• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Also I've been saying too big as a supporter mockingly for so long I wanted to see how it felt to use it in an argument.

it felt real dumb
Hey! You still are not an detractor, so, move like them, talk like them, ignore like them AND THEN you will become one with the universe and you will finally reveal it`s secret...and you will be able to shoot laser beams out of your eyes...BUT if you will notice that you are eating your own brain through your nose, then...we will miss you...

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Hey! You still are not an detractor, so, move like them, talk like them, ignore like them...BUT if you will notice that you are eating your own brain through your nose, then...we will miss you...
I'm not sure how my nose would consume my brain, but I'll try to not let that happen :p

Well, keep in mind that you genuinely understand and don't mindlessly refute the arguments that debunk the size argument for the sake of hating Ridley for reals, so... technically, you're not even feeling the full extent of the dumb. :awesome:
And yet, it still feels so dirty, lol.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'm not sure how my nose would consume my brain, but I'll try to not let that happen :p
No. Your nose won`t consume your brain. You will just use it instead of mouth. And this is possible - i saw few victims of that process...you know them too...i believe the culprit behind that is teh "wateh"...but i am not sure...

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
you know, i just realized... i think it was one of the new users awhile back, but im not sure... they mentioned drinking "splooge" water or something.

i think they actually meant... you know... "splounge", or whatever the "water" is called.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
you know, i just realized... i think it was one of the new users awhile back, but im not sure... they mentioned drinking "splooge" water or something.

i think they actually meant... you know... "splounge", or whatever the "water" is called.
Then we should either call ambulance or promptly shoot them before the disease will spread...or they will start to use "too big" argument...

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Then we should either call ambulance or promptly shoot them before the disease will spread...or they will start to use "too big" argument...
i actually think they said they'd try avoiding the water... i just brought it up cause everyone else ignored it, and the person said "splooge".

i thought it was funny.

It's funny to me when people argue against a reveal. It's as if they don't want one, which baffles me.
there are just some lower life forms that view the idea of getting a badass, unique character added into a game that he deserves a spot in... as a bad thing... for some reason.

maybe ridley's presence threatens their weak and pathetic constitutions.

domokl

Smash Lord
watch the villians trailer come out of nowhere at comic con and ridley swoops in! ah how awesome that would that be.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
I Doubt we're getting a character reveal at Comic Con. Sakurai would've made a Miiverse post if that were the case.

NatP

Smash Ace
So at another Smash 4 discussion site I go to, I saw this really interesting quote from someone that's at comic-con at the moment playing the smash 4 demo:

"The treehouse guys and other reps are painfully aware of what Smash fans bicker about. They see all the Ridley hysteria though I've not been given any personal views on the subject."

I mean, while it's OBVIOUS they'd know about the Ridley hype (they're not blind after all), this still gives me hope in a weird way. Makes me feel like they also know about their massive tease, y'know? Or maybe this is just wishful thinking

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
So at another Smash 4 discussion site I go to, I saw this really interesting quote from someone that's at comic-con at the moment playing the smash 4 demo:

"The treehouse guys and other reps are painfully aware of what Smash fans bicker about. They see all the Ridley hysteria though I've not been given any personal views on the subject."

I mean, while it's OBVIOUS they'd know about the Ridley hype (they're not blind after all), this still gives me hope in a weird way. Makes me feel like they also know about their massive tease, y'know? Or maybe this is just wishful thinking
those smash fans at comic-con need to tackle those reps and tie them up, forcing them to spill the beans!

if those beans arent good... then they're gonna have one HELL of a mess to clean up!

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
watch the villians trailer come out of nowhere at comic con and ridley swoops in! ah how awesome that would that be.
To literally quote a post from the K. Rool thread (mostly because it was one of the best things to picture):
A cinematic of K. Rool riding into battle atop Ridley for a Villains trailer reveal and they are both announced...
And then turns out they're somehow in the game as a single tag-team character like Rosalina & Luma and the Ice Climbers.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So I made this comparison of characters on battlefield to figure out how far to scale Ridley.

I used Mario and Bowser as comparisons in relation to Ridley, then I threw in Paper Mario as the fourth player.

WiiU_SuperSmashBros_Stage11_Screen_01.jpg

What do you think? I tried to make the sizes as accurate as I could. Is this size for Ridley perfect? I like it.

Last edited:
To literally quote a post from the K. Rool thread (mostly because it was one of the best things to picture):

And then turns out they're somehow in the game as a single tag-team character like Rosalina & Luma and the Ice Climbers.
gonna need some fan art of that. Also of Ridley riding k rool because ridley doesn't take orders so easily.

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
gonna need some fan art of that. Also of Ridley riding k rool because ridley doesn't take orders so easily.
I think that's an even better thing to picture, Ridley hitching a piggyback ride on K. Rool.

D

Deleted member

That brings to mind, who wears the pants in K. Rool's and Ridley's relationship?

Ridley obviously would want to considering he doesn't like being told what to do.

But K. Rool has the girth advantage over Ridley.

What do you all think?

Given that @ AndreaAC AndreaAC 's drawing of Rooldley has Ridley's face/body, I would say that Ridley is thus the "girl" in the (because genetics and physical characteristic inheritance) relationship and that K. Rool wears the pants.

