• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

I know that me posting these get kind of tiring, but I just had to share it.

Oh I wouldn't worry, I always think these things are glorious and hilarious.

Also:
I had actually never seen Nintendo Land Ridley before. He looks like some bizarre thing of making a sort of Mecha Ridley more similar to the classic NES Ridley, I guess?

It looks pretty interesting actually.
I kind of want to see Nintendo Land Ridley in that "Ridleys Unite!" Picture now:

I get the feeling that if Ridley got the chance, he'd exterminate all of the current Space Pirates and raise an empire with the Nintendo Landleys as his soldiers, given how vain and narcissistic he is.

Last edited by a moderator:

CamZilla94

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-2929-3596
Switch FC
SW 2709 2387 5005
Finally caught up, congrats for getting over 1000 pages! I might have to do some Ridley art for this occasion.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Oh I wouldn't worry, I always think these things are glorious and hilarious.

Also:

I kind of want to see Nintendo Land Ridley in that "Ridleys Unite!" Picture now:

I get the feeling that if Ridley got the chance, he'd exterminate all of the current Space Pirates and raise an empire with the Nintendo Landleys as his soldiers, given how vain and narcissistic he is.
SCAN0202.JPG

Yup. he definitely would do that....and sorry for posting old drawings, I can't draw anything yet.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't there some sort of Punch Out!! anniversary close Little Mac's reveal though? I can't remember.
The Punch-Out!! games are on the VC, I don't think Nintendo did more than that. I don't even remember any kind of PR for the series anniversary (people didn't even knew its anniversary was coming). Metroid got one small mention in august 2011 and M2:RoS released on the VC, and that was it goddamn you Nintendo......

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Congrats on a thousand pages! Would've posted sooner, but had nothing to say, really.

If Ridley is playable/disconfirmed, what will become of us? What will become of the happy times we've spent together, or the day long arguments with detractors? In essence, if Ridley was never confirmed or disconfirmed, and left in a perpetual stalemate for all time, would that not be the perfect asylum?

Ah, who am I kidding? Confirming Ridley would be the equivalent of getting a pony for your birthday when you were six.
Well, we won't vanish! Consider it like... a lounge expansion pack! Rather than just having a thread (a single room) we have a subforum (entire building) to hang out!

Edit: On a side note, I remember being really upset that the Metroid anniversary was forgotten. I remember what I saw of the Internet getting really pissed off about it.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Why do I see a bunch of us pulling a ''YOU FIT RIDLEY IN MY ROOM?! THANK YOU SAKURAI!" when he's confirmed now that the pony analogy has been brought up?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Broken images. Broken images everywhere. </3
100% of those images were broken
Let's try this again.

Have some Japanese Ridley artwork!

And my personal favorite which needs its own personal collapse tag because mere mortals might die of pure amazing:
[collapse=Warning: Too Good]
[collapse=No, really. This is your final warning.]

[/collapse]
[/collapse]

D

Deleted member

Let's try this again.

And my personal favorite which needs its own personal collapse tag because mere mortals might die of pure amazing:

[/collapse]
[/collapse]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

They're all so beautiful, I might just cry. :crying:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Let's try this again.

[/collapse]
[/collapse]
Its so good it glitched out of the spoiler tag. :p

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
That's a great idea. I'm saving it as my Ridley avatar for later if I ever change to Ridley. And not Little Birdie to frustrate people :3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would actually make that my avatar if I wasn't so devoted to my precious Pac-Man.

lol

But it wasn't good enough for your likes, huh? </3 You're a terrible person/10
I'm the same as you but with Nah.

All these Ridley Pictures need is Nah somewhere nearby and one of them would instantly become my new avatar.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

The Great Ridsby invites you all for a party

(image courtesy of myself)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Great Ridsby invites you all for a party

(image courtesy of myself)
I thought there was always a party happening here in the Splounge.

BUT, for those of you that had even some semblance of the idea that you were going to leave us.

All thanks to the power of Google Images.

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I leave for a few days and I come back and I see 1008 pages before smash release. I am amazed. I would put a picture of Ridley with an amazed expression if I could find one.

AndreaAC

Let's try this again.

[/collapse]
[/collapse]
xD Oh yeah, I have them, you know, the only thing that annoys me when looking for Ridley stuff on Pixiv is that instead of getting Ridley, I get images of a girl called Ridley Silverlake from tales of Symphonia or whatever.... :/

Last edited:

Meandpikachu

Smash Journeyman
xD Oh yeah, I have them, you know, the only thing that annoys me when looking for Ridley stuff on Pixiv is that instead of getting Ridley, I get images of a girl called Ridley Silverlake from tales of Symphonia or whatever.... :/
is this file called "Warning: To Good" means it was inappropiate?

D

Deleted member

is this file called "Warning: To Good" means it was inappropiate?
If it was inappropriate it probably would've been deleted and @ Pacack Pacack probably would've been warned or infracted, so "Too Good" means it is just amazing, not inappropriate (I have seen it myself).

Speaking of @ Pacack Pacack I now have enough Nah pictures to last me an eternity for my avatar rotations.

<3

On topic:
I've been wondering about it for awhile, since a lot of people post pictures of Roidley to represent Ridley and I've decided to ask about it:
Would you guys prefer Roidley or normal Ridley as a playable character? The other (assuming that the playable/stage boss duality exists) becoming the Stage Boss of Pyrosphere.

I personally support Normal Ridley, I love this look:

and original Ridley was of course the first Ridley version I knew.

I've also been swayed slightly by @ AndreaAC AndreaAC 's drawings of Ridley and Roidley because her Ridley resonates with my inner vain, sociopathic, sadist while Roidley, being depicted as dopey, has become more to me as a comical character as opposed to a badass (of course, canonically and visually (when not dopey looking) I still think he is a total badass).

Another reason I would prefer original Ridley is because Roidley is technically a clone of Ridley, and it just wouldn't feel right to me playing as Ridley's clone as opposed to Ridley himself (not to mention it would make more sense for Roidley to be the hazard on Pyrosphere since he is fought there in Other M, not original Ridley) especially since Ridley himself is much more prominent in the series as a whole with all that he has done to influence the Metroid Plot Line.

Now, of course I would just be happy to play as any incarnation of Ridley be it clone or not, because I just want him in the game as playable that much, but original Ridley would definitely be my preferred form.

What are your guys's thoughts?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure Roidley is going to be playable, and I honestly would prefer the game actually be aesthetically consistent here. Plus Concept Artley is the greetest for no raisin

Last edited:

AndreaAC

If it was inappropriate it probably would've been deleted and @ Pacack Pacack probably would've been warned or infracted, so "Too Good" means it is just amazing, not inappropriate (I have seen it myself).

Speaking of @ Pacack Pacack I now have enough Nah pictures to last me an eternity for my avatar rotations.

<3

On topic:
I've been wondering about it for awhile, since a lot of people post pictures of Roidley to represent Ridley and I've decided to ask about it:
Would you guys prefer Roidley or normal Ridley as a playable character? The other (assuming that the playable/stage boss duality exists) becoming the Stage Boss of Pyrosphere.

I've also been swayed slightly by @ AndreaAC AndreaAC 's drawings of Ridley and Roidley because her Ridley resonates with my inner vain, sociopathic, sadist while Roidley, being depicted as dopey, has become more to me as a comical character as opposed to a badass (of course, canonically and visually (when not dopey looking) I still think he is a total badass).

Another reason I would prefer original Ridley is because Roidley is technically a clone of Ridley, and it just wouldn't feel right to me playing as Ridley's clone as opposed to Ridley himself (not to mention it would make more sense for Roidley to be the hazard on Pyrosphere since he is fought there in Other M, not original Ridley) especially since Ridley himself is much more prominent in the series as a whole with all that he has done to influence the Metroid Plot Line.

Now, of course I would just be happy to play as any incarnation of Ridley be it clone or not, because I just want him in the game as playable that much, but original Ridley would definitely be my preferred form.

What are your guy's thoughts?
The Original One as playable of course, and even his other two froms, Meta and Omega.

The first Ridley version I saw was the SM one, so beautiful. Later, Meta and Omega. All thanks to my cousin that was a Metroid fan at the time (Now a CoD fan) and showed me the games. The funny thing is that I got a friendly rivalry with him because he liked Samus and I liked Ridley xD

And you wheren't around when I first joined the boards, but, as you may already know, I'm not too found of Roidley, and when I first joined, I couldn't stop ranting about it, I just couldn't help myself at that time, because my hatred was DEEP.

And since I made Roidley a comedic relief, I have softened a bit to it (except the evolution...). And unfortunately, everything is based around Other M, and like it was seen on the Direct, it is going to be Roidley or a Hybrid (that I would personally like to have a PURE Ridley model as an alternate, and again, Meta and Omega)....if the "Original Playable and Clone hazard" scenario happens, I would be glad, but if it does not, I will have to deal with it. Even, the good thing will be that after so many years, Ridley or at least SOMETHING that is supposed to be Ridley, is going to be playable.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I heard the Roidley was still Ridley and still had the same memories as normal Ridley and was simply reborn.

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
On topic:

What are your guys's thoughts?
I think the First ridley should be playable, I do like Ridley-two (roidley) also, but not as much as the original, although I do think Ridley-two will be playable while the Original won't, but I have a little hope that he may be a costume. Although I do think it may be a hybrid of both, I prefer The first.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I heard the Roidley was still Ridley and still had the same memories as normal Ridley and was simply reborn.
That's more of a theory than anything. All that's known is Roidley was born from Ridley's own DNA so is essentially a clone of him.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Let's try this again.

[/collapse]
[/collapse]
Nice pictures

I call this another piece of evidence of playable ridley

The detractors are not 100% correct on japan fans don't care for ridley

These pictures proove japan does indeeed have care for ridley (not 100% though.)

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
I think its due to metroid manga. in the manga if he eats (I forgot if it was anything or just a specific thing) Human flesh he regenerates easily, sort of reminds me of a certain mutated dino's cells. Although I think that theory happens due to Ridley-two remembers samus and attacked her when it was strong enough, and it killing the people that studies it as a baby. But I am not sure if his abilities in manga also are in the games.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I think its due to metroid manga. in the manga if he eats (I forgot if it was anything or just a specific thing) Human flesh he regenerates easily, sort of reminds me of a certain mutated dino's cells. Although I think that theory happens due to Ridley-two remembers samus and attacked her when it was strong enough, and it killing the people that studies it as a baby. But I am not sure if his abilities in manga also are in the games.
sc_metroid_v02_ch008_011.png

this?

Maybe he just saud Human because it was the things that he found to eat, but I guess he can regenerate by eating any kind of bioform.

Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I feel like Ridley's reveal video will be called "Enemy from the Past". I know it's a small random post, what do you guys think? I like the sound of it in all honesty.

Top Bottom