• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majora_787

Smash Hero
Trying to explain why a slow moving straight horizontal recovery ISN'T overpowered. :Y

I swear it's like Miiverse has never heard of edgeguarding.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I don't care about the last words :/ I care about getting my point across. It's not even about opinion, it's very basic fact. I'm not sure if you've ever debated; or had a standard argument before (not one about who was right or wrong, but one where each side states facts, and uses only evidence to argue), but it's clear you don't have much experience in that area. I'm not trying to sound elitist, I'm just trying to explain everything I'm saying in the simplest terms possible to give you the tools to argue back.

But if you can't connect the fact that I used an absurd argument to disprove your logic by counterexample(the point of which is to use something untrue, so I used something everyone would know is untrue, something ridiculous), then just can't make the terms simpler than that. I replaced the words with variables for heaven's sake. The fact that you're chalking this up to last words and belief makes me think that you're simply too emotionally invested in this argument to see rationally, and so I'm going to let it go instead of wasting more words on you. I'm sorry we couldn't see eye to eye.
I debate a lot in political issues and people considered me good at it.

But what you're not seem to be understand is that Understanding, does not equal agreement. and I don't agree you disproved my "Logic" because you gave en entirely different case then what I was advocating for. and when you're telling the other to stop it is suggesting you were right. and in politics this never ends.

And you're saying I am to emotional to accept your facts? I just don't agree with them and think they're wrong:4pacman:

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I debate a lot in political issues and people considered me good at it.

But what you're not seem to be understand is that Understanding, does not equal agreement. and I don't agree you disproved my "Logic" because you gave en entirely different case then what I was advocating for. and when you're telling the other to stop it is suggesting you were right. and in politics this never ends.

And you're saying I am to emotional to accept your facts? I just don't agree with them and think they're wrong:4pacman:
I am the future president, trust me, if you knew me. . . you'd want me in office now. Even though i'm only a teenager. RIDLEY SHOULD BE THE PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I mean less like Donkey Kong and more like Peach using her hover to recover. Just imagine how that would go, a large target slowly moving in a straight horizontal line toward the stage. Nobody WOULDN'T edgeguard them. :troll:
HE'S MOVING IN A STRAIGHT LINE

WHAT DO I DO

Last edited:
I wonder if Ridley/meta ridley etc. could be an alternate costume for main Roidley. . .

(Definitely not trying to get thread back on track)

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
For some reason Johnny Cash captures the essence of this thread. So does weird al. (especially after Foil)

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Long time lurker of this thread, never had to courage to make an account and speak up before now. I use this thread as mostly reassurance that my favorite purple pirate will (most likely) be playable.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Long time lurker of this thread, never had to courage to make an account and speak up before now. I use this thread as mostly reassurance that my favorite purple pirate will (most likely) be playable.
Welcome, just don't, don't mever drink no water.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I wonder if Ridley/mecha ridley etc. could be an alternate costume for main Roidley. . .

(Definitely not trying to get thread back on track)
Don't see why not, in brawl wario was the only one I think to have an official different costume.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Welcome, brother!

Don't drink the water, and all shall be well!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Embarrass Well I guess I'm... glad I kinda rubbed off on ya there after awhile, not that I was faulting you for not being a fan of Other M Ridley, but yeah. It was kinda depressing to see how a Ridley fan of your caliber obsessively hated on Roidley that much at the time (not gonna lie), and just felt you could be better/more positive than that.. Am glad too though that something good came out of trying to have a slightly different take on Roidley after awhile. The interaction comics with him and Ridley as "bros" or whatever are always usually wonderful. xD I mean Roidley was never my favorite design either but either way him having that design in Smash 4 was inevitable, so I figured you just had to make the best of it regardless of the role he gets in the game. Roidley's not the worst thing in the world either once you get used to him. The Other M evolution line on the other hand I never particularly cared for either, so continue hating on that all you want I guess. xD

But um.. yeah. How times have changed now.
=u= Yeah...it was a good thing that you did that! It was kinda hard for me to get those hateful thoughts out of my head in those days....God, they really stressed me out....and everything changed when I came up with the thing of Ridley helping Roidley become "thinner"......then I wanted to make a second part of it, then a third....and from that day on, the idea got stuck in my head, and I liked it. And now that I'm checking my Rids and Roids stuff again, I don't remember when I exactly started using the "Big Bro." thingy with Roidley xD . =u= And there were some other friends that didn't liked Roidley too much either, but that they found my idea of silly Roidley adorable and they started to like him bit by bit (first I felt it like a backfire...but then I saw it as something possitive) , and the abusive humor alongside Ridley they found it funny.....I definitely changed myself without even knowing....And I didn't even knew how to feel about other people using my concept ( SchAlternate, DustyPumpkin, Dalek Kolt, WingedSnagret and Bagan. and also an amazing writer I know from somewhere..)...But It made me feel so happy that they liked it that much!.....And about Ridley's possible appearance in Smash....I don't care as long as he's playable....

Oh...the Evolution line...meh, I will just...put it aside,... but I use it sometimes with Ridley and Roidley when they are "babies". xD

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
He has like bee wings in zero mission and fusion, and then Meta Ridley and Roildley have a gigantic wing span. It's pretty strange how he's even able to fly in some forms.
I swear, the Illuminati better get out of our games or they'll have the Ridley fans to mess with.

I guess ridley is bottom tier then :troll:
But still cool as heck though (not unlike Mewtwo)

Last edited:

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Hello Ridley people. I thought i'd share my drawing i made today here because it features your character!

