• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The reason why Fox and Falco are overpowered

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Just saying that something being old doesn't mean everyone already knows about it.

If everything needs a "practical use", then we can close this forum. This is just a fun fact, as it was whenever it was "new". I don't see how this being old changes anything.

leffen

Smash Champion
Well that's because Newton's laws still have practical uses. However, I don't see any practical uses for this information.
Yeah I agree

its not like there is something called archaeology

oh wait

also this was said in 1993, so im pretty damn sure when it was "new news" for you 2 finnish hipsters that it was actually already old

did that stop you from enjoying it then? thought so

hipsters man

Battlecow

Play to Win
Prosthetics let them run and fight

but this DEFINITELY explains the fall speeds. It FEELS like they have big metal weights strapped on to their legs, and HOLY **** they totally do.

Kal

Smash Champion
but this DEFINITELY explains the fall speeds. It FEELS like they have big metal weights strapped on to their legs, and HOLY **** they totally do.
Does it? I recall something about a leaning tower in Italy and some sort of physicist guy.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
What the....

I'm done. I'm selling my controller, and getting out. I've had it.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I heard this b4, i think people were talking about this a couple of weeks ago on the pm thread. But i am happy for the op pic to confirm.

Also this explains fox's up smash, falco's dair and falco's legs being invincible while charging dsmash

:phone:

Morin0

Smash Lord
Samus is really flexible, that's why she can curl into that ball.

wut

or at least that's what I remember reading

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I seriously thought this was common knowledge, I guess I was wrong.
I also doubt this thread would have gained interest if it wasn't started by a popular Melee player.

Oh well, kisses for the haters

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Fox's bair also invalidates every low tier in the game (for the most part).

Warhawk

Smash Lord
I mean pilots do legitimately pass out because all of the blood is in their feet instead of their head during a high G turn so I guess it gives their blood less potential distance to travel away from their brain, though actual pilots generally compensate for this by clenching their legs, not amputating them. I find this kind of creepy so when I play as them I'm going to pretend they're just boots and not prosthetic legs lol.

Top Bottom