• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phantom Mafia - So This Is How Liberty Dies

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
A message from Bard everyone!

Through the powers of the force, a mysterious voice emanates from a distance, echoing far and wide to all those within hearing distance. Could it be?!

"Hi guys, Bard of the Jedi here. I know doing this write-up kind of defeats the point of having Shiny do a majority of the posting, but this role is kind of complicated and I'd rather explain it myself.

So, firstly, we're indeed a Day Cop role. That being said, we are completely ****ing confused how there are:

1. Two lie detectors.
2. Apparently, a freaking tracker. WTF?

But, either way, here's how our ability works:

There's two versions. There's the normal version, and the powered up version that uses up points. These can both ONLY BE USED ONCE DURING THE GAME.

Naturally, yes, we lied about us being useless afterwards. Of course we lied about our capabilities. If there was any chance we were going to live, the best way to increase that chance would be to pretend that we were useless to everyone. Of course, we hadn't expected Jojalole to use his ability to save us all, but it is what it is.

Now, this is going to sound kind of scummy, but the normal version of this day cop ability CAN ONLY BE USED if there is a majority vote on a player. The word "majority" is important here because it implies that the player needs to have over 50% of the votes on them in order for this ability to work on them. Sounds scummy, right? But that's how it works.

The POWERED up version works differently. We can use the powered up version on a player that has the most votes on them at any given time, or a "plurality" of votes. This requires us to use points.

That said, we used the POWERED UP version on Natz when she had the most votes. Essentially, we tried to save Natz D1, which was frankly just poor play on my part. I should have let her die (sorry Natz :< ). I had a strong feeling she was Town, and given that I couldn't post and had minimal influence on yesterday's lynch, I didn't want to fake a result on her in order to save her to move the lynch; if there was even a chance she was scum (there was), it would cost Town the rest of the game because she'd be a walking clear scum if Me/Shiny ended up dying.

However, we still have the normal version of this ability.

All that being said, it is POSSIBLE that there is another role that can interact with a "majority" vote as well. I do not know if one such role exists, so this ability comes with some risk.

That said, if everyone wants us to use our ability on someone to check their alignment, everyone should CHOOSE WHO THEY THINK SHOULD BE CHECKED!

-Jedi Bard"
[/QUOTE]
Thank you bardul.

So if that is the case if we put 8 votes on nabe then we can test shinys ability.

D

Deleted member

Thank you bardul.

So if that is the case if we put 8 votes on nabe then we can test shinys ability.[/QUOTE]
Uhh, not everyone is going to be happy though. That is the problem.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Voting for Nabe is really stupid.

Let's lynch praline and let's analyze Nabe's role.
It is not stupid. I am convienced nabe is scum who is weasling their best against me to survive.

That said, we should only focus on one person at a time.

And we should make sure it is an overwhelming majority to make sure people do no screw with the votes.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Which is stupid as an option, and i question the legitimacy.
k
What the whole force choke thing is. And the only reason you have opossum like a sworn dog.
k
Yes, in game it was very successful. For you because now a few consider you as confirmed town. Whoever pulled it benefited none if it existed. Only you.
k
And you shall answer your bloody self instead of calling out my ego. Answer the question, I refuse to believe an odd statement has no meaning in game. You did something to me.
You called out Opo's "ego" while making the most egotistic post I've seen in a very long time. I haven't done anything to you.

D

Deleted member

It is not stupid. I am convienced nabe is scum who is weasling their best against me to survive.

That said, we should only focus on one person at a time.

And we should make sure it is an overwhelming majority to make sure people do no screw with the votes.
The problem is not everyone will be happy with switching votes from praline to Nabe as praline is basically a confirmed mafia at this point and some defend Nabe.

I guess we should analyze praline's role instead. IDK.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Thank you bardul.

So if that is the case if we put 8 votes on nabe then we can test shinys ability.
Uhh, not everyone is going to be happy though. That is the problem.[/QUOTE]
Indeed. But if this can settle once and for all nabes alignment, then it'll go as it is. If he is actually innocent and this proves him, then i will finally take my bloody seat, which i am very certain nabe has poisoned through some action. And admit that he was force choked. But we shouldn't go for 8 votes, we should go for everyone. to make full certainty.

D

Deleted member

The problem is not everyone will be happy with switching votes from praline to Nabe as praline is basically a confirmed mafia at this point and some defend Nabe.

Well not a "confirmed mafia" ( dumb ), but she is acting very suspicious.

Vote counter please?

