• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Pond - Greninja General Discussion

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Greninja's amiibo was announced for May 29th 2014!

Get ready for the hunt.

Last edited:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
GUYS I MIGHT DROP GRENINJA FOR LUCAS

I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYMORE
I CAN UNDERSTAND THIS COMPLETELY. I DON'T BLAME YOU, LUCAS WAS MY MAIN IN BRAWL WHEN I WAS A WEE TAD BOY AND NOW HE'S BACK AND AHHHHH

DEFINITELY GONNA ATTEMPT MAINING HIM

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about my absence! School got really busy, so I haven't been able to concentrate as much. Fortunately, I did complete a new chart!

Here it is!

April Fools =x

Here's the actual chart I made. I think you guys will enjoy it!

Greninja Usmash Kill Percents:

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Sorry about my absence! School got really busy, so I haven't been able to concentrate as much. Fortunately, I did complete a new chart!

Here it is!

April Fools =x

Here's the actual chart I made. I think you guys will enjoy it!
Why is Fox bolded when Jigglypuff is the one who dies the earliest?

Also hey! I missed you man!

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Why is Fox bolded when Jigglypuff is the one who dies the earliest?

Also hey! I missed you man!

Fixed that small error. Noticed it while I was updated the kill thread, but thanks for pointing it out =D

Glad to be back. I'm definitely gonna try to be more active now that school has calmed down a bit.

In other news, I picked up Falcon as a secondary. However, I'm still as dedicated to the frog as ever!

Last edited:

MunsterMash

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToxicU85
Sakurai is fully aware of there being an issue with Diddy, the only reason I might see him not getting nerfed is because Sakurai doesn't give a rats ass about competitive. I do hope he buffs other low tiers, and one more thing, LUCAS BETTER BE BROKEN AS **** OR IMMA FLIP ****

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Right before my hiatus, I remember hearing about Greninja losing his running SS in the most recent 3DS patch.

I can see Sakurai adding like, ten frames of lag to Usmash start-up and reducing its hitbox size further, giving us more shuri start-up, and taking away one of our pumps since Greninja's recovery is too good. Uair will be changed so that every hurtbox sends the opponent slightly upward. Finally, Sub will no longer KO.

Seriously, though. If they touch Greninja outside of SS stuff, I really hope they fix hit 5 of his Uair at the very least. Maybe give us a little less end lag on shuri, too?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Right before my hiatus, I remember hearing about Greninja losing his running SS in the most recent 3DS patch.

I can see Sakurai adding like, ten frames of lag to Usmash start-up and reducing its hitbox size further, giving us more shuri start-up, and taking away one of our pumps since Greninja's recovery is too good. Uair will be changed so that every hurtbox sends the opponent slightly upward. Finally, Sub will no longer KO.

Seriously, though. If they touch Greninja outside of SS stuff, I really hope they fix hit 5 of his Uair at the very least. Maybe give us a little less end lag on shuri, too?
You forgot "All moves do a maximum of 3%

Spirst

I'd be prepared for nerfs because of past history but I myself don't think Greninja will be touched. I think he'll probably be left as is since he's seldom heard about anymore.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
What if Sakurai visits youtube and stuff, and he thinks all the people saying "nerf Greninja" are serious? Oh man.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Though, if they don't do anything to Greninja but nerf Sheik, Diddy and Sonic, that's pretty much an indirect buff to Greninja since that would make his hard MUs easier.

I can see Greninja becoming top tier if Sheik, Diddy and Sonic are nerfed.

Eddy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3909-7498-4428
yeah any significant nerf to the top tiers is good for us i see him as high tier atm

MunsterMash

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToxicU85
Also for anyone here that is interested in maining Lucas I would like to make a Lucas social/discussion thread a little closer to his launch (sometime around May) so we can analyze the trailer and once he releases we'll be able to discuss tech/strategy/combos/etc. Anyone that wants to help out with the thread can just reply to me on this thread or pm!

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I have already pre-ordered my Greninja amiibo dohohoho

It's just going to take forever to arrive once it's out because Brazil mail delivery system.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I have already pre-ordered my Greninja amiibo dohohoho

It's just going to take forever to arrive once it's out because Brazil mail delivery system.
Oh, you're from Brazil? Maybe we won't lag much online. We could try it some time.

Makani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CLF.Makani
This Greninja amiibo fiasco is an absolute travesty... I should've figured this was going to happen.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Pre-orders already sold out?
Greninja was stated to be up on 7-9 AM EST... he went up at 2 AM. He sold out in 20-30 minutes. And, in addition, TRU appears to not have any in-store preorders.

Last edited:
Top Bottom