• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Probable Character Roster 3.0 ^_^

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
well who here thinks Roy has a better shot then Wolf. Honestly I don't care because I doubt the game will have 50 characters in the end. Still what do you guys think?
I listened in, it's pretty cool. But who doubts Krystal will be in?
Check out the list again.
How about we just take off the precentile because we know Ness will not be in Brawl.
LOL
"-Sakurai has shown interest in her"
Comprehend to me how this is not on ridley And claus (Mentioned four times in sakurai's journal , Same as krystal.) And Comprehend Geno how he doesen't have it ? From what i can remember sakurai mentions them in the journal as "Interesting" And loads of things and whatnot so explain how does Krystal have this advantage when the others don't ? I Don't get that :/.

Zevox

Smash Lord
LOL
"-Sakurai has shown interest in her"
Comprehend to me how this is not on ridley And claus (Mentioned four times in sakurai's journal , Same as krystal.) And Comprehend Geno how he doesen't have it ? From what i can remember sakurai mentions them in the journal as "Interesting" And loads of things and whatnot so explain how does Krystal have this advantage when the others don't ? I Don't get that :/.
Last I checked, the others have the same thing, just worded differently ("on Sakurai's poll," which isn't under Krystal).

Zevox

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Last I checked, the others have the same thing, just worded differently ("on Sakurai's poll," which isn't under Krystal).

Zevox
Hmm that is true then , Now that "Japan only" Is claus's only disadvantage i think he should be moved up a bit but homeless can do what he wants with him :p ,ZOMGZORZ HE GOT MOVED UP! WEWT :p!

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
whats with sheik and olimar?theyhave the same percentage, but olimar isn't as probable...

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I don't know who half the people on this list are. I guess that's why most of them are in the lower half of the list :p

And on the subject of the WTF characters, well, see me sig.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Where are these numbers coming from? Is there a formula you're using?

Wouldn't it make more sense to use phrases like "Unlikely" or "Probable"?

XACE-K

Smash Master
I don't get it, Jiggly got her popularity from the shows yet you still don't lower her chances.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I don't get it, Jiggly got her popularity from the shows yet you still don't lower her chances.
Her chances are lowered , By 10% :laugh: And she was leaked in a Voice acting with Snake <_<.

eh? you took off Ness completely?
Yeah ness stinks...He's just lucas with a cap on , Maybe alternative costume :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ?

Where are these numbers coming from? Is there a formula you're using?

Wouldn't it make more sense to use phrases like "Unlikely" or "Probable"?
I Don't really get The color rankings either >.< , As for the number's he said there use to be a formula but then it changed into "Rough guesses" Which is pretty close and good sort of like rankings and whatnot , He uses them to show that it's not just another "COME IN HERE AND RATE MAI ROSTER ZOMG" Thread and an actualy "Community focus probability" Thread.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I really wish I could see what sort of algorithm you used to make up these numbers. :laugh: It's not a bad list, but the 80% for Issac from Golden Sun really throws me off. I mean, yeah, he is a good character and would be a welcome addition, but I don't see him taking priority over other people.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Yeah, I really wish I could see what sort of algorithm you used to make up these numbers. :laugh: It's not a bad list, but the 80% for Issac from Golden Sun really throws me off. I mean, yeah, he is a good character and would be a welcome addition, but I don't see him taking priority over other people.
Yeah, I'm still looking for the paper. It should be somewhere if I didn't throw it away. However I'm not going to do an extensive search over something so trivial. If it comes up, I'll post it up. Otherwise it probably won't ever see these forums.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Gimpy has said that wolf was not deconfirmed, and that was only a low res video that made Fox look like Wolf.

Anyway, my top 38 (counting Zamus/Samus and Sheik/Zelda together, 36 character slots) are all on this list. I disagree with a few (eg. WW Link) but meh, what can I do about it.

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
People should be infracted for making ridiculous lies like this. I'm pming Gimpyfish right now. Oh, and Tails wont be in Brawl. Not 'till SSB7.
i never said he would be i don't even like him any more your real cool
for juging some one from there name yea i use to like him but not any
more and my bad for the wolf thing i didn't know

Pengie

Smash Lord
I'd like to point out for Lucario that 4th Gen pokes can be seen in the background of Pokemon Stadium 2 and I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Not only that, but 4th gen Pokemon are in Pokeballs, and the Pokemon series icon was changed in the middle of development to the emblem on Diamond/Pearl's touch screen during battles. To me, it would be odd for this Diamond/Pearl icon to be used only on 1st gen characters...

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Bleh, when did Wolf get put back on >.> Surely there has to be someone more worthy, although I can't think of it off the top of my head right now :dizzy: I guess it doesn't matter *that* much anyway since there's no way it'll go to 50 characters in the actual game, but still, Wolf bugs me for some reason. *sigh*

Nintendo_Rockstar

Smash Cadet
Bowser Jr. has way better chances! Like 75-85% Mario series deserves to have 5 reps (if they take out Dr. Mario) and 6 reps doesn't sound bad either (considering they'll keep Dr. Mario and add Junior aswell)...

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
sweet bomberman =) i dont think he was on the list last time i checked here....he would be sweet but....bombs everywhere would cause much chaos. im getting a little uneasy about the length of the delay in the char updates if we are getting any more at all that is.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Like i have said earlier i REALLY Like this list but i think falco should be moved down with claus (Even through i support him now...) You see it has to do with overpopulation:
Think on it , All the series in melee either had this:
1.More characters in the series were starters instead of unlockables.
2.All of the series was Unlockable/Starter.
The only one that got away with that is pokemon :ohwell:..BUT It was rumored that mewtwo was suppose to be a starter...Hmm so basically with that theory in mind it's VERY Unlikely that a small series like Starfox will get 2 Unlockable reps and think of it...To nintendo Starfox is a grain of dirt in were animal crossing has sold X4 Of it etc etc...So IF Sakurai wants to put them both in he would have to make one a starter right ? Here's were the real problem is.

Ahh yes the starting line-up , With only 3-6 spots left probably...For all we now it could be done and falco might be ... R.I.P D:.
Hmm so let's put in 2-3 obvious starters shall we ? Captain falcon , ACer (Probable.) And don't forget the awsome Olimar (Or new icon.) This already adds up to what ? 3 This doesen't leave quite a lot of spaces for krystal or falco so it does heavy falco's chances , And even if they have a starter what about it getting 3 reps ? See there is a LOT Into the overpopulation rule on his chances , I'd just say lower him down to Claus's Isaac's and WW Link leve and put them all at the same color rank :p But that's just what i think...

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Like i have said earlier i REALLY Like this list but i think falco should be moved down with claus (Even through i support him now...) You see it has to do with overpopulation:
Think on it , All the series in melee either had this:
1.More characters in the series were starters instead of unlockables.
2.All of the series was Unlockable/Starter.
The only one that got away with that is pokemon :ohwell:..BUT It was rumored that mewtwo was suppose to be a starter...Hmm so basically with that theory in mind it's VERY Unlikely that a small series like Starfox will get 2 Unlockable reps and think of it...To nintendo Starfox is a grain of dirt in were animal crossing has sold X4 Of it etc etc...So IF Sakurai wants to put them both in he would have to make one a starter right ? Here's were the real problem is.

Ahh yes the starting line-up , With only 3-6 spots left probably...For all we now it could be done and falco might be ... R.I.P D:.
Hmm so let's put in 2-3 obvious starters shall we ? Captain falcon , ACer (Probable.) And don't forget the awsome Olimar (Or new icon.) This already adds up to what ? 3 This doesen't leave quite a lot of spaces for krystal or falco so it does heavy falco's chances , And even if they have a starter what about it getting 3 reps ? See there is a LOT Into the overpopulation rule on his chances , I'd just say lower him down to Claus's Isaac's and WW Link leve and put them all at the same color rank :p But that's just what i think...
uh meh, who said Krystal wasn't a starter? ACer, you mean Animal Crossing? I thought I already killed the Ac hopes...multiple times. The Icon means nothing...then again of course a walking DS only makes sense :p

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
uh meh, who said Krystal wasn't a starter? ACer, you mean Animal Crossing? I thought I already killed the Ac hopes...multiple times. The Icon means nothing...then again of course a walking DS only makes sense :p
I Meant as in how SF Is a small grain of dirt to nintendo and might not get as much "Representation" + Sakurai has been easing up on showing unlockables (Dedede is likely one.) And finishing the starting roster so this put's quite a "Hole" For the small franchise , While i do also like falco that DOES Rule against him with overpopulation.(I Wasn't trying to bring the inclusion of an ACer back to the roster even through his franchise sells hmm 4X Moar then SF ? I Was just merely comparing it to show that it is also a small part to nintendo.) And i think your giving him over-credited , Not an offence but this acts as quite a wall until sakurai reveals the starting roster.

Top Bottom