• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
So there are 2 leaks I want to ask you guys about.
The first one is on the SSB4 dojo. It is called the "Pipe burst leak". I can't post the link because of the 10 post limit thing, but you should be able to find it.
The other one was by some guy called Garfield or something and he called Lucina.

What they have in common is in that they leaked a gamemode where you can play as the bosses on their respectable stages. This is frightening me, mostly because your guys' research could very well just be that. Sakurai could be building "hype" for that part of the game maybe not knowing we wanted him as an actual playable character. It also matches clearly with his "Other boss character appearances" thing.

Can someone please disprove this for me? There is no way these leaks are real...(At least I hope so).

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
:) Yup I already saw it....you were the one that told me to calm down...remember? (I was too happy I couldn't even sleep...) It got me new Ideas of the Ridley and Assassin Ray thing...but I need to put it on paper, now I just have it in my head....
View attachment 18467
Personally...I wish they had used an HD version of the R3 model....the Legends one looks good....but, like someone said....it looks like if Rayman was drunk.....
Actually, I was talking about.......(brace yourself)

https://www.facebook.com/rayman/photos/a.147085182159900.1073741828.131255823742836/263553863846364/?type=1

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The king kihunter trophy hint really is indeed a ridley hint

Look

Little birdie is ridley

He screamed to wake of the kihunters including the king

After to fight he was enjoying the honey.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The first one is on the SSB4 dojo. It is called the "Pipe burst leak". I can't post the link because of the 10 post limit thing, but you should be able to find it.
The other one was by some guy called Garfield or something and he called Lucina.

What they have in common is in that they leaked a gamemode where you can play as the bosses on their respectable stages. This is frightening me, mostly because your guys' research could very well just be that. Sakurai could be building "hype" for that part of the game maybe not knowing we wanted him as an actual playable character. It also matches clearly with his "Other boss character appearances" thing.

Can someone please disprove this for me? There is no way these leaks are real...(At least I hope so).
These leaks and the whole "Playable Boss" idea has already been discussed, yes. We have concluded that the Playable Boss idea is not going to occur because that would more than likely (I haven't read the leaks in a bit, so they may have actually said this) involve a "gimmicky" use of the Wii U Gamepad, something that Sakurai has stated that he is going to avoid. Thus we have concluded that these leaks are false in their information.

Malle

Smash Apprentice

I can recall someone saying that Sakurai stated that Smash Bros wont use the Gamepad Gimmick, meaning you cant control a boss. So no.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
http://ssb4dojo.com/post/91850434726/rumor-mill-pipe-burst-roster just thought i would share this with you guys. i believe this is fake because there isnt mii fighter on that roster, not to mention the leaker has that "playable bosses" thing for the game pad...honestly these rumors are just annoying when they mention it..but what do you guys think?
Edit: apparently Mii fighter and random are at the top banner it says
I'm calling fakes right now.

Yes. I do. Because I think it is likely for Sakurai to add a third Kid Icarus character with all of the attention it has gotten, and Medusa is the main villain of some 45% of the entire Kid Icarus series. Which is a larger slice of the series than any other villain has. It's like saying Mother Brain is the main villain of Metroid as a series, even though she has only appeared in two games in which she overshadowed Ridley despite Ridley actually being in most of the series as a major antagonist to Samus.
I'm sorry I don't see Medusa happening. Nor do I see Hades or any of the other Uprising bosses happening. I can see them being AT's and Boss Hazards, yes, but not playable. If it happens as an Air Battle, I don't see it happening.
Medusa dies twice in that game. Once to Pit, once to Hades.

Personally (and you can call me stupid for this), I honestly see the Divine Fighter (from Multiplayer) as the most likely candidate for multiple reasons:
1] Pit's Size
2] A full color set is already given by the game
3] Perfect represantation of what Uprising adds
4] Potential to use all items and equips (cont. of no. 3)
5] Most people spent a lot more time using playing as Divine Fighter than Pit after they played the story once.

