• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the poketourney

Rey-Rey

Smash Cadet
Wait these deadlines r a lil to early cuz i was barely able to get on right now nd my teams match was as well today but way earlier...can my deadline be like in 3 days cuz im really busy tomorrow nd i can do my match on Tuesday

:phone:

global-wolf

Smash Champion
A lot of people can't finish their matches today Rey, I think the deadline should be pushed to a week or so. It's hard to get 4 people together.

Rey-Rey

Smash Cadet
A lot of people can't finish their matches today Rey, I think the deadline should be pushed to a week or so. It's hard to get 4 people together.
Yea like i dont even think my opponents got on -.-...hopefuly it can be pushed back because i agree, it is harder to get 4people together that fast...if the deadline is pushed back, that would be way easier...

zmx

Smash Lord
Come on now, let's not let this tourny die before it even began!

I'm ready for my match today if everyone else is.

Link2thelost90

Smash Lord
It probably won't happen zmx, tatsu hasn't been on since 2 days ago and made little contact with me.
via pms v
Link2thelost90 said:
tatsu said:
@05:08 PM (not that this time is important) just a reminder that you might want to get ready at 7 so that way we can have the tiff in this tournament
@06:31 PM Im actually ready now if you could round everyone playing for are matches. Also to know ahead of time, what color are we being?
*After realising he/she was offline/2nd message*
@06:40 PM Woops just showed that you're offline.
And Sounds good, i'll be there/ready at 7:00pm EST.
I then kinda just waited on brawl's wi-fi hoping everyone would show. I had kinda assumed tatsu had already made arrangements with you two. Though the fact that tatsu didn't show(& was offline), you weren't on brawl wi-fi either and Zatch was still playing someone else kinda made me have a that nope.png feeling.
Would probably be wiser to work out an exact time between us 3 (and tatsu if he/she shows) now.

zmx

Smash Lord
I don't think Tatsu has been on for a while. Shame, I was looking forward to this tourny. But as far as I know from this topic only 2 teams have been able to setup a match with each other. I guess the chances of 4 people being on at once is a lot less than 2 people.

Also that day was watching updates/the stream like most people.

Edit:

And this is exactly why before allowing people to join, they should promise they'll actually have time to show up. I mean, going online for 10 minutes isn't asking for a lot. I think a lot of people just forgot about this/got lazy.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Whoever that was who did not put their items on low for the first three matches needs to recall the rules in order to save time in the future.

Good Games.

zmx

Smash Lord
It doesn't help that he's needed for matches. Unless someone takes his place.

Link2thelost90

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind taking over the tourney.
@zmx Won't matter if its changed to single elimination, and Team Dragon Rage gets DQ'd, I rather do that than hold up the tourney any further.
It'll be somewhat disappointing though considering it was originally intended to be a double elimination tourney.
Or we can continue running it as a double elimination tourney, where Team Dragon Rage is just me teaming with a cpu (Team Dragon Rage will also get DQ'd against Team Explosion in winner's and continue to play in their respective loser bracket.)
Really its up to you guys, I really don't necessarily care eitherway (though I feel the 2nd choice would be more fun), im just itching to get this thing moving again.
Also any updates on how your matches are coming along Teams Splash and Harden?

Rey-Rey

Smash Cadet
We r working on it...we keep having to postpone the match bcuz something pops up last minute >.< but hooefully tomorrow we will do our match if nothing pops up

Link2thelost90

Smash Lord
Very well, we'll wait 2 more days (3 days max if they haven't been done by the 2 days), after then it will be coin flipped.

Link2thelost90

Smash Lord
Already, then without further delay we can start on Round 2 of Winner's and Round 1 of Loser's.
Winner's R2:
Team Explosion vs Team Fusion Bolt
Team Hardern vs Team Thunder/Double Thunder
Loser's R1:
Team Dragon Rage vs Team Attract
Team Zap Cannon Blasters vs Team Splash

Deadlines: January 24th, 2012

Aibou

Smash Master
Gonna be hard playing against Team Dragon Rage with only one active member on their team :|

Link2thelost90

Smash Lord
Pretty much what I said a couple of post back, i'll/the active member of Team Dragon Rage will be teaming with a Cpu so we can actually proceed with the tourney as opposed to waiting for tatsu or delaying the tourney waiting for a replacement that might just end up inactive after joining.

Aibou

Smash Master
Oh, must have missed that post. Though that seems unfair to you. I wouldn't have any objections to you finding a replacement partner.

Link2thelost90

Smash Lord
I'm actually quite fine with it really. Besides what the cpus lack of intelligence in doubles they make up for their easy availability.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
You should really use VMs instead of PMs to contact people about OTL tournies. It leaves a visible paper trail of a sort.

Also, chillax, we got 5 more days to do this.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
I'll join as a Replacement for No-Shows.

Name: NEOS
Friend Code: 4083-8311-2457
Character I'll be using: :luigi2:/:falcon:/:kirby2:

KMK

Smash Rookie
I'll join as a Replacement for No-Shows.

Name: NEOS
Friend Code: 4083-8311-2457
Character I'll be using::pikachu2:/:falcon:/:kirby2:
You could join as one of the replacements for my team. Sorry guys but my partner and I had forgotten about this tourney and it doesn't seem like anything's really happening any more... We'd like not to have to worry about it, so I guess if anybody's even running this tournament still, they could either replace us or take us out (forfeit us). Thanks

First round was fun though, ggs Rey-Rey + partner

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
You could join as one of the replacements for my team. Sorry guys but my partner and I had forgotten about this tourney and it doesn't seem like anything's really happening any more... We'd like not to have to worry about it, so I guess if anybody's even running this tournament still, they could either replace us or take us out (forfeit us). Thanks

First round was fun though, ggs Rey-Rey + partner
When's the next bloodbath of awesome? I don't have a clear schedule but stay home a lot anyway.

Also, I might use Luigi instead of Pikachu. MAYBE. I'm not sure who's Specials I like better. I like Luigi's Up Sp. and Down Sp. But I also like Pikachu's Up and Down Specials. You know what? I like Luigi's throws too. Not Pikachu's. I guess it's Luigi Ftw, then...

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Sorry fur the double post (:c), But when's the next bloodbath of awesome? I don't have a clear schedule but stay home a lot anyway.

Edit: Aw, Crud. My Wii Remote's battery died, and we won't be going to Best Buy for a while. Count me out of the Tournament. :'(

Top Bottom