• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Pond - Greninja General Discussion

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
All goods, Blink, remember to have fun (:

Looks like they're streaming Pokemon now lol. The hype cheer in the background is funny. They done with Smash for today? Oh and I also watched Coffee and Eddy play. Good stuff you two, and Eddy, was nice watching you put in some work in doubles!

Marilink

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I just texted Sync and he told me that he's in the bracket for doubles with aMSa!
Hypehypehype

This will be the first time I see Greninja in dubs lol. Hopefully we can catch them on the stream. He'll let me know when they're up and I'll update here
Double Ninja Team? Oh yes. I am excited to see that.

D

Deleted member

Good morning friends. So apparently aMSa has made it to top 16 so far. Really hope he makes it farther than that, but I'm still really excited to see his Greninja in action regardless of what happens. :grin:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
HOLY CRAP THOSE GAMES!
aMSa's really coming through! Those f-airs and Hydro Pump movement O_O

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
SCREW LITTLE MAC

I'm sorry, but I don't think aMSa should have lost that set. I was sooo upset. It was obvious he was getting choked game 3, and I can't believe this damn boxer kept him from moving forward.

Btw, his match against Ally was amazing. I don't have any other words right now, cause I'm soooo salty at LM

PsychedelicSkullOfDoom

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheBiatch
Too bad he lost it, he failed 2 easy gimp with Mac, but he fought bravely. Those matches were so hype !

I'm still stunned by his Fairs, so precise, so well spaced, so deadly !

Last edited:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
NOOooOOoo

Well, Spirst will be happy with that set either way, haha.
Yeah. Dang, that was quite a great set to watch regardless.

Welp. There goes the Greninja, it seems. :/

Well, shoutouts to all of you that went and represented our ninjafrog! Nice job, guys!

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Yeah that 3rd match was hard to watch, though 2nd match was hype with Little Mac. Really sad the aMSa didn't win but he fought well.

Lol at my 6 post in a row like rampage. Maybe I should become the NonSpecificGuy of the Greninja forums lol.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
aMSA is my hero. I'm so glad he got so far with our ninja. Shame I couldn't actually watch him play.
You can catch his games on the past broadcasts tab. The stream showed his matches vs Ally and MVD. I'm sure they'll upload to Youtube though.

Sync's Greninja lost to Static Manny's Sonic and then a FL Sheik (pretty sure I know who it was too). I think despite everything though, aMSa put up a great fight, and the fact that he got so far with such an underused, high learning curve character made it all the more phenomenal.

Props to all you Greninjas who put in an effort, and those of us who cheered for them, and gave them encouragement.

Last edited:

Spirst

NOOooOOoo

Well, Spirst will be happy with that set either way, haha.
I was so conflicted with who to root for. aMSa choked on that smashville Mac game on the platform. He got hit by that side B I think when, if he shielded, he could've closed off the set right there. Oh well though, was a good set regardless and I'm glad Greninja got this far.

I'm wondering why he chose BF though even if it was LM. Not being able to connect usmash properly on the platforms+having landing issues pushes me away from liking it as Greninja. DH does alright on BF though since he can use those two side platforms for leaving Cans to get stage control.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Everyone makes mistakes that can cost them a lot I guess. Greninja at top 12 is certainly a great achievement and now I'm even more motivated to master the frog

... As soon as I get back from my trip. Thursday couldn't arrive sooner.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I was so conflicted with who to root for. aMSa choked on that smashville Mac game on the platform. He got hit by that side B I think when, if he shielded, he could've closed off the set right there. Oh well though, was a good set regardless and I'm glad Greninja got this far.

I'm wondering why he chose BF though even if it was LM. Not being able to connect usmash properly on the platforms+having landing issues pushes me away from liking it as Greninja. DH does alright on BF though since he can use those two side platforms for leaving Cans to get stage control.
Yeah, I noticed aMSa really likes his BF. I remember on his stream when he was training for Apex, that was like the only stage he played in. He's pretty comfortable there for some reason.

Spirst

Yeah, I don't like BF. Still proud of aMSa though. It's great to see both DH and Greninja breaking top 16 when both were so talked down. With aMSa out, giving full support for MVD now.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Yeah, I don't like BF. Still proud of aMSa though. It's great to see both DH and Greninja breaking top 16 when both were so talked down. With aMSa out, giving full support for MVD now.
Same here. I'm glad Greninja (and Duck Hunt, I guess, I'm kinda indifferent towards them =P) is getting some recognization with this.

