• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well with the recent hit to Gematsu and the recently exhibited master trolling on Sakurai's part, I thought I'd come in here and remind myself that I never really gave up hope but rather was preparing for what seemed likely. Now, it seems less likely so... go Ridley.

Mistermagius

Smash Cadet
Ah well I must hit the hay soon, getting rather late where I'm at... Sadly I decided to join Smashboards so late today eheh xD

Hope to speak to more of you guys and get into the Smashboards spirit soon! ^w^ Go Ridley!

Captain Soviet

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so I know I'm a bit behind, but I actually read all the pages, and about 10 pages ago someone posted a deviantart link to a real abusive anti-Ridley jerktoast. I actually broke my near decade-long silence on DA (I can't draw worth a **** so I only favorite pics). Here is my first DA comment. Please rate, comment and subscribe.

"I disagree with your opinions. A scaled-down Ridley (as far as you can call yet another size change to an inconsistently sized character "scaling down) would work fine. The Omega Ridley fight in Metroid Prime 3 didn't suck because Meta Ridley (fought a mere hours ago) was visibly bigger. Also, "Ridleyf***"? I don't particularly care for all these Fire Emblem characters (never played a game), but I'm not raging about hunting any "Ike****". Because that is a slur."

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ok, so I know I'm a bit behind, but I actually read all the pages, and about 10 pages ago someone posted a deviantart link to a real abusive anti-Ridley jerktoast. I actually broke my near decade-long silence on DA (I can't draw worth a **** so I only favorite pics). Here is my first DA comment. Please rate, comment and subscribe.

"I disagree with your opinions. A scaled-down Ridley (as far as you can call yet another size change to an inconsistently sized character "scaling down) would work fine. The Omega Ridley fight in Metroid Prime 3 didn't suck because Meta Ridley (fought a mere hours ago) was visibly bigger. Also, "Ridleyf***"? I don't particularly care for all these Fire Emblem characters (never played a game), but I'm not raging about hunting any "Ike****". Because that is a slur."
"You like a Nintendo all-star who is the main villain of a major Nintendo franchise? This is grounds for me to insult you because you are obviously stupid and inept."

Don't you just love the internet?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Welcome, fresh meat brains to die new ridley supporters. This is (kinda) official Ridley cult support thread and it is as BIG as Ridley himself. ALL HAIL RIDLEY! There is not much time left to wait and soon, everything will end...and we will get our slave master lord king Ridley as a playable character. Then those toobigots will finally shut up.
Oh, and don`t drink that water - we don`t know its source anyway, so...Anyway, support товарища Ридли Ridley for Sm4sh until it is over.

Don`t even try to tell something to such idiots as that guy on DA. It is pointless/futile/useless. Maybe even Ridley`s confirmation as a playable character won`t help get rid of all such idiots. There will always be someone who just won`t shut up. Like those who still believe that Gematsu and Sal leak is 100% legimate even after it was proven that is is not 100% legimate. Or those who still think that Lucario/Ike replaced Mewtwo/Roy and that he is a clone.

Last edited:

Captain Soviet

Smash Apprentice
Welcome, fresh meat brains to die new ridley supporters. This is (kinda) official Ridley cult support thread and it is as BIG as Ridley himself. ALL HAIL RIDLEY! There is not much time left to wait and soon, everything will end...and we will get our slave master lord king Ridley as a playable character. Then those toobigots will finally shut up.
Oh, and don`t drink that water - we don`t know its source anyway, so...

Don`t even try to tell something to such idiots as that guy on DA. It is pointless/futile/useless. Maybe even Ridley`s confirmation as a playable character won`t help get rid of all such idiots. There will always be someone who just won`t shut up. Like those who still believe that Gematsu and Sal leak is 100% legimate even after it was proven that is is not 100% legimate. Or those who still think that Lucario/Ike replaced Mewtwo/Roy and that he is a clone.
Oh, you think I'm new. :p I've been mostly lurking with the occasional post since right after the Direct. I am not new, merely...clandestine.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
ugh... This and finishing boss mode on intense is just ugh..

Hint: you'll HATE Galleon (the game crashed at one point and I was fighting him that was hilarious because he's so ANNOYING).
I got glitched into the front of the screen fighting him as Samus when he did his tornado spin thing, It was just like a super close distorted line in the front of the screen and I could move around and attack while it was just like I was falling infinitely, haha

Alsoooo man am I ready for August with Ridley to go with!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm new here but can I ask if people really think Ridley has any potential of being a playable character? I thought it was pretty clear based on the Direct that he's going to be a boss like the Yellow Devil.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'm new here but can I ask if people really think Ridley has any potential of being a playable character? I thought it was pretty clear based on the Direct that he's going to be a boss like the Yellow Devil.
...this thread got over 500 more pages since that Direct. Sure no one here thinks that he has a potential of being a playable character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Japan Time was talking about some of the size comparisons for Ridley that we've made (in particular that one with Ridley and some of the cast including Charizard that was made by @Angelglory I think?)

Bla bla wings are too wide horizontally wide...Ridley towers over the cast... Bla Bla.

I know I shouldn't care, but you guys put hard work into those models and they shot them down.

:c.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

...this thread got over 500 more pages since that Direct. Sure no one here thinks that he has a potential of being a playable character.
You're taking my question too literally. Of course I know that you guys think that but I'm trying to wrap my head around why.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Ok so let's look at this posted a month ago on Gamefaqs.

Thought you all should know "getmetsu" leak has a few characters wrong
1. Chrom is not joining Lucina is

She is the one on left - http://sonohara.donmai.us/data/66ad3...1e8579b5e7.jpg

2. Chorus Men are not getting in, neither are the "Chorus Kids", Marshal with Miss Ribbon Alternate are.

I'm not sure why but our "leaker" is unable to correctly identify people, I'm assuming he is using some type of image search program to identify them.

So people worried about there being "3" blue haired swordsmen who look nearly identical and play the same class, no longer need to worry.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/63320...wii-u/69440637
My other leak was a exclusive feature to play as bosses for the Wii U making 5 players playable in this mode on top of making Ridley fans wet them selves. I even named the bosses and got modded. But WHAT EVER this will be a guess to. !$!@#ing @#$#s.
I hate to say it but I think this Garfield guy has some legit info. If true, I don't know why he would think we would want a playable boss Ridley for a special mode but it has been something many of us assumed could be a logical conclusion to all the teasing. I want Ridley playable but not like that!

If that's how things came to be with Ridley it would all make sense. Take it with a grain of salt but just keep it in mind. It would be like everyone on both sides of the argument would win... Ugh!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Japan Time was talking about some of the size comparisons for Ridley that we've made (in particular that one with Ridley and some of the cast including Charizard that was made by @Angelglory I think?)

Bla bla wings are too wide horizontally wide...Ridley towers over the cast... Bla Bla.

I know I shouldn't care, but you guys put hard work into those models and they shot them down.

:c.
I made a huge post about ANYTHING I had to say and roger answered with mostly disagreement but since I said anything I had, arguing is unnecessary so...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That same guy says there are 12 playable boss characters.

Ridley and K. Rool are amongst them.

Are there even 12 noteworthy Nintendo villains worthy of being playable? Even in a special mode with special conditions?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

I hate to say it but I think this Garfield guy has some legit info. If true, I don't know why he would think we would want a playable boss Ridley for a special mode but it has been something many of us assumed could be a logical conclusion to all the teasing. I want Ridley playable but not like that!

If that's how things came to be with Ridley it would all make sense. Take it with a grain of salt but just keep it in mind. It would be like everyone on both sides of the argument would win... Ugh!
Not buying that leak for a second. The poster never mentioned that Robin would be playable, and I seriously doubt that Sakurai would want to implement a stupid mechanic like playable bosses. I mean, what's the point of making Ridley playable in that mode when you could have used the time and effort to make him an actual character.

That same guy says there are 12 playable boss characters.

Ridley and K. Rool are amongst them.

Are there even 12 noteworthy Nintendo villains worthy of being playable? Even in a special mode with special conditions?
...That's even worse.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You're taking my question too literally. Of course I know that you guys think that but I'm trying to wrap my head around why.
His deconfirmation was not clear. Compare it to Skull Kid, Chrom, Dark Samus, Samurai Goroh, etc. deconfirmations. Notice something? Oh, they are shown and their roles is revealed clearly. Ridley? His shadow was shown in Yellow Devil (not BOSSES section, i hate when someone says that it is "bosses" section) section and it was barely bigger than Bowser`s (it looks big only because his wings are big). And he wasn`t even called by his name. Since Pyrosphere reveal. Sakurai teases boss Ridley? That is BS. It is like if he would tease Mario.
There is also few other things that i forgot, so, could someone tell him what exactly i forgot?

Last edited:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Not buying that leak for a second. The poster never mentioned that Robin would be playable, and I seriously doubt that Sakurai would want to implement a stupid mechanic like playable bosses. I mean, what's the point of making Ridley playable in that mode when you could have used the time and effort to make him an actual character.
I don't know I think an asymmetrical boss mode would be right up the Wii U's ally. I know many of us thought about a 5 player mode like that being the u exclusive. I really hope its fake though. Only time will tell.

D

Deleted member

His deconfirmation was not clear. Compare it to Skull Kid, Chrom, Dark Samus, Samurai Goroh, etc. deconfirmations. Notice something? Oh, they are shown and their roles is revealed clearly. Ridley? His shadow was shown in Yellow Devil (not BOSSES section, i hate when someone says that it is "bosses" section) section and it was barely bigger than Bowser. And he wasn`t even called by his name. Since Pyrosphere reveal. Sakurai teases boss Ridley? That is BS. It is like if he would tease Mario.
There is also few other things that i forgot, so, could someone tell him what exactly i forgot?
Sure, Sakurai hasn't tweeted "RIDLEY NOT IN GAME" but...

"Boss characters make appearances in other stages, not just this one"
*Cue obvious shadow of Ridley with the caption "Other boss appearances"*

I dunno, it just seems delusional at this point. But whatever!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

This has been brought way too much time but if you insist...

The direct quote isn't clear since it either means "Other boss characters (which includes Ridley) makes appearance on other stages (which includes pyrosphere)". It;s valid only because he was showed on pyrosphere while saying this. But it could also mean "Other boss character (which might not be ridley) makes appearance on other stages (which might not be pyrosphere)". It;s the literal meaning but if this one is the way t go, it's already true without Ridley as ultimate ghost is on the find mii stage. It could mean that he's not an hazard but since both interpretation are equally possible, you can't tell clearly.

btw, please, don't use the word "delusional" you might get rude response.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's the Garfield leak.

"For my "leak" I need leaks. So....

64 playable characters (empty box number)
12 are bosses. (4 rows of 16, 3 last columns have special border)
Bosses require Wii U tablet.
Bosses include Ridley, Petey, King K, Dark Pit
Bosses have HP and hit harder as HP lowers
Some NFC figures will have exclusive early release DLC, abilities, and costume alt they are wearing.

I will release more leaks laters to make this like the gemetsu xD (know some clones, more bosses, and a cool gameplay element)"

Something strikes me as odd here.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

I'm pretty sure he just got lucky, his responses in this thread was pretty much just him joking around with it: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69647375

Last edited:

Captain Soviet

Smash Apprentice
If Ridley was disconfirmed, why is there no pic or video or statement from Nintendo?
Walugi's clearly not playable.
Kamek's clearly not playable
And when Chrom was accidentally left vague, Nintendo publicly cleared it up-unplayable.

If we're being delusional, then after the Direct, at some point there should have been a "Ridley is a boss" clarification. We're past that information being timely. Either he's in or Nintendo dropped the ball here. Now that gematsu has been blown apart (it's had three strikes, I'm sorry gematsu supporters, IMO it's dead), I have more faith in that not happening.

D

Deleted member

Some NFC figures will have exclusive early release DLC, abilities, and costume alt they are wearing.

I will release more leaks laters to make this like the gemetsu xD (know some clones, more bosses, and a cool gameplay element)"

Well for one, Rosters for each game are the same and you can't play a 3DS game with the Wii U tablet, that right there is more than enough to kill this leak.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

He wouldn`t say that Ridley is not in the game anyway. Because there would at least be his trophy. But i know what you wanted to say. Why make such exception when EVERY other character disconfirmed was called by their name, their actual role was revealed and they were actually shown? Sakurai himself said that he doesn`t likes to give peoples false hope.

This shadow is not big enough for Ridley if he keeps his canonical size (2x bigger than Samus)...And that is not because it is distorted/warped - Bowser`s shadow is nearly as big as Ridley`s and it was in nearly same spot.
So 4 FE characters? Hopefully we get another Metroid character.
Who 4th character will be if Dark Samus is an AT? There is no other Metroid characters that deserve to be playable character. Only DS, Samus and Ridley. I think that ZSS is completly unnecessary. But unfortunately, she was added in Brawl and still is here in Sm4sh.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Here's the Garfield leak.

That Dark Pit would be a boss

and warrant a character slot

Ascended

Smash Ace
Coming back into this thread with a renewed ray of hope after today (which seems to be a common theme among a majority of the character topics.) Just wanted to point out that all playable characters are never mentioned by name until they are revealed to be playable, which might be a weak and simple train of thought, but Sakurai did the exact same thing with Palutena, and look at her now.

EDIT: Garfield is the new Gematsu?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How is that quote not clear

And do you really think Nintendo has to put out a statement every time a character a bunch of forum users want isn't in the game

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
How is that quote not clear

And do you really think Nintendo has to put out a statement every time a character a bunch of forum users want isn't in the game
They did that before for every single deconfirmed character. As soon as they confirmed their role.

...duh, it is pointless to tell you something. You ignored previous posts.
Garfield is the new Gematsu?
Nope. He already got something wrong. Something important. For example, 3DS and WiiU will have same roster. 3DS can`t use that WiiU thing, so, it would be impossible to control bosses. FAILURE.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You didn't read my post above, did you?
I did. Your "literal" explanation doesn't make sense.

"it could also mean "Other boss character (which might not be ridley) "
Then why show Ridley's shadow? Are we really going to argue that what's being spoken about isn't corresponding to what's literally on the screen?

JediLink

Smash Ace

The easiest thing would just to read the thread, where we've already discussed this at great length several times over.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I did. Your "literal" explanation doesn't make sense.

"it could also mean "Other boss character (which might not be ridley) "
Then why show Ridley's shadow? Are we really going to argue that what's being spoken about isn't corresponding to what's literally on the screen?
omg how can I explain this?

If this meaning is true, the shadow was to tease his playability. If it's the other meaning, it's to tease him as hazard.

You have to ASSUME both meaning.

Top Bottom