• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Pond - Greninja General Discussion

Makani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CLF.Makani
It was a ridiculous release, but yeah they did. They were Toys R Us exclusive and were expected to be pre-orderable at 7-9 a.m. on the day they released, but TRU pulled a **** move and put them up at like 2-3 a.m.
TRU confirmed (I use that term VERY loosely in this regard) that they'll be doing another pre-order period for instore on the 27th of this month.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Question: Is there any characters Greninja's footstool combos don't work on? I imagine light and small characters like Kirby and Puff can't get caught in those combos.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
you can do it on them, you just can't do two loops of it. some heavy characters you have to do nair > dtilt > footstool.

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Anyone else miss out on Greninja's amiibo preorder? Cause sadly, I did. I know he's gonna have additional in-store pre-orders on the 27th, but I'm afraid I'll miss my chance again since I have to be in school and my mom has to be at work, and I dunno anyone else can ask for help. My only other bit of luck is that I got the 6 pack from Gamestop + the Splatoon 3 bundle, it seems alot of people wanted :4robinm:and he sold out within minutes and I'm lucky to have gotten him in the 6 pack, and tons of people seemed to late to get the splatoon 3 pack too with the green squid in it. While I like both figurines a lot, I didn't want Robin as badly as the rest of the wave 4 (I would if it were Female Robin though, I kinda like her better now) and the only splatoon toy I really love is the the Squid, but I don't really love it enough to make up for my missed opportunity to get Greninja. If I still can't get him on April 27th, I might just have to find somebody to trade for my Robin or the Splatoon 3 pack when wave 4 comes out so I can get it. I still like the figurines a lot so I really hope I don't want to resort to it, but I can't afford to pass up the chance to get a Smash-branded action figure of one of my favorite Pokemon and my main. I really hope :4palutena:, :4darkpit:, and :4olimar: don't slip through my fingers either, I've already let too many rare figurines get past me and I don't wanna blow it again. At least I got most of Wave 4 though, so its not a complete letdown.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So guys, today I took part in a customs online invitational with Greninja and out of just the 16 people in I managed to get 3rd place going just with Greninja. I ended up losing to the best player in Anther's Ladder in winners finals and then lost to a default Lucario in Losers Finals 3-2.

I honestly wasn't expecting to even reach the semifinals much less get 3rd place when overall I'm a pretty average player and I have very little knowledge about customs, so I'm very positively surprised by all this.

Custom Megaman is a really fun MU by the way, thank god Shifting Shuriken goes through pellets. The Lucario MU is also surprising fun.

My only problem with the tournament is that I ended up causing trouble because I'm from Brazil and so a lot of my matches were laggy and so... Yeah.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I have no words for how beautiful this is.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
3 more days 'til the 15th... I hope it brings good things.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
It's been a while since I've posted here. I'm curious, what would Greninja add exactly to the mains I already have? (Lucina, Meta Knight, and Mewtwo)

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
So I just came back from the NeoNebulous tourney in NYC.

I got 4th out of 34 with Greninja.

Sorry frogs I couldn't get 1st but there was a few monster players like Ninjalink and John Numbers there @_@. Lots of people were impressed I made it that far with Greninja. I was on stream a few times so vids soon.

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I just got 7th outta 54 entrants today. Greninja all the way. Lost to the same Fox I played last time. The match is really tough but I think its kinda playable. I was really rusty but I think I played well the whole tourney.

EDIT:

How the blue hell can I deal with diddy with a banana in hand? its reaaaaaally hard...

Last edited:

Marilink

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's unofficially official: I'm going to be #5 on the Minnesota Power Rankings as soon as they are released. There's gonna be a cover photo with a little GreyNinja next to my tag and everything.

I'm pretty pumped.

Coffee™

I need it....
Hey guys I just got 7th outta 54 entrants today. Greninja all the way. Lost to the same Fox I played last time. The match is really tough but I think its kinda playable. I was really rusty but I think I played well the whole tourney.

EDIT:

How the blue hell can I deal with diddy with a banana in hand? its reaaaaaally hard...
Shield the banana then attack, dodge or grab Diddy when he comes in for the followup. Also keep in mind Monkey Flip is still a thing once Diddy is holding the banana so know your options for that as well.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Well, it's unofficially official: I'm going to be #5 on the Minnesota Power Rankings as soon as they are released. There's gonna be a cover photo with a little GreyNinja next to my tag and everything.

I'm pretty pumped.
That's amazing! Awesome job! :0

Edit:

Last edited:

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Welp, here we are on the eve before the patch hits. Unfortunately, school has kinda swamped me again, so I wasn't able to exactly make a super in-depth demonstration video for comparisons between pre-patch and post-patch, but here is what I just plainly recorded without any editing. It should cover everything but Shifting Shuriken (which is very unlikely to be changed imo).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfbulwMYK20

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I personally don't think Greninja will be changed at all since he's already a well balanced character so he doesn't need any changes for better or for worse. Plus, Greninja is seldom seen and usually resides in the middle of the tier lists so I don't think Nintendo will go after him this time.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Just some initial findings from the patch: Indefinite and running Shadow Sneak have been removed. However, second hit of Usmash is finally the same length as the first (no more getting the first hit and missing the second). Uair 5th hit still dumb, the one thing I thought for sure they'd fix.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Can confirm the SS stuff, will be checking percents on moves now.

DRU192

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DRU192
I can use Nair off-stage without insta-dying, Nair recovery reduced or placebo?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Some Observations:
Percents seem mostly unchanged. USmash Hit 2 looks like it's faster.
SS Indefinite & Running bugfix.

Last edited:

Makani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CLF.Makani
I can use Nair off-stage without insta-dying, Nair recovery reduced or placebo?
Still insta-dying just as bad as before, I don't think Greninja was touched at all aside from his Shadow Sneak AT nerfs. Everything i've tested is doing the same amount of damage it did pre-patch.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Nair is still the same. I feel that Dtilt is as well (using my video for reference atm). Can anyone tell if Uthrow has more hitstun or if Uair has more knockback?

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Uthrow has the same kill power (tested on Peach). I don't know about Bair, however.

hewhoamareismyself

Smash Rookie
Hi, basically stopped lurking and made this account solely to ask if people could check if smash attacks feel faster/have larger hitboxes. Downsmash in particular feels bigger but I can't tell if I'm loking for things that aren't there. I could be wrong but the folks on reddit aren't telling me I'm full of **** yet.

Top Bottom