• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phantom Mafia - So This Is How Liberty Dies

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf
Why do you think we are lying? We literally checked him and he came up town.
Shiny read what i'm saying.

I labeled it out for completing sakes of opposition but completely dismissed and destroyed the idea with refuting in the same post.
In short, no i have no reason to believe you are lying, and gave reasoning to suspend any form of reasoning of why you would lie, so i take what you are saying as the truth no matter how bitter it is.

Please read the whole post and not only parts of it.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I have a blaster with three shots.

These shots prevent the target from performing a night action, but leaves them vulnerable to any duel attempt for that night.
I can't really think of any Jedi nor Sith that carried a blaster during the Prequels. The only one who comes sort of close is Kenobi in Episode 3, but that was more of a last ditch effort against Grievous and wasn't even his own blaster.
Are you an Indy or am I missing something?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I have.

And you have not refuted anything besides the host kill explanation. Everything else has been ignored, diverted to opposite conversation, or you simply metaphorically shrugged at to have no explanation.

The only other possibility i can come up with to explain the factor is that shiny lied about the result, which is insane conclusion to even come up with. As shiny proved to have full town intent trying to defend Katt so late in her lynch and has only showed to be helpful. He can't be a scum lying meaning he has to be telling the truth as there is no reason for a town member to lie over this.

I do not know why you brought this back up, when i have fully admitted to backing down in that same post. Just because i now have proof you are town does not mean i relinquish my thought process.
I don’t get that impression from this post, Kon.

D

Deleted member

I can't really think of any Jedi nor Sith that carried a blaster during the Prequels. The only one who comes sort of close is Kenobi in Episode 3, but that was more of a last ditch effort against Grievous and wasn't even his own blaster.
Are you an Indy or am I missing something?
I'm Plo Koon.

And yet my lightsaber is yellow despite him having a blue one.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I don’t get that impression from this post, Kon.
The only other possibility i can come up with to explain the factor is that shiny lied about the result, which is insane conclusion to even come up with. As shiny proved to have full town intent trying to defend Katt so late in her lynch and has only showed to be helpful. He can't be a scum lying meaning he has to be telling the truth as there is no reason for a town member to lie over this.
That paragraph exactly. I offer up the only possiblity i can think of as to explain the factor of nabes result not matching with the patterns shown would be that shiny lied on the result.

And in that same paragraph i label out that it was insane and used the reasoning of shinys actions of katherines check and the cooperation of the whole nabe vote as proof shiny has a town intent mindset, and as with a town intent mindset he has no reason to lie about the result. Making the implausibility of lying falsifying the only other possibility i can think of. And with that accepted defeat that my intuition is off.

What impression do you get if we are reading the same thing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m on mobile and I can’t expect Shiny to deal with the situation the way I want him to. Hopefully you guys forgive me for forgoing my self-imposed restriction.

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe , what do you think of Kon’s behavior? Let’s say hypothetically that myself and Shiny did in fact lie; what do you think it means?
Actually I hope we can talk more about that rule post game.

I understand why it’s in place but it’s also something I feel restricts play but that’s just a whole set of thoughts to be saved for later

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm Plo Koon.

I'm worried about the importance of saber colors honestly. Could just be a fun flavor thing (which I thought at first), but you having a saber color that is different than your character's usual saber is a little interesting to say the least.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'm worried about the importance of saber colors honestly. Could just be a fun flavor thing (which I thought at first), but you having a saber color that is different than your character's usual saber is a little interesting to say the least.
I wouldn't worry at all. I'm rather confident golden is who he says he is.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I'm Plo Koon.

So, I checked the Star Wars wiki, and according to the "Legends" section, Plo Koon apparently used a yellow lightsaber in some media. Notably some game called Jedi Power Battles. Though I haven't been able to find anything pointing to him using a blaster, which is odd.

I'm not thinking too much of it, myself. If anything, the saber colors are pointed out because someone has the ability to 'check' a player's saber color. Which could be interesting, though potentially useless.

D

Deleted member

So, I checked the Star Wars wiki, and according to the "Legends" section, Plo Koon apparently used a yellow lightsaber in some media. Notably some game called Jedi Power Battles. Though I haven't been able to find anything pointing to him using a blaster, which is odd.

I'm not thinking too much of it, myself. If anything, the saber colors are pointed out because someone has the ability to 'check' a player's saber color. Which could be interesting, though potentially useless.
Well, I mean, if they're Red, it's obviously Scum.
Anything else (considering this is Episode I themed, thus no Greivous) would be a friendly :V

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

Actually no. . . Most of the sith if i recall from my limited knowledge would use purple and red lightsabers. Meaning it can be a form of checking there.

Though that goes back to the form of cop theory which was brought up earlier. . . Hm.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I’m on mobile and I can’t expect Shiny to deal with the situation the way I want him to. Hopefully you guys forgive me for forgoing my self-imposed restriction.

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe , what do you think of Kon’s behavior? Let’s say hypothetically that myself and Shiny did in fact lie; what do you think it means?
If you didn't use the action on me and you wanted to shut Kon down anyway? More power to you. I don't know what motive you have to town-claim me as scum, and also I think a scumteam that doesn't contain you will kill you before me, meaning it would be suspicious if I died (as the town clear) before you did. I guess that's WIFOM, but I still don't see motive there aside from the creation of a WIFOM situation in and of itself.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Light saber colors could have some meaning. Sort of like how last game everyone was a baby Pokémon.

Of course those are different but both effected things to a small degree

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Because you're either scum or incoherently wrong, dude.
I'll keep to my thoughts and accept your town confirmation. Bardul and shiny have proved that enough.

I am no scum. I have been mulling over it for awhile whether or not to speak my role out here, but i'll speak it on out.

I am a tracker, for free i can track normally a player to see who they visited at night. I can power up my role using force points to instead track abilities.

For example, if in the main thread a player were to come out as doctor and they say they can protect someone, i can track to see if they used such that night.

After talking to golden i tracked his ability which he claimed was blaster and see if he indeed used it or not.

And i got back a confirmation that golden indeed used an ability that was blaster.

And him coming out to say that you were incapacitated which fits up with golden story proves that such a ability is confirmed and exists.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well since there’s only 5 hours left until I’m lynched who wants to be the lucky person that comes with me?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
If you didn't use the action on me and you wanted to shut Kon down anyway? More power to you. I don't know what motive you have to town-claim me as scum, and also I think a scumteam that doesn't contain you will kill you before me, meaning it would be suspicious if I died (as the town clear) before you did. I guess that's WIFOM, but I still don't see motive there aside from the creation of a WIFOM situation in and of itself.
We did lie. I want you to remember this for later. Regardless, we are unquestionably lynching praline.

When we used our ability on you at 7 votes to check for a double voter, Vaan surprised us and said “yeah your action failed and you can’t use your action again for this phase.” In essence, we weren’t told prior that we couldn’t use it more than once per phase. This is all alleged, so believe what you want.

We claimed that you were with the Jedi because your entire gameplay leading up to the very moment that we got our result indicated you were someone that was all too willing to get their alignment check. As a non-godfather, I am compelled to believe that you realized there was an incredibly likely chance we were telling the truth. You saw with your own eyes that we hard-defended Natz. You knew that the chances of us lying were so completely minimal. For you to have “called our bluff” is straight up impossible especially because it was never a bluff at all. Our ability is real. If you are scum, you know this to be a likely fact.

So we lied because we figured it might make us less of a target with both of our abilities used up.

So either you are a godfather, or an independent Jedi that shows up as a Jedi to our investigations, or you’re Town.

And yet Kon still believes you are scum, and the only reasonable possibility in his eyes was that somehow myself and shiny were lying. It’s not even that we got the wrong result, or that you are a godfather. It’s that we must be lying.

Call me confused and perplex.

That’s all from me. Carry on with the day phase.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
We did lie. I want you to remember this for later. Regardless, we are unquestionably lynching praline.

When we used our ability on you at 7 votes to check for a double voter, Vaan surprised us and said “yeah your action failed and you can’t use your action again for this phase.” In essence, we weren’t told prior that we couldn’t use it more than once per phase. This is all alleged, so believe what you want.

We claimed that you were with the Jedi because your entire gameplay leading up to the very moment that we got our result indicated you were someone that was all too willing to get their alignment check. As a non-godfather, I am compelled to believe that you realized there was an incredibly likely chance we were telling the truth. You saw with your own eyes that we hard-defended Natz. You knew that the chances of us lying were so completely minimal. For you to have “called our bluff” is straight up impossible especially because it was never a bluff at all. Our ability is real. If you are scum, you know this to be a likely fact.

So we lied because we figured it might make us less of a target with both of our abilities used up.

So either you are a godfather, or an independent Jedi that shows up as a Jedi to our investigations, or you’re Town.

And yet Kon still believes you are scum, and the only reasonable possibility in his eyes was that somehow myself and shiny were lying. It’s not even that we got the wrong result, or that you are a godfather. It’s that we must be lying.

Call me confused and perplex.

That’s all from me. Carry on with the day phase.
What.

You did lie?

What the hell bardul you put me through a freaking existential crisis.

D

Deleted member

I accept truth, as bitter it may be if nabe was town i would of accepted it. As i did with your lie.

Now the acceptance means absolutely nothing. Nabe is not town confirmed.
Well, let's get praline off first and then we can talk things in Day 3.

Top Bottom