EDIT: For those of you who scare me haven't played Uprising yet, this is the Divine Fighter:

Last edited:

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Sorry, didn't get see the other posts discussing the leaks earlier, but it looks like you guys should be right. However, the only thing that can make it still true is if Sakurai just went back on his word or flat out lied. Which is pretty doubtful since I don't think he'd lie about that.

Megazero64

Smash Apprentice

I'm sorry I don't see Medusa happening. Nor do I see Hades or any of the other Uprising bosses happening. I can see them being AT's and Boss Hazards, yes, but not playable. If it happens as an Air Battle, I don't see it happening.

Personally (and you can call me stupid for this), I honestly see the Divine Fighter (from Multiplayer) as the most likely candidate for multiple reasons:
1] Pit's Size
5] Most people spent a lot more time using playing as Divine Fighter than Pit after they played the story once.

EDIT: For those of you who scare me haven't played Uprising yet, this is the Divine Fighter:
could be a cool alt.

majora_787

Smash Hero

1] Pit's Size

Bringing up size as a deciding factor in the Ridley thread? How dare you.

But seriously. If you want to bring up biased facts about Uprising into this conversation...

Medusa is the main villain for the first third of the game before she dies the first time, and punches Hades' head off before she dies the second.

And really, just like with Ridley and K. Rool, I'm sure people would rather see major characters who represent the series and not just random select games. Sure there are some exceptions like Fire Emblem which has comprehensive continuity or Mario which is a ridiculously massive franchise. But it's like adding Anythony over Ridley because Anthony was in the newest Metroid game and unlike Ridley he survived it. It really isn't a great reason when as an alternative we could have a prominent franchise character instead.

Sakurai may be biased enough to his own work to make three Kid Icarus characters, but the series is definitely not big enough yet to merit minor one-game representation like Mario or Zelda are.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Is it just me or.....they fixed the drunken looking model from Legends? o___o Well, it was either Ubisoft or Nintendo who apparently fixed it.....still. I would have liked the model from R3....
533433_278623452219231_1197697097_n.jpg

Bettilla: "See? you look adorable all cheerful and happy!"

Rayman: "I do NOT....I'm not even in the mood to smile."

Betilla: "Oh, Ray, put these cheeks of yours up a bit! let me help!"

Rayman: "...GET...OFF!..."

BACK TO RIDLEY. I WILL NEED MORE TIME TO DRAW MORE OF HIM TODAY.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Is it just me or.....they fixed the drunken looking model from Legends? o___o Well, it was neither Ubisoft or Nintendo who aparently fixed it.....still. I would have like the model from R3....
View attachment 18470

What do you mean? I'm 90% sure that this came from the OFFICIAL Ubisoft Rayman page.

This is in game. I got it from this.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69657472

D

Deleted member

Is it just me or.....they fixed the drunken looking model from Legends? o___o Well, it was either Ubisoft or Nintendo who apparently fixed it.....still. I would have like the model from R3....
View attachment 18470

And in comes Ridley to kill Bettilla for flirting with Ray Man. :awesome:

OR Ridley just kills leaves Ray Man for Bettilla.

Both are good choices.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Obviously Ridley needs to have a Rayman palette swap. If Globox can do it, why not? He's ALSO too big. :troll:

Infinite Lumen

Smash Rookie
Considering that Tiki could've hinted at Lucina due to her connecting both Lucina and Robin by commenting on their similarity to the Hero King, and Pseudo Palutena being an ugly clone of Palutena, it seems obvious that the 'Trophy Theory' means that the newcomer must tie in with that character. As mentioned, the douchebag Roidley in his baby form just screeches, awakens some enemies that try to kill you, and then gets the delicious food at the end. Wonder who'll Fi tie in with?

