• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
All we had for "evidence" was his theme music, Norfair, and a cloud formation that kind of looked like him in the SSE. Looking back at things, the theme music itself might have been the disconfirmation, because IIRC, King Dedede's theme was revealed along side him.
Thank you! Compared to that...

I feel that little bit more confident.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I'm still having problems telling the differences between people saying the too big argument, honestly thinking it's valid and those who just say it to troll people. Take this for example..

Doesn't reply once to what people are saying, so my guess is here's a troll. Though I think it's past a point where even genuine people saying this should just be ignored.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Although on the other hand, 100% of my posts are in the Ridley thread, and devoted to Ridley! That's like super levels of devotion right there!

And haha, I'll figure something out and post it in the next few days. Maybe I'll make it something I can use for my avatar. We'll see. Hopefully it's not too terrible.
Seems like a big win

And don't feel like you have to rush the drawing. September is going to feel like a loooong way away.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
As much as I've wanted Ridley for Smash 4, I must say the best thing about his possible reveal is the meltdowns that the Ridley naysayers will have.

It would be glorious.

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZClSIUAtm0 dont know if this video has ever been on the thread but its very good
Problem with that is it's not 100% consistent behavior from Sakurai. How many times did we see the Yellow Devil before it's function in the game was confirmed? Or Dark Emperor's for that matter. If anything, the long secrecy of those 2 & the strong implying of Ridley as a stage boss makes a stronger case.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I mean, if Ridley had this much evidence behind him before Brawl, I'll probably start to worry, but I doubt he did and there's not a real way to make sure.

If he didn't, I'll feel that little bit more confident.
I wasn't really around during Brawl speculation, but I think a lot of the evidence for his inclusion was his theme song being in the game, maybe the specific stages chosen, and the "clouds."

There may be more, but that's all I can think of.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I think Ryuma is Sakurai. He just reads our posts (including this one). Laughing at us. And counting his money. We have got his attention...watch out for his cat...

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Problem with that is it's not 100% consistent behavior from Sakurai. How many times did we see the Yellow Devil before it's function in the game was confirmed? Or Dark Emperor's for that matter. If anything, the long secrecy of those 2 & the strong implying of Ridley as a stage boss makes a stronger case.
Several times, actually. Yellow Devil was one of the first things revealed on the Wily Castle stage, and the Dark Emperor was heavily focused on in the reveal of the Find Mii stage.

Ridley on the other hand, has been consistently left in the dark with no explicit confirmation about what role he's playing. Every other disconfirmed character was disconfirmed right off the bat, but Ridley was left ambiguous for months after the Pyrosphere's reveal, and Sakurai has only fanned the flames since then.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Is that what you wanted:

Or not? If yes, then just import the background you need and text. Also, replace those lines if you want. I can edit them or completly remake them if required.
That'd be great! And yes just replace the text with what I asked for, fan art is no longer necessary :D

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
All we had for "evidence" was his theme music, Norfair, and a cloud formation that kind of looked like him in the SSE. Looking back at things, the theme music itself might have been the disconfirmation, because IIRC, King Dedede's theme was revealed along side him.
I wasn't really around during Brawl speculation, but I think a lot of the evidence for his inclusion was his theme song being in the game, maybe the specific stages chosen, and the "clouds."

There may be more, but that's all I can think of.
So can somebody get me a picture of these Ridley clouds? I wasn't around the speculation base in the pre-brawl days. I only started speculation after Brawl, but I never put any of that online, its all on my computer.

The most recent time we saw shaped clouds in a trailer was in the Greninja trailer, and the clouds were shaped like Pacman.
(Any spelling/grammar mistakes are due to me being on my phone with a small keyboard)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So can somebody get me a picture of these Ridley clouds? I wasn't around the speculation base in the pre-brawl days. I only started speculation after Brawl, but I never put any of that online, its all on my computer.

The most recent time we saw shaped clouds in a trailer was in the Greninja trailer, and the clouds were shaped like Pacman.
(Any spelling/grammar mistakes are due to me being on my phone with a small keyboard)

Will this do?

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I know this is just a random wish list of deviantart so nothing special, but It's how he's classified Ridley which I find confusing

Ridley has been confirmed as stage hazard... for now. Until then, I'm assuming the worst.
When will people learn never to take what Sakurai says at face value? Though I guess is was more strongly suggested, but same thing applies

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I know this is just a random wish list of deviantart so nothing special, but It's how he's classified Ridley which I find confusing

When will people learn never to take what Sakurai says at face value? Though I guess is was more strongly suggested, but same thing applies

I for one believed that Phosphora was a mere collectible trophy, and that Palutena was a mere statue.

But Sakurai lied to me. Why on Earth would he do that?!

majora_787

Smash Hero
What's hilarious is people call assuming Ridley is a boss "taking Sakurai's words at face value". But even what Sakurai said at face value doesn't prove Ridley is a boss. It just proves that Ridley COULD be a boss, because other bosses exist besides Yellow Devil. :troll:

How on earth is blatant, aggressive, and *SMUG* stupidity so rampant when it comes to the rejection of one single character? I've always wondered.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I for one believed that Phosphora was a mere collectible trophy, and that Palutena was a mere statue.

But Sakurai lied to me. Why on Earth would he do that?!
I'm not expecting any more Kid Icarus reps as playable characters, but Phosphora being a assist trophy along side Magnus is a nice addition, would have been nice if they were PoTD, though at least we didn't get trolled with Magnus, since he was one of the more likely playable Kid Icarus reps.

What's hilarious is people call assuming Ridley is a boss "taking Sakurai's words at face value". But even what Sakurai said at face value doesn't prove Ridley is a boss. It just proves that Ridley COULD be a boss, because other bosses exist besides Yellow Devil. :troll:

How on earth is blatant, aggressive, and *SMUG* stupidity so rampant when it comes to the rejection of one single character? I've always wondered.
I think it was all part of Sakurai's plan though, he knew people like that existed and played off them to create discussion about Smash 4, which is also likely why if Ridley gets revealed as playable, it will likely be the last (before the game comes out on 3DS in Japan).

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm pretty confident in Medusa being playable myself. After the way Kirby was handled in Brawl, the way Kid Icarus has been handled, and the way Fire Emblem has just recently been handled, I'd call her probably 3rd most likely on my wishlist. But that's just me.
Though Magnus was never very likely. I mean people REQUESTED him, but...

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Ridleys name has never even been mentioned yet, its a scary yet beautiful time.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I'm not expecting any more Kid Icarus reps as playable characters, but Phosphora being a assist trophy along side Magnus is a nice addition, would have been nice if they were PoTD, though at least we didn't get trolled with Magnus, since he was one of the more likely playable Kid Icarus reps.
Did we even get a PotD for Magnus? I thought the first we saw of him was E3. KIM that this is coming from someone who doesn't check everyday for them.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ridley not mentioned? Must mean we WON'T GET HIM AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER. Flawless logic if you ignore that Lucina and Robin were never mentioned before Monday.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm honestly thinking we could get Dark Pit after Lucina, I hope not but with Dark Pit having new hair design and could easile use a different bow, I think its very possible for him to be a clone.

I'm hoping for Hades however.

Also Hades is smaller then Ridley, Ridley is too Underworldly.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Did we even get a PotD for Magnus? I thought the first we saw of him was E3. KIM that this is coming from someone who doesn't check everyday for them.
Pretty sure he was only sited at E3, but I meant he didn't tease him in the same way as Phosphora or Ashley. Though saying that he did make it very clear for those 2 in Miiverse after people seemed to be confused, like he recently did for Chrom.

Reminds of another certain other character who's name cannot be spoken

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I still don't think Dark Pit is going to be playable since he is literally a palette swap of Pit unlike Lucina who is not actually "Marth with long hair" in the literal sense. And Medusa has seniority over Hades, though I dunno. After Fire Emblem I have to wonder what Sakurai actually plans on doing with that.

And Hades is like. Fifty times smaller than Ridley. Ridley is just too big. At least Hades can be resized because he's less purple than Ridley. Ur just all in denial of my superior fackts and r blinded by fanboy mogix.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm more afraid that Sakurai may have become a supervillain than I am that Ridley won't be playable at this point. He's the only character on my wishlist I feel has over 90% likelihood at this point.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
http://ssb4dojo.com/post/91850434726/rumor-mill-pipe-burst-roster just thought i would share this with you guys. i believe this is fake because there isnt mii fighter on that roster, not to mention the leaker has that "playable bosses" thing for the game pad...honestly these rumors are just annoying when they mention it..but what do you guys think?
Edit: apparently Mii fighter and random are at the top banner it says

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ever had an argument with someone who persist on saying Ridley is freaking gigantic, even though you showed him a picture that compares him, Samus, and every other boss in Super Metroid, gets bat**** insane after a couple of replies, and on top of that, he has never played a Metroid game before?

Yeah, it's daunting.
If I was a part of the US Armed Forces, I would mail you a PURPLE heart for the mental scar you received from that Toobigot.

It would be the
BIGGEST PURPLE heart ever given out.
Originally Unintentional Side Pun was Originally Unintentional. :smirk:

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I still don't think Dark Pit is going to be playable since he is literally a palette swap of Pit unlike Lucina who is not actually "Marth with long hair" in the literal sense. And Medusa has seniority over Hades, though I dunno. After Fire Emblem I have to wonder what Sakurai actually plans on doing with that.

And Hades is like. Fifty times smaller than Ridley. Ridley is just too big. At least Hades can be resized because he's less purple than Ridley. Ur just all in denial of my superior fackts and r blinded by fanboy mogix.
From a technical standpoint then yes Medusa has seniority, but the events of Uprising pretty much stick Medusa in a bucket of mud and makes Hades the main antagonist of the series, wasn't it stated in Uprising that Hades loaned his army to medusa in the original?

Also Dark Pit being a literal colour swap would simply make him easier to develop, Luigi and Mario didn't have that many differences in the original I think and if Dark Pit has the Dark Bow that would make him look different as well. (And with a voice change, it wouldn't really make sense for the announcer to simply yell PIT) and as I stated, he looks to have different hair now. I do hope I'm wrong though.

And Ridley does not represent enough colours of the Rainbow to be playable, Ridley is too bland.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

I feel like Sakurai deliberately included hints for Dark Pit and Ghirahim so that those who subscribe to the "Hinting=Confirmation" theories can doubt themselves when they're ultimately deconfirmed.

majora_787

Smash Hero
From a technical standpoint then yes Medusa has seniority, but the events of Uprising pretty much stick Medusa in a bucket of mud and makes Hades the main antagonist of the series, wasn't it stated in Uprising that Hades loaned his army to medusa in the original?

Also Dark Pit being a literal colour swap would simply make him easier to develop, Luigi and Mario didn't have that many differences in the original I think and if Dark Pit has the Dark Bow that would make him look different as well. (And with a voice change, it wouldn't really make sense for the announcer to simply yell PIT) and as I stated, he looks to have different hair now. I do hope I'm wrong though.

And Ridley does not represent enough colours of the Rainbow to be playable, Ridley is too bland.
Ganondorf deconfirmed, I guess. I mean in the one newest zelda game, he was completely overshadowed by Yuga.

It's not a "technical standpoint". Medusa has a whole game and a third of another. Hades has a small portion and the highest seat of one game. Hades isn't the main antagonist of the whole series with the minority of one game. He would actually need to appear in another game to take the role.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I'm pretty confident in Medusa being playable myself. After the way Kirby was handled in Brawl, the way Kid Icarus has been handled, and the way Fire Emblem has just recently been handled, I'd call her probably 3rd most likely on my wishlist. But that's just me.
Though Magnus was never very likely. I mean people REQUESTED him, but...
You really think Medusa is likely?
Wasn't she killed off early on in Uprising, only for it to be revealed that she was under the rule of Hades?

^ Don't read that if you haven't played Uprising for some reason (One of the best 3DS Games to exist). ^

I personally don't think that Medusa has any chance whatsoever, or any other Kid Icarus character. Well,

The Dog

People also want Hades in, but they're forgetting the fact that he doesn't do **** in the game. It's mostly his heart and stuff. Hades was huge, you never fought him in a same-size battle.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Has @ AndreaAC AndreaAC seen the new Rayman trophy?

Ridley is too educated.
:) Yup I already saw it....you were the one that told me to calm down...remember? (I was too happy I couldn't even sleep...) It got me new Ideas of the Ridley and Assassin Ray thing...but I need to put it on paper, now I just have it in my head....
933891_480531318695109_160059032_n.jpg

Personally...I wish they had used an HD version of the R3 model....the Legends one looks good....but, like someone said....it looks like if Rayman was drunk.....

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I feel like Sakurai deliberately included hints for Dark Pit and Ghirahim so that those who subscribe to the "Hinting=Confirmation" theories can doubt themselves when they're ultimately deconfirmed.
...Uhhhmmm...

I hate to say this, but couldn't that possibly apply to Ridley as well?

majora_787

Smash Hero
You really think Medusa is likely?
Wasn't she killed off early on in Uprising, only for it to be revealed that she was under the rule of Hades?

^ Don't read that if you haven't played Uprising for some reason (One of the best 3DS Games to exist). ^

I personally don't think that Medusa has any chance whatsoever, or any other Kid Icarus character. Well,

The Dog

People also want Hades in, but they're forgetting the fact that he doesn't do **** in the game. It's mostly his heart and stuff. Hades was huge, you never fought him in a same-size battle.
Yes. I do. Because I think it is likely for Sakurai to add a third Kid Icarus character with all of the attention it has gotten, and Medusa is the main villain of some 45% of the entire Kid Icarus series. Which is a larger slice of the series than any other villain has. It's like saying Mother Brain is the main villain of Metroid as a series, even though she has only appeared in two games in which she overshadowed Ridley despite Ridley actually being in most of the series as a major antagonist to Samus.

The fact of the matter is, just like Ridley and any assortment of villains from Metroid, until Hades actually has a bigger track record through the series, it can't really be said that he's the series antagonist. Yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom