• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well great news.

Todays potd helps the fact if ridleys confirmed he can get 2 alternate costumes.

(Super metroid, meta ridley,)

(potd is that little mac does not just have a wireframe alternate, his pink jumpsuit is too.)
For few reasons i already named, we won`t get any alts for Ridley unless developers will decide to give those 2 alts separate animations.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Someone (it mighta been Ismar actually) said that Wireframe Mac was actually an alt color (much like how SS civilian tunic Link is just a color). If that's true, that'd basically be just 1, same as Wario

Heck, I don't need two alts. I don't even need one alt. I just need Ridley playable in the game.
You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round~

I was unfortunate enough to have this song forever relegated in my mind to a specific grotesque animated gif/music background website that everyone would always leave on school computers and the like. (oh how mature).
What a great life of desensitisation I have lived.

Fortunate enough for me though is how good your avatar is, it may save me from this half decade long imagery crisis.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Other M? I guess it is something that you can eat or it something that peoples say. For example:
"Do you remember who was that other mmmm...boss in metroid?"
does anyone know any other mmmmmetroid bosses than Ridley?

I don't think I can handle any other mmmmmouths to feed.

I won't tolerate any other mmmmmistakes!

The cat clawed this one to shreds, looks like I'm gonna have to use the other mmmmmmousepad

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I just wonder....if Other M had NEVER came out...how would be the design of Ridley for Smash if it wasn't based on Roidley....

-__- meh, that's just a dream,... that Retro worked on that design...

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I just wonder....if Other M had NEVER came out...how would be the design of Ridley for Smash if it wasn't based on Roidley....
Samus would probably just have the same design as in Brawl, and likewise Ridley would have followed with his Brawl design.

AndreaAC

Samus would probably just have the same design as in Brawl, and likewise Ridley would have followed with his Brawl design.
:) Oh yeah, you are right...with better textures and stuff....

I think the only thing I owe to Roidley was the fact I could portray him like if he was silly/stupid/oblivious...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Speaking of that, is this the first time we're going to have an HD Ridley that's not the Ninendo land one?
I guess....but I hope they pic better textures for him....because Roidley's textures look kinda....Ew...

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet
Love your username, jealous that your account is a month older than mine, curious that you only have 8 posts
Thank you :p To be honest, I'd change my username to Samus Maran since that's the name I've been going by for a couple years everywhere else. I also have no recollection of why I made this account in 2006 and decided to not use it until now lol

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

-__- meh, that's just a dream,... that Retro worked on that design...
I think it would be Brawl one or a new design. If he wouldn`t have such big head and eyes that he has in Brawl, i would be really happy.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Thank you :p To be honest, I'd change my username to Samus Maran since that's the name I've been going by for a couple years everywhere else. I also have no recollection of why I made this account in 2006 and decided to not use it until now lol
Yeah, I recently changed my username to line up with other accounts. Welp, glad you're supporting Ridley, in any case. And careful, your posts are almost in the double digits xD.

AndreaAC

I think it would be Brawl one or a new design.
If it looked like the one right here....I would love that...

-u- Or Brawl's design....with the ability to finally be able to blink...and move his pupils

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I personally think that we'd get a mix between Super Metroid Ridley and Other M Ridley.

Maybe buff up Super Metroid a little bit.

D

Deleted member

If it looked like the one right here....I would love that...

-u- Or Brawl's design....with the ability to finally be able to blink...and move his pupils
Why is Ridley's neck so long, I can't stop thinking of him as a serpent now. :ohwell:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Another reason why Other M Ridley is the worst Ridley evarz:

He doesn't explode upon defeat! Even an X mimic gave ridley the dignity of an explosive, violent death!

AndreaAC

His neck in this image is too long and there is not enough Ridley in that image...and why does Dark Samus has eye on her stomach if it had it on its hand?
This one would be nice too:
xD It was the artist choice, maybe because he didn't draw him in full body...but the face and colors...I love them.

and Yup, that one looks nice...even if I can barely see a thing because it's black...

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
What's either kinda funny or sad is that I've been coming up with ponified designs for pretty much every major Metroid character except for Kraid and Mother Brain.

My personal favorite is Ridley's.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
What's either kinda funny or sad is that I've been coming up with ponified designs for pretty much every major Metroid character except for Kraid and Mother Brain.

Is that... supposed to be a gargoyle?

Personally, like @ Louie G. Louie G. I'm hoping for a mash up between Other M and Super Metroid. I think it's their best route at the moment. Still don't like Roidley's head, lol.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Here is uncolored version:

No, we need playable version of Ridley. Anything else is just extra.
hmm, maybe the importance was lost on you.

Maybe repeating my case will help you understand

Gargoyle. Ridley.

It'd be just like that old TV show. With Gargoyles. That did stuff.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
hmm, maybe the importance was lost on you.

Maybe repeating my case will help you understand

Gargoyle. Ridley.

It'd be just like that old TV show. With Gargoyles. That did stuff.
Ah...i remember that show...then he won`t look a lot different actually. Maybe he will be more like Roidley and that is already not a good thing...but someone needs to draw that. Now.

Last edited:

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet
I vote that we need a *insert noun here* version of Ridley. Every possible one you can think of.

pls sakurai

Aww yiss. You may be interested in my sig, in that case :p

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I vote that we need a *insert noun here* version of Ridley. Every possible one you can think of.
Gargoyle, griffon, dragon, pterosaur, sea reptile, dinosaur, demon, maniken, subspace, snake, Snake, Joker, Batman, bat, vampire, zombie, cyborg, robot, metal, mecha, nega, evil and etc. Ridley.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Not quite as many posts as I was expecting after a day's absence.

But anyway I have a couple dreams to share. In the one the night before last I was on this thread, only there was this long debate going on between everyone if I should become a mod or not. What does it take to become a mod anyway?

The one last night was kinda funny. You know the scene in Super Metroid where Ridley appears with his eyes first then the rest of his body? Well apparently I was playing what felt like the 3DS version of Smash and I (as Samus) was in this large enclosed room with a couple other indistinguishable character. Ridley did that entrance sequence, only he almost took up the whole room, was incredibly obese, had a hybrid design with Super's body and Roidley's color scheme, and was a 2D sprite.

D

Deleted member

But anyway I have a couple dreams to share. In the one the night before last I was on this thread, only there was this long debate going on between everyone if I should become a mod or not. What does it take to become a mod anyway?

The one last night was kinda funny. You know the scene in Super Metroid where Ridley appears with his eyes first then the rest of his body? Well apparently I was playing what felt like the 3DS version of Smash and I (as Samus) was in this large enclosed room with a couple other indistinguishable character. Ridley did that entrance sequence, only he almost took up the whole room, was incredibly obese, had a hybrid design with Super's body and Roidley's color scheme, and was a 2D sprite.
So... Super Metroid Kroidley then? :awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

MY EYES! THEY BURN! STOP THAT!

...why does anyone has dreams with him but i don`t?!

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
So apparently Kraid and One of the bigger Kremling characters are bosses in Smash Run. Just thought that was a pretty cool thing to share. He mentions the bosses starting at 23:15. And yes gamxplain is pretty bad but this is still pretty cool info, even if it means King K rool might be a boss.

Last edited:
Top Bottom