• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phantom Mafia - So This Is How Liberty Dies

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
How?

It allowed him to perfectly bypass his "claim".

And as i said, he was perfectly able to communicate without a problem. And he has not refuted how at the literal start he would get choked. With no progress to the game what so ever. And what the mafia benefit is, because the only person who does benefit was nabe.

There is no sense here.
It wasn't at "the literal start" of the game. It was about 10 minutes after the game started. And everybody knew what time the game was going to start, because Vaan announced the time after roles went out. That also gave the mafia additional lead-up to the game actually starting, in which they decided to target me.

D

Deleted member

That's the thing. The devil is in the details.

My detection factored in whether or not the statement was true from the perspective of the speaker. For example, if praline got told by you that Jojalole was Mafia, because Shiny lied and told them so, and I checked praline saying "Jojalole is Mafia," it'd ring true because it's true from praline's perspective. That's why it would interfere with Godfather checks. Godfathers know they're actually not innocent.
What are you implying? :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hm... that'd be weird. I've never seen a redirect-able Lie-Detector.

That seems... oddly specific. Do you know something that we all don't?

Not trying to press a role claim, just trying to gauge the situation more.

it makes sense to me, personally.
I don’t have anything on it. Was just speculating. I don’t know he role type name. I just remembered it being in the past few games. For example abra in the last game had the skill to do this. So I thought maybe it’s something like that here

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
It wasn't at "the literal start" of the game. It was about 10 minutes after the game started. And everybody knew what time the game was going to start, because Vaan announced the time after roles went out. That also gave the mafia additional lead-up to the game actually starting, in which they decided to target me.
You still had no bearing to the game at that point.

You had said absolutely nothing.

Absolutely nothing happened to the game.

There was no reason what so ever to choke you.

The only thing it did was give you a valid safe town claim. Which a reasonable mafia will never do at the start of the game.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
How?

It allowed him to perfectly bypass his "claim".

And as i said, he was perfectly able to communicate without a problem. And he has not refuted how at the literal start he would get choked. With no progress to the game what so ever. And what the mafia benefit is, because the only person who does benefit was nabe.

There is no sense here.
If, Opossum is telling the truth and was redirected, that would entirely depend on whether Lie Detector acts as a targeting role or not. It'd be nice if Opossum could get some sort of mod clarification on that.

My detection factored in whether or not the statement was true from the perspective of the speaker. For example, if praline got told by you that Jojalole was Mafia, because Shiny lied and told them so, and I checked praline saying "Jojalole is Mafia," it'd ring true because it's true from praline's perspective. That's why it would interfere with Godfather checks. Godfathers know they're actually not innocent.
Uh... and...

okay I need a bit of time to comprehend this because that's the first time I've heard a lie detector work this way.

It's a nightmarish role from a free fall game we ran a month ago. It was basically a cult leader on steroids.
Okay.

a post restriction is nowhere near that bastardly. Annoying, and completely filled with wine, but nowhere near that.

FYI: I don't think Nabe is confirmed either way or anything, I'm just not sold on the post restriction wine.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If, Opossum is telling the truth and was redirected, that would entirely depend on whether Lie Detector acts as a targeting role or not. It'd be nice if Opossum could get some sort of mod clarification on that.

Uh... and...

okay I need a bit of time to comprehend this because that's the first time I've heard a lie detector work this way.

Okay.

a post restriction is nowhere near that bastardly. Annoying, and completely filled with wine, but nowhere near that.

FYI: I don't think Nabe is confirmed either way or anything, I'm just not sold on the post restriction wine.
I can say that my role is absolutely a targeting role. Active verb usage was included in the flavor and I needed to be very specific about which detail I was checking.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
. . . That was towards Nabes claim, not opossums. Did you misread?
Oh, gotcha. My bad; I've been focused on this Lie Detector hooplah.

I can say that my role is absolutely a targeting role. Active verb usage was included in the flavor and I needed to be very specific about which detail I was checking.
That makes things interesting.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Roleblocked Praline
No one.

The plan was to roleblock Nabe, the identity of who that is shall remain anonymous unless they chose to come out.

If jojaoles sacrifice didn't impead night attacks, if no duels happened to anyone then it'll be proof nabe tried to attack someone, and thus we would of lynched them.

D

Deleted member

Thanks sweet marsupial, I decided to read it again.

I need to get this more. Can you break it down more please? It could just be me, as it is 11:13 PM in the night.

I know this is just an example, but I know you want me dead. I feel like this is foreshadowing something...

D

Deleted member

Thanks sweet marsupial, I decided to read it again.

I need to get this more. Can you break it down more please? It could just be me, as it is 11:13 PM in the night.

I know this is just an example, but I know you want me dead. I feel like this is foreshadowing something...
Lol I posted this at exactly 11:14 PM.
Can you still break it down anyways? I need to get a basis on this.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lol I posted this at exactly 11:14 PM.

Can you still break it down anyways? I need to get a basis on this.
Shiny I literally don't know how I could've been more clear.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Opossum is telling the truth, I redirected him to Z25, so Z25 is probs 3rd party if it's a no result.

D

Deleted member

Shiny I literally don't know how I could've been more clear.
Still, I am a little stumped.

Is it possible to be a little more clear? Can you try?

I know you got a potentially good brain in there.

Or I am just tired and young.

I am not dumb, okay?

D

Deleted member

Opossum is telling the truth, I redirected him to Z25, so Z25 is probs 3rd party if it's a no result.
Thanks Fire, now I am getting a little more information.

Z25 is probably a third party.

I do not know why he wants me dead so much though.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
This is also why I see Praline as scum, due to also having a redirect, it's more likely to me there's a mafia redirector rather than 2 town redirectors.

Maven89

Smash Master
No one.

The plan was to roleblock Nabe, the identity of who that is shall remain anonymous unless they chose to come out.

If jojaoles sacrifice didn't impead night attacks, if no duels happened to anyone then it'll be proof nabe tried to attack someone, and thus we would of lynched them.
Cause I’m a roleblocked and I certainly wasn’t part of this plan

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Cause I’m a roleblocked and I certainly wasn’t part of this plan
. . . No you certainly weren't

I never talked to you at night.

. . . Two roleblockers.

I'll wait for some time, and if i feel the one who helped me instigate this plan doesn't come out i'll reveal their name.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
This is also why I see Praline as scum, due to also having a redirect, it's more likely to me there's a mafia redirector rather than 2 town redirectors.
I assume your redirect went through? The only explanation I got behind two town redirectors is the force mechanic.

Z25, do you have any explanation in regards to that lie detect?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I assume your redirect went through? The only explanation I got behind two town redirectors is the force mechanic.

Z25, do you have any explanation in regards to that lie detect?
It never said that it failed in anyway. So I believe it did.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, yeah, this makes sense. I definitely don't buy there being two townie redirectors.

Top Bottom