• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phantom Mafia - So This Is How Liberty Dies

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well since it looks like I'm being lynched which won't get us anywhere.

I'll repeat this for the billionth time. There is almost never a reason to lynch me in these games. I've never been mafia and realistically it will probably stay that way. But I digress as nothings likely to change.

Regardless after today, Alpha seems to be a potential mafia based on what #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe presented.

If it's somehow not Alpha based on what went down today, then Nabe would make sense, but I disarmed Nabe, so he couldn't have dueled anyone last night.

Shishoe is definitely not mafia, Fire is confirmed, and when Moy flipped town, I was gonna block Alpha tonight.

But I guess that's not happening.

Maybe my words here will at least prove that Alpha is our likely last mafia and the duel claim is a lie. After all we can't prove it. That's why I asked for how many points he had at the start and how many he used to win. But conveniently that was never answered so his lie could be avoided.

Anyway:

Vote:Alpha

Not that it looks like this will matter but I hold my stance. We'd need to tie it up for anything to happen.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Well since it looks like I'm being lynched which won't get us anywhere.

I'll repeat this for the billionth time. There is almost never a reason to lynch me in these games. I've never been mafia and realistically it will probably stay that way. But I digress as nothings likely to change.

Regardless after today, Alpha seems to be a potential mafia based on what #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe presented.

If it's somehow not Alpha based on what went down today, then Nabe would make sense, but I disarmed Nabe, so he couldn't have dueled anyone last night.

Shishoe is definitely not mafia, Fire is confirmed, and when Moy flipped town, I was gonna block Alpha tonight.

But I guess that's not happening.

Maybe my words here will at least prove that Alpha is our likely last mafia and the duel claim is a lie. After all we can't prove it. That's why I asked for how many points he had at the start and how many he used to win. But conveniently that was never answered so his lie could be avoided.

Anyway:

Not that it looks like this will matter but I hold my stance. We'd need to tie it up for anything to happen.
Given we could afford a mislynch, might as well see if Alpha is truthful or not. If you do flip town, we'll look in Alpha.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Anyway:

Given we could afford a mislynch, might as well see if Alpha is truthful or not. If you do flip town, we'll look in Alpha.
I'm amazed that despite the evidence provided that shows I'm not scum, as well as the fact that I came clean about my role today, you both still have doubts over me. Hell, with my role revealed, I wouldn't be surprised if I don't make it through the night.

I was able to verify everyone's actions other than Nabe and Z25. Has got to be one or the other.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
"Reached an impasse, the Council has."

There is a tie between Z25 Z25 and AlphaSSB AlphaSSB .

The day will now enter a 1 hour tiebreaker period, counted from the time this post goes live.

Z25 and AlphaSSB may not vote, and #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier Moydow Moydow and @Shishœ may only vote for Z25 or AlphaSSB.

If a decision cannot be reached and there is a second tie, the potential lynch targets become immune, and one of the remaining players is selected at random and lynched.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
wait what, there's 3 votes on Z25, one on alpha, those z25 have last ditch multivote, Is he the Senate?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I know for a fact I’m not a double or triple voter so what the hell happened

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So someone here is hiding the ability to pass on votes to people.

If that doesn’t scream a Godfather role I don’t know what does

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So either Z25 was able to triple his votes, and/or somebody of FE, Shish, or Nabe had their vote count for zero?

Or possibly Z25 was hit with some Sith ability that caused his vote to be doubled or tripled?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
In any case, I really don't think letting it go to a random lynch is a good idea, and Alpha effectively had his role host confirmed, so

Vote: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So either Z25 was able to triple his votes, and/or somebody of FE, Shish, or Nabe had their vote count for zero?

Or possibly Z25 was hit with some Sith ability that caused his vote to be doubled or tripled?
the better question is why did they do this? If anything this is meant to incriminate me.

But let’s be honest how could I do this to myself? It would just paint me as scum so no way does a mafia member have this. Meaning someone is out to frame me.

What makes you assume this rather than a null vote?
Null vote? What do you mean?

Also my guess on whoae responsible. It’s you or alpha.

More likely alpha imo.

This is literally a setup and meant to mess with people.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
the better question is why did they do this? If anything this is meant to incriminate me.

But let’s be honest how could I do this to myself? It would just paint me as scum so no way does a mafia member have this. Meaning someone is out to frame me.
You were already the lynch. Why would someone frame you?

Don't actually answer this though, waiting for Moydow Moydow .

#HBC | Nabe

Vaan literally modconfirmed Alpha's role but nice try
Vaan confirmed that he gave Alpha an erroneous result. If Alpha is a scum info role, and was basing his Moydow push on what he thought was a real hole in Moydow's Night action claim, then this ends up the same way, only Alpha has the benefit of what looks like a mod clear. Vaan isn't out here clearing players, he's the host.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Moydow Moydow
What do you think the motive is in doing this? Did Alpha or Z25 do it?

Note: this question is not directed at anyone else.
Oh, me specifically? Hmm...

Well, when I think about it some more, it's kind of hard to imagine Z25 intentionally putting himself in this situation. There was only one vote on Alpha, so that it went to a tiebreaker immediately casts Z in a bad light. Though he was on the brink of being lynched anyway, so it could also be just a last-ditch attempt to buy himself some more time to plead his case, and leverage the ensuing confusion to his advantage.

If it was somebody other than Z25, then clearly it's an attempt to frame him and cause a mislynch. We've already seen someone with the ability to make a vote count for zero, so it's not impossible to imagine someone with the ability to cause votes to increase in magnitude. But I find it hard to see Alpha being responsible, he wasn't on course to be lynched so he'd have no reason to force a tiebreaker, unless he thinks this episode will somehow make us see him as more trustworthy. But I can't explain how it would have that effect.

So I think either Z25 is responsible and is trying to buy more time, or someone else is out to cause confusion and make us doubt the veracity of Alpha's claims. Of which the former seems the most likely right now. But either way the motive is clearly to confuse us and make us start doubting the information we have available to us.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If it was somebody other than Z25, then clearly it's an attempt to frame him and cause a mislynch.
Though all that said, I just realised: why would anyone need to frame Z25 if he was already on track to be lynched? Hmm. Need to think about this some more still, clearly.

#HBC | Nabe

Okay, I don't think Moydow Moydow is going to respond in time for my liking.

Z25 doesn't seem to be arguing to not get lynched, so I don't think he expected the reprieve.
Alpha is unlikely to have done this, but let's assume a mod clear on Alpha and return to that in a second.

So it's one of @Shishœ, Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier , Moydow, and let's include me.

Fire is a really real redirector, and if Vaan put two redirectors in one scumteam, that's cancer.
Shish is definitely handing out lightsabers like candy.
So it's Moydow or me. Or is it?

The assumption of a mod clear on Alpha is actually wrong, as I've said. But Alpha definitely thought that he was mod cleared in town's eyes, as he's been calling himself cleared for the past hour. If Alpha is scum, and followed this thought pattern, it's to frame Moydow / me, which is two mislynches in that case.

So, we direct actions.

Z25 Z25 , if you agree to disable Moydow, we won't lynch you toDay.
AlphaSSB AlphaSSB , if you agree to track Moydow, we won't lynch you toDay.

Act extremely fast! These claims are so bold, I literally can't promise to follow through on them!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Nabe how can we be so sure it wasn't you. You might have an ability to force a tie to occur. Especially with one of Mace's popular lines being "We'll let the senate decide your fate"

#HBC | Nabe

Nabe how can we be so sure it wasn't you. You might have an ability to force a tie to occur. Especially with one of Mace's popular lines being "We'll let the senate decide your fate"
It wasn't. But you know my role, and you and I both have a very good idea how we'll try and clear that idea up toNight.

Top Bottom