• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Possible Brawl Wavedash/land, Dashlanding.

The odds of his thread being "usefull" can theoretically be calculable. It is EXTREMELY (can't find a more extreme word than extremely) unlikely, but since this probability is a real number, in truely infinite quantity of scenarios, all scenarios must occur.

That's like saying i'll win the lottery 5 million times in a row. Since I can calculate these odds, in an infinite amount of attemtps to replicate this, it MUST happen.
I know and am familiar with this theory. But I don't believe it to be true. If EVERY possibility were to come true, then there would be a replica universe where the only thing different was 8000 years ago, a coconut fell from a tree, when in this world, it stayed where it was. Such a simple change, and yet, there is a whole other replica universe playing out exactly the same as ours with nothing changing, except for that one coconut. (Unless, of course, the butterfly effect were to occur. But that doesn't always happen.) There would even be a world for the chance that I bought a blue mouse-pad instead of a green one. Nothing else would change to be different from our world! This would have to be true regardless of the butterfly effect, because there is always a chance the butterfly effect won't take effect, depending on the importance of the change. So if that world were to follow the chance the butterfly effect wouldn't occur, then that world would be exactly the same except for my mouse-pad. Sounds like pointless repetition to me. So I don't think that law is as valuable as some others that are more relevant to this universe.
Aw... no one realized what, or actually who "Ciao!" was a reference to. The first person that does gets a cookie! ...Ciao!

Frate

Smash Journeyman
I will not waste my time criticizing or insulting Mr. Rogu as 1) he is unlikely to change, and 2) Rogu probably revels in the letters of shock and repulsion that he regularly receives. Instead, I will focus on his uncivilized, ignominious ploys, which, after all, are the things that recruit and encourage young people to crush any semblance of opposition to his stentorian publications, just as older drug dealers use young kids to push drugs. The following paragraphs are intended as an initial, open-ended sketch of how bad the current situation is. He dreams of a time when he'll be free to change this country's moral infrastructure. That's the way he's planned it and that's the way it'll happen -- not may happen but will happen -- if we don't interfere, if we don't get my message about Rogu out to the world. Worse yet, he wants to fragment the nation into politically disharmonious units. For one thing, his satraps merely present their allegations as though they were true, a technique known as a "conclusory" or "Kierkegaardian" leap. But more importantly, he has been trying for quite some time to convince us that there is wavedashing in brawl. I suggest he take this rotting ordure and dump it where he and his fellow ethically bankrupt grifters congregate. At least then we could find the common ground that enables others to criticize his theatrics publicly for their formalistic categories, their spurious claims of neutrality, and their blindness to the abuse of private power without having to worry that he will provide cover for an indecent, venom-spouting agenda. After having read this, you may think that most pundits are uncertain about the magnitude of the threat posed by Mr. Rogu's policies. Nevertheless, you should always remember that if Rogu is allowed to conceal information and, occasionally, blatantly lie, the implications can be widespread.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I will not waste my time criticizing or insulting Mr. Rogu as 1) he is unlikely to change, and 2) Rogu probably revels in the letters of shock and repulsion that he regularly receives. Instead, I will focus on his uncivilized, ignominious ploys, which, after all, are the things that recruit and encourage young people to crush any semblance of opposition to his stentorian publications, just as older drug dealers use young kids to push drugs. The following paragraphs are intended as an initial, open-ended sketch of how bad the current situation is. He dreams of a time when he'll be free to change this country's moral infrastructure. That's the way he's planned it and that's the way it'll happen -- not may happen but will happen -- if we don't interfere, if we don't get my message about Rogu out to the world. Worse yet, he wants to fragment the nation into politically disharmonious units. For one thing, his satraps merely present their allegations as though they were true, a technique known as a "conclusory" or "Kierkegaardian" leap. But more importantly, he has been trying for quite some time to convince us that there is wavedashing in brawl. I suggest he take this rotting ordure and dump it where he and his fellow ethically bankrupt grifters congregate. At least then we could find the common ground that enables others to criticize his theatrics publicly for their formalistic categories, their spurious claims of neutrality, and their blindness to the abuse of private power without having to worry that he will provide cover for an indecent, venom-spouting agenda. After having read this, you may think that most pundits are uncertain about the magnitude of the threat posed by Mr. Rogu's policies. Nevertheless, you should always remember that if Rogu is allowed to conceal information and, occasionally, blatantly lie, the implications can be widespread.
:rotfl: u wasted about an hour of your life typing up this ridiculously pointless paragraph trying to sound like u know what the hell everyone else has criticized mr. rogu about when all he doing is trying to bring a tiny ****ing bit of hope to brawl because all the meleeist cut themselves because there is no wavedashing. **** at least give him some credit for attempting to find something because all of u are to **** lazy to find or publish anything. At least he is taking all this **** really good because aint responding to any of u people

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
what the crap??? what did i do to you??? at least im trying to find a type of wavedash/land in brawl. all your doing is whining like a meleeist. apparently im uncivilized and wanting to control the country with my ideas. bull crap. sry im expressing my discovery like i can cuz its a free country. you sir are a moron for thinking these things. go bully a 3 year old cause he has candy that you want.

There is very little relevance of what you are saying to this thread. But if you were trying to seem smart, don't worry because you did; at least until I actually read it.

