• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phantom Mafia - So This Is How Liberty Dies

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
GENERAL MAFIA RULES

- Players are divided into one of three possible factions: Town, Mafia, and Third Party. The Town faction is comprised of the majority of players, but they are unaware who makes up their group. Their goal is find and eliminate the mafia players. The Mafia faction is comprised of a minority of players, who are aware of who their allies are. Their goal is to work together and eliminate the town players. The third faction, Third Party, are unaligned with anyone and have unique goals and victory conditions, and they may or may not be present in the game at all.

- Before the game begins, players are secretly informed of their faction and assigned a role. These roles can range in utility, and offer extra options to use while playing. Each role will provide additional rules on how to use the role.

- Standard play is divided into two phases: Day and Night.

-During the day, all players speak openly in the main thread and decide among themselves which player will be eliminated from the game that phase. Each player may cast one vote to eliminate another player, and whoever has the most votes at the end of the phase is lynched and removed from the game.

- To cast a vote, post a message to the thread containing your vote in this format: Vote: Username.

- To remove a vote you've previously cast, post a message to the thread in this format: Unvote: Username.

- Votes must be bolded in order for them to be counted. Please make an effort to make your vote obvious. Hiding your vote in a body of text may result in it being missed and not counted. The vote results are final, even if your vote went uncounted because it was not easily visible.

- During the night, no talking is allowed in the main thread, and the mafia decide among themselves which player to eliminate during the phase.

- Eliminated players may no longer post in the thread.

POSTING RULES

- Absolutely no posting in the thread during the night phase.

- Messages may not be edited after posting. Players who edit their posts will be penalized.

- You may only quote messages from the main thread. You may not quote anything from any Private Messages, including host PMs. No posting screenshots of messages either. There is zero tolerance for breaking this rule, and may result in an immediate hostkill and removal from the game.

SETUP SPECIFIC RULES

TIED VOTES

- In the event of a tied vote on which player to lynch, the day is extended into a one hour tiebreaker round. The tied players may not vote, but all other players may vote again, and must vote for one of the tied players. Players must come to a decision to vote out one player. In the event of a second tie, the potential lynch targets become immune, and one of the remaining players is selected at random and lynched.

NIGHT COMMUNICATION

- During the Night phase, players may initiate Private Messages with each other and communicate outside of the main thread. PMs may only be sent to one player at a time; no group messages. Hosts must be added to ALL PMs. These PMs are left open during the day, but you may not continue posting in them until the next Night Phase.

THE POWER OF THE FORCE

- There are TWO kinds of role abilities in this game. Free Abilities, which cost no Force Points, and are limited in power and use, and Powered Up Abilities, which cost Force Points and are stronger and more versatile. All players have a limited pool of Force Points, and must strategically preserve these points, because these points also have a second use.

LIGHTSABER DUELING

- Traditional Nightkills have been replaced with Lightsaber Duels, giving targeted players a chance to defend themselves. The winner of the duel is determined by a double blind wager of Force Points. The attacking player chooses which player they want to challenge, and wagers a certain amount of points. At the turn of the phase, the defending player is informed of the attack, and wagers their own points in return. Whichever player wagered the most points wins the duel, with ties going to the defending player. If the attacking player wins the duel, the defending player is killed. If the defending player wins the duel, both players survive to fight another day.

The game is balanced around the idea of using limited resources to increase the strength of abilities while keeping enough in reserve to keep yourself safe from death.

DAWN PHASE

- Night phases last 23 hours, and are followed by a 1 hour Dawn Phase. During the Dawn Phase, players may not communicate with each other at all, neither in PM or in the main thread. Any duels that were initiated during the night will be resolved during this phase. If you were challenged to a duel during the previous night, you will be informed and must give your wager before the phase is up. If you believe you will be inactive during this phase, you may preemptively queue up a wager during the night phase that will be used only in the event you are challenged to a duel. If you do not respond to a duel challenge before the phase is up, it will count as a vote of zero points.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The Game needs at least 14 players to run

Game will probably start after Nabe's Mayo Clinic game finishes or gets far enough along that most people are eliminated.

PLAYER LIST

1. Pokechu
2. Nabe
3. LoneKonWolf
4. Maven89
5. ShinyLegendary/BardulL
6. FireEmblemNier
7. praline
8. Opossum
9. GoldenYuitusin
10. Z25
11. Natz
12. Jojalole
13. Moydow
14. AlphaSSB
15. Thirdkoopa
16. Shishoe

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I believe i'm out of times when the first thing that came to mind was not star wars, but instead theater. . .

Oh well. I'm disinclined in an non-standard game dued to the past experiences other have showed me. But i'll trust this man has he does seem to have a reasonable head and good views i agree. Therefore /in.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I believe i'm out of times when the first thing that came to mind was not star wars, but instead theater. . .

Oh well. I'm disinclined in an non-standard game dued to the past experiences other have showed me. But i'll trust this man has he does seem to have a reasonable head and good views i agree. Therefore /in.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I know less about Star Wars than I'd care to admit, so I guess I can be a replacement for now
I wouldn't be concerned about not knowing the flavor. It's just an excuse to try out a new mechanic or two. Worse thing you'll miss out on are the in-jokes.

Maven89

Smash Master
So while we’re waiting, I’ll say that I thought Last of the Jedi was a fairly good movie, but at the same time made me no longer care at all about Star Wars movies. I partially blame Arian Johnson but mainly blame Disney for pimping Star Wars out like its a $2 *****. If they were more cautious and released less Star Wars movies over a greater period of time they’d probably make a killing, by doing one movie every year they’re flushing their $4 billion purchase down the drain and will be lucky if they break even

D

Deleted member

I read the rules, do not worry.

Also a really good setup!

/in

So while we’re waiting, I’ll say that I thought Last of the Jedi was a fairly good movie, but at the same time made me no longer care at all about Star Wars movies. I partially blame Arian Johnson but mainly blame Disney for pimping Star Wars out like its a $2 *****. If they were more cautious and released less Star Wars movies over a greater period of time they’d probably make a killing, by doing one movie every year they’re flushing their $4 billion purchase down the drain and will be lucky if they break even
Last Jedi is not my least favorite Star Wars movie, but you do have a point when it killed my hype for Star Wars 9.
That is why my hype attention for Disney is at Marvel.

D

Deleted member

I read the rules, do not worry.

Also a really good setup!

/in

Last Jedi is not my least favorite Star Wars movie, but you do have a point when it killed my hype for Star Wars 9.
That is why my hype attention for Disney is at Marvel.
"The Last Jedi" I meant.

D

Deleted member

A. People won’t get mad for forgetting a “the” lmao. “Last Jedi” is enough for people to get it.
B. Game is far from beginning. Editing is allowef for the time being.
I have not talked to you in a while. Nice to see you in here.

How are you doing?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm most likely not going to be able to play with work and all but there's a chance I might be able to play. For now i'll be a spectator.

D

Deleted member

Make me able to self-destruct, and I'm in. :V

(Because I seem to do good when I can go boom)

D

Deleted member

If this is a Phantom Menace mafia, than I hope I do not get Jar Jar Binks.

D

Deleted member

....**** it.
Vaan. Make me Jar Jar.
Meesa gonna have some funsa with that!
I agree.

Vaan, make this Golden man Jar Jar Binks. Please.
It clearly is, and now I hope you do.
I know.

Vaan please do not make me end up jinxing myself.
Okay, now Vaan will see this and make me Jar Jar but whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm /in. Also awesome art, vaan.

Top Bottom