D

Deleted member

vote: praline

checking nabe is dumb, check the one under fire instead

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
k

k

k

You called out Opo's "ego" while making the most egotistic post I've seen in a very long time. I haven't done anything to you.
You responded poorly and did this bluff. It is only natural in the terms of scum hunting

Hm. . . But chances are they'll make sure you die as quickly as possible tomorrow, mafia will make sure you won't live to use this.

#HBC | Nabe

Nabe, why have you not attacked Murphy or pushed his as scum, instead all you've done is defend yourself
It doesn't make sense to OMGUS while I'm running through his posts, especially since a lot of the reason for him being scum has to do with me. This is a push moreso than a defense, because the defense writes itself just by quoting his bull****.

D

Deleted member

Mafia is getting a cakewalk at this.

If I die tonight, now everyone will think Nabe is even more suspicious.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Well not a "confirmed mafia" ( dumb ), but she is acting very suspicious.

Vote counter please?
I recommend not using it on praline. Fire claim and use on Opossum and with praline lying makes it rather certain they are scum, there is no need to question there.

And with shishoes vote it should be 7.

D

Deleted member

If you have not payed attention at all, i've put plenty of fire on nabe.
There are more votes on Praline though, and Shiny is calling them "scum for sure" so I'd rather have her checked.

Seeing as the users I need to reply to my post aren't gonna be online for a while, I'll be heading off, it's 2AM here after all.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
There are more votes on Praline though, and Shiny is calling them "scum for sure" so I'd rather have her checked.

Seeing as the users I need to reply to my post aren't gonna be online for a while, I'll be heading off, it's 2AM here after all.
Their scum for sure because they been caught lying and a town one has been seen. That is why we are certain praline will come up as scum. If we only have one shot we might as well answer nabes whole defense which is solely on his claim of being silenced. If we use it there then we gain more from it.

And that is fair, its late myself and have work in the morning. So i best to be heading off soon.

D

Deleted member

One last thing: a Scum Reviver makes perfect sense within flavor, I mean
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
This is all about Prequel Memes, I doubt Vaan would miss this chance.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
One last thing: a Scum Reviver makes perfect sense within flavor, I mean

This is all about Prequel Memes, I doubt Vaan would miss this chance.
Hm. . . Alright. . .

That is a fair idea. . . But then the matter of the question remains, who sent you that track, and why you specifically?

#HBC | Nabe

Typically I wouldn't endorse being copped as town, but:
You refuted none of that.
i'm not satisfied.
I refuse to believe it
vote me fam

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Are you sure you want to risk death?
No he is taunting me.

It finally makes sense, the "take a seat konnie" of it out of placed manner, and why hes been so hesitant around me.

He removed my vote, he wants me to vote him because it'll do nothing. That phrase must of been an action activation to blend in and to reference..

In other words if that is correct. My vote is literally worthless.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Shish I said publicly what I did last night.

#HBC | Nabe

No he is taunting me.

It finally makes sense, the "take a seat konnie" of it out of placed manner, and why hes been so hesitant around me.

He removed my vote, he wants me to vote him because it'll do nothing. That phrase must of been an action activation to blend in and to reference..

In other words if that is correct. My vote is literally worthless.
You're kidding me, right?

"pull the other one"
"you have not been targeted with that"
explain further.
You have not been targeted by scum with the zero vote ability that I was targeted with Day 1. Pull the other leg, i.e. you're kidding, i.e. you're lying.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
You're kidding me, right?
Do i ever look like the kidding type?
You have not been targeted by scum with the zero vote ability that I was targeted with Day 1. Pull the other leg, i.e. you're kidding, i.e. you're lying.
This, explain further. You know of the zero vote ablity and that you got targeted day 1. Are you saying that the zero vote ability is force choking?

D

Deleted member

As soon as Opossum agrees to this plan, I will unvote praline.

I do not want any clutter when this happens.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If checking Nabe will stop what I firmly believe to be an unnecessary witch hunt, let's get it done with. Either way praline should be our end of day lynchee.

Unvote
vote: Nabe

D

Deleted member

If checking Nabe will stop what I firmly believe to be an unnecessary witch hunt, let's get it done with. Either way praline should be our end of day lynchee.

Unvote
vote: Nabe
THANK YOU! :)
Unvote
Vote: Nabe

#HBC | Nabe

Do i ever look like the kidding type?

This, explain further. You know of the zero vote ablity and that you got targeted day 1. Are you saying that the zero vote ability is force choking?
I thought during the Day that they were the same ability, but at Night I realized that probably wasn't the case because it was told to me separate from the choke, and the choke rules say that I'm allowed to vote as an exception to talking, which would be unnecessary if it also caused the zeroed vote.

Top Bottom