• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
So this points the question at you Cat-

oh. ok.
One step ahead of you. XD

I've found that most of my posts here have accidental size puns in them now. I think it's become a behavioral conditioning.
It's a subconscious thing, no doubt.

I guess the closer we get to the game the more people feel the urge to speculate, I guess. The other 4 may have joined in a similar domino effect.
Probably, yeah. Speculation is all we really have anymore, until we get more defined info which will be never

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Before I joined here we had just been speculating back and forth. By which I mean, I read various post from this and other threads and she agreed with me. So I'd be good to finally do some actual speculating.
Ahh, I get it now. I thought you had meant you saw someone else joining and decided why not, didn't infer you meant irl. I really like your avatar, btw. I have a friend who always uses custom made Kirby pics as his avi places, it reminds me of his.

One step ahead of you. XD
Hey, I have to tab out whenever my boss walks by. I gotta pretend to be productive in order to get paid xD

which will be never
Sure feels like it... *looks at my own account age* .....

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
I may not be on the side of Ridley, but most of the "Ridlay2big" arguments are complete horsepoop. What with Olimar being like a few centimeters and Bowser being ginormous in their respective games. There's really only one way that the argument could work, and even THEN I don't know if that will hold true for this game. I guess only time will tell.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I may not be on the side of Ridley, but most of the "Ridlay2big" arguments are complete horsepoop. What with Olimar being like a few centimeters and Bowser being ginormous in their respective games. There's really only one way that the argument could work, and even THEN I don't know if that will hold true for this game. I guess only time will tell.
How can you not be on the side of Ridley? He's so big, you're there no matter where you stand!

Also your username only makes me think about size puns too

xD

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
Ahh, I get it now. I thought you had meant you saw someone else joining and decided why not, didn't infer you meant irl.
Lol, no biggie. [DAMMIT I DID IT AGAIN]

Hey, I have to tab out whenever my boss walks by. I gotta pretend to be productive in order to get paid xD
Oh goodness. xDD I see. That and I type really freaking fast...But yet I'm prone to typos *cries*.

Sure feels like it... *looks at my own account age* .....
XD I know the feeling. It's been forever since we've gotten any sort of news, and almost a year of teasing and whatnot. It's almost tiring at this point. But we must prevail!

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
Yeah, I really don't get what the BIG deal is. *is shot*

I really like your avatar, btw. I have a friend who always uses custom made Kirby pics as his avi places, it reminds me of his.
Oh, thank you!

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
How can you not be on the side of Ridley? He's so big, you're there no matter where you stand!

Also your username only makes me think about size puns too

xD
Ok I will admit, that was pretty clever. Though I wouldn't make a big deal out of that pun.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Lol, no biggie. [DAMMIT I DID IT AGAIN]
It's become part of Ridley supporter genetics. Can't avoid it.

Oh goodness. xDD I see. That and I type really freaking fast...But and yet I'm prone to typos *cries*.
Well, I'm programming a web interface and responding to 3 or 4 threads here at the same time. I hope that's a testament to my typing speed xD.

XD I know the feeling. It's been forever since we've gotten any sort of news, and almost a year of teasing and whatnot. It's almost tiring at this point. But we must prevail!
I'm in it for the long haul. Even if that means Smash 5.

On one side, I'm happy that we're finally getting news. On the other side, Sakurai's hype machine has a vice-grip on my balls... I can't help but check every PotD as soon as I wake up, and cry over each trailer from adrenaline, lol.

Ok I will admit, that was pretty clever. Though I wouldn't make a big deal out of that pun.
I would say a fair percentage of my posts in this thread have been solely devoted to size puns haha

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
On one side, I'm happy that we're finally getting news. On the other side, Sakurai's hype machine has a vice-grip on my balls... I can't help but check every PotD as soon as I wake up, and cry over each trailer from adrenaline, lol.
On the bright side, at least you can check it as soon as you wake up. I generally have to wait 2-3 hours before the new PotD is posted after I wake up.

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
Well, I'm programming a web interface and responding to 3 or 4 threads here at the same time. I hope that's a testament to my typing speed xD.
Holy cow. I'm even having trouble keeping up with two threads, let alone all that. [albeit I'm paying more attention to this one because Ridley]

I'm in it for the long haul. Even if that means Smash 5.
Oh you bet. I'll be right back here once again, speculating all there is to be speculated and then be disappointed once again when Waluigi is yet again confirmed as an Assist Trophy :'c

If the amount of hype could possibly be contained, I don't think we'd even find a container big enough to fit it.

I always flip out with excitement at the trailers, and the last time I was this hyped for a game was probably when Pokémon X/Y came out. But even then, Smash isn't an annual thing, so my hype is double or even triple what it was for Pokémon.

Also checking out every bit of info I can get, especially through just simply browsing through SSB wiki is pretty much proof that Smash has taken over my life as of now.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
On the bright side, at least you can check it as soon as you wake up. I generally have to wait 2-3 hours before the new PotD is posted after I wake up.
I keep forgetting there are different timezones and for a second I was like damn why do you wake up at like 3am. I'm assuming you live in Europe.

I have to wake up at 5:30am to get to my internship on time (yay public transport), and it's always up by then. My phone is my alarm, so literally the first thing I do when I wake up every morning is turn off my alarm, then hit my PotD app and see the news.

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
Also checking out every bit of info I can get, especially through just simply browsing through SSB wiki is pretty much proof that Smash has taken over my life as of now.
You mean there's more to life than just Smash Bros. and waiting for Ridley's reveal?

I keep forgetting there are different timezones and for a second I was like damn why do you wake up at like 3am. I'm assuming you live in Europe.
Yeah, I do. If anything I tend to stay up until 3am (for me) because of timezone differences.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
If the amount of hype could possibly be contained, I don't think we'd even find a container big enough to fit it.

I always flip out with excitement at the trailers, and the last time I was this hyped for a game was probably when Pokémon X/Y came out. But even then, Smash isn't an annual thing, so my hype is double or even triple what it was for Pokémon.

Mmhmm sounds like the average situation over here haha

Smash is one of my favorite series ever, and having it handheld is like a dream come true, and I've been addicted to roster speculation since the last one 6 years ago. Needless to say, this is a big thing for me xD.

You mean there's more to life than just Smash Bros. and waiting for Ridley's reveal?
No. Ridley is life, Ridley is love. You shall carry no other god but Ridley, because they wouldn't fit.

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
Yeah, I do. If anything I tend to stay up until 3am (for me) because of timezone differences.
//whisper oops lol that might also be my doing

Nah, that's just lies and propaganda.

No. Ridley is life, Ridley is love. You shall carry no other god but Ridley, because they wouldn't fit.
I need to put this quote on my wall I love this so much oh god my lols

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I need to put this quote on my wall I love this so much oh god my lols
heh. I'm here all week. and next week. and the next... I want to get off Mr. Sakurai's wild ride.

Have you seen the cover picture on my profile page? It's basically a summary of the posts I'll make here.

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Good to see people joining to speculate now that there's nothing that hasn't been already speculated. :awesome:

In all seriousness, welcome~

Oh, and Kay Kay returned, having taken nothing we said last time to heart. Surprise me some more! We'll know when the game comes out, yo.

Sometimes I look into the sky and see Ridley on the surface of the moon and I cry sad, yet happy tears.

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
heh. I'm here all week. and next week. and the next... I want to get off Mr. Sakurai's wild ride.

Have you seen the cover picture on my profile page? It's basically a summary of the posts I'll make here.
THAT PICTURE THO

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Sometimes I look into the sky and see Ridley on the surface of the moon and I cry sad, yet happy tears.
Sometiiiiimes I woooonder do we both look up to the saaaame skyyyyy

THAT PICTURE THO
I've got an entire folder of them on my home computer. After all, people have been making them for at least 8 years, xD.

