• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Pond - Greninja General Discussion

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

This thread can be used to discuss all things related to Greninja, and serves as a general discussion for the frog. You can also use this thread to discuss Pokemon related material, especially those that are in topic with Greninja and Smash. Remember that in this thread, the Smashboards Global Rules are still in effect.

With that in mind, feel free to start discussion!​

Last edited:

Spirst

*cue the long list of people posting ":4greninja:'d"*
Well, here's a :substitute::

"I have this sinking feeling in the :4pit: of my stomach. What I wanted to say was :rob:'d by the poster above me. What a little :snake:."

Last edited:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
are you guys ready for Greninja to be the best character

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Why did you close the old thread?
Let me quote myself from the earlier thread:
With the rise of the new additions coming to this subforum, it's best that this thread be closed for a brand new thread.

The new general discussion thread can be found here:
http://smashboards.com/threads/ninjas-gathering-greninja-social-thread.368762/
Mainly, the old thread is primarily focused on speculatory and pre-release information, so I decided that starting fresh for post-release discussion was the best option.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
but it was a social thread though!
It was a speculatory thread turned into a social thread; until Greninja's reveal, the thread was based primarily on speculation.

The posts are still completely accessible and viewable.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
It was a speculatory thread turned into a social thread; until Greninja's reveal, the thread was based primarily on speculation.

The posts are still completely accessible and viewable.
what does it matter, it was functioning as a social thread just fine, and you closed 11 pages of discussion for almost no reason. them being accessible and viewable doesn't mean anything once the thread is pushed off the first page of threads.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
Greninja is one of my favorite starters and overall Pokemon :D

And in Fighting Games I usually main ninja characters so this'll work just fine <3

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Everyone's so focused on the ninja aspect of the character, and I'm just sitting here thinking, "Frog <3"

Anyway, to give this post the illusion of having a semblance of relevance, rather than simply lurk like I did the Brawlimar boards, I do want to get involved with the Greninja boards, so I hope that I get to know you guys well in the coming months and (hopefully) years.

Last edited:

kalem333

Smash Rookie
I actually restarted my Pokémon X game and picked Froakie this time. I have a tradition of picking the grass starter but..come on, Ninja frog!

Spirst

When I first saw the XY starters, I had thought I would go with Fennekin. After seeing the full evolution line, I realized I would be up each night crying and wondering how my life sunk so low that I ended up with a Delphox. So, with foresight, I chose Froakie in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
When I first saw the XY starters, I had thought I would go with Fennekin. After seeing the full evolution line, I realized I would be up each night crying and wondering how my life sunk so low that I ended up with a Delphox. So, with foresight, I chose Froakie in a heartbeat.
EXACT same story. I've now warmed up to Delphox and Braixen (no pun intended lol), but ever since Frogadier was revealed, (and Greninja after him) I fell in love with the Froakie line (this is all sounding very strange).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I tried making Greninja my Wii U main, but he doesn't show up, its just blank. Anybody else with the same problem?
EDIT: The Koopaling would be icons link to default Bowser Jr. as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

kalem333

Smash Rookie
I loved chespin until he became a chesnaught...it's rare for me to dislike a Pokemon, and I really don't like him.

Having said that, greninja is amazing and really fits in smash. I couldn't think of a better new comer to represent Pokemon!

I might post a more detailed post later, but think greninja's gimping abilities will male him top tier material. He sees really good for smash 4, but very few people realize how different kills can be. It's all about gimping and edge game and our favorite frog has got that down pat.

Spirst

I tried making Greninja my Wii U main, but he doesn't show up, its just blank. Anybody else with the same problem?
EDIT: The Koopaling would be icons link to default Bowser Jr. as well.
Unless you have premium, in which the character appears in your post background, I don't believe the character you chose for Sm4sh shows up.

D

Deleted member

Unless you have premium, in which the character appears in your post background, I don't believe the character you chose for Sm4sh shows up.
Not like that. As in the icons from each game. I have Mario (64), Kirby (Melee), Pikachu (Brawl), Sonic (PM), Duck Hunt (3DS), and Greninja (Wii U). He doesn't show up underneath my avatar. And I realized that the alternates are premium exclusive right before you posted that.

EDIT: Got it to work by switching Duck Hunt and Greninja around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spirst

Not like that. As in the icons from each game. I have Mario (64), Kirby (Melee), Pikachu (Brawl), Sonic (PM), Duck Hunt (3DS), and Greninja (Wii U). He doesn't show up underneath my avatar. And I realized that the alternates are premium exclusive right before you posted that.
Yeah, I know what you meant. I don't think any of the icons show up for anyone. The only way someone can see your Sm4sh main is if they go to your profile or if you have premium. I imagine it was because not all characters were revealed yet/icon pictures were missing. Shouldn't be long now.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
So after watching aMSa's replays in the video thread, I realized something: My biggest complaint about the character ("Gre-NOOOOO!!!") seems to have been completely removed. Just when I thought my hype couldn't get any greater.
Oh, and he has a purple alt.

Last edited:

KERO

Smash Journeyman
So after watching aMSa's replays in the video thread, I realized something: My biggest complaint about the character ("Gre-NOOOOO!!!") seems to have been completely removed. Just when I thought my hype couldn't get any greater.
Oh, and he has a purple alt.
Idk. That's just the Japanese dub. The US version probably uses the same voice sample still.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm excited to try out Greninja. He seems like a character I could add to my list of mains.

Last edited:

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
I actually really like Greninja's English voice. It's kinda Stitch-like, and it's cute. I think it's adorable.
Plus, I loved Lilo and Stitch growing up, so...

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Everyone's so focused on the ninja aspect of the character, and I'm just sitting here thinking, "Frog <3"

Anyway, to give this post the illusion of having a semblance of relevance, rather than simply lurk like I did the Brawlimar boards, I do want to get involved with the Greninja boards, so I hope that I get to know you guys well in the coming months and (hopefully) years.
I'm with this person. Frogs are the best.

Kith

Smash Ace
I miss Pokemon Trainer, primarily because of Squirtle. But I think I'm going to really enjoy maining Greninja. Hi, everyone!

Spirst

I miss Pokemon Trainer, primarily because of Squirtle. But I think I'm going to really enjoy maining Greninja. Hi, everyone!
Yo sup.

I miss PT as well. Squirtle shenanigans were the best. Little was as satisfying as getting the last KO with a hydroplaned U-Smash. His noises were great too. "SQUIR SQUIR SQUIRTLE!"

Greninja is kind of like a spiritual successor. Little ninja froggy.

Sneak Frog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scrappert
I'm very excited to be able to play as my favorite Pokémon, I've been part of #TeamFroakie from the very beginning. I have a far-fetched goal of being (one of) the best Greninja mains out their, but regardless of that happening I'm going to put forth as much effort as I can to do my best with him. Greninja hype!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
pretty good name, also i hope Sheik isn't MK-tier broken in this game

shrug if I know, tbh I haven't seen any gameplay with sheik. but given how much more hitstun is in this game it might change? i dunno :217:

then again mr meaty knight was mainly broken because of ridiculously quick attacks, versatile recovery, perfect planking, and intangibility slunking everywhere right?

Top Bottom