• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
You know, it's a little suspicious that nobody at all has actually given a timestamp for this thing.
I'm about ready to write it off completely. I mean, I already discredited it but it's almost official now

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Please document exactly when/where said playtester said this. Otherwise I'd sooner believe one of the "My dad works for Nintendo" leaks is legitimate before some social media bandwagoning off of a rumor no one else has confirmed or even humored for any reason other than trolling.
Remember the last time we took someone's word that something pretty significant was seen or mentioned by a rep on good faith?

chunky.png

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
"Nintendo rep said Dragon on Pyrosphere" is not true.

It was yet another attempt to say Ridley is deconfirmed.

Why does our fanbase have to deal with this ****

majora_787

Smash Hero
"Nintendo rep said Dragon on Pyrosphere" is not true.

It was yet another attempt to say Ridley is deconfirmed.

Why does our fanbase have to deal with this ****
Because Ridley is the exception.

You can like or want ANY CHARACTER YOU WANT. *ANY*. Even Goku or Shrek. At least if you request those kinds of characters you're just a meme or a moron. But once you say "The R Word", you're a delusional brainless punching bag for anyone with free time and an account on a website with any sort of subset for Smash Bros.

I really hope anything good comes out of the teasing. Because it's just never going to end unless it ends well.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
If the information's source isn't Sakurai or Nintendo, then you need to take it with a pinch a ferry load of a salt.

Especially if that information is posted on forums or social networking sites: the worst places on the internet for deception and trolling.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Because Ridley is the exception.

You can like or want ANY CHARACTER YOU WANT. *ANY*. Even Goku or Shrek. At least if you request those kinds of characters you're just a meme or a moron. But once you say "The R Word", you're a delusional brainless punching bag for anyone with free time and an account on a website with any sort of subset for Smash Bros.

I really hope anything good comes out of the teasing. Because it's just never going to end unless it ends well.
Try holding your own on MIIVERSE.
It's hard. I only did it ONCE, because the person had actual common sense.
All the other times I became a punching-bag. :(

majora_787

Smash Hero
If the information's source isn't Sakurai or Nintendo, then you need to take it with a pinch a ferry load of a salt.

Especially if that information is posted on forums or social networking sites: the worst places on the internet for deception and trolling.
Not to mention if it's a quote literally nobody can cite or source whatsoever, and several people who were ALSO witnessing the alleged source claim it never happened.

At least the Star Fox slip up was actually properly sourced and reuploaded.

I'm just really tired. I'm hoping for some good news next week preeetty bad right now, guys.

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
you know something i am interested to see ridley's head pasted onto?

pyramid head from silent hill.

the great knife should be roidley's head, and the handle could be his neck.

or we could just forget that last part... whichever looks better, i suppose.

since i cant possibly add anything to the conversation that hasnt been said a million times... i am just going to pop in to make random suggestions for ridley-related pictures people could make.

i would make some... but i am more of a destructor than a creator... i break, not make. :p

Last edited:

Malle

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai really needs to end this soon, because.. I can't be arsed reading about Ridley memes all day long wherever I go to anything Smash related. Either this whole phase is the biggest payoff ever in Smash history or it will become the worst nightmare.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai really needs to end this soon, because.. I can't be arsed reading about Ridley memes all day long wherever I go to anything Smash related. Either this whole phase is the biggest payoff ever in Smash history or it will become the worst nightmare.
im gonna vote on... worst nightmare.

life never turns out well, afterall... not for people who deserve it, anyway.

one reason im tempted to find a way to just sleep for a week or two straight...

im kinda between being just... utterly depressed... and completely pissed off.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
IMO they are mostly boss themes like Nightmare`s, Rhedogian`s and Phantoon`s...but i think not everyone thinks so or even most of those who heard them.
I can`t listen to them because Youtube is not working for me...
Were they remixes or original pieces?

What does "misogynistic" means?
Here, or are you saying that I spelt it wrong?

And i mostly care about gameplay in the games, not story or something like that. That is what makes a game...a game.
Yes, gameplay is capable of saving a game from having a story that rivals Twilight, vomit-inducing graphics, and an ear-****** soundtrack, but these qualities should not be ignored when the gameplay is average. If I were to ask any random gamer what they thought of Other M's gameplay, they'd say it's either "average" or "Too Linear!" and average doesn't make up for having a story that constantly puts down the main character, who you're playing as, btw.

What about the people who like the Metroid games that are more open? To them, this game is a bully who torments the player in every way imaginable.