KoalaBear

Smash Apprentice
Since that hoser SamuraiPanda insists: Despite not really being a new AT persay, it does have some useful applications. For characters that have low traction, you can do this into a sort of hyphen smash that uses the air momentum rather than a dash momentum for the movement.

Here's my contribution to lighten up the thread now:
A more accurate representation of the youtube video for everyone's pleasure:

Well we were gonna fix that now thar this weekend but naaaaaaay someone *cough panda cough* decides to not have people over to play hmmmmmmmm?
this made my day

Jun.

Smash Lord
its blatantly obvious that OP hasn't understood the use of wd in melee

someone needs to seriously do something about the brawl tactical board....

Personally I find this technique better as an opening fake than anything used for moving. Opening Fake, followed by a running or quick projectile attack (or a Pivot Grab) is a fun beginning to a match.
...Ciao!

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Personally I find this technique better as an opening fake than anything used for moving. Opening Fake, followed by a running or quick projectile attack (or a Pivot Grab) is a fun beginning to a match.
...Ciao!
So after I LMAOed, that's exactly what I thought... a fake for mindgames, and even then, I don't know about that.

But back to the LMAO. You wanna know why I LMAOed? Because I thought this was going to be some ground-breaking maneuver, and the music to the video was just awesome, making you think that the new Brawl AT was going to be awesome, and then all you see is wario jumping around.

LMAO!!!:laugh:

Crow!

Smash Lord
I, too, failed to acknowledge that there was anything even remotely similar to an advanced technique occuring in that video. I didn't even see the slide that is allegedly happening.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Ok, I saw a bit of sliding but how could this technique be applied to the game at all? It's not as subtle the Wavedash of Melee and doesn't look a bit useful. It's interesting, I'll give it that, but how is it useful? But the Warios raving at the beginning was funny.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ok, I saw a bit of sliding but how could this technique be applied to the game at all? It's not as subtle the Wavedash of Melee and doesn't look a bit useful. It's interesting, I'll give it that, but how is it useful? But the Warios raving at the beginning was funny.
congratulations u r the first person to not flame us to hell but to answer your question this is still in development we just found it out we dont know its full extent YET

toktomo

Smash Cadet
///....

lol this thread = fail

i admit, nice try, nice try lol.

-__- yay

lol, this thread still is epic fail. lol

Scala

Smash Ace
congratulations u r the first person to not flame us to hell but to answer your question this is still in development we just found it out we dont know its full extent YET
Wait wait wait. You're still researching this? Do you realize that the general population realizes that this is not an AT and lots of us have been using this for months already? *There's nothing to find*

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
if u dont wnt him to waste ur time y did u bother to look @ this thread and it upmost not utmost
You lose at life.

Utmost. Upmost isn't even a word. Up-most, maybe, as in: "Hi, I'm ORI, I would like the 7' dildo, it's the one that's up-most on the wall behind you."

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
This works for one mind game I use a lot.

When an opponent is blatantly trying to shield grab you. short hop in front of him and air dodge to the other side of his shield right before you land. Half of the time your opponent will go for the grab and you can finish him off with a Smash attack.

Oh, and this guy never called this an AT he called it a tactic so stop misquoting him.

xiferp

Smash Apprentice
God-is-my-Rock, check out the youtube video again. The very start, please.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
This works for one mind game I use a lot.

When an opponent is blatantly trying to shield grab you. short hop in front of him and air dodge to the other side of his shield right before you land. Half of the time your opponent will go for the grab and you can finish him off with a Smash attack.

Oh, and this guy never called this an AT he called it a tactic so stop misquoting him.
thank you. people, i never said this was an AT. i just thought this might be useful in matches.

You lose at life.
Says the person who has nothing better to do at 1:29 in the morning than be here flaming someone. Yes, you corrected an error. Now that you have completed your simple way of feeling better about yourself, leave. Oh, and I forgot, everything about your signature is wrong.

Bourbanog

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, there's this tourney coming up you see, and I want to stand a chance in it. I've already been trying to dashland for a few hours, but I can't get it as good as on the video.

Got any advanced pro tips for my dashlanding?

Hey guys, there's this tourney coming up you see, and I want to stand a chance in it. I've already been trying to dashland for a few hours, but I can't get it as good as on the video.

Got any advanced pro tips for my dashlanding?
If serious, check the video description. If sarcastic, then leave.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
in brawl everything slides just do a dash and shield thing and u slide while shiedling. i call it brawls everyone got ice shoes

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Says the person who has nothing better to do at 1:29 in the morning than be here flaming someone. Yes, you corrected an error. Now that you have completed your simple way of feeling better about yourself, leave. Oh, and I forgot, everything about your signature is wrong.
Yes sir. I'm going to leave right now. Oh sir, I'm so sorry that I ever stepped foot in your forums. They are your forums, right?

I mean, your reaction couldn't have anything to do with the fact that that's your buddy. if he wasn't, maybe you would have noticed that he arrogantly tried to correct someone else, which, in turn, was the only reason that I corrected him.

Look, wii, I'm really really sorry that I insulted your buddy, but sometimes a person's attitude pisses me off, and he was a big winner on that one.

Just because people aren't fawning all over your technique, doesn't mean that you have to lash out. It's cool.

Back on topic:

It's intuitive, but good to have pointed out, that you can vary the length of the slide. The tone of the thread prolly would have changed w/ a diff topic name. Anyways, good ****, keep it up.

Top Bottom