• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet
I've been watching the stream this whole time but haven't heard anything about Ridley or a 'dragon on pyrosphere' =/ Then again, maybe I'm just not paying enough attention, but it sounds to me like someone on FB is spreading rumors just to spark something :p

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito

First I saw/ heard of it. FB detractors are in full force after they read this. Yet, there's no official source they are willing to link in the stream.
Edited it to remove offensive language.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

First I saw/ heard of it. FB detractors are in full force after they read this. Yet, there's no official source they are willing to link in the stream.
Source or it didn't happen.

D

Deleted member

Looks like a lame attempt at a joke to me.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Lol, so you guys have been listening the whole time and it never came up, but people are making things up just for the hell of it? Morons.

Even if they DID say it it doesn't mean anything.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I was gone, can someone catch me up on this Falco and Ridley thing?

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

Argorok/Kraid with wings/Deathwing/Hellkite Dragon/Spike deconfirmed

Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Lol, so you guys have been listening the whole time and it never came up, but people are making things up just for the hell of it? Morons.

Even if they DID say it it doesn't mean anything.
They say Ridley fans look for any tiny piece of evidence to confirm him, yet they make stuff up for deconfirmation. #screwlogic

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617
I have been watching the stream the whole time, no one mentioned anything about Ridley, Pyroshpere, or anything even Metroid related.

EDIT: Fixed spelling and grammar in post. Can barely function, got up at 5am to watch this tourny.

Last edited:

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
I have been watching the stream the whole time, no one mentioned anything about Ridley, Pyroshpere, or anything even Metroid related.

EDIT: Fixed spelling and grammar in post. Can barely function, got up at 5am to watch this tourny.
No worries~. I fail typing and grammar often. Thank God for the edit option for posts. xD

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
Wait, what happened? did Ridley get disconfirmed or something? (Hopefully not)
Some people on Facebook are saying that they mentioned a "dragon thing on Pyrosphere". But considering literally not a single person on here heard anything, I'd say it's just a successful trolling attempt.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
They literally said that it's the exact same build as the E3 one at the start of the stream, both for 3DS and Wii U, we're not getting Ridley news.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
there are still quite a few characters from brawl we dont know the status of... between all those characters, plus any other possible newcomers, including ridley, i have to wonder when they plan on revealing all of them... there is only maybe a month or so left before the game is released.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Lol fabricating deconfirms. We're so wacky and crazy using observations of legitimate information. If only we could be more sensible and logical and less delusional as to cite completely fabricated information.

Also I call Ridley Andrea's "Waifu" because "Waifu" feels more obnoxiously Japanese to me. So.

EDIT: Yeah, I remember them saying it's the E3 build.

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
I was gone, can someone catch me up on this Falco and Ridley thing?
when i was watching the stream, one of the nintendo reps mentions a character but some people off stage tell him hes not suppose to talk about him yet. the comments were saying he was talking about falco.
once the stream ends and if they make it into a video on twitch like they did with the smash direct i'll try to rewatch it just to make sure he was talking about falco. as for ridley apparently people on facebook were saying dragon on pyroshpere

Malle

Smash Apprentice
Nothing was said about Ridley or "Dragon Thing on Pyrosphere"
it is all make believe cooked up from trolls and idiots in the stream.

Don't worry about it, nobody except us expect Ridley to be playable, So.. August it is to celebrate Metroid anniversaries.

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, as brutal as it is to say, it has been hysteria considering how heated the debates are. You can't even mention the character's name now without an argument blowing up.
its basically world war 3 raging on the internet.

whether we win or lose the war depends entirely on sakurai being a decent, honorable person.

...we're screwed.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
I think you guys need to see this; I got it from the Miahstorm leak thread:

[figured I'd link to the original poster, to be nice =p]

I think we're getting a trailer.

CAST YOUR VOTES:

Ridley or MK/Bandanna Dee? Or actually that villains trailer that may or may not actually happen. :c
the majority of the time they played lost levels i was watching gamexplain but the volume for bill and asain lady was low enough that i could still hear them. Bill did say something about Sakurai

Malle

Smash Apprentice
Okay, we are getting something special soon. But I still doubt it is Ridley, but one can always hope right?

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
Oh **** I think I set off a false alarm. Darn it, darn it, sorry guys. I'm just flipping back and forth between the two threads and I was looking for basically ANY good news. //hides

Let's just hope it actually IS true. Someone else said it's bull, but we can pray.

update: People are mixed on it. Apparently it's about 'something we've heard before, but not seen'

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Oh **** I think I set off a false alarm. Darn it, darn it, sorry guys. I'm just flipping back and forth between the two threads and I was looking for basically ANY good news. //hides

Let's just hope it actually IS true. Someone else said it's bull, but we can pray.

update: People are mixed on it. Apparently it's about 'something we've heard before, but not seen'
i remember the 3 guys said that they're going on break from the tournament and will show something special. i was curious to see what it was, then it turned out to be bill and asain lady playing mario lost levels. i flipped a table (not really :0 )

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
So I kinda forgot this guys but when did they say something about an August Smash direct? Not talking about the stream, but I've been looking around and can't find legit info about it

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, Ridley technically fits that description.

I kind of doubt that we're going to get anything, though.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
the guy said it was something we've "seen before, heard before, but not seen HERE yet", or something along those lines.

what have we seen/heard about that has not been shown at comic-con, yet?

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
i remember the 3 guys said that they're going on break from the tournament and will show something special. i was curious to see what it was, then it turned out to be bill and asain lady playing mario lost levels. i flipped a table (not really :0 )
True, true. I'm just hoping for the best at this point.

Well, Ridley technically fits that description.

I kind of doubt that we're going to get anything, though.
Me too, but wouldn't it be #*$%ing awesome?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I am at the convention right now as of this posting, and I have not heard of any indication that a new character will be revealed.

Other than that, there really isn't much to talk about regarding Ridley, so don't expect any news about him.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
well, since the "surprise" is likely going to be total crap... i might stop watching the livestream and go take a nap.

no, i did not mean to rhyme.

i just dont see this as being worth my time.

goddamn it.

Top Bottom