• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Renaissance of Xmash 4, Varberg, July 3-6th | Results in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
Falco I think.

Oh, and took me long enough to realise that Nihonjin is Japanese for Japanese :D

Well done everyone from UK who represented us!

Neophos

Smash Ace
Alright, some shoutouts to people that deserve them:

Nnja - Fy fan vad fuktig du är.

Nah, really, you kick ***. I like it that way.

FAAB - Kuken i handen. Yeeeehz.

That guy that Helios hung out with that had kinda spiky hair but whoms name I don't know - Always up to date and with a joke or two at hand. Cheers.

Amsah - Moneymatch me in Melty Blood.

Every guy that stayed at Helios' place before the tournament - Inga Yunas.

Ek - You suck at smash.

JD - Shame we didn't have time for the crew match.

Yeah, I'd say that's all of them.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
all right.. although there were some problems at RoS4, expeciall concerning sleeping and tournament timing I'm pretty much statisfied from the event considering I got 2nd at what was probably the biggest european tournament so far (we missed CJ, Remen and Dave). It's time for some shotouts:

Faab: I took my revenge for RoS3 and the Aldwyn counter got countered. Besides this you're really strong and I have to admit I've understimated you a second time. Your Marth gave me more problems than Ek's.

Masamune: I didn't play your Marth at all which is really bad but once again you proved to be a top player. Even though Ek wasn't doing good you still did a nice job out of him and Armada.

Makenshi: Can we play now or you're still too tired?

Sparken: You improved like hell since the last time we met and you've got an impressive C.Falcon. Too bad you had to meet me twice (pools AND bracket) but hell.. I almost lost to you in the bracket.

Cpt Zeppo: This time you finally passed pools, you improved a lot too and along with Kriz and C you make the dangerous C.Falcons team :p

Fuzzyness: I really hoped not to meet you in the bracket. Our matches were always **** close and you should have definitely got Top Seed. Although I am very unexperienced against jigglypuff you are definitely a dangerous opponent. Sorry for screaming at your missed rest during our last match but I was really too pissed off by the trashtalking around.

Svampen: Our matches have been pretty close too and I wonder what happened this time as you didn't annoy Italians that much. Too good;

Nnja: Le Crouch Cancel for the win! Another nice dutch guy I found improved a lot. You're as good as Seretur, I really don't understand why you're not 3rd on the dutch power rankings.

Armada: Never seen a young smasher play so good till now. You're definitely the best peach Europe has got and I still can't believe I've been able to beat you after the job you've done out of Amsah.

Ek: You clearly had a bad day because of bad sleeping like Amsah; although I beat you finally claiming my revenge for JST5 I still consider you AT LEAST as good as I am. However I think you should begin go back on Marth.

Helios: After playing him during the finals I can say that Amsah is pretty surely better than both of us but you still did a nice job by knocking him in the LB 3-0. I won't even discuss about who is better between us because our matches were simply too close. Gratz for getting Top 3.

Dou!: You played really good although you retired for a whole year. Too bad you didn't
make it to the bracket, just like too many other good players who would have deserved it.

Nihonjin: Well what am I supposed to say.. i simply got destroyed like I was expecting. Although Sheik is ridicously broken you are ridicously good and you would probably still beat me using other characters. You are the best player Europe has to offer and I'm looking **** forward for your results at OC3.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Where the fuxx am I on that list mate? I owned all of you at mario kart. Anyway, we're stuck in sweeden atm cause we missed our flight. These sweedish computers suck.

Jk aldwyn. (I cannot find backslash on this keyboard)

Kman25

Smash Ace
I was lol'ing at the post above when he typed it xD

And yeah we are stuck here, Ill post back when we get more info in the morning

Also wtf happened to all those mm's 0_o Wouldve been useful now. And I better be on a lot of shoutouts xD

Dem-long

Smash Rookie
Yo, we all speak Aldwyn XD ehm

Well, I'm pretty satisfied from the italians performance, Seretur could be in top 10 sure, and also Dax and Chor could get the better of a lot of players, unfortunetly they did some stupid errors (probably the main reason of these, was their emotivity..) I hope to come to Rox5 (it will be a brawl tournament? lol)

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Finally in bed. I got sick, awww. Very nice tournament, nice job fixing moste of the issues.(like having time to do everything) Many amazingly good players. The skill level went really even, with people countering other people, awsome improvement, little sleep( <.< ) and luck. Wtf, Masamune, Ek, Amsah, Faab, Armada, (and problary some more very good players i dont remember) all in losers bracket. how crazy isnt that?

OH, SLEEP. More tomorrow, maybe. *allmoste throw up*

baah, double. Armada roxxx and he don't play Peach as gay as moste others do. One of my RoX4 favs.

Aqualicy

Smash Cadet
Nice.

Well, blast. Four days late!

I'm happy to hear the huge tourney ran well enough, though. No catastrophes. I wish I could have been there. Greets to anyone I know, especially Helios. It's awesome of you to host these, man. Even if I HAVE been unable to come. :chuckle: Next time for sure. I'll pack my Cube and TV and hit the road.

Good games to all.

Kman25

Smash Ace
Is there anyone willing to house us in Sweden? We are here in Göteborg Station and theres like no flights today back to London

+44 794 458 714

Heres our msn as well: kevyugi@hotmail.com

Call or msn us cos we are pretty ****ed atm

Seretur

Smash Journeyman
Dem long you actually don't know how things have gone .. so stop cheering up and jhoning for others...
This is how the tournament has gone:

Many people arrived before the tournament and were hosted t helios place. NONE of them had been taken at the airport with less than 4 hours late.
At helios place it was almost impossible to sleep.. due to some guys screaming (DUTCHIES GRR) or night players... but this was not helios' problem he slept in another house in a bed far from us.. sometimes he went for just playing smash.
Whenever i asked him something.. he had never done it.. (remember my controller helios? you promised me you would have taken it....)
All days at helios' place where like this... then some ppl travelled to kungsbackka but most of times they couldn't get back or they had to pay extra money etc..

Chapter two: the tournament
those who had slept at helios place were already very tired... the team tournament began 3 hours late at 9 p.m and paused at 2 p.m. the singles was ****ing late... it started at 11a.m and the first pools ended at something like 11 p.m that same day we had second pools.... !!!
they ended at 4 a.m (HOW CAN PPL PLAY AT THAT TIME) then some ppl tryied to sleep outside.. some didn't.. we should have all slept in the big room.. 150 PLAYERS IN THE SAME ROOM??? ... but outside it was RAINING... and someppl tryied to sleep outside and came back and if it was not for me and federico they would have een locked outside.. (as happened to us)
that night most of the good player me, choco,faab, amsah,ek ,etc... had slept just 3 or 4 hour (as in the days before prolly..) i screwed up the tournament but i didn't care...
many did the same... fortunately there were many nice persons cuz if i had to be there only for the tournament i would have been very disappointed (ah all days helios slept 10 or more hours in a bed.. and did all possible to advantage himself)

later shotouts

Ijuka

Smash Ace
Dem long you actually don't know how things have gone .. so stop cheering up and jhoning for others...
This is how the tournament has gone:

Many people arrived before the tournament and were hosted t helios place. NONE of them had been taken at the airport with less than 4 hours late.
At helios place it was almost impossible to sleep.. due to some guys screaming (DUTCHIES GRR) or night players... but this was not helios' problem he slept in another house in a bed far from us.. sometimes he went for just playing smash.
Whenever i asked him something.. he had never done it.. (remember my controller helios? you promised me you would have taken it....)
All days at helios' place where like this... then some ppl travelled to kungsbackka but most of times they couldn't get back or they had to pay extra money etc..

Chapter two: the tournament
those who had slept at helios place were already very tired... the team tournament began 3 hours late at 9 p.m and paused at 2 p.m. the singles was ****ing late... it started at 11a.m and the first pools ended at something like 11 p.m that same day we had second pools.... !!!
they ended at 4 a.m (HOW CAN PPL PLAY AT THAT TIME) then some ppl tryied to sleep outside.. some didn't.. we should have all slept in the big room.. 150 PLAYERS IN THE SAME ROOM??? ... but outside it was RAINING... and someppl tryied to sleep outside and came back and if it was not for me and federico they would have een locked outside.. (as happened to us)
that night most of the good player me, choco,faab, amsah,ek ,etc... had slept just 3 or 4 hour (as in the days before prolly..) i screwed up the tournament but i didn't care...
many did the same... fortunately there were many nice persons cuz if i had to be there only for the tournament i would have been very disappointed (ah all days helios slept 10 or more hours in a bed.. and did all possible to advantage himself)

later shotouts
And that isnt exeggrating, sounds pretty accurate to me. And at all days it was nearly impossible to sleep until 8am because of people screaming and shouting etc.

Vegard

Smash Lord
Ijuka, how did you do in second round of pools, and what did you place in first round?

Kman: How come you never asked for a moneymatch? Cause I didn't care when I already beat you in pools, so you should've asked if you really wanted to do a moneymatch.

Anyway, you should all come to Smashers' Reunion 3 in Norway, if you like well run tournaments!

Ijuka

Smash Ace
4th in first pools, I dont care about second pools, most likely last =P Played bad, better luck next time I hope.. o.o

Doraki

Smash Lord
Wow sounds like RoS 4 was ran EVEN WORSE than RoS 3
Never thought it would have been possible.

I wonder how RoS 5 will be, at this rate.

Shin^

Smash Rookie
I had so much fun ^^
Although I didnt do so well in the tournament.

I write some shoutouts later.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
There was one funny thing I thought about the finals, what happened with "Helios Silly Rule", I saw at least 4 of the final matches were at yoshis story, did aldwyn always lose on his counterpick stage or what?

I read someone said that Helios maked many advantages for himself, but he also did forfeit his Final match (and he was in winners which means atleast a guarantied 2nd place and a big chance for first) and gave away the oppoturnity to aldwyn to try win the tournament, since he was too tired (he sure did alot of work, as with those in the café and many other people).

Thanks everyone cheering for me against Amsah, Calle W and Clemj, it really helped^^, yays for taking down Amsah to last stock in pools hopes for points next time, and scored 2-1 against both Calle W and Clemj in 2nd pool, i just can say thanks for cheering^^

I can see the worst tourney ever where everyone plays falco x.x
warrrrgh
Yay, then a IC player will have a good advantage and "might win" the tournament..

Dax

Smash Journeyman
just wanted to say that i forgot my black ds lite at helios place if some frenchies read this please take it or well at least helios you ll prolly found it on the table thanks

shotouts later

Vegard

Smash Lord
Smasher89 said:
There was one funny thing I thought about the finals, what happened with "Helios Silly Rule", I saw at least 4 of the final matches were at yoshis story, did aldwyn always lose on his counterpick stage or what?
lol I know. It seemed like nobody really cared about Helios' silly rule. Ek vs Aldwyn... They nearly played Yoshis Story three times, before Helios ran up and stopped the match on Aldwyn's counterpick.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
I think he could counterpick yoshis story because he didn't win there. And I guess Amsah let him? I think he'd have picked battlefield where he 3-stocked amsah(a sick match, insane comboes O_o) but couldn't, since that was the last stage he won on.

Raikacchi

Smash Cadet
I have to say honestly that it was bad organized,

but it doesn't mean you have to hit everything to the ground because of that,

there were a tons lot of people that didn't payed attention to the homerules of Helios as well of the Venue, that is what annoyed me the most.

I still think that Helios and his organisation have done a great job taking care of a lot
of stuff, eventhough they forgot a few important matters.

I also think most of the blame should go to the players themselves,
for not honoring the rules Helios has made,

sure thing that Helios made some mistakes, but understand how much pressure it is for him and as well for his organisation to set up things to make it possible for everyone to play!!!

you'll see that when everyone is honoring the rules of a tournament (or at someone's home)
things will go tons better!!!

and Seretur, stop complaining! , you got to show many people your card tricks so be happy about that :p

Raikacchi

Smash Cadet
Alright, some shoutouts to people that deserve them:

That guy that Helios hung out with that had kinda spiky hair but whoms name I don't know - Always up to date and with a joke or two at hand. Cheers.

would that be me ? > <

blond spiky hair and the "are you man enough" thing ?

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
Ok, time to write a little about this tournament.

I see that a lot of people are complaining about how this tournament is ran, and although some of this is deserved i think you guys are being a little bit cruel. I think that helios did ok. The tournament had a great turnout, all of europe's best players together, plenty of tv's and cubes, nice prizes, a nice venue in a nice city. On top of that i had a great time bbqing at helios place, hanging out with cool people and just having a good time overall.

Off course there are some cons too, i'll sum up the worst. A lot of the other things started in a chainreaction

The major problems were:
1. We started teams the first day WAY too late, this resulted in having pressure to finish it in the next days
2. The first round of pouls play took too long, running only 4 pouls at a time was really stupid
3. Letting 150 people sleep in one room is too much, everyone was dead tired because of that.
4. You (helios) wanted to do to much on your own. There should have been more people who kept the pouls and bracket going.

It's just that we didn't play enough tuesday and wednesday, and we had to do too much at thursday and friday. Thursday was a really good day and if every day was like that the tournament wouldn't have run late. The reason thursday ran late was because there was too much to be finished that day.

As for me personally: I think i sucked in the tournament. I don't even want to talk about teams. Rens and me played great before the tournament and horrible in the tournament. I'm trying to forget it.

I did very well in my first two pouls, placing first in both of them. After that the bracket sucked. I had slept outside the night while it was raining and i wake up all wet after about two hours. I felt like i was almost dead and i had never felt that tired before. Besides that i slipped away in the rain that morning and injured my foot. I also lost my controller and had to play with one that i could barely wavedash with, let alone other fastfingered stuff. I know these are all johnns but i think it are some good reasons to explain why i only got 17th. Inga Yuna's doesn't count for me ;)

The last tournament i played in was crews. I think i did well as dutch crew leader (together with amsah) and i played well in those matches. Looking forward to the vids. I think the dutch and swedish level are about the same although the swedes won. I'm pretty sure netherlands will win if the swedes come to the netherlands because we'll be the one with the home advantage than.

I'll do shoutouts later

Edit: Well said raikachi

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Right, guys.
I'm sorry for the delays and other issues such as sleeping accomodation. Things didn't turn out as we had planned, and this bugs me a lot, trust me.

However, you must take a few things into consideration.

1. The amount of bad luck we had is just incredible. Random immigrant kids that decide to steal stuff from us could possibly have been foreseen, but to be honest, I've never had anything like that in my last 5 tourneys.
The sleeping venue flaking on us last minute was gay as ****, and I have no clue what we could've done about that. The fire department being on our ***** aswell was just great.
So, spending several hours a day fixing stuff like this, when people can't even pick up their own trash after themselves, I'm sure you'll know how this works out.

2. Some people just would not cooperate. It's funny how almost all of those complaining are those who were outside smoking most of the time, which was a major pain in the *** for the organizers. We had strict regulations on when and where we were allowed to let people out, yet all you did was ***** and complain about your "rights" to do whatever the hell you want.
So, instead of obeying the rules and easing my workload, you ***** about unimportant stuff and occupy my time.
It's also funny how the people that told me "this is never gonna be on time" were also the same people who refused to quit their friendly matches after being asked to play a tournament game several times.

I know this all leads to us having to have waaaaay more strict rules in the future, but I'd rather just see everyone else obeying the ones we have now.

So, the lack of sleeping venue was major crap, I'm very well aware of this, and it pisses me off more than anything. However, if people can't think of anyone but themselves I don't see how things would've worked out anyway.
During this tournament I had a sinus infection, fever, and tonsillitis. I'd like to see any of you run a tournament in my condition.

I'm also sorry I didn't finish my singles matches, I was just completely out of it. It's going to take quite some time for me to recover from this, so I'm just gonna post the results now.

Teams:

1: Team Escort (Helios & Ek)
2: De Turken (Amsah & Faab)
3: Haxx this (Masamune & Kriz)
4: Team UGS (Armada & Aniolas)
5: Roxette (Smash Alex & DUDE)
5: Gizmos roxxor (Clemj & Niam)
7: Captain Jadde & Akke (Captain Jadde & Akke)
7: Team *****es (Yuna & Charles)
9: Calle WMK (Calle W & WMK)
9: Makenshi & Nnja (Makenshi & Nnja)
9: Ormsalva på tub (Svampen & C)
9: The Flying Spaghetti Monsters (Seretur & Aldwyn)
13: The Wavedashers (Zgetto & Adam)
13: NGCXX & Samochan (NGCXX & Samochan)
13: Blackaxe Team (Cless & Aska)
13: **** in Progress (DJ Black & Tonberry)
17: Knull (TD & GsE)
17: EZPZ (Cpt Z & Mr P)
17: Thieum & Dou! (Thieum & Dou!)
17: Do a barrel roll (Dax & Chor)
17: Smisk & Pisk (Fisk & VJ)
17: UGS Mindgames (Android & Smasher89)
17: PC Knol (Jeffzor & Utto)
17: Finnish him (Ijuka & Best)
25: Low tier ftw (Luma & Exalador)
25: Thomas & Acherontic (Thomas & Acherontic)
25: Club Geeli (Peki & NHJ)
25: Kakelugnarna (Widde & Nintenkai)
25: Osxcar & Mellis (Osxcar & Mellis)
25: Double haxxorz (Hack & JD)
25: Svette Gardinplyndrere (Flikkflakk & Efen)
25: Palestine (Uchicha & Povilfred)
33: Ying & Senkai (Ying & Senkai)
33: Fittajävel (Dev & Dual)
33: Orphans (MasterTK & Udikku)
33: Team Danish (Stelzig & Tomber)
33: NorskeNouva (Norskelink & Inouva)
33: Team Amstel (Rens & Ivo)
33: DSD9 & Coey (DSD9 & Coey)
33: Flammande Rosen (Flareblade & Roos)
33: Kone and his lacky (Jam & Kone)
33: Team JO3 is gay (JO3 & Reacher)
33: Stormblast & Captain Nintendo (Stormblast & Captain Nintendo)
33: WOA (Marcus_90 & Gaylink)
33: Eksjö smashers (RPG & Smasherkik)
33: KBF & Killingmachine (KBF & Killingmachine)
33: Våldta småflickor (Neophos & Fore)
33: Down B & Reffie (Down A & Reffie)
49: Män i kvinnokläder (Marte & Blackmoose)
49: Arcwind (Kohake & Arc)
49: Riku & Serpit (Riku & Serpit)
49: Brommapojkarna (Q & Randomness)
49: Om, om är bra (Wilvarin & Pebbles)
49: Kman & Frostbyte (Kman & Frostbyte)
49: Zampoist (Zampa & Echoist)
49: Supermarket (Micky & Boo)
49: Frikandel & Mayo (RoyFUM & Raikacchi)
49: Team faapaa (Aeon & Ogiwara)
49: Kawaii Squadron (Shin & Darkfrog)
49: Ryuker & Foxololol (Ryuker & Foxololol)
49: Totte & Ironass (Totte & Ironass)
49: STFU (Captain Smashie & Golfey)
49: Katthäst (Tin & Onito)
49: Halohummer (Imperfect & Madlobster)

Singles (bracket):

1: 1-1 Amsah (£0.00)
2: 2-1 Aldwyn (£0.00)
3: 6-2 Helios (£0.00)
4: 2-2 Armada
5: 7-1 Masamune
5: 8-1 Faab
7: 6-1 Ek
7: 7-2 JD
9: 6-3 Makenshi
9: 2-3 Svampen
9: 5-2 Jadde
9: 8-2 C
13: 4-2 Nnja
13: 1-3 Tonberry
13: 3-2 Seretur
13: 4-3 Yuna
17: 4-1 Ivo
17: 5-1 Charles
17: 3-1 Smash Alex
17: 3-3 Calle W
17: 6-4 Aska
17: 2-4 Cpt Z
17: 5-3 Chor
17: 1-2 Niam
25: 1-4 Rens
25: 8-4 Peki
25: 5-4 Fox128
25: 4-4 Aniolas
25: 7-3 Kriz
25: 8-3 TD
25: 3-4 Clemj
25: 7-4 Zgetto
(X-Y being pool number and placing)

Regional battles:

1: Sweden
2: Holland
3: France
3: Norway
5: Finland
5: UK

Singles had 132 entrants, and there were 64 teams.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seretur - You are the most unpolite person I've ever met at a tournament, and I know I speak for many people when I say this.
Just to clarify a few things; I slept an average of 5 hours a night on a sweaty matress, waking up every hour or so having to blow my nose and drink water. I had one of the hardest pools in Round 2, and I had Amsah in my part of the bracket.

Over to something completely different. I must say I absolutely loved the german, dutch, french, english, scottish, icelandic, finnish, norwegian, danish, austrian and of course swedish smashers at this tourney. Actually, the rest of the italians were awesome too =)

<3 All the nice, funny and/or crazy people I talked to, you really helped me get through this week. Hope to see you sometime again in the future, with or without smash.
Until then, bye bye =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom