• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Pond - Greninja General Discussion

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Ike's a pretty cool character

I can't play him worth crap, but he's pretty cool

Also dang, aMSa 2-0'd Ally? I'm gonna have to go back and watch that set.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
aMSa's feats are just as unpredictable as the character he plays. I was actually expecting him to lose to Ally but then he does the complete opposite.

I'm gonna need to watch those matches later and see if I can learn something from them =P

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So, I've recently developed an interest in Greninja (and no it isn't because of Apex or Amsa, hell I haven't even seen anything of Apex yet because I can't watch stream because of stupid satellite internet), recent as I just got interested in him on Friday. It's mainly because I've been looking for a small (decently, at the very least) mobile character with a projectile of some kind that I don't play in another Smash game while still feeling good to me other then short/skinny Gunner because of how they are being handled. My first thought went to Diddy but something about him didn't feel right to me and he just didn't click. Then I thought of Ness, he mostly felt good but I hate the fact that his only (real useful) projectile is super laggy. Greninja then caught my eye with how he is deceptively small which made him fit my criteria and I don't have any gripes with his projectile. I was also intrigued by how he seems to be a hard character to play yet it isn't tech-skill hard like Peach in Brawl/Smash 4 or Melee Fox as I've always shied away from tech-kill hard characters but I don't mind hard to play characters as long as it isn't tech-skill hard. Whether or not I end up playing him seriously or not has yet to be seen but currently my interest lies in him outside of Gunner (which is the character I truly want to main but am unable to because of rules).

For reference I main :pikachumelee: in Melee, :olimar: in Brawl, and :toonlink: in Project M.

So I'll probably be around here for a little while or permanently, depending on if I stay interested him in (which at this point looks like I will because his play-style has me severely intrigued and I don't see myself getting uninterested in it all anytime soon.)

Marilink

Smash Journeyman
aMSa is also doing very well in Melee, getting close to Top 8 right now. He beat Zhu and Lucky, now he has to get through Silent Wolf.

^Welcome to the Frog Faction! There's a lot of good info here (more than other character boards, I've noticed!). Hope you have fun with Greninja, he is a blast.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Summoning @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy to maybe like a post or two and give you guys the NSG experience.
Oh god you've doomed us all! He Knows!

Hi, guys. Can I join the thread?:colorful:
Heeeeeeeeeeeeey...

So, I've recently developed an interest in Greninja (and no it isn't because of Apex or Amsa, hell I haven't even seen anything of Apex yet because I can't watch stream because of stupid satellite internet), recent as I just got interested in him on Friday. It's mainly because I've been looking for a small (decently, at the very least) mobile character with a projectile of some kind that I don't play in another Smash game while still feeling good to me other then short/skinny Gunner because of how they are being handled. My first thought went to Diddy but something about him didn't feel right to me and he just didn't click. Then I thought of Ness, he mostly felt good but I hate the fact that his only (real useful) projectile is super laggy. Greninja then caught my eye with how he is deceptively small which made him fit my criteria and I don't have any gripes with his projectile. I was also intrigued by how he seems to be a hard character to play yet it isn't tech-skill hard like Peach in Brawl/Smash 4 or Melee Fox as I've always shied away from tech-kill hard characters but I don't mind hard to play characters as long as it isn't tech-skill hard. Whether or not I end up playing him seriously or not has yet to be seen but currently my interest lies in him outside of Gunner (which is the character I truly want to main but am unable to because of rules).

For reference I main :pikachumelee: in Melee, :olimar: in Brawl, and :toonlink: in Project M.

So I'll probably be around here for a little while or permanently, depending on if I stay interested him in (which at this point looks like I will because his play-style has me severely intrigued and I don't see myself getting uninterested in it all anytime soon.)
Welcome. We have a lot of data on the frog, so you'll learn quickly.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Hi, guys. Can I join the thread?:colorful:
I lurked the Snake for Smash 4 thread too :p and welcome! And welcome @ mimgrim mimgrim

I love moments like these where watching such inspirational players gives us all the more reason to try to master Greninja, whilst drawing in new players. I'm really going to keep my fingers crossed that aMSa sticks with Greninja all the way, and that more people start representing the ninja

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I finally got to sit down and watch some of the aMSa sets. I really need to step up my Greninja game. The Hydro Pumping was really slick, for both recovery and stage movement, and he put in serious work with those aerials.

KERO

Smash Journeyman

Hey, glad to have you here! I also mained Olimar in Brawl actually. In fact, a lot of former Brawlimars picked up Greninja when the game came out. From what I can tell, it would seem that Greninja 100% fits what you're looking for. While Greninja isn't technically small (look at the picture I posted a while back haha), a ton of his animations make his hitbox absolutely tiny. Also, aside from Mii Brawler, he's the most mobile character in the game. Outside of Sheik and Sonic, he also seems to go fairly evenly against the top tier (and even Sheik, I'm starting to think ain't as bad as we think) If you got any questions about him, I'd be happy to answer them!

In other news, the avatar I chose must be prophetic after what happened on Saturday lol.

Coffee™

I need it....
On my way! back to FL atm, but just throwing it out there. Amsa did a ton of work in losers as well before bracket. Riddle put him in losers but he came back taking out Boss, Riddle and unfortunately Akashic Sword as well too.Aka did work as well.

