty good theme. Not as good as Ridley`s, but still good. And he at least will be a better boss than Ridley or Yellow Devil. He won`t just stand in the same place, shoot lasers, move to the other side of the stage, repeat, or fly for 11 seconds without doing anything, then jump for no reasons.

Last edited:

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
-u- Oh, I do not always post drawings! I haven't got the time/inspiration to do so...and....I posted some Ridley drawings yesterday :3....maybe later I will draw something! =u= You missed my drawings kinda quickly....
Give the public too much, and they'll start to crave for more....

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I think we will get either Ridley (f**k no) or Rhedogian because they did appeared in Pyrosphere. Queen Metroid won`t fit on the stage and has no place to hide in, that crab thing has no place to hide in either and is a common enemy that can easily be defeated if he will be in 2D space since you can just jump over him and attack him while he is just going "WHEEE!" on the floor and Nightmare did not appeared in Pyrosphere. At least Rhedogian is fitting for a boss and has a pretty good theme. Not as good as Ridley`s, but still good. And he at least will be a better boss than Ridley or Yellow Devil. He won`t just stand in the same place, shoot lasers, move to the other side of the stage, repeat, or fly for 11 seconds without doing anything, then jump for no reasons.
Don't forget kraid; he could stand behind the stage or to the side and shoot lasers, as well as smash the stage with his fist. Hopefully the boss isn't Ridley, because not only would he not be playable, but because his boss attacks would suck huge dongs according to the direct footage.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Guys, I'm in a party mood tonight. Let's organize something.

I'm gonna make a miiverse post linking to page 2 of this thread.

I'll link it here, all of you "Yeah" it, and make fake comments about how great it is.

Who's in?

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Guys, I'm in a party mood tonight. Let's organize something.

I'm gonna make a miiverse post linking to page 2 of this thread.

I'll link it here, all of you "Yeah" it, and make fake comments about how great it is.

Who's in?
Definitely

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Give the public too much, and they'll start to crave for more....
Moar...Moar...MOAR DRAWINGS! MOOOOGHAAAAAGHHR!
That logic doesn`t works for me for some reasons. I give public too much and nearly nothing happens.
Don't forget kraid; he could stand behind the stage or to the side and shoot lasers, as well as smash the stage with his fist. Hopefully the boss isn't Ridley, because not only would he not be playable, but because his boss attacks would suck huge dongs according to the direct footage.
Well, he would fit better for some kind of Brinstar stage. There always is one, so, why wouldn`t there be any in Sm4sh? Oh, and he can`t shoot lasers and his fist is kinda...not that big. His fingers are long and thing and without them, his hand would be so small it would look funny. I hope there is NO bosses on Pyrosphere because...just look what happened to Willy`s Castle - Yellow Devil interrupts the fight each 30 seconds.
Hey guys, sorry if this was asked before, but:

What would be the best way to unlock Ridley in SSB4?
Beat classic/adventure mode on hard mode with either Samus or ZSS. OR beat some kind of event match. Kinda like Ganondorf in Melee.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Hey guys, sorry if this was asked before, but:

What would be the best way to unlock Ridley in SSB4?
Beat Samus and zero suit Samus a combined fifty times in Vs.

Edit: kraid does fire strange projectiles that are basically lasers in super metroid. Also, instead of a fist, he could slap. But seriously, beating Samus enough times is the best way in my eyes.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
The way we unlock him better be challenging. I did not wait 10 years for Ridley to be starter. GIVE CONNOR A CHALLENGE SAKURAI I CAN TAKE IT

*inb4 Ridley need 100k hours playtime

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So anyways something that caused me to finally make an account was the final smash discussion that went on earlier today(yesterday??).

I personally always thought his final smash would be a cinematic like Captain Falcon's, he rushes the opponents and picks them up, effectively teleporting them to Pyrosphere and scraping them against the wall and finishing with a fire ball to the face, sort of like what he did in DoA for the 3DS
Welcome to the site, for starters. We've had just about every discussion imaginable, including this one, done to death by this point. Your suggestion is actually one of the more popular ones, though most think otherwise mostly because they think Ridley could do something more destructive.

While I'd prefer either the Metroid Queen on SR388 and/or Nightmare on a Fusion stage, a boss medley of Other M minibosses would be pretty sweet. Also forgot the Desbrachian, more than a few of which appear all over Sector 3.

Hold up, hold up.

My theory is that people often make patterns based on any little thing, most of all the first pic of a week. Recently there's been stage and alt palette swap heavy weeks, so it's not that much of a stretch.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Hold up, hold up.

nothing, really, just that obviously not all the popular characters will be in, we have the new challanger logo out, so a new reveal (probably a vet) is pretty soon, and deconfirming 2 characters followed by a returning vet seems like a good way to soften the sour drink.

Welcome, I personally would prefer a space pirate raid attack, but if it's too complicated or tiem consuming to code it, a simple animation attack would suffice.

Frankly final smashes are so unbalanced that I consider them the least important part of a character.

EDIT: Other final smashes that have been considered are turning into meta ridley, hardening his skin and getting super armor, or calling every iteration of ridley to create madness... i'm putting them here because i doubt someone is able to read the whole thread to find the discussin he wanted. :p

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970

[/collapse][/collapse]
Trust me. Everything and anything related to Ridley has been discussed to death on this thread :p

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Beat Samus and zero suit Samus a combined fifty times in Vs.

Edit: kraid does fire strange projectiles that are basically lasers in super metroid. Also, instead of a fist, he could slap. But seriously, beating Samus enough times is the best way in my eyes.
He can only throw his claws, belly projetciles (not THROW in this case, but shoot instead) and spikes on his back at Samus. There is no lasers.
Um...that will be a very easy way to unlock him because lv1 AI + 1 stock match = easy Ridley. Kinda like unlocking Ganondorf through event match in Melee or unlocking every character in SSE.

Last edited:
Top Bottom