• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Don't go believing those ******** playable boss leaks, guys. Gematsu was the old fad. It died, so the lazy leakers needed a new train to jump on. It's the playable boss train. It's a lie.
Yeah. I hope they are not addicted to leaks like Mario is to mushrooms. Previous leak was recently destroyed (but there is still those who continue to eat that rotten corpse) and when new leak with at least something confirmed will appear, everyone will jump on it again and continue to tell us that we are delusional and should stop hoping for something that is not included in the leak.
So, the cake is a lie too or it isn't?

Last edited:

Kamiko

Smash Ace
You mean like a black Samus and an orange Dark Samus?

Also wouldn't they be hard to tell apart while standing because this exists?:

Hint: the "chestplates" look similar (source material).
I was actually refering to say, a green Link and a red Link, who both happen to be metal. That would be a bigger problem than Samus and Dark Samus in the same situation.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Id bet on Dark Samus over Mother brain any day, beside his true name is in the title so he has plot armor :troll:

Not to mention he has this theme which I'am currently listening too right now.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Id bet on Dark Samus over Mother brain any day, beside his true name is in the title so he has plot armor :troll:

ITS true name ITS!..right? Shouldn`t its species be genderless? After Prime 2 it became pure Phazon anyway, so, it shouldn`t have gender...

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
I would also add the fact that Nintendo gave a message to IGN that stated Chrom wasn't playable to clear up confusion. Lucina also got three pictures in her Miiverse debut the day after the trailer with Sakurai going into exact detail about what her position was since many thought she was an alt, again quickly clearing up confusion. Ever since Pyrosphere was first shown, everyone was, and still is, at odds as to just what Ridley's role will be. And what has Sakurai done concerning the matter? Fan the speculation flames.
This should definitely be added to the big picture of evidence as to why Ridley is playable. I think if more people knew about this it would convince them that Ridley is playable. This is one of the best pieces of evidence we got

Megazero64

Smash Apprentice

Sounds cool maybe the song can be in the game. but I would like this more:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yeah. I hope they are not addicted to leaks like Mario is to mushrooms. Previous leak was recently destroyed (but there is still those who continue to eat that rotten corpse) and when new leak with at least something confirmed will appear, everyone will jump on it again and continue to tell us that we are delusional and should stop hoping for something that is not included in the leak.
So, the cake is a lie too or it isn't?
Well I had my cake and then I ate it. Ridley?

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
ITS true name ITS!..right? Shouldn`t its species be genderless? After Prime 2 it became pure Phazon anyway, so, it shouldn`t have gender...
Throughout the series don't they call it her and a he? I know its an IT, I just like calling it a guy.

And @ Megazero64 Megazero64 Rundas is great too, I hope they put both, although Dark Samus would have his corruption theme.

Megazero64

Smash Apprentice
Double Posting Warning
Zero "Light" Suit Samus confirmed.
Heh that's not a bad Idea

Throughout the series don't they call it her and a he? I know its an IT, I just like calling it a guy.

And @ Megazero64 Megazero64 Rundas is great too, I hope they put both, although Dark Samus would have his corruption theme.
Yea hope both get in too.

Btw guys, a few weeks ago I went to gamestop to trade in games and I found a copy of Metroid prime trilogy for reasonable price but I ultimately pre-ordered Smash 4. was it a good idea to do this or not?
EDIT: actually now that I think about It, it was a good idea cuz now I don't have to worry about it selling out on release. only thing I do have to worry about is school cuz if I screw up, I don't think ill be getting smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Btw guys, a few weeks ago I went to gamestop to trade in games and I found a copy of Metroid prime trilogy for reasonable price but I ultimately pre-ordered Smash 4. was it a good idea to do this or not?
I mean you can emulate anything Wii on a semi decent computer nowadays. Pretty easy to jerry-rig a wiimote-computer setup too, just google it. then all the games are easy to find and free. I say you did right.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Alright I'm gonna officially start tonight on this as I should have time. Any standout posts in the past 10 pages?

Also didn't get enough submissions for an art section, and still don't have any banners. Really need the banners!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
ok sorry I still haven't fully grasped the way forums work, my bad
It's cool, we're just trying to watch out for you, mods really dislike the double posting. Editing is pretty simple though, shouldn't take you long to figure out.

for some reason that color of samus reminds me of this:
Please no bringa the spiderman

I can't talka the spiderman

Last edited:

Megazero64

Smash Apprentice
It's cool, we're just trying to watch out for you, mods really dislike the double posting. Editing is pretty simple though, shouldn't take you long to figure out.

Please no bringa the spiderman

I can't talka the spiderman
ok thanks and was wong wif spodermen, spodermen kool right?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Ever had an argument with someone who persist on saying Ridley is freaking gigantic, even though you showed him a picture that compares him, Samus, and every other boss in Super Metroid, gets bat**** insane after a couple of replies, and on top of that, he has never played a Metroid game before?

Yeah, it's daunting.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Alright I'm gonna officially start tonight on this as I should have time. Any standout posts in the past 10 pages?

Also didn't get enough submissions for an art section, and still don't have any banners. Really need the banners!
Is that what you wanted:

Or not? If yes, then just import the background you need and text. Also, replace those lines if you want. I can edit them or completly remake them if required.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Ever had an argument with someone who persist on saying Ridley is freaking gigantic, even though you showed him a picture that compares him, Samus, and every other boss in Super Metroid, gets bat**** insane after a couple of replies, and on top of that, he has never played a Metroid game before?

Yeah, it's daunting.
First off, just noticed the falcon on the helmet also has a top hat. Noice.

Second, Ridley's a huge dude, I admit, but anyone sane would realize after seeing the likes of Kraid and Mother Brain that Riddles isn't exactly Godzilla large.

Funnily enough, all the people I've ever had grating blows over Ridley's size have been Metroid fans, while a couple of my friends who have barely played the series were swayed easily by a picture of NES Ridley.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with my part of the world when the non-fans are bigger supporters than "true" fans?

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

Yeah I saw one, but it's up to you if you think it's good. Let me quickly grab the link:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...splounge-water.324284/page-1176#post-17087601

I did a rant earlier, but I doubt that's anything worthy. You can check it out if you want :)

Last edited:

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
11 posts. 10 before that one. I've never seen him before. He could be a detractor in disguise. But he could be a supporter and nobody knew he existed. I still don't know for sure. In fact, I'm only just actually reading the post and realizing I said him instead of her. Was that even there the first time I read the post? This thread moves too fast to know for sure.
I don't post all that often, but when I do, my posts are usually BIG. Bonus points, maybe? You know, for being true to Ridley?
If it helps I joined a while ago specifically to be a part of the Ridley club. Although I suppose that makes me seem more like a spy. I guess I'm okay with this. At worst I'm undercover. At best I'm a fellow pirate. The morality lines are getting blurry. XD

But someone halp! I'm having trouble thinking of what to draw. What should I do to support Ridley? Just... a faceshot? Teefies? (Inevitably this is going to lead to shipping, isn't it...)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Be ready guys, soon Ridley will be right under Samus in the pic.
No. It will cover THE ENTIRE IMAGE. Or should i say his EYE will cover the ENTIRE IMAGE?
But someone halp! I'm having trouble thinking of what to draw. What should I do to support Ridley? Just... a faceshot? Teefies? (Inevitably this is going to lead to shipping, isn't it...)
Faceshot or Ridley with a nice top hat and moustache.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Another supporter here. I'm hoping the trailer that reveals him is a BIG Bang.