I also talked with Amsa briefly. Learned a good set. Will only improve from here on out. Expect a lot better from me in the future. Apex was cool, but I got a ton of labbing to do. o_.

Oh and Reflex said he may be picking him up as well, which would be pretty cool.

Last edited:

Sacked

Smash Rookie
I've been looking for Amsa gameplay in the VODs. So far this is what I've found:

Day 3 - Smash 4 on Spooky's Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/619065259:

2:43:00 - vs Ally (Mario)
3:27:00 - vs MYD (Duck Hunt Dog)

I'll keep updating as I find more. If anyone wants to add that'd be awesome!

BlinkIV

Avenger
Hanging with Coffee and Kero was the best. Mad chill people.

About to head back home to TX too. Being "home" was nice

Last edited:

AkashicSword

Yokai
Placed top 86. Lost an amazing ditto with aMSa. (The first Greninja I feel has genuinely out played me, he's good) Put in work and beat PikaPika though, so that match up is down.

Coffee, where do you plan on posting those vids?

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Whew. Can't wait for all these videos to be found and uploaded. Just going to Apex and playing friendlies, seeing other players from all over; it's motivated me quite a bit! I've got lots of smash studying to do. xP

Next year, I'm totally going to Apex. Provided that I'm still super-into the Smash community, which I don't foresee myself leaving anytime soon.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I'm planning on travelling either in December or in January, so maybe I'll be able to go to Apex next year as well and experience it first-hand.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
i didnt compete. I just got some friendies in with my Greninja. Let me tell you guys to watch out to aSam, greninja player form japan. He made it to top 16. SICK *** greninja.
Haha, yes. aMSa is quite the star in the social thread. xP Everybody's been talking about him.

But dang, you were there for friendlies too? I was there on Saturday and played friendlies as well. x3

Blue Phoenix

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0001-3910-6032
Hey guys, Sceptile for smash enthusiast (or former, since Sm4sh is out?) here. :) so I've been looking for someone to main that's pretty mobile and isn't Mii Brawler (If I play in tournaments when I get better at Smash I don't want to have to be choosy based on which ones allow Miis) and I found myself really liking Greninja and how fast he(?) is. So yeah. I think I might try him as a main.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
More Greninjas are always welcome in my book.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
No problem, and someone had to, heh. It's still kinda under construction, but hopefully it's good for a start c:
Actually, I find the structure to be a little sloppy. I get why you have it that way but it makes the OP rather long winded. I, generally, find videos threads that try to keep the OP updated to have better structure when they do it as a player-by-player list rather then a character-by-character list and it isn't as overwhelming.

Just my 0.02

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Hey guys, Sceptile for smash enthusiast (or former, since Sm4sh is out?) here. :) so I've been looking for someone to main that's pretty mobile and isn't Mii Brawler (If I play in tournaments when I get better at Smash I don't want to have to be choosy based on which ones allow Miis) and I found myself really liking Greninja and how fast he(?) is. So yeah. I think I might try him as a main.
Awesome. Another joins the frog army!

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Ah, nice to see another Sceptile 4 Smash supporter (even though I like Greninja even more). Welcome!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The only grass type seen in Pokken so far that's noteworthy actually is Snivy, I think.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Actually, I find the structure to be a little sloppy. I get why you have it that way but it makes the OP rather long winded. I, generally, find videos threads that try to keep the OP updated to have better structure when they do it as a player-by-player list rather then a character-by-character list and it isn't as overwhelming.

Just my 0.02
Yeah I've given some serious consideration to doing it player-by-player. Then I can just have the character icon underneath the player spoiler tags, so maybe something like this as an example?

Players

aMSa

Next player here

videos

Last edited:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Yeah I've given some serious consideration to doing it player-by-player. Then I can just have the character icon underneath the player spoiler tags, so maybe something like this as an example?

Players

aMSa

That sounds good, actually. So people can still find the MU's anyway. And there's less spoilers to slug through.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Haha, yes. aMSa is quite the star in the social thread. xP Everybody's been talking about him.

But dang, you were there for friendlies too? I was there on Saturday and played friendlies as well. x3

Yea I was there Saturday and Sunday for friendlies. We can always play online if you shoot me your nnid

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Last edited:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Yea I was there Saturday and Sunday for friendlies. We can always play online if you shoot me your nnid
Sure, maybe one of these days we could set up a match. Not right now though.
I'll see what I can do, will just take some time to get that set up, so bear with me ^^;
Keep up the good work! (Now, if only I had a thumbs up Greninja picture. This'll have to do.)

I still feel like a Greninja skype group would be pretty helpful in setting up matches between us instead of going through thread. Don't know if anyone else would be willing to share their skype information for that though.

D

Deleted member

Players

aMSa

Next player here

videos
Anyone know how to do that Dair -> Hydro Pump thing aMSa did off stage at 6:34? Been trying to do it ever since I saw a gif of someone doing it on here but I can't pull it off.

Edit: He does it again here at 2:07 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GznfHAXzz1Y

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Best things to come out of the Greninja reveal (besides playable :p)

Top Bottom