• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the poketourney

tatsu

Smash Cadet
the hidden land in pmd3 (i'll never tell!!!!!)
:pokeball::pokeball:Welcome to my first ever Pokemon-themed tournament:pokeball::pokeball:

:mistyface:this tournament is a doubles kind of deal so there are teams in this tournament:mistyface:
you can choose only one character from the following tiers: a and lower
there WILL be Pokeballs

Metaknight is banned
think of some team name that revolves around a move used in Pokemon
examples of team names: team thundershock, team water pulse, team fire blast etc.

time is unlimited and the stock is 3.

sets are best of three

your registration form must be filled out like this

Team Name
Player1/Gamer Tag/Friend Code/Characters
Player2/Gamer Tag/Friend Code/Characters

UNLESS YOU'RE ON THE SAME CONSOLE FOLLOW THIS VERSION

FORMAT IF YOUR PARTNER IS ON THE SAME CONSOLE:
Team Name
username/gamer tags for each player/friend code for one system/characters

also team attack will be on so you must trust your partner!!!!!!!

the only stage available is Pokemon stadium (brawl)

there is no prize... sadly:urg:

I'll post brackets once we get 8 teams (14 players,I'm joining my brother might)

:grin:Good luck brawlers and train hard for victory!!!!!!:grin:

Brawlers!!!!!!

1.TeamTeam Harden
Rey-Rey & Juan /Rey: ) & Kitty /0818-4230-0406/:gw:,:pit:

2.Team Splash
Sokay + Pikle / KMK + J&W / 2879-4641-1371 /:wario:,:rob:

3.Zap Cannon Blasters

Alberto/1866/4168-7225-6507/:lucario:
Omar/0t4r/1461-5925-6063/:pikachu2:

4.Team Thunder
ElNoNombreHombre/ENNH/1548-8263-8134/:pikachu:
The Nameless Wanderer/Zolo/0388-5662-9269/:pikachu:

5.team attract
C.S. Dinah/Glory/2964-9820-5970/:peach:
Aibou/Aibs/2580-5379-9502/:sheilda:

6.Team Fusion Bolt

global-wolf/GLO-W/3567-2663-3523/:pikachu2:
DTK.L/DTK/4383-3728-0966/:ike:

7. Team Explosion
Albatross/0775-5183-3817/Azay. or Anais/Pokemon Trainer
zmx/0218-4544-7299/Blaze/Snake

8. Team Dragon Rage
tatsu/TATSU/2022-3689-5397/:ike:
Link2thelost90/~Wes~/2664-8387-0330/:marth:

the brackets will be posted on 1/8/12 at 9:00 am
you MUST battle within a day of the time assigned to you. no buts about it!!!!!!
and if you did not brawl already make sure you send a replay of your matches to me that way it'll be so much simpler

Rey-Rey

Smash Cadet
Is it ok if my partner's friend code is the same as mine, like that when we have a match, he just plays with me on my Wii?
And how many characters can we enter?

global-wolf

Smash Champion
6 stock matches would take an awfully long time. o.o

Team attack On is also standard for doubles tournies, because you have to really work together with your partner. This thread is a great resource for online tournament hosts. Good luck :)

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
When I first read the title I thought this was pokemon tournament as in the ds .-. oh well... I suppose I'll join if I find a partner.

Aibou

Smash Master
Is there a particular reason why Low Tiers are banned? Just curious here. Meta Knight I can understand, but why ban Low Tiers...?

Aibou

Smash Master
because the aim is to be the best with the stronger characters so if you have a strength with any of the ranked characters from above you'll be in the clear. If not... well better luck next time. sorry for that.:urg:

Well crap, I main Zelda in doubles. So much for that...

Rey-Rey

Smash Cadet
Ok...I would like to join :)
the friend codes on me nd my partner will be the same because we will be playing with the same wii...

Team Aqua-Ferno
Rey-Rey/Rey: )/0818-4230-0406/ Mr. G&W
Juan/Kitty/0818-4230-0406/ Pit

Aibou

Smash Master
well as long as you switch from zelda to shiek and back to zelda again you are considered good... but keep zelda in the whole match and you will be disqualified
Meh, too much hassle. I'll sit this one out. Good luck though, doubles tournies can be hard to host here in the OTL, especially in these inactive times.

KMK

Smash Rookie
Sounds fun...! My bro and I would like to play.

Team Splash
Sokay + Pikle / KMK + J&W / 2879-4641-1371 / :wario: , :rob:

Rey-Rey

Smash Cadet
haha you can simplify my teams thing in the front to:

Team Aqua-Ferno:
Rey-Rey & Juan /Rey: ) & Kitty /0818-4230-0406/

(just so it can look like everyone elses lol...)

zmx

Smash Lord
what's friendly fire? if you're talking about hitting your teammate no

You're new here so just so you know, every single official doubles tourny has friendly fire ON. It makes it more challenging and fun as you have to be careful.

I definitively think it should be on because it always is, and I'm not going to enter if it isn't. Otherwise I wouldn't consider it a legit tourny at all.

Edit:

Wait a minute you contradicted yourself. You said team attack (friendly fire) is on in the original post....
Also lol @ only pokemon stadium.

