• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

A lot of wired stuff.
All I saw was a bunch of weird stuff.

I didn't realize you could wire the posts here on SmashBoards, do I just stab an ethernet cable into my brain and then punch the other end into the screen when I have SmashBoards open? :troll:

I'm so sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm still playing that Ridley version of 2048.

Also I just got done updating my Gamefaqs game page or whatever. Fun times were had.

My list isn't as big as Ridley though. :(

EDIT: You guys know what's sad? When someone cites Shokio as if that is some kind of silver bullet of anything. Like, when someone cites Shokio as the basis for their argument I legitimately feel bad for their parents for having to devote so much of their time and energy to this poor, poor, malfunctioning child.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
=___= Oh god, really? I can't believe in those kind of people...and the too big argument thing is getting goddamn old....
Um it was posted 3 years ago before that argument was officialy destroyed and i didn`t realized that until i decided to copy its link to see was this link posted before or not.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Speaking of maflunctions and brains:
http://vaztor.blogspot.com/2011/10/super-smash-bros-wii-u-meet-ridley.html
Was it posted here already?
Edit: yes, it was posted in 2013.
Hilariously, I scrolled through the comments and a large amount of them were bashing the OP. Said person probably blogged again later and said "hey, SEE?! Ridley's a boss again! What'd I tell you?"

I'm not going to bother looking for it.

EDIT:
Oh, wait, 2011? Wow, that's a lot older than I thought.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Um it was posted 3 years ago before that argument was officialy destroyed and i didn`t realized that until i decided to copy its link to see was this link posted before or not.
=__= Oh, I didn't pay atention to that....I was counting how many times Ridley jumps a brick wall...like when counting sheeps to sleep....

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Some people need to be clubbed a little bit. It might fix a few things and put something in their skulls to rattle around a bit. Sometimes the stupid on the internet is a little bit too much for me.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Some people need to be clubbed a little bit. It might fix a few things and put something in their skulls to rattle around a bit. Sometimes the stupid on the internet is a little bit too much for me.
A little bit won`t help.
GamesFAQ is filled with such threads that some show serious problems with peoples that just can`t listen to someone. Like this:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69549081

Enough of that nonsense. Here is something better:

It is based off Dark Meta Ridley, but looks a lot better...and here is Omega Ridley:

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
A little bit won`t help.
GamesFAQ is filled with such threads that some show serious problems with peoples that just can`t listen to someone. Like this:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69549081

Enough of that nonsense. Here is something better:

It is based off Dark Meta Ridley, but looks a lot better...
He doesn't seem much like Dark Meta, though it does look cool. I thought it looked more like a sort of skeleton meta Ridley or something. (Dry Meta Ridley?)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
He doesn't seem much like Dark Meta, though it does look cool. I thought it looked more like a sort of skeleton meta Ridley or something. (Dry Meta Ridley?)
If you didn`t noticed - Dark Meta Ridley lacks any skin and is basicly bones and muscles with armor and cybernetic...something...

Red parts are his muscles, white/yellow parts - his bones. But few parts of that drawing is a lot different (arms and legs for example).

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Dark Ridley looks like something that it could have been invented by the Chozo?

Final Smash anyone?

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Dark Meta Ridley was presumably outfitted with Luminoth Technology, since it was Luminoth technology that was specifically designed to counter Dark Aether's atmosphere.

EDIT: Plus Dark Meta is RIDICULOUSLY large, even for Ridley. He's like twice as big as he usually is. :p

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Dark Ridley looks like something that it could have been invented by the Chozo?

Final Smash anyone?
No, it would make no sense for him to suddely get armor and get rid of his skin and internal organs. So, something like Lucario`s final smash or like his large fireball attack from Other M and Brawl would be better.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Some user has already gotten the name Ridley and they've been inactive for more than 10+ years?

Why is this world so cruel? It reminds me of those twitter accounts who took the names of popular characters and failed to make use of them.
I've been training all of this time to reduce my body weight so Sakurai-senpai would notice me.
This is the greatest post in Smashboards history....

Last edited:

AndreaAC

If you didn`t noticed - Dark Meta Ridley lacks any skin and is basicly bones and muscles with armor and cybernetic...something...

Red parts are his muscles, white/yellow parts - his bones. But few parts of that drawing is a lot different (arms and legs for example).
It reminds me of Omega than anything...even more than the actual concept for it...
aZBWI.jpg

and also a bit in the color scheme, and the fact that it has exposed muscles like Omega...

I used the references the GREAT and POWERFUL Oasis give me....

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So Little Mac has TWO alts in this game.

I'd like to see Ridley have his classic look as an alt, and the Meta Ridley version as well.

majora_787

Smash Hero

I'd like to see Ridley have his classic look as an alt, and the Meta Ridley version as well.
Waiting to see him enter the stage and remove his hoodie for his entrance... only to have another hoodie under it.

Little Mac? What? No. I'm talking about RIDLEY'S hoodie. :awesome:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Welp, now I need to see a picture of Ridley in a hoodie.