Hope you like it!
Funny drawling. You have black shadow and captain rainbow in your sig, Thats how I know you are a good person.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
He has like bee wings in zero mission and fusion, and then Meta Ridley and Roildley have a gigantic wing span. It's pretty strange how he's even able to fly in some forms.
I have come up with a scientific theory surrounding the wings of Ridley!

Regular Ridley's wings are naturally small, but wings as small as that cannot lift such a heavy body mass. This means that Regular Ridley's body is naturally light, but can pack a punch on impact. When applied with metallic prosthetics (thus altering him into Meta Ridley), his wingspan fleshes out and grows to a larger size. This explains why whenever Ridley is unaltered he has bee-like wings, but when being Meta Ridley he has a huge wingspan. But where does Roidley fit into this? Roidley technically is an altered clone of the original Ridley, so he is not the original Ridley. This explains Roidley's massive wingspan.

So, what does all of this mean? I'll tell you:
When Ridley is confirmed for Smash 4, he will be a lightweight character, like Jigglypuff and Pikachu :troll:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway. Because bees don't care what humans think is impossible. -Bee Movie

majora_787

Smash Hero
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway. Because bees don't care what humans think is impossible. -Bee Movie

Bee movie? More like...

RIDLEE MOVIE.

Also detractors are getting to the point where Ridley is deconfirmed because a nonmagical character with wings hovers by using their wings, and also because it makes no sense for a new character to have new mechanics.

:troll:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
This is actually really false misinformation. A single scientist from a hundred or so years ago claimed that bees shouldn't be able to fly, and people just kinda spread the information even after it was proved that there's no physics-defying aspect to bees whatsoever.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Bee movie? More like...

RIDLEE MOVIE.

Also detractors are getting to the point where Ridley is deconfirmed because a nonmagical character with wings hovers by using their wings, and also because it makes no sense for a new character to have new mechanics.

:troll:
Sillly Sakurai, you can't add new mechanics to a game series that is basically an entire new mechanic to fighting games.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I have come up with a scientific theory surrounding the wings of Ridley!

Regular Ridley's wings are naturally small, but wings as small as that cannot lift such a heavy body mass. This means that Regular Ridley's body is naturally light, but can pack a punch on impact. When applied with metallic prosthetics (thus altering him into Meta Ridley), his wingspan fleshes out and grows to a larger size. This explains why whenever Ridley is unaltered he has bee-like wings, but when being Meta Ridley he has a huge wingspan. But where does Roidley fit into this? Roidley technically is an altered clone of the original Ridley, so he is not the original Ridley. This explains Roidley's massive wingspan.

So, what does all of this mean? I'll tell you:
When Ridley is confirmed for Smash 4, he will be a lightweight character, like Jigglypuff and Pikachu :troll:
What I want to know is why Ridley's wings seem so big in the Direct.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Good, that means we won't get on-disc DLC like every other modern, big-budget fighter.
I don't think it's fair to really lump 'em all together like that just because of like Capcom.. but okay.

----------

And late to saying it too since I've been gone all day, but yeah. While Weavel may have some *ahem* highly questionable debating skills (like acting as though something will somehow become more true the more he says it), he's no troll/hater, even though he never stops talking about something until he has the final word which is the only reason the DLC topic has gone on as long as it has. He never told me what the "major contradictions" were that made the Metroid manga completely non-canon, so I just saw it as a lost cause to keep discussing it.

Not sure if you guys have some personal vendetta against Gematsu (you probably do) but I for one think it still holds some credence. Clearly it missed a few characters so that leaves more than enough room for Ridley.
With the way Gematsu absolutists treated anyone who didn't fully believe in the leak before Chrom was deconfirmed, can't say I really blame anyone who'd have a grudge against it, even though I'm also one of the people who thinks it was just outdated and might still hold some weight (a big 'might' though), but seeing that cocky "Hope you enjoy Shulk" line and then to get two others instead was still poetic justice at its finest.

@ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt you could have Ridley and roidley in a room together at the same time. Since meta Ridley is modified Ridley, one is just the other, further down his timeline. Can't have them at the same time.
Unless someone like Sakurai treats Ridley and his metaform as separate beings a la SSE. -_-

majora_787

Smash Hero
I don't think it's fair to really lump 'em all together like that just because of like Capcom.. but okay.

----------

And late to saying it too since I've been gone all day, but yeah. While Weavel may have some *ahem* highly questionable debating skills (like acting as though something will somehow become more true the more he says it), he's no troll/hater, even though he never stops talking about something until he has the final word which is the only reason the DLC topic has gone on as long as it has. He never told me what the "major contradictions" were that made the Metroid manga completely non-canon, so I just saw it as a lost cause to keep discussing it.

With the way Gematsu absolutists treated anyone who didn't fully believe in the leak before Chrom was deconfirmed, can't say I really blame anyone who'd have a grudge against it, even though I'm also one of the people who thinks it was just outdated and might still hold some weight (a big 'might' though), but seeing that cocky "Hope you enjoy Shulk" line and then to get two others instead was still poetic justice at its finest.

Unless someone like Sakurai treats Ridley and his metaform as separate beings a la SSE. -_-
How do we know they didn't just patch Ridley up REALLY QUICKLY and ship him out again as Meta Ridley? :troll:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
How do we know they didn't just patch Ridley up REALLY QUICKLY and ship him out again as Meta Ridley? :troll:
Because one of the pirate logs indicated the metaform change was a long painful process?

Top Bottom