• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Why are we talking about freaking Rayman? Anyway, like I said before, If Ridley were to be a playable boss he wouldn't be so small, he would be of the same of his brawl appeareance, anyway, I found this video that seems to have a small Ridley, Do you guys think the size is okay or maybe my eyes were tricking me?
If you don't want to hear the complete song, then Ridley appears at 2:10
No offense, and I know they put a lot of work making that animation, but in my opinion that was pretty bad, the singing was good but everything else just rubbed me the wrong way. Ridley in that animation looked like a pretty decent size, still too big in my opinion

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
All of your reasoning make sense, except that I personally have 2 problems with it.

The first is Dark Pit. There is nothing different about Dark Pit aside from his attitude and voice. He has the same abilities and everything. Literally, in Kid Icarus: Uprising he is created directly from Pit via a magical mirror.

The second is with Ghirahim. Wasn't he just a one time villain (Hyrule Warriors doesn't count)? Wouldn't it be more sensible to add in a villain that has been in multiple games, such as Vaati (three games)? He'd represent a rival for Toon Link quite well, as Link has Ganondorf.
Shiek, Greninja, Lucina, Robin and wft were one time characters and got into smash :0

Edit: wft has another game apparently :0

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
I know, but the Ridley in the video isn't that much bigger than Samus and is still able to grab her with 1 hand
Ya it was a pretty decent size, but when Ridley falls on Samus he looks much bigger than her, could just be me though but I prefer the Angleglory size pics

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Ghirahim could appear in a future game, the reason we haven't seen him yet is because the only new game since skyward sword is a link between worlds, and it wouldn't have made sense to add him there
I can understand that. Most Zelda villains so far have either been Ganondorf, Vaati, or one-offs though.

Skyward Sword has enough representation anyhow. Besides, Skyloft is a terrible home stage for Ghirahim.
Speaking of which, we have 2 Zelda stages on 3DS, yet only one on Wii U. Hm.
Don't worry, we'll get another one. I haven't played Skyward Sword, but from what I know, Skyloft is the starting location, not the particular place for a villain.

Shiek, Greninja, Lucina, Robin and wft were one time characters and got into smash :0
Wii Fit trainer has starred in 3 games now:
Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, Wii Fit U.

And Sheik is a veteran so I don't consider her out of the blue.

Greninja is getting a second game before the Wii U version is released.

I'm not an FE fan (I'll get Awakening soon), so I don't know what to tell you about Lucina and Robin.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Greninja has literally no reason to not be in all future main Pokemon games, and WFT has Wii Fit Plus and U. She even has a green recolour, just like how she appears in the latter game. And there's nothing stopping Lucina and Robin from appearing in future games.
Sheik, though, is a one-off character. So, that argument against Ghirahim is broken regardless. Ghirahim so far even has more games that aren't remakes than Sheik, so...

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
I think the 2nd zelda stage of the wii u will be based on twilight princess, but who cares about that, now it's quiz time, How would any of you guys have felt if Ridley was leaked by Sal Romano before the leak got a low blow?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Greninja has literally no reason to not be in all future main Pokemon games, and WFT has Wii Fit Plus and U. She even has a green recolour, just like how she appears in the latter game. And there's nothing stopping Lucina and Robin from appearing in future games.
Shiek, though, is a one-off character. So, that argument against Ghirahim is broken. Ghirahim so far even has more games that aren't remakes than Shiek, so...
Do you not expect Sheik in Hyrule Warriors, because when I heard Zelda game based on Dynasty Warriors, Sheik was among the first to come to my mind.