Samus being made into a punching bag might not be horrible gameplay-wise, but it's like having Mario without the cartoony, innocent feel-goodness about his games, or Sonic without his attitude, or Super Smash Bros without the Nintendo. Sure, it won't (always) hurt the gameplay, but it just isn't the same. Yes, change can be good, but only when it's welcome. This doesn't make Samus better: it makes her worse. It takes away from what was there.

Removing plot from that game would not hurt it.
It would make Other M a much better game to a lot of people, tbh.

I'm tired of people crapping on Other M. Sure the way they told the story sucked and had a few questionable points, but I thought it was mostly fine. Samus had to take orders from Adam just like everyone else in the 07th Platoon. If she was going to be a part of the joint mission she was never called to be a part of in the first place, she would have to comply with Adam's orders just like the rest of the team, that is how the mission worked.

Not to mention she was rebellious towards Adam in her GF days, so maybe she saw obeying his commands as some sort of redemption, despite it being destructive or dangerous at certain points(i.e. the "Hell Run" sequence).
:)

And the Ridley scene was blown out of proportion by people. It was a bit too melodramatic. But like others have said before, who wouldn't freak out seeing someone who you presumed to be dead, let alone it being someone who's been constantly trying to kill you?
I only find it inconsistent, with little evidence holding enough weight to fully justify the freakout.

As for your question, a bounty hunter who has a giant screw-you cannon on her arm that has been used to kill said purple dinosaur from hell repeatedly.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@ FirestormNeos FirestormNeos just fyi your blue text is pretty impossible to read on the smashboards dark layout. You're post looks long and interesting but I'm not going to take the time to highlight it to read it :p

Also with the talk from earlier about ridley being high tier

can you imagine if there was a Ridley ditto in a tournament final

the twitch chat would just be a conglomeration of "too big" comments

it'd be so beautiful

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
@ FirestormNeos FirestormNeos just fyi your blue text is pretty impossible to read on the smashboards dark layout. You're post looks long and interesting but I'm not going to take the time to highlight it to read it :p

Also with the talk from earlier about ridley being high tier

can you imagine if there was a Ridley ditto in a tournament final

the twitch chat would just be a conglomeration of "too big" comments

it'd be so beautiful
Ridley Ditto = 2 Ridleys having a Tea Party because why the norfair not.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
:( aww man, I chose that color because Black and White blend in on some people's layouts!
Here's a screenshot, just so you can see what I mean

Also, I totally just made this
My cover photo on facebook and everyone's telling me that I don't know anything and that metroid is a girl and it's beautiful.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
"Nintendo rep said Dragon on Pyrosphere"
Look guys, there is a dragon on the PyroSphere!

It's Charizard. Undoubtedly, there will be a dragon on the PyroSphere in some form or another, whether playable or not.
Playable Ridley can be on the PyroSphere. So can any other playable character...

majora_787

Smash Hero
Were they remixes or original pieces?

Here, or are you saying that I spelt it wrong?

Yes, gameplay is capable of saving a game from having a story that rivals Twilight, vomit-inducing graphics, and an ear-****** soundtrack, but these qualities should not be ignored when the gameplay is average. If I were to ask any random gamer what they thought of Other M's gameplay, they'd say it's either "average" or "Too Linear!" and average doesn't make up for having a story that constantly puts down the main character, who you're playing as, btw.

What about the people who like the Metroid games that are more open? To them, this game is a bully who torments the player in every way imaginable.

Samus being made into a punching bag might not be horrible gameplay-wise, but it's like having Mario without the cartoony, innocent feel-goodness about his games, or Sonic without his attitude, or Super Smash Bros without the Nintendo. Sure, it won't (always) hurt the gameplay, but it just isn't the same. Yes, change can be good, but only when it's welcome. This doesn't make Samus better: it makes her worse. It takes away from what was there.

It would make Other M a much better game to a lot of people, tbh.

:)

I only find it inconsistent, with little evidence holding enough weight to fully justify the freakout.

As for your question, a bounty hunter who has a giant screw-you cannon on her arm that has been used to kill said purple dinosaur from hell repeatedly.
Context matters. That's literally all I'm saying to this. You can say anything you want, but if you ignore context, you're just making noises with your flapping word hole.

I'm not having this argument. I'm just saying.

EDIT: Charizard is the HARDEST dragon to beat on Pyrosphere.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

It's Charizard. Undoubtedly, there will be a dragon on the PyroSphere in some form or another, whether playable or not.
Playable Ridley can be on the PyroSphere. So can any other playable character...
No, you fool. Don't you understand?! I am a fire/flying type Pokemon.

Wait for me to get a Final Smash so that you can get your dragon.

majora_787

Smash Hero
You know, this reminds me of Shokio's "CHARIZARD IS NOT A DRAGON! HE'S NOT EVEN DRAGON TYPE" horsecrap. And every time I think of that I just go "Pikachu isn't a mouse! Pikachu's not even mouse-type! He is obviously an electric!"

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman

send this picture to all of the people who started the "nitnendo rep said dragon on pyrosphere" crap

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
Bro let me show you why Ridley is confirmed already...

Will Kid Icarus most likely have more than one stage? Well most likely, yes. Now Palutena's stage is her stage of the franchise and most likely Pit will have one that corresponds more to him. Just like Pyrosphere is more of Ridley's stage, than it is Samus', I'm sure she will get a stage dedicated to her too. It's only logical why Palutena's stage is in this game, since she's playable, and why Ridley would be playable sense Pyrosphere is in this game. It all makes sense because Sakurai could have chose any other significant stage that Samus fights a boss in Metroid other M. For example, he could have chose the final boss fight room as a stage and make platforms for it, and every now and then the boss could smash its tentacles (I can't really remember what it did lol) at you. Out of all the interesting bosses in Metroid other M, why would he make Ridley out of all of them a stage hazard?

So what I am basically trying to say is that Sakurai chose Pyrosphere because it could represent both Metroid Other M as the most recent installment, and could represent Ridley as a playable newcomer and not a stage hazard.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135

Wait for me to get a Final Smash so that you can get your dragon.
I wanted to say that :drflip:

Didn't know the other posts exited till I refreshed >.<

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

Found this fitting...

EDIT:

:( aww man, I chose that color because Black and White blend in on some people's layouts!
It's fine for me, really pops on the PM Theme. Maybe try using a green? That seems pretty theme-friendly

...I can't be arsed reading about Ridley memes...
Enjoy yourself:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/ridley-is-too-big/photos

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Here's a screenshot, just so you can see what I mean
Hey! We use the same layout! :D

Also, I totally just made this
My cover photo on facebook and everyone's telling me that I don't know anything and that metroid is a girl and it's beautiful.
It's beautiful.

Context matters. That's literally all I'm saying to this. You can say anything you want, but if you ignore context, you're just making noises with your flapping word hole.
Wait, where was I ignoring context?

Charizard is the HARDEST dragon to beat on Pyrosphere.
ikr?

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Wait, where was I ignoring context?
I'm not watching a 40-minute long video. Haha.

For once, I agree with @ majora_787 majora_787 . Context matters. I'll say this: No matter how you view it, you see how Samus doesn't take sh*t from the GF in ways in Other M, but mostly during Metroid Fusion. You see a change in her that's reflected most in Fusion.

Last edited:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Try holding your own on MIIVERSE.
It's hard. I only did it ONCE, because the person had actual common sense.
All the other times I became a punching-bag. :(
I dont know, Miiverse is pretty easy to debate on in terms of Ridley. it either results in my victory or my toobigot individuals retreat, which is also kind of a victory.

Also, why would anyone focus on a rumor started on Facebook? -_-

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
'll say this: No matter how you view it, you see how Samus doesn't take sh*t from the GF in ways in Other M, but mostly during Metroid Fusion. You see a change in her that's reflected most in Fusion.
I got Other M on Friday, and so far I've only played the beginning. Am I the only one who sees it as semi-logical that she listens to the GF? Apparently they won't let her work alongside them if she doesn't? Don't spoil the end for me. OM or Fusion, I'm currently playing through both.

Also, why would anyone focus on a rumor started on Facebook? -_-
Probably because it isn't GameFAQs, Neoseeker, or anywhere else that has a bad reputation for false leaks? Eh, breath of fresh air with a Facebook leak.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I got Other M on Friday, and so far I've only played the beginning. Am I the only one who sees it as semi-logical that she listens to the GF? Apparently they won't let her work alongside them if she doesn't? Don't spoil the end for me. OM or Fusion, I'm currently playing through both.

Probably because it isn't GameFAQs, Neoseeker, or anywhere else that has a bad reputation for false leaks? Eh, breath of fresh air with a Facebook leak.
Well generally speaking Samus' paycheck comes from doing what the Federation tells her to. But she isn't actually a Federation soldier during any of the games, so I could see why her suddenly stumbling into a Federation operation unannounced and asking to help would necessitate she cooperate with the person in charge.

Also yes. A facebook leak is pretty different from the average fake leak.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Just a few seconds ago it was a beautiful sunset...
Now the sky is like THIS and it's Storming outside.
Goshdangit.

Top Bottom