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
I'll try to remember to post some when I get home. But it's a Friday, and I tend not to remember things on Friday evenings... for reasons.
Lol, no worries. I can always remind you if I myself don't forget [because I have the memory of a goldfish].

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Was there any "too big" comments?

@ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , in DoA, Roidley had his duck beak instead of normal one:
It looked different for some reason when I saw it, huh, maybe I should reconsider getting glasses...

After seeing the Wario leak, it was obvious he was in because the ATs from his series have the W sign. Also, I realised something! 6 August is on Wednesday, most Nintendo Directs are on Wednesday... or 27 August, that works aswell

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
right now im speculating whether i will die of exhaustion before ridley is revealed...

...either that, or rapid aging.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
It looked different for some reason when I saw it, huh, maybe I should reconsider getting glasses...

After seeing the Wario leak, it was obvious he was in because the ATs from his series have the W sign. Also, I realised something! 6 August is on Wednesday, most Nintendo Directs are on Wednesday... or 27 August, that works aswell
Knowing our luck, if it is one of those two, we'll have to wait for the later one, lol

this does tend to be a problem with clones.

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I would laugh my ass off if Ridley gets revealed and (a la Sonic) he just SUUUUUCKS. Like, he just blows as a character.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
How could you forget about such a big event as posting size pictures~?

My entire downloads folder is just pictures friends have drawn, random anime gifs, a couple Ridley pictures from here, and just one distinct gif of Terumi stomping on Noel's head endlessly. I need to clear out... I still have the Ridley SPLAT (against camera) image that I think @SchAlternate made, because he's awesome.

right now im speculating whether i will die of exhaustion before ridley is revealed...

You're in the Ridley thread. Even if you die, we'll just rebuild you, but better! :awesome:

I would laugh my *** off if Ridley gets revealed and (a la Sonic) he just SUUUUUCKS. Like, he just blows as a character.
I'd laugh but still be happy, man. He'd still be there. I'd also laugh if he was revealed and was essentially to SSB4 what Meta Knight was to SSBB. We'd be going Kokonoe level up in this.

Last edited:

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
I'll try to remember to post some when I get home. But it's a Friday, and I tend not to remember things on Friday evenings... for reasons.
This is one that I made at some point. Really hope someone hasn't made this joke before.

I guess he really is too big.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
This is one that I made at some point. Really hope someone hasn't made this joke before.
This thread has over 1000 pages. Someone's made probably any reference we could come up with. People have definitely compared big the cat to Ridley, albeit not often. I haven't seen that specific picture though, and it's pretty good xD

How could you forget about such a big event as posting size pictures~?
Certain abusive substances just have side effects of memory loss when taken in large quantities. Not that I do that...

Last edited:

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
This thread has over 1000 pages. Someone's made probably any reference we could come up with. People have definitely compared big the cat to Ridley, albeit not often. I haven't seen that specific picture though, and it's pretty good xD
Yeah I figured as much. The reason you haven't seen it before is because I just made it.

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
Yeah I figured as much. The reason you haven't seen it before is because I just made it.
Ahh, that's why you went silent for a while.

And now I myself will go silent because I'm being dragged away from the computer for a bit. I'll try to read what I miss, though.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
OC. noice.

There are actually quite a few (ridiculously good) artists on this thread, if you've stalked it before. You can be sure you'll see some crazy good art from the likes of someone like AndreaAC or SchAlternate or others sometime.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
In regards to Ridley, has anybody thought of his potential final smash being a surge of X-Parasites causing a metamorphosis to Ridley-X for a small amount of time? Doesn't make the most sense to be temporary, but it looks neat in my head.
Well...this idea wasn`t discussed here...as far as i know...but this won`t work very well as an final smash. Ridley-X is just a bigger and creepier/scarier/more intimidating/whatever Ridley with different color. It won`t change too much and where did those parasites come from? From the same place where Optimus Prime`s trailer goes to when OP transforms?

