• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the poketourney

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Doesn't matter, matchups go out the window when items are involved anyway.
I forgot this, completely. Lost for the week.

DTK, you need a teammate. I strongly suggest a CPU.:applejack:

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
I read the thread, lucas. Just playing the waiting game. If one doesn't show up then i'll go on a waiting list.

:phone:

zmx

Smash Lord
Doesn't matter, matchups go out the window when items are involved anyway.

...Which reminds me, how high is the frequency for the Poke Balls supposed to be? I don't think that was mentioned.
I'm actually hoping that if all parties agree, we are allowed to turn the poke balls completely off.

Because honestly, I doubt most people here want any sort of items on. Not only does it kill the fun but there's a chance the better team doesn't end up winning when items are on. This just isn't fair. A lesser team should not win because a broken poke ball appeared next to one of them during their final stocks.

What is more if you want online competitions such as this to be taken more seriously (which means more people would enter so there would be more hype/fun) you simply can't have items on.

This is the first doubles tourny in a long time as far as I'm aware, let's make it the best it can be.

So for these reasons Tatsu, I sincerely hope you'll reconsider that rule.

zmx

Smash Lord
If he allowed that we could finally kick things off as we'd then have 8 teams. She is a pokemon after all.

HYPE

Also I got your message global. Rest assured none of that stuff is going to happen in the Xat now. It's quite peaceful there since those kinds of players left. Looking forward to a Bloke tourny.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Zmx, the people who played in blokes are still all there lol. I don't think they can resist being salty for long... though I really hope I'm wrong.

Rey-Rey

Smash Cadet
Tatsu, I am sorry but its cuz my partner wont stop bugging me until i try nd change our team name ._. I know this is like the second time but can u change our entry to this:

1.Team Harden

Rey-Rey & Juan /Rey: ) & Kitty /0818-4230-0406/ Mr. G&W, Pit

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
It's fine with me, glow. You can decide the name if you'd like.

zmx

Smash Lord
^Hurray

Now once Tatsu adds everyone and answers about the item issue, we can start this tourny.

/Hype

Aibou

Smash Master
Does anyone else even have any objection to the Poke Balls? I know I don't...

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Likewise. I may even pick a character with a showy glide toss. I joined this to express my wub fer tatsu. <3

zmx, this tourney is going to be hell for you, I am sorry.:applejack:

zmx

Smash Lord
Likewise. I may even pick a character with a showy glide toss. I joined this to express my wub fer tatsu. <3

Most characters that can do the best glide tosses, just happen to have the hardest ones to do. Falco/Wario etc. ZSS is pretty easy though (please don't pick her!).

But then again considering you're a technical monster you probably know the timing for all of them. I suggest you go Wario then.

Oh and btw since Team Attack is always on this makes items on even worse. But w/e. Perhaps another time we can have an actual legit tourny. Whether you win or lose, when it's because of items, it's equally lame.

zmx

Smash Lord
"I suggest you go Wario". Not "I command you to go Wario".

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
There's quite a lot of pikachus in this... could be cause its pokemon themed but i find it funny lol
and I'm confused about the pokeball situation, are there going to be any or not?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My Wario is horrible. I may go PT in spirit of the tourney, it's not bad at all; feels like my best character under certain circumstances. Incidentally, I reiterate:
:applejack:

zmx

Smash Lord
There are going to be pokeballs. At this point all we can hope for is we are allowed to at least set items to the lowest possible.

:/

Edit:

Zatch, iirc your PT is solid, I don't mind. I don't remember what kind of glide tosses the three have though.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Shouldn't the character you choose be the character you're most comfortable with? It shouldn't be rocket surgery decide amongst each other which two make a good team. Smells like indecision to me.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
4383-3728-0966 anytime you want to try glow i have something to do but i can be done in 5 minutes.

zmx

Smash Lord
Shouldn't the character you choose be the character you're most comfortable with? It shouldn't be rocket surgery decide amongst each other which two make a good team. Smells like indecision to me.

There are certain characters that work better with others. GnW and ZSS, Lucas and Ness etc. Also the stage is a big factor as well. Some characters like Falco are far worse in doubles than singles as well. I'm cool with Zatch choosing PT though. PS2 is actually a really good stage for Snake :D

I certainly still would have preferred more stage choice though.

zmx

Smash Lord
Tatsu, Zatch and I already posted our info but in case you missed it:

Albatross
FC: 0775-5183-3817
Tag: Azay. or Anais
Character: Pokemon Trainer

zmx
FC: 0218-4544-7299
Tag: Blaze
Character: Snake

Unfortunately, I don't know how to generate the character pics. That's the reason I displayed it in this format.

tatsu

Smash Cadet
the hidden land in pmd3 (i'll never tell!!!!!)
Tatsu, Zatch and I, already posted our info but in case you missed it:

Albatross
FC: 0775-5183-3817
Tag: Azay. or Anais
Character: Pokemon Trainer/Ike

zmx
FC: 0218-4544-7299
Tag: Blaze
Character: Snake/Wario

Unfortunately, I don't know how to generate the character pics. That's the reason I displayed it in this format.
you just made it you are the last entrants!!!!!!!! and you must choose one or the other not both...

zmx

Smash Lord
If you are talking about tags just go with Azay for Albatross.

If you are talking about characters then for me it's Snake and for him it's Pokemon Trainer.

zmx

Smash Lord
Tatsu you still haven't explained what the item policy is.

Are we allowed to take off pokeballs? If they have to be on are they at least on low?

?????

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My tag with anyone that isn't Ike/Sheik is Glo-W, my apologies for not updating that. Also, concuring with Aibou on his question, even though I'm only intent on using one character.

Well, technically 3. Bracket heep.:applejack:

Top Bottom