• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Ugh that's true. Nabbit not being in the demo would mean we'd have learned nothing concrete from Pyrosphere anyway.

Sakurai is some demented puppet master.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
If Pyrosphere had been Ridley-less in the demo, Nabbit would have caused momentary panic before realising that Ridley as a Stage Hazard would have been in the works waaaaaaay longer than Nabbit, and thus not showing him wouldn't leave it ambiguous at all, still.

I'm being swayed... I can't deny it's super hard to believe Sakurai would do something as dumb as make him a Stage Hazard like that. I tip my hat to mainly you, Majora. Except for your Fusion points. I liked Fusion, except for Yakuza. :seuss:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Wait, now its gone. Can you get it back up please?
I edited the file and was going to replace the image with the updated version, but it turned out Photoshop didn't save the file correctly. So I had to save it again, and Photoshop tool a millennium to load for whatever reason. I just wanted it to be a seamless swap, but it ended in disaster. Sorry!

It should work now. But yeah, King K Rool is huge.

majora_787

Smash Hero
If Pyrosphere had been Ridley-less in the demo, Nabbit would have caused momentary panic before realising that Ridley as a Stage Hazard would have been in the works waaaaaaay longer than Nabbit, and thus not showing him wouldn't leave it ambiguous at all, still.

I'm being swayed... I can't deny it's super hard to believe Sakurai would do something as dumb as make him a Stage Hazard like that. I tip my hat to mainly you, Majora. Except for your Fusion points. I liked Fusion, except for Yakuza. :seuss:
I'm long used to people not agreeing with all of my opinions on games by now.

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
they could have let the pyrosphere playable during the e3 for the demo without showing stuff related to ridley like they did with mushroom kingdom u . maybe is just because he didn't wanted player to test all the map that all.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well what do you know.

Is K Rool really that big? I need to find a video.
I think of it more as DK/the sprites seeming small in comparison.

Size isn't as important in the DK series. Or in Smash. Only Metroid for whatever reason.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's funny because Ganondorf, Ridley, and K. Rool are all within like five feet of each other height-wise.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
I knew he was bigger from this video I had watched of a pro Ridley supporter when people said no Ridley but yes to K. Rool, haha

And glad to know I didn't miss much! haha

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
In other words, K. Rool and Ridley constantly change sizes. Just like Bowser. How about that!

Yeah, admittedly, K. Rool is FRICKIN' HUGE in DK64. In DKC he's fairly big (about twice DK's size), but in most games he's slightly bigger than DK. Ridley tends to be about twice Samus' size, and sometimes gets even bigger.

majora_787

Smash Hero
And as a couple of toobigots unintentionally proved here and there, Bowser also follows this same rule in games where he's a boss where he is either "Twice as big as the protagonist or way bigger".

I'm noticing a trend.

Last edited:

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Ridley x K. Rool shipping now exists.

And really, K. Rool is Ridley's best Soulmate.

They even have a son already (who I have named Rooldley) courtesy of @ AndreaAC AndreaAC

He looks just like his parents. :awesome:
While king k rool may be a reptile he is not from space and no one untill today really brings up his bigness well rosalina on the other hand is big for a human and a space goddess. So yea #rosalidley

D

Deleted member

While king k rool may be a reptile he is not from space and no one untill today really brings up his bigness well rosalina on the other hand is big for a human and a space goddess. So yea #ridsalina
Fixed.

Anyways:
Well K. Rool is a Pirate Leader, which is something he has over Rosalina. He is also BIGGER than Rosalina, making him even more compatible with Ridley who is always seen as TOO BIG.
He's also a violent psychopath, like Ridley, while Rosalina is peaceful.

I'm willing to bet that Ridley would take K. Rool over Rosalina in a Speed Dating Session.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Fixed.

Anyways:
Well K. Rool is a Pirate Leader, which is something he has over Rosalina. He is also BIGGER than Rosalina, making him even more compatible with Ridley who is always seen as TOO BIG.
He's also a violent psychopath, like Ridley, while Rosalina is peaceful.

I'm willing to bet that Ridley would take K. Rool over Rosalina in a Speed Dating Session.
The real question is, would Ridley accept the king's chubbiness?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So K Rool is actually bigger then Ridley? I thought he was smaller then that on the SNES.
Well, what do you know...

KingKroolDKC.PNG
metroid-ridley.gif

They're almost practically the same size. Ridley seems to be a little taller than K. Rool, but his crown makes him look otherwise.

K. Rool: "So...You in yet?"
Ridley: *Grumble grumble "Sakurai you little--" grumble*
K. Rool: "I'll take that as a maybe...?"

EDIT: I did not see @ SchAlternate SchAlternate 's post when I made this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The real question is, would Ridley accept the king's chubbiness?
Well Ridley is a personal trainer, as we have previously established.

So K. Rool could be Ridley's little "project"

And who knows, maybe Ridley has a secret love/fetish for "fixer-upper" type creatures or is actually a chubby chaser.

Anyways:
All Ridley would really need to do is keep K. Rool from eating all of the Bananas that he steals from DK. Since the average banana has 20 g of Carbs and K. Rool probably eats at least 200 in a day with minimal exercise, he steadily gains weight since he would be consuming at least 4000 calories a day with a sedentary lifestyle (3500 calories consumed = 1 lb of weight gain, typically the weight is fat). Ridley could also teach K. Rool how to eat flesh so that he could get some protein.

/nutrition rambling

But of course, Ridley could just as easily steal Roidley's Steroids and sculpt K. Rool that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Married? When did this happen?
"I used all my wife's best pots and pans to make him!" - King K. Roolenstein, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble (after defeating KAOS in Kastle KAOS).

We've never actually seen his "Kueen," though, and based on what we've seen, that was only included as a joke reference to something else. Presumably he's married, but its never been stated as a matter of fact post-DKC3

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So what did i miss.

Oh pretty soon probably tomorrow i will have a rosalina size comparison with the ridley shadow and the pikachu from the footage.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Does the tale spike shown for that very brief moment provide any valid size comparisons? Or any kind of useful information at all?

Chase

Smash Ace
King K. Rool/Kalypso for the win and don't let anyone tell you different.

On more notes, can someone compare the size of Ganon in A Link to the Past to Ridley?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Does the tale spike shown for that very brief moment provide any valid size comparisons? Or any kind of useful information at all?
Not really. It could just be close to the camera.

However, tail thickness analysis has brought me to this point.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Not really. It could just be close to the camera.

However, tail thickness analysis has brought me to this point.
Well it's obviously close to the camera considering the tail spike is several times larger than it is in his shadow, and shadows are 1:1 static with character models. So either Ridley follows his own 100% unique lighting physics, or his tail is poking the poor cameraman's eyes out.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The only shipping i could support with Ridley is RidleyXviolence. THAT is what he truly loves and enjoys.
Only that it is Roidley instead of Ridley. Nothing else.

Anyway, why are we suddenly discussing K.Rool?

Last edited:

PowerBomb

Smash Master
K. Rool has better proportions compared to Ridley, with the notable exception of Other M Ridley. Plus, the last game K. Rool was in was Mario Sluggers, which was made by... NAMCO BANDAI.

K. Rool konfirmed!

Nah, I'm just kidding. How many of ya'll are actually 100% certain Ridley is going to be playable, though?

Top Bottom