2 months left...+1 extra month for unlocking the big guy or getting Falcon Punched and Knee of Justcised by Sakurai and this illogical decision...i can`t wait anymore! I must find the computer room and find that d*mn 4th Chaos Emerald guy before he will do something that will cost sanity for me...or at least my new shoes...

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
OC. noice.

There are actually quite a few (ridiculously good) artists on this thread, if you've stalked it before. You can be sure you'll see some crazy good art from the likes of someone like AndreaAC or SchAlternate or others sometime.
Yeah, I've seen some of the things they posted. My image is nothing compared to that.

Dang, now I feel like making a proper Ridley related picture. I think I know what I'll be spending the rest of my day on.

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
this does tend to be a problem with clones.
or excessively stressed people.

I would laugh my *** off if Ridley gets revealed and (a la Sonic) he just SUUUUUCKS. Like, he just blows as a character.
sonic sucks?

news to me, i always did very well with him.

personally, sonic was really fun to play as... unless you're talking in competitive terms, which i dont bother with, cause i prefer having fun.

even if ridley isnt "god tier" or whatever competitive people say nowadays... he'll still be really damn fun to play as, im sure.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Well...this idea wasn`t discussed here...as far as i know...but this won`t work very well as an final smash. Ridley-X is just a bigger and creepier/scarier/more intimidating/whatever Ridley with different color. It won`t change too much and where did those parasites come from? From the same place where Optimus Prime`s trailer goes to when OP transforms?
From the same place Charizard's Mega Stone comes from, as well as the Mega Ring that activates it. Also where the Chaos Emeralds come from! And Chrom. Never forget Chrom.

I think my main point against Ridley-X is that it'd just be another "stronger form" final smash. There's like six of those already. We need firepower! I honestly think "form change" would be boring. Space Pirate Raid sounds okay. Kinetic Breath Launcher would be awesome. Ensnare someone with your tail, throw them upwards, Kinetic Breath Launcher fires plasma beam right at them, hitting anyone else in the beam and then launches your trapped opponent after raising their damage percentage significantly. If you run into Ridley or attack, you'll get caught and hit, sorta like the way Link works during Triforce Slash.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I feel so dirty. I've been arguing as a Ridley detractor on the subreddit, and a bunch of supporters are giving me decent arguments, but I can tell none have read the second post here. Each bad point I make makes me feel a little more like the enemy.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I feel so dirty. I've been arguing as a Ridley detractor on the subreddit, and a bunch of supporters are giving me decent arguments, but I can tell none have read the second post here. Each bad point I make makes me feel a little more like the enemy.
Don't turn on us, man. All the same, if you're gonna reveal yourself as a supporter in the end, you may as well link 'em the second post then, right?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Don't turn on us, man. All the same, if you're gonna reveal yourself as a supporter in the end, you may as well link 'em the second post then, right?
No, the point is to be a detractor with bad arguments so that the supporters come out and show everyone the good arguments for Ridley.

Also I've been saying too big as a supporter mockingly for so long I wanted to see how it felt to use it in an argument.

it felt real dumb

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
No, the point is to be a detractor with bad arguments so that the supporters come out and show everyone the good arguments for Ridley.

Also I've been saying too big as a supporter mockingly for so long I wanted to see how it felt to use it in an argument.

it felt real dumb
I know, I know. I meant after they've showed everyone, and all. Unless you're not going to, in which case, I get it. I was going off the assumption that after you were done, you'd just reveal yourself and everything. Eh, either way, it's hard to not find your way to this thread if you're a Ridley supporter. Merely googling "Ridley SSB4" brings you right here.

Well, keep in mind that you genuinely understand and don't mindlessly refute the arguments that debunk the size argument for the sake of hating Ridley for reals, so... technically, you're not even feeling the full extent of the dumb. :awesome:

Last edited:
Top Bottom