Also, since they're making it clear that they're using tweaked Other M designs, I think it will be Roidley appearing to represent Sir. Riddu-Sama. It helps that Roidley is one of the smaller Ridley incarnations.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Considering that Tiki could've hinted at Lucina due to her connecting both Lucina and Robin by commenting on their similarity to the Hero King, and Pseudo Palutena being an ugly clone of Palutena, it seems obvious that the 'Trophy Theory' means that the newcomer must tie in with that character. As mentioned, the douchebag Roidley in his baby form just screeches, awakens some enemies that try to kill you, and then gets the delicious food at the end. Wonder who'll Fi tie in with?

Also, since they're making it clear that they're using tweaked Other M designs, I think it will be Roidley appearing to represent Sir. Riddu-Sama. It helps that Roidley is one of the smaller Ridley incarnations.
ACTUALLY!

Tiki only has support conversations with three characters in Awakening. Lucina, Robin, and Say'ri. :troll: So there you go, Tiki really MAY have been a hint at Lucina and Robin both.

Pseudo-Palutena hinting at Palutena and King Kihunter being eaten by Ridley and hinting at Ridley both also make a level of sense.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
ACTUALLY!

Tiki only has support conversations with three characters in Awakening. Lucina, Robin, and Say'ri. :troll: So there you go, Tiki really MAY have been a hint at Lucina and Robin both.

Pseudo-Palutena hinting at Palutena and King Kihunter being eaten by Ridley and hinting at Ridley both also make a level of sense.
Say'ri confirmed

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think if the trophy theory is true, its more then just hinting at a single newcomer. imo, it instead hints at a newcomer and a pseudo newcomer or semi veteran, which ever suits you more.

Tiki - Newcomer Robin, Clone Lucina
Fi - Newcomer Ghirahim, solo Sheik (Who is a sheikah like Impa who is who guards Zelda and a spoiler)
Pseudo Palutena - Newcomer Palutena, clone Dark Pit
King Kihunter - Newcomer Ridley, solo Zero Suit Samus

And to further support this, the characters revealed in the direct were

Newcomer Greninja, solo Charizard.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Bringing up size as a deciding factor in the Ridley thread? How dare you.

But seriously. If you want to bring up biased facts about Uprising into this conversation...

Medusa is the main villain for the first third of the game before she dies the first time, and punches Hades' head off before she dies the second.

And really, just like with Ridley and K. Rool, I'm sure people would rather see major characters who represent the series and not just random select games. Sure there are some exceptions like Fire Emblem which has comprehensive continuity or Mario which is a ridiculously massive franchise. But it's like adding Anythony over Ridley because Anthony was in the newest Metroid game and unlike Ridley he survived it. It really isn't a great reason when as an alternative we could have a prominent franchise character instead.

Sakurai may be biased enough to his own work to make three Kid Icarus characters, but the series is definitely not big enough yet to merit minor one-game representation like Mario or Zelda are.
Size part was a joke... not a very good one apparently...

For the rest you, you got me there. Death never held any characters back, look at everyone who's gotten in to Smash so far. And about prominent characters, there's the thing, I don't see Medusa as as prominent as Pit or Palutena. (Divine Fighter's prominence depends on how much you played the amazing multiplayer). Sure she's been in almost all Icarus games, but how much of an impact did she leave on the series as a whole? It's really degrading her character to see that you had been chasing her down the entire time, just to realize that the entire time she was being controlled by Hades. It makes you think if you put all three games right after the other.

I hope you know I'm not hating on Medusa or you when I'm writing these, I'm just trying to explain why I don't think Medusa is a good choice. As for Kirby, King Dedede was planned since Smash 64, and Meta Knight has an extreme impact on the story of Kirby (even getting his own substory in K:SSU).

One more thing:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Apparently the new "Better" Rayman Trophy Model is 3DS Exclusive, while Drunk Rayman is on the Wii U.
How that even happens is beyond me.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
If you want to discuss leaks, discuss happy leaks, such as ones that have Ridley as a normal playable character.

Oh Foul Mouth, how I sant you to be real so bad, the irony of your existence is great.

Infinite Lumen

Smash Rookie
ITiki - Newcomer Robin, Better Than Marth Clone Lucina
Fi - Newcomer Ghirahim, solo Sheik (Who is a sheikah like Impa who is who guards Zelda and a spoiler)
:p

This makes a lot of sense, actually. We know how um.... lovely Sakurai is with his mind games. *cough*zero suit samus troll*cough* *cough*monolith soft retweet*cough*

I wonder how likely it is on a rate of 9 to 10 that if Lord Ridley does appear, his neutral special will be Plasma or Fire related?

*cough*oh dear lord get me a coughdrop*cough*

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I wonder how likely it is on a rate of 9 to 10 that if Lord Ridley does appear, his neutral special will be Plasma or Fire related?
11/10.
Apparently the new "Better" Rayman Trophy Model is 3DS Exclusive, while Drunk Rayman is on the Wii U.
How that even happens is beyond me.
Nope, 3DS version has better Rayman getting beaten up by drunk Rayman with a broken bottle in his hand because such kind of humour is funny...
imsosorry...

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
ACTUALLY!

Tiki only has support conversations with three characters in Awakening. Lucina, Robin, Say'ri, ANNA, MORGAN, AND NAH. So there you go, Tiki really MAY have been a hint at Lucina and Robin both.

Edit.

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
:p

This makes a lot of sense, actually. We know how um.... lovely Sakurai is with his mind games. *cough*zero suit samus troll*cough* *cough*monolith soft retweet*cough*

*cough*oh dear lord get me a coughdrop*cough*
I think they will be both, On the ground Plasma related, since in Metroid prime 1 + 3 he is mostly on the ground, but in the air he uses fireballs, like how he does in Super Metroid I believe

D

Deleted member

Btw, it seems Robin has some kind of Aerial Smashes, remember when it was "impossible to happen" :p

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Hey so I visited Gamefaq's for the first time and actually had a look around and stuff!

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Why are we talking about freaking Rayman? Anyway, like I said before, If Ridley were to be a playable boss he wouldn't be so small, he would be of the same of his brawl appeareance, anyway, I found this video that seems to have a small Ridley, Do you guys think the size is okay or maybe my eyes were tricking me?
If you don't want to hear the complete song, then Ridley appears at 2:10

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I think if the trophy theory is true, its more then just hinting at a single newcomer. imo, it instead hints at a newcomer and a pseudo newcomer or semi veteran, which ever suits you more.

Tiki - Newcomer Robin, Clone Lucina

And to further support this, the characters revealed in the direct were

Newcomer Greninja, solo Charizard.
All of your reasoning make sense, except that I personally have 2 problems with it.

The first is Dark Pit. There is nothing different about Dark Pit aside from his attitude and voice. He has the same abilities and everything. Literally, in Kid Icarus: Uprising he is created directly from Pit via a magical mirror.

The second is with Ghirahim. Wasn't he just a one time villain (Hyrule Warriors doesn't count)? Wouldn't it be more sensible to add in a villain that has been in multiple games, such as Vaati (three games)? He'd represent a rival for Toon Link quite well, as Link has Ganondorf.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
All of your reasoning make sense, except that I personally have 2 problems with it.

The first is Dark Pit. There is nothing different about Dark Pit aside from his attitude and voice. He has the same abilities and everything. Literally, in Kid Icarus: Uprising he is created directly from Pit via a magical mirror.

The second is with Ghirahim. Wasn't he just a one time villain (Hyrule Warriors doesn't count)? Wouldn't it be more sensible to add in a villain that has been in multiple games, such as Vaati (three games)? He'd represent a rival for Toon Link quite well, as Link has Ganondorf.
Ghirahim could appear in a future game, the reason we haven't seen him yet is because the only new game since skyward sword is a link between worlds, and it wouldn't have made sense to add him there

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

Skyward Sword has enough representation anyhow. Besides, Skyloft is a terrible home stage for Ghirahim.
Speaking of which, we have 2 Zelda stages on 3DS, yet only one on Wii U. Hm.

Top Bottom