• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Please, people, stop bringing up leaks. Monday's trailer KILLED literally EVERY SINGLE leak out there, even the only real legit leak is now dead because Robin was chosen over Chrom. The only way Gematsu's second half is legit at this point is if Chrom was on the very early draft before the roster was finalized.

As for Ridley... hmm, I just anticipated screeching on occasion, perhaps turning to look at the camera. I'm not sure what else he'd do for an idle animation.
Oh yea

Serious @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman i can't figure out why they won't let gemusuto leak go its dead and i know it

And ridley became as likely as palutena before she was revealed. (Opinion.)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
@ BlueBubbee BlueBubbee Just re-watch the cutscenes from brawl with Ridley and pikachu and fill in the gaps with your imagination

should do the trick

always works for me when I'm having a hard time
Thanks ;-;

Good advice!
-u- thanks for helping him....It is sometimes hard for me to do some request.....my Crazy Hand (I'm lefty...) gets literally paralyzed and does not even get near to the paper.....

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Month_of_Metroid

Now I see why people believe Ridley will be revealed as playable in August never realized how many Metroid games released in that month.

Anywho

I want it
I think Ridley will be announced in three weeks, perhaps alongside a couple other villains. Ideally I'd like K. Rool announced at the same time, maybe he'll be the first character announced in the trailer, with Ridley the last? In between them we'd get veteran villains returning.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Yeeeep, August is the Metroid month. If there's a Direct, I will be praying.

Oh yea

Serious @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman i can't figure out why they won't let gemusuto leak go its dead and i know it

And ridley became as likely as palutena before she was revealed. (Opinion.)
I wish all the leak clinging would stop. I don't want leaks because the roster is better off unknown. There are some desirable leaks, sure, but I'm willing to drop even ones with Ridley because I'd rather he were confirmed without them. More hype!

...Also, if there's a Direct, when'll we hear about it first? Like, two weeks before? Three weeks before?

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
With what I said I think we will get his reveal on August 6th (release date of Metroid on the NES), on August 27th (Release of Corruption), or on August 31st (release of Other M)

No better way to celebrate the anniversary of Metroid then revealing Ridley as a playable character in Smash bros

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Yeeeep, August is the Metroid month. If there's a Direct, I will be praying.

I wish all the leak clinging would stop. I don't want leaks because the roster is better off unknown. There are some desirable leaks, sure, but I'm willing to drop even ones with Ridley because I'd rather he were confirmed without them. More hype!

...Also, if there's a Direct, when'll we hear about it first? Like, two weeks before? Three weeks before?
Like this post if you're a strong, independent supporter who don't need no leak!

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
-u- thanks for helping him....It is sometimes hard for me to do some request.....my Crazy Hand (I'm lefty...) gets literally paralized and does not even get near to the paper.....
Heh, paralyzed. Because, you know, Pikachu.

(I do hope you know the whole Pikachu and Ridley thing was a joke...)

D

Deleted member

Like this post if you're a strong, independent supporter who don't need no leak!
So we're playing the "Like this post if" game eh?

Alright then, I see your no-leak post and will raise you a

Like this post if you want Ridley in Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.

I don't believe in shame.

On the topic of idle poses, I feel like having Ridley do a roar motion, be it silent or not, would be pretty likely as that is what Bowser does, iirc.

Last edited by a moderator:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Charlatans! All of you! Clearly, Ridley would destroy and devour any who do not share his savagery and charisma, which is why I propose Ridley needs a woman who can push him into line, which is why I only ship him with Onyxia.

That, or Ridsalina because it's funny.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
I usually don't like these "like this post" type deal but for Ridley I will make an exception :denzel:

Edit: god dang-it you too Soulless? Fine...

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
@ False Sense False Sense Do you have some non-leak-, non-shadow analyzed-, non-Pyrosphere tease-, non-Trophy Quiz-based logic in your reasoning for thinking Ridley is in the game? I'd like to hear it. If it's just that you really want Ridley to be playable that's fine, I just want to hear if you have any sound "logic" or "reasoning" behind your claims/hopes/statements.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
Heh, paralyzed. Because, you know, Pikachu.

(I do hope you know the whole Pikachu and Ridley thing was a joke...)
I think you may be on to something. Wasn't Pikachu Samus' ally during Sub Space Emissary for SSBB before they met Ridley? and the fact that Ridley follows Pikachu in the Nintendo Direct video... seems suspicious.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Charlatans! All of you! Clearly, Ridley would destroy and devour any who do not share his savagery and charisma, which is why I propose Ridley needs a woman who can push him into line, which is why I only ship him with Onyxia.

That, or Ridsalina because it's funny.
If that somehow gets Deathwing into Nintendo canon, then Im okay with this. New stage confermed, Spine of Deathwing!

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I think you may be on to something. Wasn't Pikachu Samus' ally during Sub Space Emissary for SSBB before they met Ridley? and the fact that Ridley follows Pikachu in the Nintendo Direct video... seems suspicious.
Sweet Jesus, you've cracked the code!

Honestly, I never made the connection. See Andrea, my ship wasn't for nothing!

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
@ False Sense False Sense Do you have some non-leak-, non-shadow analyzed-, non-Pyrosphere tease-, non-Trophy Quiz-based logic in your reasoning for thinking Ridley is in the game? I'd like to hear it. If it's just that you really want Ridley to be playable that's fine, I just want to hear if you have any sound "logic" or "reasoning" behind your claims/hopes/statements.
I do (if it means anything to you):

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...splounge-water.324284/page-1154#post-17076473

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
If that somehow gets Deathwing into Nintendo canon, then Im okay with this. New stage confermed, Spine of Deathwing!
I actually hated the Deathwing battles because they could've been so much greater, but oh well :p. Like, the original Nefarian fight, but 3.0! Also, Deathwing was resized to be WAY too big on the spine fight...kinda like a certain other dragon...

D

Deleted member

Oh wow, you're left-handed too?

And I learned today that @ SchAlternate SchAlternate has the same name as I do!
LEFTIES ARE BEST. (yes I am also left-handed).

I would like it if Ridley were left-handed, but I imagine that he would be ambidextrous since he would want to be able to make good use of both of his hands to grind Samus into walls and hurt her in other ways.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
With what I said I think we will get his reveal on August 6th (release date of Metroid on the NES), on August 27th (Release of Corruption), or on August 31st (release of Other M)

No better way to celebrate the anniversary of Metroid then revealing Ridley as a playable character is Smash bros
I'm thinking there will be a direct centered around Metroid. I mean they mentioned how they wanted to talk about the future of 2D and 3D Metroids at E3 (If they already made some news on this I'm sorry. Haven't kept an eye out for it.). I think it is possible we could see Ridley in that direct if it happens. Also I would expect it on August 6th more than the rest. Mostly because I am being optimistic and I feel like if they are going to talk about Metroid's future they will want to talk about its roots.

Also, I'm not new here. I just lurk a lot. Had to do something while I re-download games on my 3ds so I figured I would chime in.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I'm thinking there will be a direct centered around Metroid. I mean they mentioned how they wanted to talk about the future of 2D and 3D Metroids at E3 (If they already made some news on this I'm sorry. Haven't kept an eye out for it.). I think it is possible we could see Ridley in that direct if it happens. Also I would expect it on August 6th more than the rest. Mostly because I am being optimistic and I feel like if they are going to talk about Metroid's future they will want to talk about its roots.

Also, I'm not new here. I just lurk a lot. Had to do something while I re-download games on my 3ds so I figured I would chime in.
Well, welcome (back) to the Ridley thread.

I'm just hoping for details on Metroid U, and maybe have Sylux in that game. There's so much they can do with him! I doubt it'll happen, though.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Besides size. I usually see these arguments people use in his favor.

-Size doesn't matter.
-Size doesn't matter at all.
-Shadow analyzis indicates ________.
-Ridley is jumping in the Direct.
-Ridley is too slow in the Direct.
-Ridley wouldn't move that slow as a boss.
-Trophy Quiz.
-Sakurai wouldn't be so cruel.
-Sakurai has teased with Pyrosphere for too long.
-It's been almost a year since the Pyrosphere reveal.

Like I see this repeated over and over again, there's nothing much else I've seen that deviated from said statements.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Like this:
Man... I mean, I wanted Germany to win the World Cup but...

Dang, poor Brazilians. That was worse than the Maracanazo 60 years ago. I saw that very guy on TV like that, and it just filled me with sadness and pity...

Damn it guys, first you make me do Raydley and Kraibox and now you make me depressed.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Personally, I really think Ridley will get shown in a villains trailer as a Red Herring. Basically, the idea is that they show off K. Rool first to make people think we'll only get one real newcomer, K. Rool. Then Ridley shows up at the end. Lucina isn't a true newcomer as she's just a simple Marth clone.

-Size doesn't matter.
-Trophy Quiz.

Like I see this repeated over and over again, there's nothing much else I've seen that deviated from said statements.
Your point? All of those combined are very, very suspicious, and are very likely accurate.

EDIT: The other fact of the matter is that Ridley WOULD be really unique if he's a heavily air-based fighter. For K. Rool, I kinda see him as a heavyweight who is very hard to knock back with lots of super armor.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

-Size doesn't matter.
-Trophy Quiz.

I suppose you've read about how Sakurai never outright states the names of the Smashers until their reveal, but readily admits the names of Assists and Bosses (And how Ridley has never been said anywhere in Smash's development).

If not you'll have to search around for it, I don't readily have a link available.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

I would like it if Ridley were left-handed, but I imagine that he would be ambidextrous since he would want to be able to make good use of both of his hands to grind Samus into walls and hurt her in other ways.
That got me thinking, would Ridley be better to use the Home Run Bat with his mouth or hands? Even then, wouldn't the items have to be made bigger for Ridley's hands to make them not look awkward?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

-Size doesn't matter.
-Trophy Quiz.

Then again, do you see any new arguments against Ridley as of lately?

Besides, of course, any variation of "He's too big" or "He's a stage boss".

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Are you claiming that the logic I used is invalid, for some reason? I provided you with plenty of evidence and logic; if you believe it to be insufficient, then I would like to know why. If you lack a valid reason for why my evidence is not enough, then I'm afraid I'll have to stick with my current logic.

To answer your question, I don't believe I have much more evidence then what I already provided you with. Although, technically speaking, I did bring up points about Sakurai hyping up something completely unoriginal and how the Ridley we saw acted nothing like a typical Smash boss, neither of which fall under your listed criteria. Also, I never mentioned anything about leaks or the trophy quiz theory, so I have no idea why you are bringing those up.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Then again, do you see any new arguments against Ridley as of lately?

Besides, of course, any variation of "He's too big" or "He's a stage boss".
well theres the insults from the ridley haters on that facebook post about ridley potentially being revealed last monday :/ but mostly it was just "no" or "hes too big"

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
That got me thinking, would Ridley be better to use the Home Run Bat with his mouth or hands? Even then, wouldn't the items have to be made bigger for Ridley's hands to make them not look awkward?
Didn't they already resize in Brawl to fit the character's proportions, or am I imagining things because it's almost midnight here?

And hands, I think. We've already seen that he's quite skilled with them.
(By grabbing Samus and dragging her across the wall you dirty minded human)

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Man... I mean, I wanted Germany to win the World Cup but...

Dang, poor Brazilians. That was worse than the Maracanazo 60 years ago. I saw that very guy on TV like that, and it just filled me with sadness and pity...

Damn it guys, first you make me do Raydley and Kraibox and now you make me depressed.
THEY GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED!!!!!.......I'am a salty Colombian we got cheated.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

Everyone knows lefties are evil. Just look at Sephiroth! And why do you think they made Link right-handed in recent years?

So...evil!

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
@ False Sense False Sense Not saying that what you said is invalid, I'm just wondering if you have any new insights or points besides what is typically brought up on the Internet.

As for arguments against Ridley, well...like besides size and downright saying he's a boss, I've seen that his proportions are problematic, which I kinda agree with, but I think it could be worked around, albeit it being an original model.

Either way, he should still show his genitals at one point or another.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So many lefties here! I thought I was the only one. :D

About whether Ridley is a lefty, I think he's probably ambidextrous. In Metroid Prime 1 and 3, he often attacks first with his left hand, but in Brawl and Other M he seems to be right-handed. I'm thinking that Ridley will be a righty whenever he picks up an item.

D

Deleted member

-Size doesn't matter.
-Trophy Quiz.

There is also what I refer to as "Diconfirmation Bias" working in his favor. All characters such as ATs and such got disconfirmed the minute they were shown. Nintendo even sent a note to IGN and other places after the Robin trailer to tell them that Chrom definitely wasn't playable to "clear up confusion."

Meanwhile Ridley's status has yet to be disclosed. So all of this begs the question, if Sakurai/Ninendo clarified all of these other characters' disconfirmed status immediately, wouldn't they have done the same for Ridley, so as to "clear up confusion"? Since they haven't, that can only mean that Ridley is more than likely playable, and with the exception of G&W all veterans and newcomers have not been shown directly until the formal announcement of their playable/non-playable status has been made, which would explain why we were only shown Ridley's shadow in the April Smash Direct. (On an unrelated note, G&W being shown but not confirmed makes me think that he may not return this time around).

(Credit to @WingedSnagret for first mentioning the disparity between Nintendo's actions with Ridley and the most recent example of their immediate disconfirmation/clarification of Chrom's status in Smash 4.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom