• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rebooted Evolving SSB Roster Game

Louie G.

Smash Hero
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdk::ultwario:
:ultlink::ultinkling::ultsamus::ultisabelle::ultolimar:
:ultkirby::ultlucina::ultpikachu::ultpacman::ultsonic:

Red / Pink - Peach
Yellow - PAC-MAN
Blue - Sonic

Would like to be a bit more creative here, might tweak it if I come up with anything more compelling, but this feels good to me. I try to prioritize first party characters first and foremost, but the Sonic / Pac-Man bait was there and I took it. They might be the two most essential guest characters so even on a roster this small they don't feel very out of place. Was going to add Peach as early as last round so I'll just follow through here.

Also sorry, hope it's okay that I rearranged it to look neater - I'll continue to specify who I added.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
  1. Mario
  2. Peach
  3. Link
  4. Samus
  5. Kirby
  6. Pikachu
  7. Inkling
  8. Olimar
  9. Isabelle
  10. Marth
  11. Yoshi
  12. Wario
  13. Shulk
  14. Ryu
  15. Sonic
Tried to pick fighters that have games on or will be on the Switch.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. darkvortex
2. Me
3. Otoad

Lots of rosters feel like they improved pretty significantly after this second round. Runner-up shoutout to DragonRobotKing for being the most improved, now with two heavies, although the lack of DK and Olimar is being felt. Shoutouts for Dedede, though. I like Northsouthmap's roster, although I'd throw a heavy on that one too.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Pupp135 Pupp135 12
BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54 3
nirvanafan nirvanafan 1
BowserKing BowserKing 2
Otoad64 Otoad64 2
darkvortex darkvortex 15
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 5
Louie G. Louie G. 12
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap 2

Darkvortex wins this round, and Louie G. and I tied for second. Darvortex gets 5 points, and the others get 3, and here is the new leaderboard:
1. Darkvortex, Louie G. 8
3. Pupp135 6
4. Otoad64 3
5. BritishGuy54, nirvanafan, BowserKing, DragonRobotKing26, Northsouthmap

Round 3: Add 4 characters from series represented on your roster.
:ultmario::ultpeach::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultdk::ultlink::ultzelda:
:ultsamus::ultbyleth::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultlucario::ultvillager::ultisabelle:
:ultfalcon::ultmiifighters::ultshulk::ultinkling::ultsonic:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdk::ultwario:
:ultlink::ultganondorf::ultinkling::ultsamus::ultisabelle::ultolimar:
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultlucina::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultpacman::ultsonic:

New: Bowser, Ganondorf, King Dedede and Mewtwo

I was a bit worried that I made the wrong move prioritizing the Mario crew so early, but this works out pretty well because I do think the "core four" Mario characters are absolutely essential. This time I'm gonna take the opportunity to build up our villains / rivals. I contemplated building on a few other series but I believe these should take precedent, and the four I chose to distribute to are arguably Smash's four central series. Coincidentally, Bowser / Dedede / Mewtwo make up the notorious trio of characters who almost made it into Smash 64. And then Ganondorf can be here too, why not.

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
Round 4:
:ultmario: :ultluigi::ultbowser::ultdk::ultyoshi:
:ultwario::ultlink: :ultsamus: :ultkirby::ultpikachu:
:ultmewtwo::ultmarth::ultbyleth::ultvillager::ultolimar:
:ultshulk:(:ultpyra:/ :ultmythra: ):ultinkling::ultsonic:

In terms of new faces, we have Luigi and Bowser from the Mario series, along with Mewtwo for Pokémon and Byleth for Fire Emblem. Peach almost made it in, but I thought I would give other franchises some characters too.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Link
  6. Ganondorf
  7. Samus
  8. Kirby
  9. Pikachu
  10. Mewtwo
  11. Inkling
  12. Olimar
  13. Isabelle
  14. Marth
  15. Yoshi
  16. Wario
  17. Shulk
  18. Ryu
  19. Sonic

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
:ultmario: :ultpeach: :ultdk: :ultpikachu: (Gholdengo) (Genesect)
:ultlink: :ultzelda: :ultkirby: :ultisabelle: :ultinkling::ultsamus:
(Alear) (Mio) :ultolimar: (Sami) (Ayumi)
:ultsonic: (Shadow)

Newcomers - :ultdk: (Genesect) :ultzelda: (Shadow)

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. darkvortex
2. Mine
3. Pupp

I was considering voting Nortthsouthmap, but Donkey Kong is still missing! That's a bit too massive of an absence to ignore, so they just missed the list. I hope Pupp will be able to add Olimar soon as well, but that wasn't as much of a dealbreaker - I'm still missing Xenoblade myself, I've been waiting for a good opportunity to mend that. Otherwise darkvortex and Otoad have been striking similar strengths for me, but I don't wanna just keep voting them every match. I went more for vortex this time because it bucks the trend a little bit more and I think the addition of Peach is valuable.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes:
Pupp135 Pupp135 9
BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54 1
nirvanafan nirvanafan 1
BowserKing BowserKing 2
Otoad64 Otoad64 6
darkvortex darkvortex 7
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 1
Louie G. Louie G. 17
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap 10

Louie G. wins this round, and Northsouthmap and I get second and third respectively. Louie G. gets 5 points, Northsouthmap gets 3, and I get 1, and here is the new leaderboard:
1. Louie G. 13
2. Darkvortex 8
3. Pupp135 7
4. Otoad64, Northsouthmap 3
6. BritishGuy54, nirvanafan, BowserKing, DragonRobotKing26

Round 4: Add three third party characters, all of who are from different companies. Please note that you are allowed to add a character from a company already represented in previous rounds. For example, so can add Bayonetta even if Sonic was on the roster.

:ultmario::ultpeach::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultdk::ultlink::ultzelda::ultsamus:
:ultbyleth::ultfalcon::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultlucario::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultmiifighters:
:ultshulk::ultinkling::ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultsonic::ultcloud:

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
Round 4:
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultdk::ultwario::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby:
:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultmarth::ultbyleth::ultvillager::ultolimar::ultshulk:(:ultpyra:/:ultmythra:):ultinkling:
:ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultpacman::ultryu:
Time for the third parties. A pretty basic bunch, but I think it’s good.

People may think me choosing Ryu over Mega Man is odd, but he’s Ryu. And also pretty much Capcom’s mascot.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultlucina::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo:
‎ ‎:ultpacman::ultsonic: ‎(Chun-Li):ultcloud::ultsimon:

Trying to keep this roster visual as neat as possible before it goes off the rails. Will probably just have to dump all the newcomers in a lower row eventually.

Let me know if you'd rather me not give this spiel every time, but I like giving my reasoning. I hope nobody perceives it as an unfair advantage, I'd honestly really like to hear why everyone else is making the decisions they are too.

The newcomers are Chun-Li, Cloud and Simon. Making probably my boldest decision so far, I'm prioritizing a newcomer in Chun-Li over established characters like Mega Man and Ryu. For whatever it's worth, I'm hoping I can add the rest later (although nobody should really be voting with that in mind), but I wanted to try shaking my roster up with a newcomer so it didn't feel too safe. Ryu and Chun-Li occupy a similar space in their series, they're often used as co-leads and are equally iconic. So I think her significance and popularity justifies her well enough as is, and keeps this roster fresh.

The initiative here was to keep things diverse. A fighting game character, an RPG character, and another platformer albeit a much different style. I think maintaining variety in the genres we have on the roster keeps a wide amount of people happy and endorses more moveset variety. And now all of Nintendo's most significant Japanese partner companies are here.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultchrom::ultpit:
:ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultisabelle::ultolimar::ultpyra: \ :ultmythra::ultinkling:
:ultbowser::ultsonic::ultpacman::ultpeach::ultzelda::ultlucario::ultkingdedede:
:ultryu: :ulthero: :ultsteve:
I came close to adding like Crash or Doomguy but I decided to keep it more basic. Ryu and Hero rep huge franchises and companies. Hero was chosen because Dragon Quest is a huge series in Japan and he ads a unique playstyle. Steve is a character and franchise I have no attachment to but who is so big he broke the internet when he got added.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultlucina::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo:
‎ ‎:ultpacman::ultsonic: ‎(Chun-Li):ultcloud::ultsimon:

Trying to keep this roster visual as neat as possible before it goes off the rails. Will probably just have to dump all the newcomers in a lower row eventually.

Let me know if you'd rather me not give this spiel every time, but I like giving my reasoning. I hope nobody perceives it as an unfair advantage, I'd honestly really like to hear why everyone else is making the decisions they are too.

The newcomers are Chun-Li, Cloud and Simon. Making probably my boldest decision so far, I'm prioritizing a newcomer in Chun-Li over established characters like Mega Man and Ryu. For whatever it's worth, I'm hoping I can add the rest later (although nobody should really be voting with that in mind), but I wanted to try shaking my roster up with a newcomer so it didn't feel too safe. Ryu and Chun-Li occupy a similar space in their series, they're often used as co-leads and are equally iconic. So I think her significance and popularity justifies her well enough as is, and keeps this roster fresh.

The initiative here was to keep things diverse. A fighting game character, an RPG character, and another platformer albeit a much different style. I think maintaining variety in the genres we have on the roster keeps a wide amount of people happy and endorses more moveset variety. And now all of Nintendo's most significant Japanese partner companies are here.
Feel free to provide your reasoning. I think it’s nice to know what your thought process is.

Top Bottom