• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Megazero64

Smash Apprentice
My smash fest story is this: I got there when there was already a line so I waited for few hours but ultimately went inside and played one match of the 3ds version which wasn't bad because I beat a kid who was using toon link and I was using SANIC. so mine wasn't bad just lackluster.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Johnknight1 Johnknight1 actually seems to have good ideas (IMO people, IMO...), now all I want to do is sit around talking about the really technical and in-depth parts of a Ridley moveset/Ridley's characteristics. :ohwell:
Oh man, I do it with a lot of characters, and trust me, I dig realllllllllllllllllllllll deep. I think I have practically blown the minds of the Toon Link boards with what I was able to dissect after maybe 6 minutes of messing around with Toon Link hands on. I used a bit of buffering and a open-minded by 64-esk approach and I found a lot of combos that no one else seemed to notice.

It's weird, but with gameplay things, I take a 64 combo/DI approach, a Brawl mechanics approach, and a Melee feel approach, since that's generally how I felt about the feel of Smash 3DS and Smash WiiU, plus a few obvious new additions to the gameplay.
I also think that maybe the Employee List that I made (yay shameless self-promoton) and the lounge sign that @ AbioFlesh AbioFlesh made should be added to the OP, as well as the movesets that others and myself have created for Ridley.
I back all of these ideas, although, if it's not a bother, could somebody directly link us to these things=??? (thanks in advance!)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Inb4 Ridley in Smash 4 is a 2nd Captain Falcon Clone.
I like how people tried to do this with Mega Man by playing him like he's Mario, Fox, or Samus.

I know Hugo didn't per say try to do that in the Invitational, but he clearly was playing Mega Man wrong. I think he tried to play him like X, where he moves a lot faster and there's more vertical speed. Mega Man vertically is super slow (although he may be good defensively there), but horizontally, man, he's a beast.

After all, horizontal is the way Mega Man, aka Jump 'n' Shoot Man likes to play! :shades:
Now I want to see Ridley masquerading as Captain Falcon as his master plan to get in Smash 4.
You remember the SSE scene where Pikachu was in that tank=??? I want to see Ridley confirmed like that, but have a "fake out" by having a outline that looks like Pichu first, lol!!! I want "I saw Pichu in the outline" to be a thing!!! :rotfl:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Inb4 Ridley in Smash 4 is a 2nd Captain Falcon Clone.

Now I want to see Ridley masquerading as Captain Falcon as his master plan to get in Smash 4.

Aaaaaand Inb4 Captain Falcon somehow doesn't make it back and Ridley's clever plan fails once again.
Or just be his clone. His Neutral Special will be Dragon Punch and instead of driving his car in the intro, he will sit in the same pose, but still move as if he is in the car. And his Final Smash is breaking your TV Screen with awesomeness.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
I'm guessing because there are people who think Shadow, a 3rd party supporting character, deserves a spot on the roster over Ridley.
While I would love to see shadow, as a die hard Sonic fan I can tell you that he most certainatly does not deserve to be playable more than Ridley does. Fact.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I see, he's one of the last. I'll be sure to fix that.
For all we know, there's probably a planet full of Space Dragons and Ridley was just particularly brutal enough for the Space Pirates needs.

It'll never happen, but I'd like to see a Metroid prequel manga focused on Ridley's past and how he came to either join or form the Space Pirates.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Does anyone thinks that Lloyd or Cloud or any other 3rd party character that is not called Shadow because he was mentioned already deserves a spot more than Ridley? If yes...how?!
She is faster than SONIC? And her attacks clip stage, but no one cares. Ridley`s attacks MAY barely clip stages and it instantly OP and NO CHANCE. Samus` legs can clip through themselves when hurt and swords can clip through stage too. Just why is he the only one who is hated so much?!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Does anyone thinks that Lloyd or Cloud or any other 3rd party character that is not called Shadow because he was mentioned already deserves a spot more than Ridley? If yes...how?!
Nope. In fact I don't even think Pac-Man deserves to get in over Ridley. (Although admittedly, I'd LOVE to see Shadow and he WOULDN'T be a clone [Sonic Battle], its not going to happen and I don't want Shadow playable in Smash Bros. I do want him in another fighting game, though, he was badass in Sonic Battle.)

