• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pokedex. PT doesn't care enough to analyze 120 matchups. (Update 7/16)

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Dammit Toby, I wanted to sig that.
*continues lurking*
EDIT:Steeler's post history is like a sig shop.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Of course itll be a while until i actually start work on the MU videos
I still am doing the ivysuar video right now, but i would like to wait until i get a better way to capture video since the way i have now is extrememly low quality

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Of course itll be a while until i actually start work on the MU videos
I still am doing the ivysuar video right now, but i would like to wait until i get a better way to capture video since the way i have now is extrememly low quality
could be worse, you could have to use a crappy *** webcam like I do. :(

Asa

Smash Hero
I've been using a normal camera with the video option, and the quality came out ok

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I've been using a normal camera with the video option, and the quality came out ok
It also depends on what type of TV you have and the angle you're shooting at. Some TVs have an option to lower the frame rate so that the quality will come out clearer when recording directly via a camera as well.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
It also depends on what type of TV you have and the angle you're shooting at. Some TVs have an option to lower the frame rate so that the quality will come out clearer when recording directly via a camera as well.
I usually get black bars flying up my TV if I don't get a good angle on my webcam or if I get too close to my TV, though it could be because of those settings you were talking about. only problem is I lost the remote to my tv and I dont think there is a menu button on it.

pkmntrainer12

Smash Rookie
Ivysaur has the range to keep up with Snake thats y it is even... just dont get close to him so he cant Up-Smash or Side-Smash u. get him off stage and pwn his recovery with a F-Air or U-Air... its about spamming Razor Leaf and comboing off that... hence Ivysaur and Snake are neutral

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
I wouldn't say its even...ivy gets ***** in the air by snake and if you razor leaf a ton while he's throwing nades you'll get hit pretty hard. Bullet seed ***** him though but dont miss...

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
yeah that's not neutral in the slightest. squirtle is the closest and has a chance of going even, but that's no fatigue squirtle. snake beats PT 65-35 imo. all that means is that this is a tough matchup and you have to outplay your opponent by a decent margin.

i should probably just take that chart down lol

Toby.

Smash Master
Probably :p

One of the problems with Ivy vs snake is that our main damage moves rely on tricking the opponent into stuff like bullet seed. Whereas the opponent can do massive damage with reliable tilts AND can trick us into super low percent deaths.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
and he outpokes us with flat-out better tilts in pretty much every way. and we lack the aerial mobility to go that route

T-block

B2B TST
Ivy as a character vs. Snake is like 30-70.

Ivy played only to be defensive and stall for time, while slowly tacking on bits of damage is closer to 40-60 if you have enough room on the stage ;D Ivy doesn't have to KO to be useful.

I think we should start thinking about matchups more like this, and less like "average the top two individual matchups".

Toby.

Smash Master
And he lives longer, recovers better, moves faster, and has better zoning.

LOL IVYSAUR

edit OMFG T-BLOCK THAT IS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING FOR LIKE 2 YEARS. YES.

You agree too Steeler don't you? DON'T YOU.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
is this that same guy who we had that massive 'your wrong' rant with a while back, the one that 'doesnt care' for the dthrow? if so LOL

Tekk001

Smash Apprentice
As a snake main i say Squirtles water gun is a great tool for fighting snakes. I hate being off the ledge or even above squirtle. My few options get read sooo easily after i get watergunned off the stage, let alone any grenades i threw come back to me. I also have to agree with Toby, pivot grab is amazing against squirlte.

T-block

B2B TST
Unstickied since the information here is horribly outdated

If anyone wants to lead a new matchup discussion, feel free to volunteer in this thread. I know people have been discouraged about getting MU discussions done in the past, but I think it's worth another shot. If no one wants to do it, then Zigsta and I will get something started eventually.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Luigi is giving me issues, especially with Ivysaur and Charizard getting juggled so easily.

Should we perhaps talk about Luigi as our next match up?

T-block

B2B TST
=o hi chompy

i wouldn't mind discussing luigi... i believe the plan right now is to have one high tier and one mid-low tier discussion going at the same time. up to kith.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
A whole year without an update is a long time. Would it be alright if I take over the character match up for a while to keep things moving?

Top Bottom