Though I think Town and City is a far better stage for Greninja than Battlefield.

1up_Regal

Smash Rookie
Well, I know there's a group of people that live close to my area, I found out that they gather to play just before I had to go on a trip so I haven't been able to attend to their meetings yet, but it's something.

I can't see me being a very good tournament host, but hey, I guess learning doesn't hurt. If you could ask him that would be great.
What state do you live in FullMoon? I'm also from Brazil, from Rio de Janeiro.

There's a pretty active scene here in brazil, especially in Sao Paulo. But there are also tournaments in Rio, Belem do Para, Ceara, and some other states. Sao Paulo even sent some players to APEX. Aisengobay got 65th in melee, and Banze and Cabelo got 5th in 64 Doubles.

We have a forum where the brazilian competitive players gather, called 1upsmash. I can't post links yet, so you'll have to google it :ohwell:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
What state do you live in FullMoon? I'm also from Brazil, from Rio de Janeiro.

There's a pretty active scene here in brazil, especially in Sao Paulo. But there are also tournaments in Rio, Belem do Para, Ceara, and some other states. Sao Paulo even sent some players to APEX. Aisengobay got 65th in melee, and Banze and Cabelo got 5th in 64 Doubles.

We have a forum where the brazilian competitive players gather, called 1upsmash. I can't post links yet, so you'll have to google it :ohwell:
I actually joined 1upsmash a while ago, I'm just not that involved with the community.

I live in Rio, the capital. I am aware that there's quite a few tournaments in São Paulo, but I haven't seen any in Rio. If I could find one to take part in I would gladly attend them.

MartinAW4

Smash Journeyman
Wow, great to hear that aMSa made it so far. And congratulations to the other Greninja players as well. Unfortunately I missed the stream, so I can`t wait to watch it when it gets uploaded to youtube.

Marilink

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised that aMSa went back to BF, I think Town and City or even Duck Hunt would have been a better option in that situation. But hey, if you feel comfortable at a certain place, then more power to you.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
@ KERO KERO
I saw your match against that Olimar. Nice try. .-.

Was too awkward to actually say hi when you walked off. .-.
I had literally no idea how to fight Olimar haha. Did you see any of my other matches at least? That was like my worst one =/ I'm kind of over it now, though. Gonna probably be back in the venue pretty soon (was sleeping off a stomach bug until now).

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
I had literally no idea how to fight Olimar haha. Did you see any of my other matches at least? That was like my worst one =/ I'm kind of over it now, though. Gonna probably be back in the venue pretty soon (was sleeping off a stomach bug until now).
Unfortunately, that was the only set I was able to catch.

Hope you're feeling better and have fun at the last day of Apex!

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Haven't seen any apex streams, but congrats aMSa for getting so far!

Yeah that 3rd match was hard to watch, though 2nd match was hype with Little Mac. Really sad the aMSa didn't win but he fought well.

Lol at my 6 post in a row like rampage. Maybe I should become the NonSpecificGuy of the Greninja forums lol.
For the love of God no. You don't know the disappointment and terror of logging on to 20 notifications, only to find that 15 are from NonSpecificGuy.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Haven't seen any apex streams, but congrats aMSa for getting so far!

For the love of God no. You don't know the disappointment and terror of logging on to 20 notifications, only to find that 15 are from NonSpecificGuy.
...Who's NonSpecificGuy?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
...Who's NonSpecificGuy?
He's a friend of mine. He's commonly on the Snake for SSB4 thread but he's recently also joined the Ike social thread as well. He nortorious for liking every post he sees. If you post a lot where he lurks you'll know. He'll. NonSpecificGuy always knows.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
An Ike/Mewtwo main that likes every single post in his character's respective social threads. Nice guy. :)
He's a friend of mine. He's commonly on the Snake for SSB4 thread but he's recently also joined the Ike social thread as well. He nortorious for liking every post he sees. If you post a lot where he lurks you'll know. He'll. NonSpecificGuy always knows.
Ohh. Okay. I'm like that on a different forum. Eheheehehe..

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hi, guys. Can I join the thread?:colorful:

Top Bottom