She is faster than SONIC? And her attacks clip stage, but no one cares. Ridley`s attacks MAY barely clip stages and it instantly OP and NO CHANCE. Samus` legs can clip through themselves when hurt and swords can clip through stage too. Just why is he the only one who is hated so much?!
Palutena ISN'T faster than Sonic. She's fast than Sonic's normal running speed. Sonic's mach speed is far faster. You could almost say that... Sonic is too fast to be in Smash Bros. :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This is my NEW roster! That has Ridley in it! What do you think?
View attachment 17332
That roster is missing several characters already confirmed for the game, Toon Zelda isn't going to be playable (and probably not Diskun or Chibi-Robo either), and switchable characters are split into separate characters now. This isn't the thread for rosters, either, I don't think you're going to get special treatment just because you happen to have a roster that has Ridley in it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
That, and organization is off since Zero Suit and Sheik take up their own slots. But the only way your roster is hugely relevant here is if everything is Ridley. :p

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Guys, you know what the Pyrosphere could possibly be hinting at?

Um..."an enemy from Samus` past", so, it could only mean that we will get playable
Zoomer and Sidehopper :troll:
Also, after yet another day playing chess with Sakurai, he told me that
Shadow is going to be playable
but only with Big the Cat as an Ice Climber-like partner and with fishing instead of fighting :troll: and wearing a silly hat
and
Eggman will be playable too
with Final Smash being using all 7 Chaos Emeralds
that allow him to use attack called "BREAKDANCING EGGMAAAAN" that creates OVER 9000 explosions on the stage while he is breakdancing :troll::troll::troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, after yet another day playing chess with Sakurai, he told me that
Shadow is going to be playable
but only with Big the Cat and with fishing instead of fighting :troll:
Big the Cat and Shadow the Hedgehog confirmed to replace Ice Climbers as a duo, straight from Sakurai himself folks.

100% real, can't be disputed at all, just accept it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Big the Cat and Shadow the Hedgehog confirmed to replace Ice Climbers as a duo, straight from Sakurai himself folks.

No, he said that they will replace Jigglypuff. Also, he said that
Mewtwo is back
but he is Falcondork clone
with Captain Falcon`s outfit and with his final smash being
transforming into Mewtwo-minus-one that creates a single sticker before Metwo-minus-one turns back into Mewtwo :troll::troll:

majora_787

Smash Hero

Gematsu told me all of this is 500% real. It must be true. They also told me that Ridley is in fact the game. We're buying Ridley.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
No, he said that they will replace Jigglypuff. Also, he said that
Mewtwo is back
but he is Falcondork clone
with Captain Falcon`s outfit and with his final smash being
transforming into Mewtwo-minus-one that creates a single sticker before Metwo-minus-one turns back into Mewtwo :troll::troll:
You disappoint me, the final smash should have been
a landmaster with the power of Falco's, speed of Fox's and timing of Wolf's :troll:

Last edited:

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
No, i personally heard Sakurai saying that Big the Cat and Shadow the Hedgehog duo with fishing instead of fighting will replace Jigglypuff while playing chess.
And of course, you're lying, expecting me to believe that a voovoo-ass character such as Big the Cat, would replace a character from the Original 12... Nice try tho.

D

Deleted member

Gematsu told me all of this is 500% real. It must be true. They also told me that Ridley is in fact the game. We're buying Ridley.
I had dinner with Sakurai's wife and she told me you had to input the Konami Code while playing a match with 4 Samuses on Pyrosphere in order to activate the Wii U's money slot that is disguised as the disc drive, we then have to win a 100 man Brawl using only Samus's Down B to have Adam authorize the player to send their money and credit cards to Sakurai so that we can unlock Ridley's trophy as a playable character.

5000000% Real.

Totally Legit, Ridley Confirmed for Playable Trophy Character guys, I have it all saved on the napkin she gave me when our dinner was over.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Well, you all certainly don't waste any times in entertaining yourselves, don't you? What the hell did I just read for the past page and a half?
The results of overdosing on Splounge Water.
Also some technical gameplay things that I couldn't understand.

Top Bottom