Ridley still defies him though, because she wants to be an Independent Space Dragon that ain't need no Man-Crocodile.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That brings to mind, who wears the pants in K. Rool's and Ridley's relationship?

Ridley obviously would want to considering he doesn't like being told what to do.

What do you all think?

Given that @ AndreaAC AndreaAC 's drawing of Rooldley has Ridley's face/body, I would say that Ridley is thus the "girl" in the (because genetics and physical characteristic inheritance) relationship and that K. Rool wears the pants.

Ridley still defies him though, because she wants to be an Independent Space Dragon that ain't need no Man-Crocodile.
And then, all of a sudden, this thread stumbled into Tumblr territory... How the hell did this topic come up?

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312

What do you all think?

Ridley wears the pants, definitely.

D

Deleted member

And then, all of a sudden, this thread stumbled into Tumblr territory... How the hell did this topic come up?
People started talking about K. Rool riding Ridley into battle in a reveal trailer, Ridley X K. Rool is one of the things I ship, so I decided to expand on it a little bit.

Sorry if it was too far/off-topic.

My mind goes off to weird places sometimes.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

What do you all think?

WHY YOU...! D:<

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
People started talking about K. Rool riding Ridley into battle in a reveal trailer, Ridley X K. Rool is one of the things I ship, so I decided to expand on it a little bit.

Sorry if it was too far/off-topic.

My mind goes off to weird places sometimes.
Haha, no worries. I thought it was a funny, quirky little question anyhow.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
So I made this comparison of characters on battlefield to figure out how far to scale Ridley.

I used Mario and Bowser as comparisons in relation to Ridley, then I threw in Paper Mario as the fourth player.

View attachment 19356

What do you think? I tried to make the sizes as accurate as I could. Is this size for Ridley perfect? I like it.
Seems like an appropriate height. Even though it's not the right model and looks scrawny, that's about how much space he should take up if he's playable.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
One thing before I watch that tourney, what would you guys (and girls) think if Ridley's final smash was similiar to Capt Falcon's in which it's a cutscene of him throwing the opponent down the Norion generator and then proceeds to fire lasers and fireballs for an added bonus of pain?

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
The WiiU version is there, I think it's the same build as E3's or is it newer...?

I don't see Pyrosphere there... hm...
Oh ****, you're right. I was trying to notice everything there was to see, and I happened to /not/ take note of no Pyrosphere. Huh...

One thing before I watch that tourney, what would you guys (and girls) think if Ridley's final smash was similiar to Capt Falcon's in which it's a cutscene of him throwing the opponent down the Norion generator and then proceeds to fire lasers and fireballs for an added bonus of pain?
That would be so awesome you have no idea.

Last edited:

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
The gameplay part of the stream just got BIGGER.
Ridley confirmed.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
@Winner159 I want every Final Smash to be controllable and fun. Controllable like Bowser's or Diddy Kong's, not Lucario's. That is my opinion, but I would be OK with whatever happens. So Final Smashes like Zelda's, Captain Falcon's, and the one you described, are OK to me, but not too fun.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
@Winner159 I want every Final Smash to be controllable and fun. Controllable like Bowser's or Diddy Kong's, not Lucario's. That is my opinion, but I would be OK with whatever happens. So Final Smashes like Zelda's, Captain Falcon's, and the one you described, are OK to me, but not too fun.
I agree but that was the only thing that made sense to me as nothing else Ridley does ever makes me think, wow that could be a good final smash (unless Meta or Omega Ridley isn't a costume if he's playable) And when you've seen EVERY version of Ridley, then you'd know that most of the stuff he does is just special attack material, not final smash

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
How could you forget about such a big event as posting size pictures~?

My entire downloads folder is just pictures friends have drawn, random anime gifs, a couple Ridley pictures from here, and just one distinct gif of Terumi stomping on Noel's head endlessly. I need to clear out... I still have the Ridley SPLAT (against camera) image that I think @ SchAlternate SchAlternate made, because he's awesome.
You better believe it!

D'aw, thank yoo. :3

I feel so dirty. I've been arguing as a Ridley detractor on the subreddit, and a bunch of supporters are giving me decent arguments, but I can tell none have read the second post here. Each bad point I make makes me feel a little more like the enemy.
Well, to beat the enemy, you must think like the enemy, you know.

"RIDLEY IS SO DMAN BIGG HE CANT' BE RESIZE CUZ HES MEANT TO B 2 BIGG

no i nevur playd metroid b4 BUT I NOW MOAR ABOUT IT THAN U DO"

How did I do?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Just got home from a week's vacation without internet (except on tuesday where I was able to connect) and I'm officially depressed since I found out Brawl in the Family is ending. Somebody please lighten me up with some good news.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
You better believe it!

D'aw, thank yoo. :3

Well, to beat the enemy, you must think like the enemy, you know.

"RIDLEY IS SO DMAN BIGG HE CANT' BE RESIZE CUZ HES MEANT TO B 2 BIGG

no i nevur playd metroid b4 BUT I NOW MOAR ABOUT IT THAN U DO"

How did I do?
I nearly vomited, good job

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

That actually worries me...

They phrased it "hysteria"....

Top Bottom