Really if you want more people to join this tourny, you should really stick to common tourny rules everyone is familiar with.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
You're new here so just so you know, every single official doubles tourny has friendly fire ON. It makes it more challenging and fun as you have to be careful.

I definitively think it should be on because it always is, and I'm not going to enter if it isn't. Otherwise I wouldn't consider it a legit tourny at all.

Edit:

Wait a minute you contradicted yourself. You said team attack (friendly fire) is on in the original post....
Also lol @ only pokemon stadium.

Really if you want more people to join this tourny, you should really stick to common tourny rules everyone is familiar with.
If you read down, you would see that I asked him to turn team attack on.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll team with you if you do not have a partner, zmx. Nothing in the rules that I have a problem with, though that's probably just my apathy.:applejack:

zmx

Smash Lord
I'll team with you if you do not have a partner, zmx. Nothing in the rules that I have a problem with, though that's probably just my apathy.:applejack:
Well, I suppose even if TC doesn't want to change his rules this tourny, it's still better than nothing. I'm still annoyed at my self for missing the last tourny.

Sure, I'll partner with you then.

zmx

Smash Lord
If you read down, you would see that I asked him to turn team attack on.
I saw that but didn't know he had changed his original post because of that or at all. My mistake.

One stage being allowed isn't terrible I guess. Let's hope this tourny gets enough people to kick off then.

Link2thelost90

Smash Lord
I'd like to join though I lack a partner. :urg:
Anyone like to team, preferably someone who knows what they're doing and can adapt well enough that I won't be eating more damage from them than I am the opponents. :laugh:
Joking aside im not necessarily picky as long as your dependable and say, don't go completely inactive after just joining the tourney. :rolleyes:

tatsu

Smash Cadet
the hidden land in pmd3 (i'll never tell!!!!!)
I'd like to join though I lack a partner. :urg:
Anyone like to team, preferably someone who knows what they're doing and can adapt well enough that I won't be eating more damage from them than I am the opponents. :laugh:
Joking aside im not necessarily picky as long as your dependable and say, don't go completely inactive after just joining the tourney. :rolleyes:
I'll join your team if you don't mind being team dragon rage (my brother has school)

zmx

Smash Lord
When doing the matches feel free to use this chat to communicate and setup with the other 3 people:
http://xat.com/chat/room/158124163/

ATT: Zatch

Just realized we need a name. Since he wants it to be Pokemon Themed, I was thinking of "Team: Explosion". Assuming you go Ike and I go Snake it fits. Snake for obvious reasons and Ike for eruption and his insanely powerful fsmash/tippered usmash. I might bring out my Wario as well btw.

Don't forget to post your FC and online Tag.

Tatsu here is mine
FC: 0218-4544-7299
Tag: Blaze

Edit:

Also do we HAVE to have poke balls on? I'm sure I'm not the only one that prefers no items. Is it okay to take them off if all parties involved in the match agree?

Also I hope you reconsider allowing low tiers. So far we have lost two potential players because they main Zelda/Puff in doubles. And Puff is a pokemon!

Link2thelost90

Smash Lord
@tatsu Sure sounds good.
Link2thelost90/~Wes~/2664-8387-0330/:marth: :dk2: :gw:
Like Team Sword Dance just cause Ike + Marth though im fine keeping Dragon Rage if you like it/you'd like. :D

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatross
I'll team with you if you do not have a partner, zmx. Nothing in the rules that I have a problem with, though that's probably just my apathy.
Well, I suppose even if TC doesn't want to change his rules this tourny, it's still better than nothing. I'm still annoyed at my self for missing the last tourny.

Sure, I'll partner with you then.
Zmx and Zatch teaming up .-. oh boy this should be fun

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Whatever you find apt, zmx, I'm nonchalant. I might use Sheik more for the tourney, depending on the connection.:applejack:

Alberto, I'm wet garbage after playing so much MW3. XD

FC: 0775-5183-3817
Tag: Azay. or Anais

zmx

Smash Lord
Whatever you find apt, zmx, I'm nonchalant. I might use Sheik more for the tourney, depending on the connection.:applejack:

Alberto, I'm wet garbage after playing so much MW3. XD

FC: 0775-5183-3817
Tag: Azay. or Anais
I'd much rather you try out Ike first. I may be wrong but I feel he is much better in doubles than shiek. Shiek relies on juggles and setups for kills and damage. Ike on the other hand can get by with great spacing, reads and of course his smashes which would be much more effective in doubles.

But like I said, ultimately you probably know which character would be better for doubles for you.

zmx

Smash Lord
Cool, now we only need one more team and we can kick this thing off.

Right now I'm not looking forward to facing the double pikachu team.........especially if Zatch goes Ike and I go Snake lol. Bad MUs for both of us. That's probably our biggest threat by far.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I honestly do not have issues with Pikachu, especially as Ike. That's near the least of my worries regarding this tourney.:applejack:

Hope we get the final entrants soon enough.

Aibou

Smash Master
Doesn't matter, matchups go out the window when items are involved anyway.

...Which reminds me, how high is the frequency for the Poke Balls supposed to be? I don't think that was mentioned.

Top Bottom