• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Pond - Greninja General Discussion

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Either way I'm surprised that they did this.
They mainly say it's because he has an item, and that weakens him, like a Mega.

@ FullMoon FullMoon
That's certainly hype right there, especially the Dair. I've been trying to look into it's usage lately and what can be done with it, if anything.

D

Deleted member

I hope you guys know that Giratina-O being in OU at the moment was meant to be an April Fools joke... lol.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I hope you guys know that Giratina-O being in OU at the moment was meant to be an April Fools joke... lol.
If it is, it is.

But I'm honestly not too much against the idea.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Tina's honestly not that horrible...Probably still broken in the end, but it's manageable and the tier is fun with it. I hope the OU council does more Ubers tests in the future (Aegislash, Genesect and Blaziken in particular).

Hey guys, remember my D-Throw -> Shadow Sneak airdodge trap? With customs on, I found an alternative:

Oh yeah this also happened.

Your Greninja gifs always make my day :)

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Tina's honestly not that horrible...Probably still broken in the end, but it's manageable and the tier is fun with it. I hope the OU council does more Ubers tests in the future (Aegislash, Genesect and Blaziken in particular).

Your Greninja gifs always make my day :)
Agreed on both statements.

Particularly, I really want to see another Aegislash suspect test as well.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Casual observation, I think they went with Gira-O over Aegislash because the former's weak to fairies, item restricted, and doesn't have King's Shield/Stance Change.

I still think it's going to prove too centralizing to stick around, but I appreciate what they're trying with it.

D

Deleted member

Read the first letter of every sentence, put them all together and let me know what it spells. This was the original post before a moderator edited it to make it more believable. They pulled a similar prank a few years back that started at around this time in March as well, so that tweet means nothing...

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
It's a good thing I don't care about competitive Pokemon. :dr^_^:
Me too. But it's more of the fact that I don't understand it. I been taught about multiple times but I still don't understand IVs.:confused:

Also how do we go against projectile heavy characters? I faced a particular good Mega Man yesterday in FG. Can barely get past him and those lemon shots apart from reads and shrukiens.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Me too. But it's more of the fact that I don't understand it. I been taught about multiple times but I still don't understand IVs.:confused:
Okay, so let's talk about IVs and EVs.
IVs are like genetics. They're determined at birth.
EVs are like, uh, specialized training regiments.

You can train your skills in basketball as much as Michael Jordan (EVs), but Michael Jordan will forever be genetically more well suited for slammin dem b-balls(IVs)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Also how do we go against projectile heavy characters? I faced a particular good Mega Man yesterday in FG. Can barely get past him and those lemon shots apart from reads and shrukiens.
The Psychic in Kiloude tells you about potential, he's talking about IVs

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I could probably understand the concepts if I cared enough to learn about competitive Pokemon but holy **** I do not want to go through that tedious load of grinding required, and this is coming from someone who usually enjoys grinding in RPGs.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I could probably understand the concepts if I cared enough to learn about competitive Pokemon but holy **** I do not want to go through that tedious load of grinding required, and this is coming from someone who usually enjoys grinding in RPGs.
Yeah, the grinding's too much, at least you only have to get to 50 unless it's Hydreigon or specific moves

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Yeah, basically. That's what deters me from really getting into comp pokemon. I understand and know the concepts, but to actually do that in game? Nahhhh.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Grinding is the reason why I prefer playing pokemonshowdown instead. Although IVs and EVs HAVE gotten a lot easier after every generation.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Teki/Teshei was putting in some great work with Shifting Shuriken at S@X just now.

I should get back to doing my homework.

Top Bottom