• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I'm fairly confident now that Samus's super metroid suit design will be an alternate costume. Same with a Meta-Roidley if Sakurai decides to pull it off. I wanna see Samus in the Phazon suit tbh...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Perhaps you've angered the Lord Ridley recently? Can you think of anything that you've done that could have provoked him?
They burn from something worse than lower norfair`s temperature...i imagined that kind of Ridley WingedSnarget had in his drea- OH RIDLEY! I MUST UNSEE THAT! *stares at the sun*

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
So apparently Kraid and One of the bigger Kremling characters are bosses in Smash Run. Just thought that was a pretty cool thing to share. He mentions the bosses starting at 23:15
Having every villain be a boss would be the lamest thing ever. If I want to go fight them as bosses, I'd go to their respective games and fight them.

Regardless, Kraid in Smash Run would be pretty sick...as long as K. Rool isn't a boss. That would be figurative distilled plague injected in my blood.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
So apparently Kraid and One of the bigger Kremling characters are bosses in Smash Run. Just thought that was a pretty cool thing to share. He mentions the bosses starting at 23:15
GameXplain lmao
Though, I haven't heard anything about bosses in Smash Run before. If this is correct, Kraid is pretty cool, though "one of the larger Kremlings" is pretty vague...

Megazero64

Smash Apprentice
My smash fest story is this: I got there when there was already a line so I waited for few hours but ultimately went inside and played one match of the 3ds version which wasn't bad because I beat a kid who was using toon link and I was using SANIC. so mine wasn't bad just lackluster.
What's either kinda funny or sad is that I've been coming up with ponified designs for pretty much every major Metroid character except for Kraid and Mother Brain.

My personal favorite is Ridley's.
WOW this looks really interesting and.... wait, is this related to a certain show involving multi-colored horses?

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Guy said that Ridley as a boss on the Pyrosphere and Kraid in Smash Run would be cool. You know what else is cool? Ridley as a playable character.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
They burn from something worse than lower norfair`s temperature...i imagined that kind of Ridley WingedSnarget had in his drea- OH RIDLEY! I MUST UNSEE THAT! *stares at the sun*
It wasn't nearly as bad as your thinking. If anything he just looked like a blob since all his extremities were squished together from the fat and the confinements of the room.

I just made it worse for you didn't I...

D

Deleted member

The guy had no proof of whatever and he assumed Ridley is a boss, I don't think we should take his word

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok theres no footage of kraid nor this kermling boss

So can't buy it yet.

But if hes correct just one more major metroid character (and he has no proof what so ever that ridley is a boss hazard. That role is still at bay and almost a full year now since the pyrosphere daybute.)

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Ok theres no footage of kraid nor this kermling boss

So can't buy it yet.

But if hes correct just one more major metroid character (and he has no proof what so ever that ridley is a boss hazard. That role is still at bay and almost a full year now since the pyrosphere daybute.)
The guy they are interviewing did the brawl taunts and voiced some of the characters, I don't think he is lying . Plus this does help Ridley's chances, even slightly. Ridley(in his prime or super design) would fit smash run has a boss so much better. Plus if Ridley has a boss role on the Wii U, he should have an equal role on the 3ds. And since each franchise probably only has one Boss each, it just does not make sense.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
"If you take a completely objective view, they is really no evidence of him being a playable character." -GameXplain.

Oh really?

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
The guy they are interviewing did the brawl taunts and voiced some of the characters, I don't think he is lying .
wait what ?!
is it sure he worked on Brawl ?
btw even if it's real he could not work on SSB4

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
wait what ?!
is it sure he worked on Brawl ?
btw even if it's real he could not work on SSB4
Yes, he did, you could even look up his name. I don't think he is working on this game but he doesn't have much reason to lie.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The guy they are interviewing did the brawl taunts and voiced some of the characters, I don't think he is lying . Plus this does help Ridley's chances, even slightly. Ridley(in his prime or super design) would fit smash run has a boss so much better. Plus if Ridley has a boss role on the Wii U, he should have an equal role on the 3ds. And since each franchise probably only has one Boss each, it just does not make sense.
If your right thT helps ridley even more.

Kraid being a boss for the metroid role.

And ridley is still shown indirectly theres still no proof what so ever of either role of playable or boss

(Plus this makes ridley the only other main metroid character with no role yet.)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It wasn't nearly as bad as your thinking. If anything he just looked like a blob since all his extremities were squished together from the fat and the confinements of the room.

I just made it worse for you didn't I...
NOW I HAVE TO STARE AT THE SUN AT POINT-BLANK RANGE! UBOAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Thanks for ruining my eyes and my mind...

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I vote that we need a *insert noun here* version of Ridley. Every possible one you can think of.

pls sakurai

Aww yiss. You may be interested in my sig, in that case :p
Found this old pic I made long ago.

Probably should update the designs and color them.

majora_787

Smash Hero
So apparently Kraid and One of the bigger Kremling characters are bosses in Smash Run. Just thought that was a pretty cool thing to share. He mentions the bosses starting at 23:15. And yes gamxplain is pretty bad but this is still pretty cool info, even if it means King K rool might be a boss.
Wow.

"Lol Ridley is such a stage boss. Those clowns."

"Wow I'd feel so bad for K. Rool fans if all they got out of K. Rool was a Smash Run boss"

:\ ......

Anyway. Honestly throwing two things out there. Honestly I'm glad that they'd be using the Other M design, even if hybrid, for playable Ridley. It's one of his better designs and it removes every argument about Ridley other than "BEIN BIG D:"

And Kraid being a Smash Run boss is cool.

EDIT: Now I'm wondering if Gamexplain or JapanTime is worse about being stupid. :\

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I wonder if the likes Kraid or King K. Rool's generals are bosses, would they be exclusively for Smash run, or if they appear in other modes as well, i.e. stage hazards in normal fights or that mode that was teased in the 3DS trailer.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I wonder if the likes Kraid or King K. Rool's generals are bosses, would they be exclusively for Smash run, or if they appear in other modes as well, i.e. stage hazards in normal fights or that mode that was teased in the 3DS trailer.
I'm just going to assume it's Krusha. I really don't want to believe they would shelf such a major villain to such a trivial role. :Y

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I'm just going to assume it's Krusha. I really don't want to believe they would shelf such a major villain to such a trivial role. :Y
I'm not so great when it comes to Donkey kong villains, but King K. Rool as a Smash Run boss seems more insulting that not having him at all, and I'm not even a supporter of him being in Smash 4

Wow.

"Lol Ridley is such a stage boss. Those clowns."

"Wow I'd feel so bad for K. Rool fans if all they got out of K. Rool was a Smash Run boss"

:\ ......

Anyway. Honestly throwing two things out there. Honestly I'm glad that they'd be using the Other M design, even if hybrid, for playable Ridley. It's one of his better designs and it removes every argument about Ridley other than "BEIN BIG D:"

And Kraid being a Smash Run boss is cool.

EDIT: Now I'm wondering if Gamexplain or JapanTime is worse about being stupid. :\

I used to respect their eye for detail on the analysis videos (such as Mario Kart 8), but I don't know why they just want to throw any chance of Ridley being playable right under the bus, based off a shadow and Sakurai saying Bosses appear on other stages.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
So apparently Kraid and One of the bigger Kremling characters are bosses in Smash Run. Just thought that was a pretty cool thing to share. He mentions the bosses starting at 23:15. And yes gamxplain is pretty bad but this is still pretty cool info, even if it means King K rool might be a boss.
Yo Kraid as a boss? That makes me feel so much better about Ridleys chances.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
anyway Gamexplain isn't so bad ... at least its analysis are good enough ...
A videogames Youtube channel which is very horrible about SSB is Gamesradar ...
Here you are the evidences of Gamesradar's incompetence:
-They said Marth and Ike didn't have to return because they were old and Lucina and Chrom had to replace them with their movesets.
-They said Pac-Man didn't have to be playable because they don't like him being playable.
-Their analysis are just terrible
I'M SO HAPPY THEY STOPPED DOING THEIR SSB4 WEEKLY VIDEOS
BUT THE WORST IS TO COME ... HERE YOU ARE WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT RIDLEY :
-he's too big
-he will never be playable
-his fans are delusional
-he cannot bring a good new moveset
AND THE WORST THING THEY HAVE EVER SAID (which is against their first 2 points)
-If Masahiro, beleaguered by delusional Ridley's fans, wants to make him playable he will be a DLC Charizard's alternate costume ...
:facepalm::mad:

D

Deleted member

I'm not so great when it comes to Donkey kong villains, but King K. Rool as a Smash Run boss seems more insulting that not having him at all, and I'm not supporting him being in Smash 4

I used to respect their eye for detail on the analysis videos (such as Mario Kart 8), but I don't know why they just want to throw any chance of Ridley being playable right under the bus, based off a shadow and Sakurai saying Bosses appear on other stages.
Oh but Dark Pit has a better chance because he appeared at the end of Palutena's video

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Is that a rumor they've cooked up? Because we don't know anything about boss hazards except for Yellow Devil and (maybe) our purple Space Dragon.

It wouldn't really surprise me unfortunately, considering what might happen to Ridley.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

anyway Gamexplain isn't so bad ... at least its analysis are good enough ...
A videogames Youtube channel which is very horrible about SSB is Gamesradar ...
Here you are the evidences of Gamesradar's incompetence:
-They said Marth and Ike didn't have to return because they were old and Lucina and Chrom had to replace them with their movesets.
-They said Pac-Man didn't have to be playable because they don't like him being playable.
-Their analysis are just terrible
I'M SO HAPPY THEY STOPPED DOING THEIR SSB4 WEEKLY VIDEOS
BUT THE WORST IS TO COME ... HERE YOU ARE WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT RIDLEY :
-he's too big
-he will never be playable
-his fans are delusional
-he cannot bring a good new moveset
AND THE WORST THING THEY HAVE EVER SAID (which is against their first 2 points)
-If Masahiro, beleaguered by delusional Ridley's fans, wants to make him playable he will be a DLC Charizard's alternate costume ...
:facepalm::mad:
I subscribed to GamesRadar because I find them funny, at least they don't have to say that Ridley is a boss every video, they mentioned him a long time ago in the same video as Pac-Man, and they changed their minds about it later on(though they were also considering Lloyd)

D

Deleted member

Tnere is also K.Rool because I say so and you should trust me because my Nintendo works at Dad

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm perfectly fine about Kraid as a Smash Run boss. Granted I'd prefer an HD Brinstar Depths, but better then nothing.

As for GameXplain and all that, I'm just keeping quiet. Our satisfaction will be all the more sweet when Playley appears and shocks the living daylights out of all the doubters, so I'll let them talk it up, because ultimately it's the end of it all that will decide who will have the last laugh, and I believe we'll be the ones to have it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I literally only look at their analysis on newcomer movesets. I most definitely don't find their jackassery funny. And I'm not even going to try to watch things like Hyrule Warriors. Last thing I need is for them to somehow ruin being excited for that game for me.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Oh but Dark Pit has a better chance because he appeared at the end of Palutena's video
Yeah, what the hell is up with Dark Pit? If he's a newcomer, Why show him off without updating the newcomer roster?

G&W is at least a veteran and showed up as mostly a joke...

D

Deleted member

That and the fact that the Kremling boss was a "Larger Kremling" I'm sure that the guy would've known moreso if it were K. Rool. I think it'd either be Krusha or Klubba, imo.

And Kraid as a Smash Run Boss I do think helps Ridley's chances, even if only slightly.

Last edited by a moderator:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You know...this madness around Ridley and his size reminds me of that BitF comic "Philips Box" - it spreads really fast, it haunts me, it is really stupid and there is only 1 person that can save us from it by showing something...but there is nothing funny until Ridley is confirmed as a playable character in an official game.

Anyway, is that information about Kraid`s status true or not?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yeah, what the hell is up with Dark Pit? If he's a newcomer, Why show him off without updating the newcomer roster?

G&W is at least a veteran and showed up as mostly a joke...
Probably because he's not a newcomer but is one of the most elaborate alt costumes in the game.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
I subscribed to GamesRadar because I find them funny, at least they don't have to say that Ridley is a boss every video, they mentioned him a long time ago in the same video as Pac-Man, and they changed their minds about it later on(though they were also considering Lloyd)
I subscribed to them too for the same reason but now I removed it
Anyway they didn't changed their minds ... the DLC Charizard's costume is from a recent video

D

Deleted member

Gamexplain discussions are stupid, I only subscribed for trailer analisies, I'll probably unsubscribe and wait for newcomer reveals to check their channel
Also, my Nintendo just said that Goku is inthe game and Ridey Scott is a boss, trust me, he works at dad

Top Bottom