• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Ridley must be revealed soon, either we are getting a newcomer at the end of the month or at the beginning of august

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
so no reveal. thats fine. the bowser vs bowser grand finals made up for it. i seriously see Bowser becoming a high tier character
Yep. Was a great set of matches during the grand finals. Bowser looks very powerful. And faster. Like Ridley will be in Sm4sh. :troll:
Now everyone and there mommies are flooding to the miah leak thread.

Plus side were that much closer to Metriod Month
New...leak? Just how long have I been gone...?
Arent they streaming again tommorow?
Yes. But, don't get your hopes up about anything.
Huh. Didn't even realize there was a new leak thread... *grumblegrumble*

Sakurai enjoys making us Ridley fans wait doesn't he...

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Yep. Was a great set of matches during the grand finals. Bowser looks very powerful. And faster. Like Ridley will be in Sm4sh. :troll:

New...leak? Just how long have I been gone...?

Yes. But, don't get your hopes up about anything.

Huh. Didn't even realize there was a new leak thread... *grumblegrumble*

Sakurai enjoys making us Ridley fans wait doesn't he...
A leak that didn't have Chrom while the Gemetsu was the bible so people check on it after Robin&Lucina. Then he a gave a bunch of "information" and his source said bandanna dee was to be reveal at comic con. That's kinda of the summary.

I didn't really buy it, but it would have been nice since it had King K Rool and Ridley.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't find the same font used on the site so just went full couldn't be bothered approach, editing the URL is the easiet part and I clearly left it

Just thought I'd lighten the mood since Nintendo's comic con day one had just about as much effort put in as the picture, didn't think people would get worked up about it
its about ridley... you made a ridley image of ridley during world war ridley... of course people are gonna get ridley'd up.

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
I didn't really buy it, but it would have been nice since it had King K Rool and Ridley.
Yeah, same here. I didn't necessarily buy into the leak. It's just that I would've been totally okay with it being true.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Um.....

ridley2g4ujg.gif

Hey look! Meta Ridley spinning! wheee...?

-___- God I need to draw....

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
He can be Ridley's tag team partner, like the ice climbers. They're about the same size, I'm pretty sure.
God I wish I could like a post more than once.

alternate tag line for this post: This is what detractors actually believe.

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
He can be Ridley's tag team partner, like the ice climbers. They're about the same size, I'm pretty sure.
ridley is olimar clone. he picks fellow reptile characters from the ground in order: K rool, Kraid, Waluigi in a lizard costume, Bowser Jr., sceptile, and back to K rool

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
God I wish I could like a post more than once.

alternate tag line for this post: This is what detractors actually believe.
My undercover work has become too good

ridley is olimar clone. he picks fellow reptile characters from the ground in order: K rool, Kraid, Waluigi in a lizard costume, Bowser Jr., sceptile, and back to K rool
That's crazy. Waluigi is way too purple for smash.

Last edited:

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
I would fly over to Japan right now and pay Sakurai all the money in the world to see that.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
LittleMac222 said:
Ridley: Charizard clone. Insignificant and/or completely unknown to 90% of smash players as he's just a mindless generic dragon beast thing with no personality (unless you research him in comics and instruction booklets...but in games he's nothing at all). Way too big and slow and impossible to implement.
Slow? Way too big? Impossible for a large group of professional developers to implement even through i and SSBC developers could do that twice with 2nd time being better than 1st? GamesFAQ logic never fails to break my mind. I know we shouldn`t rub certain something in their faces if that happens, but after all of that, i think we are more than allowed to do that. They do that BEFORE Ridley`s status will be confirmed while we will do that AFTER that will happen and after they did that. So, it is fair.

Last edited:

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
Slow? Way too big? Impossible for a large group of professional developers to implement even through even i and SSBC developers could do that? GamesFAQ logic never fails to break my mind. I know we shouldn`t rub certain something in their faces if that happens, but after all of that, i think we are more than allowed to do that. They do that BEFORE Ridley`s status will be confirmed while we will do that AFTER that will happen and after they did that. So, it is fair.
We are more than allowed to rub it in their faces, no worries =P

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
Alright, so what if in August there's a trailer that goes a little something like this.

*Smash Logo*
You hear an alarm go off as you see someone run through a bunch of metal hallways in first person.
The camera switches into a room as a large dragon like figure comes up in the distance.
The things eyes glow yellow and it spreads its wings, it steps into the light and is revealed to be Ridley!!
We turn around and see the person whose eyes we had been seeing through previously, it's Samus.
She runs up and begins to fight Ridley.
Then a door bursts open and something blasts Ridley, draining his energy and turns him into stone. Samus looks over to the other creature in shock. We then learn the identity of the creature:
"Queen Metroid lays the smack down"
-Queen Metroid confirmed-

Last edited:

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
Alright, so what if in August there's a trailer that goes a little something like this.

*Smash Logo*
You hear an alarm go off as you see someone run through a bunch of metal hallways in first person.
The camera switches into a room as a large dragon like figure comes up in the distance.
The things eyes glow yellow and it spreads its wings, it steps into the light and is revealed to be Ridley!!
We turn around and see the person whose eyes we had been seeing through previously, it's Samus.
She runs up and begins to fight Ridley.
Then a door bursts open and something blasts Ridley, draining his energy and turns him into stone. Samus looks over to the other creature in shock. We then learn the identity of the creature:
Oh
my
god

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
We are more than allowed to rub it in their faces, no worries =P
Oh...then i will visit at least one pretty large forum and do that in its thread...

Why is there so many peoples that think that SSB4 developers are so incompetent they can`t do something so simple, like Ridley? Before Little Mac`s confirmation, i thought that his supporters where insane because WHAT could a fighter that uses ONLY punches, uppercuts and other things like that? I didn`t just went to their thread saying that of course. Then...i watched direct...and now i just don`t think he is the worst idea for a playable character - now i think he is just "meh". But this is obviously better than what i thought about him before. So, if they could impress someone like me with something that could have been done really wrong (like Ryu, but without kicks, Shoryukens, Hadoukens, etc), they can do something as simple as Ridley without making him boring unless they will decide to make him as bad as Falcondork...but that will still not be a bad thing for me because one of my mains is Falcondork and not Falcondorf.
  1. Metroids can`t drain life energy like that, only directly and with their mouth.
  2. Their victims doesn`t turns into a stone, they turn into a dried out husk that turns into dust if touched by anything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom