• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rebooted Evolving SSB Roster Game

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Pupp135 Pupp135 9
BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54 4
nirvanafan nirvanafan 2
BowserKing BowserKing 3
Otoad64 Otoad64 1
darkvortex darkvortex 3
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 5
Louie G. Louie G. 14
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap 7

Louie G. wins this round, I get second, and Northsouthmap gets third. Louie G. gets five points, I get three, and Northsouthmap gets 1.
Here is the leaderboard.
1. Louie G. 24
2. Pupp135 15
3. Northsouthmap 10
4. Darkvortex 8
5. Otoad64 4
6. DragonRobotKing26 1
7. BritishGuy54, nirvanafan, BowserKing

Round 7: Add 5 characters of your choice (open ended).
:ultmario::ultpeach::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:
:ultsamus::ultlucina::ultbyleth::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultwario::ultness:
:ultpikachu::ultlucario::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultfalcon::ultolimar::ultmiifighters::ultshulk::ultinkling:
:ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultryu::ultsonic::ultcloud::ultsora:
Additions: Diddy Kong, Ganondorf, King Dedede, Fox, Ness

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdk::ultyoshi: :ultwario::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:
:ultsamus::ultridley::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja::ultfalcon:
:ultmarth::ultrobin::ultbyleth::ultolimar::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultshulk:(:ultpyra:/:ultmythra:):ultinkling::ultpacman:
:ultryu::ultsonic::ultbayonetta:

Additions: :ultzelda:Zelda, :ultmetaknight:Meta Knight, :ultrobin:Robin, :ultfalcon:Captain Falcon, :ultfox:Fox

It’s about time to bulk up a little bit more. Zelda, and Meta Knight are the two big omissions I had on my roster. And I might as well throw Robin in there to better represent Fire Emblem.

It was also about time to bring in some more dormant faces. Fox and Captain Falcon managed to get in through being iconic, and having recent endeavours on the Switch, and leaving them out completely feels wrong.

I considered choosing a newcomer, but I thought I’d try to better bring in past content. Ness, Pit, and Little Mac barely missed out here too.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
:ultmario: :ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdk::ultwario: :ultfox: :ultolimar:
:ultpikachu: (Gholdengo) (Genesect):ultlink: :ultzelda: :ultganondorf:
:ultkirby: :ultmetaknight: :ultkingdedede::ultisabelle: (Nooklings) :ultinkling: (Octavio)
:ultsamus: :ultridley: (Alear):ultbyleth:(Sami):ultshulk:(Mio)
(Ayumi):ultpacman::ultsonic: (Shadow):ultcloud:(Master Chief)

Newcomers: :ultwario: :ultganondorf: :ultmetaknight: (Nooklings) (Octavio)

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Link
  6. Zelda
  7. Ganondorf
  8. Samus
  9. Ridley
  10. Kirby
  11. Meta Knight
  12. King Dedede
  13. Fox
  14. Pikachu
  15. Mewtwo
  16. Pokemon Trainer
  17. Greninja
  18. Captain Falcon
  19. Ness
  20. Inkling
  21. Olimar
  22. Isabelle
  23. Marth
  24. Donkey Kong
  25. King K Rool
  26. Yoshi
  27. Wario
  28. Shulk
  29. Ryu
  30. Mega Man
  31. Sonic
  32. Pac-Man
  33. Steve

Newcomers: Fox, Ness, Zelda, Meta Knight, Pokemon Trainer

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Donkey Kong
  6. Diddy Kong
  7. Duck Hunt Duo
  8. Link
  9. Zelda
  10. Ganondorf
  11. Samus
  12. Ridley
  13. Marth
  14. Chrom
  15. Kirby
  16. King Dedede
  17. Meta Knight
  18. Bandana Waddle Dee
  19. Fox
  20. Pikachu
  21. Heracross
  22. Ness
  23. Captain Falcon
  24. Inkling
  25. Octoling
  26. Villager
  27. Isabelle
  28. Pit
  29. Sonic
  30. Mega Man
  31. Pac-Man
  32. Cloud
  33. Simon Belmont

Louie G.

