• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phantom Mafia - So This Is How Liberty Dies

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
You know what, I might as well say it since it was a one-time use anyway. Just to clear the air.

Praline, if you didn't redirect anything, why would a lie detection on "I'm town" yield No Result instead of True or False?

I wasn't blocked, as I got a result. You claimed to have not redirected me. And yet what I got wasn't true or false. So one of two things happened here.

1. Due to the nature of the detection revealing your identity, but the godfather status concealing it, it masked the result,

OR

2. You DID redirect me, which would mess with that ability, which would give us reason to believe you're scum due to Lynch All Liars.
I was cool with killing Praline for precious VCA, but this about seals it for me.

Vote: Praline

Still want answers from Nabe and the Inactives. Going to definitely read back on Day 1 and post Today.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Again like the post I made that you ignored. You saying she’s a jedi didn’t comfirm anything. We’ve never had a day vig. You saying she was a jedi randomly during the day made me not think she was a jedi. Frankly you saying that still doesn’t get you off the hook. It’d be easy for you to say that cause you would know that she was town.

His reasons made sense, on top of what I said to Shiny in this post. I am sorry that she turned out to be a jedi but she seemed scummy to me.
Your excuses fall flat and now you are backpedaling. You claimed you lynched her because she seemed scummy to you yourself alone, now its because of Opossum.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Your excuses fall flat and now you are backpedaling. You claimed you lynched her because she seemed scummy to you yourself alone, now its because of Opossum.
I am my own person Kon. I can think she’s scummy alone regardless if someone else does too. That’s not backpedaling.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
@ the Force choke, because that seems to be at the centre of Kon's reasoning about me.

At the start of Day 1, I was notified of the choke, and that I couldn't speak, and could only "gesture", which included images and videos. We can get into the specifics of what I was and was not allowed to post, but the important thing is that I could post text. 10 words was stipulated to be 1 Force point lost, with the number rounded up. Votes and tags don't count. I didn't want to lose points, so I didn't utilize that factor of the restriction, except for my post at the beginning of the Day, which I made without thinking. Modkilling a slot for a single text post would be ridiculous.

D

Deleted member

If the inactives are the mafia, this could be really dangerous.

I hope I am wrong.

Lets just vote so praline gets lynched, because she is the safest bet we got.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I am my own person Kon. I can think she’s scummy alone regardless if someone else does too. That’s not backpedaling.
Backpedaling is the act of tracing your words backwards. The moment i brought up what you said in voting for Katherine you changed your saying around to fit that. Instead of what you are originally saying.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You know what, I might as well say it since it was a one-time use anyway. Just to clear the air.

Praline, if you didn't redirect anything, why would a lie detection on "I'm town" yield No Result instead of True or False?

I wasn't blocked, as I got a result. You claimed to have not redirected me. And yet what I got wasn't true or false. So one of two things happened here.

1. Due to the nature of the detection revealing your identity, but the godfather status concealing it, it masked the result,

OR

2. You DID redirect me, which would mess with that ability, which would give us reason to believe you're scum due to Lynch All Liars.
I didn’t redirect you. I’m not the mafia. If you got blocked in any way it was not me. I’m not the godfather either.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes I did.

I said I was a one-day cop and Bar and I used our role to prove she was a Jedi.

Guess what was Natz~ when she died?

A Jedi.
First off that means nothing. There’s what 15 people?(off the top of my head)

You had a 11 in 15 chance of being right. Not to mention if you were scum you would know for sure who wasn’t. Also we know how bar plays. Random accusations last second and using a one time skill are not his style. I think you acted on your own in this and bar couldn’t stop you.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
@ the Force choke, because that seems to be at the centre of Kon's reasoning about me.

At the start of Day 1, I was notified of the choke, and that I couldn't speak, and could only "gesture", which included images and videos. We can get into the specifics of what I was and was not allowed to post, but the important thing is that I could post text. 10 words was stipulated to be 1 Force point lost, with the number rounded up. Votes and tags don't count. I didn't want to lose points, so I didn't utilize that factor of the restriction, except for my post at the beginning of the Day, which I made without thinking. Modkilling a slot for a single text post would be ridiculous.
I don't believe this for a second.

For first of at the literal start of the phase no one would have opportunity to do such a thing. No one would be sitting in their PM to choke you.

And second, the literal effect of that role proves meaningless if you can still communcate.

And third, the idea is to stop communication, if only words cost you force points then it only in turn follows through more of its worthlessness, as it did literally nothing against you. Mafia benefited nothing and you got "confirmed".

The only person who benefits from it, was literally you. And that is what makes it utterly none-sense of a move to play.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The real question we have here is, what would cause a No Result on a Lie Detector?

I've modded games for years and I honestly don't know.
That's what I'm confused about. Vaan has been on record in the past stating things should be made clear, and the way my result was delivered to me (which I can't quote directly for obvious reasons) implied I wasn't blocked, and was instead getting the intended result. That's what made me think it was due to lie detection interfering with the godfather's Copproof ability.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Have a good night sleep praline praline . We'll see what you have to say in the morning.

Alright,

Opossum, what other reasons do you think you've got No Result? I know for a fact that when I mod games, if you did that and Praline was Godfather, I would personally tell you that Praline was Town (or scum, if your Lie Detector bypassed Godfather's)

Golden, your thoughts on the entire day? Who would you lynch and why?

Fire Emblemier, your thoughts thus far? I know you posted a vote.

I've already bugged Nabe enough for thoughts.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I don't believe this for a second.

For first of at the literal start of the phase no one would have opportunity to do such a thing. No one would be sitting in their PM to choke you.

And second, the literal effect of that role proves meaningless if you can still communcate.

And third, the idea is to stop communication, if only words cost you force points then it only in turn follows through more of its worthlessness, as it did literally nothing against you. Mafia benefited nothing and you got "confirmed".

The only person who benefits from it, was literally you. And that is what makes it utterly none-sense of a move to play.
Actually, the stipulations go way out of their way to prevent effective communication. I couldn't post images with text that I'd typed up to communicate, or any images that happen to directly communicate with anyone, even if I didn't make them. Book covers and movie posters were explicitly allowed, and I got Vaan to agree to stupid inspirational quote images, as long as they followed the same text rules.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
The real question we have here is, what would cause a No Result on a Lie Detector?

Basically, a change in target.

If opossum is forced to change to a different target, his action is used on something that was not said by whoever is the new target.

Therefore it'll come up inconclusive, no result.

It is the main idea i can think of.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

So my guess that the silence is a force choke was right. Huh my minimal knowledge kind of worked.

Maybe whoever it was used on has an ability allowing them to skip night actions but lose a vote this phase?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Actually, the stipulations go way out of their way to prevent effective communication. I couldn't post images with text that I'd typed up to communicate, or any images that happen to directly communicate with anyone, even if I didn't make them. Book covers and movie posters were explicitly allowed, and I got Vaan to agree to stupid inspirational quote images, as long as they followed the same text rules.
I don't believe vaan, the buddy who me and him ******* to wolfie about the night king, to agree to that bull****.

Your only digging a bigger hole to me.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Have a good night sleep praline praline . We'll see what you have to say in the morning.

Alright,

Opossum, what other reasons do you think you've got No Result? I know for a fact that when I mod games, if you did that and Praline was Godfather, I would personally tell you that Praline was Town (or scum, if your Lie Detector bypassed Godfather's)

I agree with the Praline stuff going on. There's plenty of reason to believe she is scum. Not sure that Nabe is scum as well, though. I find the charades he was put through to be geniune.

D

Deleted member

First off that means nothing. There’s what 15 people?(off the top of my head)

You had a 11 in 15 chance of being right. Not to mention if you were scum you would know for sure who wasn’t. Also we know how bar plays. Random accusations last second and using a one time skill are not his style. I think you acted on your own in this and bar couldn’t stop you.

I know the chances were high, but people thought she was acting suspicious and she was a Jedi.

Bar really told me to do it. Bar can not speak for me, but he really did. If my man BarDulL BarDulL likes this post, I am right. Bar wanted to prove to us all Natz~ was a Jedi.

I am not a Sith. Why are you trying to prove everyone I am a Sith when I literally proved my role?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's what I'm confused about. Vaan has been on record in the past stating things should be made clear, and the way my result was delivered to me (which I can't quote directly for obvious reasons) implied I wasn't blocked, and was instead getting the intended result. That's what made me think it was due to lie detection interfering with the godfather's Copproof ability.
Ok this makes too much sense. I’m willingly to test it. Let’s hope we get them!

Vote: praline

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I side with shiny. If he was a sith he would have no reason to dissuade a lynch at the very end, minutes before it was finalized in an attempt to save someone.

A sith would just keep their mouth shut and let it be.

Shinys big mouth of letting information go makes him clean to me.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Basically, a change in target.

If opossum is forced to change to a different target, his action is used on something that was not said by whoever is the new target.

Therefore it'll come up inconclusive, no result.

It is the main idea i can think of.
Hm... that'd be weird. I've never seen a redirect-able Lie-Detector.

Maybe whoever it was used on has an ability allowing them to skip night actions but lose a vote this phase?
That seems... oddly specific. Do you know something that we all don't?

Not trying to press a role claim, just trying to gauge the situation more.

I don't believe vaan, the buddy who me and him ******* to wolfie about the night king, to agree to that bull****.

it makes sense to me, personally.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

I do agree that I'm surprised that Vaan would have such an ability in the game, but maybe he thought it could work, and wasn't as messed up as something like the night king.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Hm... that'd be weird. I've never seen a redirect-able Lie-Detector.

That seems... oddly specific. Do you know something that we all don't?

Not trying to press a role claim, just trying to gauge the situation more.

I'm thinking Praline is a "Jack of all trades" type of character with a variety of one use abilities.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
How?

It allowed him to perfectly bypass his "claim".

And as i said, he was perfectly able to communicate without a problem. And he has not refuted how at the literal start he would get choked. With no progress to the game what so ever. And what the mafia benefit is, because the only person who does benefit was nabe.

There is no sense here.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Alright,

That's the thing. The devil is in the details.

My detection factored in whether or not the statement was true from the perspective of the speaker. For example, if praline got told by you that Jojalole was Mafia, because Shiny lied and told them so, and I checked praline saying "Jojalole is Mafia," it'd ring true because it's true from praline's perspective. That's why it would interfere with Godfather checks. Godfathers know they're actually not innocent.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I do agree that I'm surprised that Vaan would have such an ability in the game, but maybe he thought it could work, and wasn't as messed up as something like the night king.
No. If you are surprised then have suspicion.

Other wise your only blinding yourself.
Lonnie, if your theory on mafia depend on Nabe being scum, then why is Nabe not the first one to be lynched?
It is not fully dependent on Nabe being scum for praline, and if praline flips scum it does further cement it towards opossum and nabe.

Top Bottom