I think the 2nd zelda stage of the wii u will be based on twilight princess, but who cares about that, now it's quiz time, How would any of you guys have felt if Ridley was leaked by Sal Romano before the leak got a low blow?
Like this:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There is a difference between getting the main protagonist(Robin, Ness) and a one-shot villain or sidekick(Ghirahim, Anthony)

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I'm not sure if Impa or Ghirahim is more likely. Impa is the one who teaches you the Ballad of the Goddess, but the Smash version of the song has Ghirahim's theme mixed into it, and he's kind of the antithesis of Fi, so... It could go either way.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Do you not expect Sheik in Hyrule Warriors, because when I heard Zelda game based on Dynasty Warriors, Sheik was among the first to come to my mind.
Well, even if you count Hyrule Warriors for Sheik (not confirmed yet though), or don't count Hyrule Warriors because it's a spin-off game? Same amount of non-remake games, in that case.
Plus, Ghirahim has popularity on his side, and if we're going off the trophy theory that has a lot to do with Skyward Swor-
Wait a second, we're not on the Ghirahim/Vaati thread, right?
I think we should be talking about Ridley right now.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Wii Fit trainer has starred in 3 games now:
Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, Wii Fit U.

And Sheik is a veteran so I don't consider her out of the blue.

Greninja is getting a second game before the Wii U version is released.

I'm not an FE fan (I'll get Awakening soon), so I don't know what to tell you about Lucina and Robin.
ah, my mistake about wft. i was reffering to shiek getting in melee when at the time she is a one time character (technically she still if your not counting smash bros.)

but at the time sakurai chose greninja through early artworks. but hurrah another pokemon game <:

im not really a fire emblem fan either, but from what ive heard they are from awakening and nothing else in the universe of fire emblem

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Q2A571_0D6FBB6A6A92E_000.gif

"......."

I...think we should get back to Rids....I know I talked about Ray,,,,,but you are the ones that want me to get mad or give me another heart attack....

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Actually, I think a Wind Waker HD stage is a more likely second Zelda stage for the Wii U title.

Anyway, regarding the leak, I'd feel the same way about Ridley as I do currently about Shulk. The leak's supposed "blow" of missing Chrom doesn't really affect anyone else's chances, necessarily.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Ridley can't be in, Robin already has Aerial Smashes, which would make him a Robin clone"-Someone out there was probably stupid enough to say this

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
ah, my mistake about wft. i was reffering to shiek getting in melee when at the time she is a one time character (technically she still if your not counting smash bros.)

but at the time sakurai chose greninja through early artworks. but hurrah another pokemon game <:

im not really a fire emblem fan either, but from what ive heard they are from awakening and nothing else in the universe of fire emblem
Sorry, I thought you meant Smash 4 (as you can see). My bad.

Yay OR and AS! I bet we'll be getting something from that in Smash.

View attachment 18481
"......."

I...think we should get back to Rids....I know I talked about Ray,,,,,but you are the ones that want me to get mad or give me another heart attack....
I don't want you to get mad/have a heart attack per-say, I just WANT MY DAMN PIKACHU X RIDLEY I REQUESTED A HUNDRED SOME PAGES BACK! :)

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

Edit: wft has another game apparently :0
I don't count Pokemon and Fire Emblem, as they rarely have reoccurring, major characters across all the games. It's sorta like Final Fantasy.

Shiek is the exception, as she's a veteran from a terrible roster who had the good fortune of having a good moveset. Being Zelda and coming from the highly-acclaimed game Ocarina of Time probably had something to do with her inclusion.

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I have returned from the madness and chaos of trying to get a magical scepter that summons a magical bug you can ride!

Anyways, enough of that. On the subject of the trophy theory and Ghirahim, I think Ghirahim has just about as much chance as any other LoZ character that has appeared more than once.

I don't count Pokemon and Fire Emblem, as they rarely have reoccurring, major characters across all the games. It's sorta like Final Fantasy.

Shiek is the exception, as she's a veteran from a terrible roster who had the good fortune of having a good moveset. Being Zelda and coming from the highly-acclaimed game Ocarina of Time probably had something to do with her inclusion.
Man, I haven't played FF since FF1, and I look at it now and I cannot understand a damn thing happening. What happened to having the dorky mages battling dragons n' crap for menial gold and XP? Why do we have giant futuristic cities and guns and stuff? I don't understand...

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

Uh, Greninja is a thing you can get multiple of. Then trade to other games. Definitely including ORAS, when it's released.
Greninja is far from being a one-shot thing. It'd be like getting Charizard in red or blue, only for Charmeleon to instead evolve into Charaxolotl in a future game.

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I thought you meant Smash 4 (as you can see). My bad.

Yay OR and AS! I bet we'll be getting something from that in Smash.

its fine. you and TitanTeaTime make valid points about the characters ive stated. i was also reffering greninja, robin and lucina as of right now they appear in only one game.
I got a shiny level 1 treecko ready for battle :p
oh god why is this comment in a reply thing D: bluebubbee didnt type this paragraph, i did. oh no i've upset ridley! please spare me oh great space pirate

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I keep hearing there was an additional Gematsu Leak that said Ridley and some other guys were in, could anyone link me the source?
I believe you're referring to the Gematsu Plus leak, which isn't by the Gematsu, just someone using the fake name for attention.

O__Ou Um.....I think I can't help you with that..........
pls ;-;

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@ BlueBubbee BlueBubbee Just re-watch the cutscenes from brawl with Ridley and pikachu and fill in the gaps with your imagination

should do the trick

always works for me when I'm having a hard time

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Let's focus on Ridley guys.

How bout them idle poses?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Off topic
Uh, Greninja is a thing you can get multiple of. Then trade to other games. Definitely including ORAS, when it's released.
Greninja is far from being a one-shot thing. It'd be like getting Charizard in red or blue, only for Charmeleon to instead evolve into Charaxolotl in a future game.
Well, I mean Pokemon is generational, like Fire Emblem. a hundred or so of the buggers are added every new game.
Man, I haven't played FF since FF1, and I look at it now and I cannot understand a damn thing happening. What happened to having the dorky mages battling dragons n' crap for menial gold and XP? Why do we have giant futuristic cities and guns and stuff? I don't understand...
Try Bravely Default. I would be curious why they didn't call it Final Fantasy, but maybe even Square Enix is trying to get away from the toxicity of the name.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Let's focus on Ridley guys.

How bout them idle poses?
I think I was actually a little too focused on Ridley, for a minute there

idle poses would differ greatly depending on what model he uses, and whether he has an always floating thing going on or not. So kinda hard to say/picture. I'd say if you leave him idle enough he starts picking his teeth with his tail. Maybe finds a bit 'o Samus' parents. not really.

Try Bravely Default. I would be curious why they didn't call it Final Fantasy, but maybe even Square Enix is trying to get away from the toxicity of the name.
I've never played a final fantasy game (gasp) but I recently picked up Bravely Default on a whim and I'm really liking it. Very addicting. I've missed my metro stop on the way to work 3 times now.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I think I was actually a little too focused on Ridley, for a minute there

idle poses would differ greatly depending on what model he uses, and whether he has an always floating thing going on or not. So kinda hard to say/picture. I'd say if you leave him idle enough he starts picking his teeth with his tail. Maybe finds a bit 'o Samus' parents. not really.

I've never played a final fantasy game (gasp) but I recently picked up Bravely Default on a whim and I'm really liking it. Very addicting. I've missed my metro stop on the way to work 3 times now.
If you liked Bravely Default, the best game I can recommend is Final Fantasy V. I like it much more than the other ones because it has a bigger focus on humor and comedy.

Though my favorite thing about the game is that it has the most realistic video game character death in the franchise's history.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

His idle animation will have Fusion's screech as a punishment for not moving

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I played Final Fantasy VI. One of the best games with the best cast of characters I've seen to date, as well as the train suplexing. Never forget the train suplexing. Kefka will always be up there with Hazama and Ridley in terms of villains for me.

I think Ridley would beat his wings and make a roaring pose with a quiet-ish roar (as to not get on anyone's nerves) if left idle, sort of similar to the way he roars at Samus during the first few seconds of his appearance in Other M.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ok i need to know is there a leak going on or something

Post a link

(If theres a falco one please post.)
Please, people, stop bringing up leaks. Monday's trailer KILLED literally EVERY SINGLE leak out there, even the only real legit leak is now dead because Robin was chosen over Chrom. The only way Gematsu's second half is legit at this point is if Chrom was on the very early draft before the roster was finalized.

As for Ridley... hmm, I just anticipated screeching on occasion, perhaps turning to look at the camera. I'm not sure what else he'd do for an idle animation.

Top Bottom