• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phantom Mafia - So This Is How Liberty Dies

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It broke, if only alpha was here then he could've seen who visited in me. At least it means the tied lynch was town v town.
Interesting....

So moy was disarmed, yet someone still attacked you. But my bp stayed safe.

There's only one person who to my knowledge did not know you would get the BP.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Interesting....

I redirected Z25 to myself so she wasn't disabled

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Last night I used my second ability, which more or less everyone seems to have forgotten about; it said Nabe used an ability of Grey alignment. So if FE did get attacked, then that probably means Nabe wasn't responsible, since duels seem to be all of Dark alignment.

So... I'm confused right now. Is it possible the Sith can actually use their own ability in addition to their duel?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Interesting....

No, dude.

Fire redirected you last Night. So your BP and your disable should have gone to him.

You told Moydow about the BP going to Fire?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last night I used my second ability, which more or less everyone seems to have forgotten about; it said Nabe used an ability of Grey alignment. So if FE did get attacked, then that probably means Nabe wasn't responsible, since duels seem to be all of Dark alignment.

So... I'm confused right now. Is it possible the Sith can actually use their own ability in addition to their duel?
I would say that's pretty likely. vaan has made it clear that free actions and those that cost points can be used side by side and on the same night.

If that's the case, the kills are likely the mafia's free action since they don't have things used to help town.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I would say that's pretty likely. vaan has made it clear that free actions and those that cost points can be used side by side and on the same night.

If that's the case, the kills are likely the mafia's free action since they don't have things used to help town.
How would wagers work then if its free?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How would wagers work then if its free?
Hm good point.

Maybe they can still use points for duels and separate abilities. Although that be pretty broken so it may not be likely. The mafia death pms don't clear too much up though.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Anyways we don't know how the tie occurred yesterday, but that may be our link to finding scum. Honestly, with 3 possible candidates for scum, moydow, shishoe and nabe, I got a clear idea on how to have town victory.

D

Deleted member

So, did no one give me force points or what?

I don't think Factional Duels go into this classification though
I'm confused by this, what are you saying?

I was about to address this next.

Care to comment Shishoe?
Gambling is just like learning a valuable life lesson or smth
So out of those 3 who do you all want to lynch?
I thought it had become pretty clear I'm clean a long time ago.
Anyways, considering Z25 is clean with the bulletproof thing...

Vote: Nabe

He's the one who wanted Alpha gone the most yesterDay by forcing the "tiebreaker" to end on him. You and Moy just agreed to his shenanigans

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So out of those 3 who do you all want to lynch?
I guess since my check on Nabe came up as Grey, and duels are likely to be Dark instead, I'd have to go with Shish.

Though looking at the wording of my ability again, it says it only checks "Force abilities". Is it possible the mafia's faction duel isn't counted as a Force ability, and therefore wouldn't be seen by my ability? In that case I'd look at Nabe again.

#HBC | Nabe

So, did no one give me force points or what?

I don't think Factional Duels go into this classification though

I thought it had become pretty clear I'm clean a long time ago.
Anyways, considering Z25 is clean with the bulletproof thing...

Vote: Nabe

He's the one who wanted Alpha gone the most yesterDay by forcing the "tiebreaker" to end on him. You and Moy just agreed to his shenanigans
not me, dad

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I guess since my check on Nabe came up as Grey, and duels are likely to be Dark instead, I'd have to go with Shish.

Though looking at the wording of my ability again, it says it only checks "Force abilities". Is it possible the mafia's faction duel isn't counted as a Force ability, and therefore wouldn't be seen by my ability? In that case I'd look at Nabe again.
I can’t see it not be a force ability but in all honestly anything could be possible.

We have no true idea on how kills from mafia work given the force points factor.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I mostly just wanted to avoid letting it go to a random lynch, so once FE switched I felt I had to switch my vote too. Though Alpha's ability probably would have been more useful in the current situation, so even if it was town v town, I guess you were kind of right in the end. Don't let it get to your head too much, though. :p

Considering Alpha was a tracker and could potentially get a bingo if anyone got duelled, it makes sense that a mafioso might want to arrange for him to die instead. And Nabe definitely tried pretty hard to get rid of Alpha.

#HBC | Nabe

I mostly just wanted to avoid letting it go to a random lynch, so once FE switched I felt I had to switch my vote too. Though Alpha's ability probably would have been more useful in the current situation, so even if it was town v town, I guess you were kind of right in the end. Don't let it get to your head too much, though. :p

Considering Alpha was a tracker and could potentially get a bingo if anyone got duelled, it makes sense that a mafioso might want to arrange for him to die instead. And Nabe definitely tried pretty hard to get rid of Alpha.
Obviously that was not a good lynch, in retrospect. But my reasoning was impeccable, right up until Shish said, "But remember how praline tried to frame Alpha?" which really soured the salmon.

#HBC | Nabe

I was not informed
I wasn't two Nights ago, either.

I don't really ascribe to the idea that Z25 is cleared. He was talking about disabling Moydow in the PM, repeatedly, and had seemingly no idea that we were talking about redirecting him somewhere. And he intended the armour to go to Shish. If Z25 is mafia and meant to clear himself by giving away a moveable BP to one player while shooting another player, then the shot and the armour going to the same player wasn't his plan.

I still think that Z25 didn't try to recover his own lynch, which suggests that maybe he didn't do it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There’s two things I think should be discussed.

1) if nabe is mafia how did he attempt to kill alpha? He was disabled then. And my skill seems to have nothing that can make it fail.

2) why hide the fact the bulletproof was damaged nabe? Mafia likely wouldn’t target the same person twice in a role.

And bonus:

3) since it’s out in the open shishoe. You should really explain your bomb claim and your role.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wasn't two Nights ago, either.

I don't really ascribe to the idea that Z25 is cleared. He was talking about disabling Moydow in the PM, repeatedly, and had seemingly no idea that we were talking about redirecting him somewhere. And he intended the armour to go to Shish. If Z25 is mafia and meant to clear himself by giving away a moveable BP to one player while shooting another player, then the shot and the armour going to the same player wasn't his plan.

I still think that Z25 didn't try to recover his own lynch, which suggests that maybe he didn't do it.
Someone who speaks like you in strangely put together sentences from time to time that confuse me, shouldn’t really be used as a reason for my claim.

Give me one good reason why the hell a mafia would have a givable bullet proof?

On top of that, I already told you, I’ve been thinking way into this game. I’m a person who looks at all he possible outcomes, so yeah I got lost in thought in our conversation while trying to map out events in case something went wrong and a kill still went through.

So sue me, I am constantly thinking that really shouldn’t be a problem.

Also if I’m to be brutally honest, my thoughts aren’t as clear as they once were irl due to all the **** I’ve been through these past three years but that’s not something I need to bring up here.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
One thing I'll note is that Nabe was informed that I was thinking about redirecting z25 to myself.
Anyways, I would like to hear if shish's bomb claim was true or a bluff

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Though with nabe being disabled I doubt he could duel so I'm thinking either shish or moydow is our lynch.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Ebwodp Nabe was disabled the night alpha was attacked, so it clears him, as alpha likely told the truth as a jedi.

D

Deleted member

There’s two things I think should be discussed.

1) if nabe is mafia how did he attempt to kill alpha? He was disabled then. And my skill seems to have nothing that can make it fail.

2) why hide the fact the bulletproof was damaged nabe? Mafia likely wouldn’t target the same person twice in a role.

And bonus:

3) since it’s out in the open shishoe. You should really explain your bomb claim and your role.
Oh, right, thanks for clearing Nabe

Vote: Z25

also
You guys need to read my posts

#HBC | Nabe

Idea: If Z25 has the most votes on him at the end of a Day, he has an ability (passive?) that automatically ties him with the second-highest wagon instead.

Fire actually suggested this last Day to a certain regard, but he suggested it had been my ability. :rotfl:

Here's where Z25 voted for Alpha:
Well since it looks like I'm being lynched which won't get us anywhere.

I'll repeat this for the billionth time. There is almost never a reason to lynch me in these games. I've never been mafia and realistically it will probably stay that way. But I digress as nothings likely to change.

Regardless after today, Alpha seems to be a potential mafia based on what #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe presented.

If it's somehow not Alpha based on what went down today, then Nabe would make sense, but I disarmed Nabe, so he couldn't have dueled anyone last night.

Shishoe is definitely not mafia, Fire is confirmed, and when Moy flipped town, I was gonna block Alpha tonight.

But I guess that's not happening.

Maybe my words here will at least prove that Alpha is our likely last mafia and the duel claim is a lie. After all we can't prove it. That's why I asked for how many points he had at the start and how many he used to win. But conveniently that was never answered so his lie could be avoided.

Anyway:

Vote:Alpha

Not that it looks like this will matter but I hold my stance. We'd need to tie it up for anything to happen.

I joked about the bolded sentence at Night with Fire, but the circumstances really are suspect. Z25 voted for Alpha less than an hour before deadline, and this post from him was an appeal to lynch Alpha. But Z25 played throughout his lynch as if he was giving up, just like Koops did. That worked on me; I got spooked by his play here, and when the tie showed up, I went in the opposite direction onto Alpha. At that point, Z25 posted a pretty good post about Alpha's inactivity, which led both Fire and Moydow to vote for Alpha as well.

I don't want to fall into the trap of thinking that Moydow is the only possible mafia, and the more I think about this, the more it makes sense to me. It also makes me recall that the Z25 lynch really did have strong legs. Koops got bussed, and Z25 looks like the one who did it, and Z25 was weirdly preoccupied with the existence of a godfather.

Top Bottom