Smash Hero
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultdk::ultfalcon::ultolimar::ultinkling:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultridley::ultpit::ultfox::ultisabelle: (Tom Nook)
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultness::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultshulk::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja:
:ultpacman::ultsonic: ‎(Chun-Li):ultcloud::ultsimon:

Newcomers: Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Tom Nook, Ness, Robin

Boosted two major series with a second character, and added the three remaning series from the original game. I was going to add Diddy Kong, but then I realized I didn't have Yoshi yet so... that's that. Diddy and Meta Knight are next on deck for whenever I get the opportunity to build on these series again. With Little Mac and Mr. Game & Watch narrowly missing the cut for new series.

I felt that Fire Emblem started to look a little barren with just Lucina, so Robin is here too. I considered Ike so that I'd be able to cover more of the series, or even Lyn, but Awakening or not I feel Robin adds the most variety to the cast as a mage. Nook is my first first-party newcomer, one of the most significant characters absent from the real Smash games. Personally it excites me more to represent him and Isabelle over Villager, so that's where my focus will lie for now. Animal Crossing is certainly big enough to sustain it and honestly I think he's got a lot of potential to be unique.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Otoad
2. Mine
3. Britishguy

Otoad's roster has rounded out very nicely, we've got a lot of choices in common. The addition of Doom Slayer over some absent characters threw me initially but I've warmed up to it as the roster grows. Same with Britishguy and Bayonetta, who I'm honestly not that fond of, but I like some of the other choices here and it at least makes sense. darkvortex is solid too, kind of a coin toss.

Shoutouts to nirvanafan for the addition of new Animal Crossing and Splatoon characters, but it's a little too different for my comfort where I've had trouble supporting it yet. Pupp's roster is quite strong although the lack of new Pokemon is starting to show. I'm personally not a big fan of the way Lucario is portrayed in Smash so significance aside, him being the only other accompanying choice isn't exciting me much.

Also I guess Pokemon Trainer counts as one character? I would have added him sooner if I had known that, I read back on the last time this was run and the rules said he was gonna count as three separate characters. Guess I'll keep that in mind moving forward.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
Round 7:
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultbowser::ultdk::ultyoshi::ultwario:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultridley::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultfox:
:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja::ultmarth::ultrobin::ultbyleth:[Alear]:ultolimar::ultfalcon:
:ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultshulk:(:ultpyra:/:ultmythra:):ultinkling::ultpacman::ultryu:[Chun-Li]:ultsonic:
:ultbayonetta:

Additions: Alear, Chun-Li, :ultdaisy:Daisy, :ultrosalina:Rosalina

This is where the game starts getting hard. The foundation may be done, but now we have some curveballs coming in.

Daisy and Rosalina are both here, and with how prevalent the Mario series is, it makes sense to bring them in. Daisy being here also makes it my first clone of the roster.

I also finally have some newcomers. Alear is one of them, from Fire Emblem Engage, bringing the FE cast to four. I could probably justify one more, and that may be it.

The second is Chun-Li, and considering she’s incredibly iconic, she feels like a character who should have been in Ultimate, but wasn’t.

I can’t deny that another Pokémon or two really should get in, as well as DK.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
:ultmario: :ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdk::ultwario: :ultfox: :ultolimar:
:ultpikachu: (Gholdengo) (Genesect):ultlink: :ultzelda: :ultganondorf:
:ultkirby: :ultmetaknight: :ultkingdedede::ultisabelle: (Nooklings) :ultinkling: (Octavio)
:ultsamus: :ultridley: (Alear):ultbyleth::ultrobinf:(Sami):ultshulk: (:ultpyra:/:ultmythra:) (Mio)
(Ayumi):ultpacman::ultsonic: (Shadow):ultcloud: (Lara Croft) (Master Chief)

Newcomers - (:ultpyra: / :ultmythra: also treating as 2 fighters) :ultrobinf: , (Lara Croft)

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Donkey Kong
  6. Diddy Kong
  7. Duck Hunt Duo
  8. Link
  9. Zelda
  10. Ganondorf
  11. Midna
  12. Samus
  13. Zero Suit Samus
  14. Ridley
  15. Marth
  16. Chrom
  17. Kirby
  18. King Dedede
  19. Meta Knight
  20. Bandana Waddle Dee
  21. Fox
  22. Krystal
  23. Pikachu
  24. Heracross
  25. Ness
  26. Captain Falcon
  27. Inkling
  28. Octoling
  29. Villager
  30. Isabelle
  31. Pit
  32. Pac-Man
  33. Sonic
  34. Arle
  35. Mega Man
  36. Cloud
  37. Simon Belmont

Louie G.

Smash Hero
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultdk::ultfalcon::ultolimar::ultinkling:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultridley::ultpit::ultfox::ultisabelle: (Tom Nook)
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultness: :ultwiifittrainer: (Lyn) :ultlucina::ultrobin::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja:
:ultshulk:(:ultpyra:/:ultmythra:) :ultpacman::ultsonic: (Arle) ‎(Chun-Li):ultcloud::ultsimon:

New: Wii Fit Trainer, Lyn, Pyra / Mythra, Arle

Having some fun with these picks, and threw in a couple new faces on top. I decided to count Pyra and Mythra as one fighter, simply because other people already have. If that's an issue then I'll adjust accordingly, but I'd rather not limit myself if other people have been able to capitalize on this already. Wii Fit Trainer is some well needed quirkiness on an otherwise fairly safe roster, I've been wanting to add a "surprise" pick and I think this is a strong one.

For newcomers, I decided to add Lyn and Arle. I felt a bit guilty about keeping FE limited to just Awakening characters, so let's add a fan favorite series icon whose playstyle could also be quite unique. She can unsheathe her katana and can also use a bow. Arle is a personal favorite of mine, and one that I think is strongly justified. Puyo Puyo has a long history with Nintendo, is one of Sega's biggest IPs (especially in Japan) and is one of the most influential titles in a genre that has otherwise gotten nothing substantial on the roster.

I considered someone new from Splatoon, and I really would like to add that soon. But it involves some degree of swap mechanic and I'd rather not press my luck right now after adding Pyra and Mythra. They can wait til the next opportunity.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Link
  6. Zelda
  7. Ganondorf
  8. Samus
  9. Ridley
  10. Kirby
  11. Meta Knight
  12. King Dedede
  13. Fox
  14. Pikachu
  15. Mewtwo
  16. Pokemon Trainer
  17. Greninja
  18. Captain Falcon
  19. Ness
  20. Inkling
  21. Octoling
  22. Olimar
  23. Isabelle
  24. Marth
  25. Robin
  26. Donkey Kong
  27. King K Rool
  28. Yoshi
  29. Wario
  30. Shulk
  31. Pyra/Mythra
  32. Ryu
  33. Chun-Li
  34. Mega Man
  35. Sonic
  36. Pac-Man
  37. Steve

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the rosters:

Pupp135 Pupp135
:ultmario::ultpeach::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:
:ultsamus::ultlucina::ultbyleth::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultwario::ultness:
:ultpikachu::ultlucario::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultfalcon::ulticeclimbers::ultolimar::ultshulk:(:ultmythra:/:ultpyra:)
:ultinkling:Octoling:ultmiifighters::ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultryu::ultsonic::ultcloud::ultsora:

BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultbowser::ultdk::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultfox:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultridley::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultolimar::ultfalcon:
:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja::ultmarth::ultrobin::ultbyleth:[Alear]:ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultshulk:
(:ultpyra:/:ultmythra:):ultinkling::ultpacman::ultryu:[Chun-Li]:ultsonic::ultbayonetta:

nirvanafan nirvanafan
:ultmario: :ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdk::ultwario: :ultfox: :ultolimar::ultpikachu: (Gholdengo) (Genesect)
:ultlink: :ultzelda: :ultganondorf::ultkirby: :ultmetaknight: :ultkingdedede::ultisabelle: (Nooklings) :ultinkling: (Octavio)
:ultsamus: :ultridley: (Alear):ultbyleth::ultrobinf:(Sami):ultshulk: (:ultpyra:/:ultmythra:) (Mio)
(Ayumi):ultpacman::ultsonic: (Shadow):ultcloud: (Lara Croft) (Master Chief)

BowserKing BowserKing
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultrosalina::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultyoshi::ultsamus::ultridley:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:(Midna):ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultfalco::ulticeclimbers:
:ultpikachu::249::ultlucario::ultincineroar:(Boltund) (Tinkaton):ultlucina::ultcorrinf::ultolimar::ultisabelle:
:ultinkling::ultminmin:ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultsteve: (Shantae)

Otoad64 Otoad64
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultdk::ultdiddy:(Dixie Kong):ultgnw:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultridley::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultfalcon::ultness:
:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja:(Tinkaton):ultmarth::ultrobin::ultolimar::ultisabelle::ultwiifittrainer::ultshulk:
:ultinkling:(Callie & Marie):ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultryu:(Doom Slayer)

darkvortex darkvortex
:ultmario::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultluigi::ultdk::ultdiddy:(Dixie Kong):ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:
:ultsamus::ultridley::ultchrom::ultbyleth::ultyoshi::ultfalcon::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultfox::ultisabelle:
:ultwario:(Ashley):ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight::ultpikachu::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultolimar:(:ultpyra: \ :ultmythra:)
:ultinkling::ultpacman::ultryu::ulthero::ultsonic::ultsteve::ultbayonetta:

DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:(Midna)
:ultsamus::ultridley::ultzss::ultmarth::ultchrom::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:(Bandana Waddle Dee):ultduckhunt:
:ultfox:(Krystal):ultpikachu:(Heracross):ultness::ultfalcon::ultinkling:(Octoling):ultvillager::ultisabelle:
:ultpit::ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultsimon:(Arle):ultsonic::ultcloud:

Louie G. Louie G.
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultness: :ultwiifittrainer: (Lyn) :ultlucina::ultrobin::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja:
:ultshulk:(:ultpyra:/:ultmythra:) :ultpacman::ultsonic: (Arle) ‎(Chun-Li):ultcloud::ultsimon:

Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdk::ultkrool::ultlink::ultganondorf::ultzelda::ultfalcon:
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja::ultpokemontrainer::ultsamus::ultridley::ultfox:
:ultness::ultinkling:(Octoling):ultolimar::ultisabelle::ultmarth::ultrobinf::ultyoshi::ultshulk:(:ultpyra:/:ultmythra:)
:ultwario::ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultryu:(Chun-Li):ultsonic::ultsteve:

Vote for your three favorites, where yours is not first.
1. OToad64
2. Louie G.
3. Nirvanafan

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Otoad
2. Mine
3. Northsoupmap

I like the way Northsouthmap's roster is coming together, some recent additions have rounded it out nicely and initially I was a bit skeptical of K. Rool taking precedent over Diddy, but truth be told I like him better. I like that Chun-Li is there and the Marth / Robin dichotomy is what I'm looking for in the FE lineup right now. Britishguy taps into this too, although four FE characters is just teetering on a bit much right now. Especially without Ike.

Originally I had North in first, but I switched gears to favor Otoad. This roster has some great variety, inspired new additions and feels pretty nicely balanced. I'm not sure if I'd have added Dixie Kong yet but it's a solid addition, especially within this recent prompt. Room for both Mr. G&W and Wii Fit Trainer is appreciated, Tinkaton is one of my favorite recent Pokemon (I love hammers) and Callie & Marie are not my first choice for Splatoon idols but I'm glad someone else was thinking about it.

Pupp's deserves a special mention, I think it feels nicely balanced for the most part but am still holding out a bit for another Pokemon and curious which one they would opt for. I like darkvortex as well but wish Shulk was there, and I prefer Robin to Byleth at this stage. Shoutout to DragonRobotKing for having some of my favorite newcomer choices, but is feeling a little bit unbalanced in some areas.

Last edited:
Top Bottom