Malle

Smash Apprentice
I would also add the fact that Nintendo gave a message to IGN that stated Chrom wasn't playable to clear up confusion. Lucina also got three pictures in her Miiverse debut the day after the trailer with Sakurai going into exact detail about what her position was since many thought she was an alt, again quickly clearing up confusion. Ever since Pyrosphere was first shown, everyone was, and still is, at odds as to just what Ridley's role will be. And what has Sakurai done concerning the matter? Fan the speculation flames.
If you'd provide me with a source I'll add it :)

TheSoraKid

Banned via Warnings

Yeah, it's daunting.

Oh my, so much negativity for the character...

Yeah, just don't waste your time with them.

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
We had a post already that linked every time a character has had confusion around it cleared up by Zem-raj.

And, can anyone who was fighting for Ridley pre-Brawl tell me whether Ridley had this much evidence in his favour before then? It was Brawl that got me into Metroid through learning about Ridley, the year it came out.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I don't post all that often, but when I do, my posts are usually BIG. Bonus points, maybe? You know, for being true to Ridley?
If it helps I joined a while ago specifically to be a part of the Ridley club. Although I suppose that makes me seem more like a spy. I guess I'm okay with this. At worst I'm undercover. At best I'm a fellow pirate. The morality lines are getting blurry. XD

Well, you do have the big posts going for you. Quality over quantity.

'Course, you could still easily be a spy. As you said, creating an account solely for the Ridley thread. Slowly gaining everyone's trust. Gleaming information on our innermost sanctum, club R.I.D.L.E.Y, of which the public must never know exists.

The one fatal flaw in that plan is that no one here would ever reveal that secret, even by accident. So even if it's a trap, you'll still make our numbers look bigger. heh

anyways, err, what to draw. So much drawing happens in this thread nowadays, idk what to suggest. I'm so jealous of you artists and your skill and your talent.

Bagan's idea was good, gentleman Ridley is always a hoot. Maybe King Ridley. If that ships with anything, it'd be... parasite queen

I'm sorry I'm done

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
We had a post already that linked every time a character has had confusion around it cleared up by Zem-raj.

And, can anyone who was fighting for Ridley pre-Brawl tell me whether Ridley had this much evidence in his favour before then? It was Brawl that got me into Metroid through learning about Ridley, the year it came out.
Yeah, I'm curious if Ridley had like 1000+ pages or something near the end of the Brawl speculation days.

domokl

Smash Lord
we expect a villian trailer so sakurrai will know that and put a different trailer but we know hes gonna do that so hes gonna do the villian trailer but we know hes gonna do that so ARGHHHHHH

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
Well, you do have the big posts going for you. Quality over quantity.

'Course, you could still easily be a spy. As you said, creating an account solely for the Ridley thread. Slowly gaining everyone's trust. Gleaming information on our innermost sanctum, club R.I.D.L.E.Y, of which the public must never know exists.

The one fatal flaw in that plan is that no one here would ever reveal that secret, even by accident. So even if it's a trap, you'll still make our numbers look bigger. heh

anyways, err, what to draw. So much drawing happens in this thread nowadays, idk what to suggest. I'm so jealous of you artists and your skill and your talent.

Bagan's idea was good, gentleman Ridley is always a hoot. Maybe King Ridley. If that ships with anything, it'd be... parasite queen

I'm sorry I'm done
Although on the other hand, 100% of my posts are in the Ridley thread, and devoted to Ridley! That's like super levels of devotion right there!

And haha, I'll figure something out and post it in the next few days. Maybe I'll make it something I can use for my avatar. We'll see. Hopefully it's not too terrible.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I mean, if Ridley had this much evidence behind him before Brawl, I'll probably start to worry, but I doubt he did and there's not a real way to make sure.

If he didn't, I'll feel that little bit more confident.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I mean, if Ridley had this much evidence behind him before Brawl, I'll probably start to worry, but I doubt he did and there's not a real way to make sure.

If he didn't, I'll feel that little bit more confident.
All we had for "evidence" was his theme music, Norfair, and a cloud formation that kind of looked like him in the SSE. Looking back at things, the theme music itself might have been the disconfirmation, because IIRC, King Dedede's theme was revealed along side him.

Top Bottom