Knowing this place, you probably already have a picture like this

AndreaAC

=u= I think I will draw Ridley in a hoodie later...even, the chibi grim reaper Ridley and the Assassin Ridley I draw have hoodies...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Waiting to see him enter the stage and remove his hoodie for his entrance... only to have another hoodie under it.

Little Mac? What? No. I'm talking about RIDLEY'S hoodie. :awesome:
And when you remove this 2nd hoodie...
you reveal that he has a Mewtwo`s head...then you remove it...
and he has K.Rool`s head under it...when you remove THIS one...
he has Shulk`s head under it...then you remove this head...
you reveal Ridley`s head that
bites your face off.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Wireframe Mac isn't a full alt, though, its just another recolor (granted, a VERY advanced recolor, but still a recolor). Little Mac's hoodie is probably similar to Wario where he's got recolors for the hoodie as well.

Though, if both of them have their own recolors, then maybe K. Rool could get both Kaptain and K. Roolenstein. Ridley could potentially have classic Ridley even if the proportions are slightly different as long as Ridley still has the same body size.

Unfortunately, that won`t work - Roidley has very different proportions.
I don't see why Ridley can't have classic Ridley. As long as the body size is the same both versions of Ridley could be present. I'd be surprised, for example, if Ike didn't have POR Ike at this point.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
don't see why Ridley can't have classic Ridley. As long as the body size is the same both versions of Ridley could be present. I'd be surprised, for example, if Ike didn't have POR Ike at this point.
Ridley`s classic and Other M model has different bone positions. Unless they made model in Sm4sh look a lot like classic Ridley in terms of proportions, classic Ridley`s model will be stretched to match bone positions of default model to fit animations, like Pikadorf. So, it is impossible unless developers will decide to give classic model separate animations. Size isn`t the issue.
For now, none of the alts are very different from default model. Call at least 1 that looks a lot different from his/her default model. WFT is nearly same, so, it doesn`t counts.
If someone doesn`t knows how Pikadorf looks like:

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
If someone doesn`t knows how Pikadorf looks like:
And people complained about Sonic's redesign from the upcoming Sonic Boom having longer legs :joyful:

I'm still curious if we get Other M Ridley (which seems to be the cased based off the tail) or a hybrid.

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
If Ridley isn't added Sakurai is one messed up developer. Teasing an innocent Fanbase then deconfirming the character they've always wanted playable since Melee? That's pretty messed up and just so shady.

I'm hoping Sakurai does the right thing and makes him playable.

Morbi

Scavenger
If Ridley isn't added Sakurai is one messed up developer. Teasing an innocent Fanbase then deconfirming the character they've always wanted playable since Melee? That's pretty messed up and just so shady.

I'm hoping Sakurai does the right thing and makes him playable.
I do not feel the same way; regardless of whether or not he is "teasing" the fan-base, he did quite literally insinuate that Ridely was not in the game as a playable character. We are taking the leap of faith logic. Therefore it is we that perpetuate the sentiment that he is "teasing" us. After that, we only really had the one picture that could have been alluding to Pyrosphere's hazard.

It is not about "right" or "wrong."

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I've been doing too much Ridley speculating. He's entered my dreams. Sort of. I dreamed that sandbag got confirmed playable, and then Sakurai said "Now I'd like to show you another new character, Ridley! Then there was gameplay, and it wasn't Ridley. It was some colorful feathered chozo/Archeopterix looking thing. I was glad he was in the game, but dissapointed that it wasn't really Ridley.

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet
I've been doing too much Ridley speculating. He's entered my dreams. Sort of. I dreamed that sandbag got confirmed playable, and then Sakurai said "Now I'd like to show you another new character, Ridley! Then there was gameplay, and it wasn't Ridley. It was some colorful feathered chozo/Archeopterix looking thing. I was glad he was in the game, but dissapointed that it wasn't really Ridley.
Even our dreams toy with our fantasies of Ridley D:

Every time I've told my brother that I dreamed of Ridley, he shakes his head and walks away.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Soon he will truly invade your dreams and then he will take your mind and you will become one of us...ONE OF US! BWO-HO-HA-HA!
...at least that is better than if that was US artwork NES Metroid Ridley.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well great news.

Todays potd helps the fact if ridleys confirmed he can get 2 alternate costumes.

(Super metroid, meta ridley,)

(potd is that little mac does not just have a wireframe alternate, his pink jumpsuit is too.)

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Well great news.

Todays potd helps the fact if ridleys confirmed he can get 2 alternate costumes.

(Super metroid, meta ridley,)

(potd is that little mac does not just have a wireframe alternate, his pink jumpsuit is too.)
Someone (it mighta been Ismar actually) said that Wireframe Mac was actually an alt color (much like how SS civilian tunic Link is just a color). If that's true, that'd basically be just 1, same as Wario

Heck, I don't need two alts. I don't even need one alt. I just need Ridley playable in the game.

Top Bottom