• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

kismet2

Smash Ace
lol jebus come to apex or something so we can play

as for me vs hunter he played really good but i also played the matchup badly at first. i kept giving him his bananas and when i usually beat hunter it's because i keep bananas away from him and i'm abusing phantasm. but hunter just play patient against chris lol you gave him too many opportunities to punish you.

Player-1

Smash Legend
recording me vs mc pe and kismet right now

ya against mc pe I just let myself get too flustered and didn't take control of the match in opportunities I could have (well some of them are just minor tech errors, I really need to like just play CPUs more since I don't have P3 with me to play everyday like I used to since I'm like screwing myself over with minor tech errors). I wasn't really playing all too safe until the very end of game 2 where I was making a pretty good comeback, and damn I was playing really safe then, I just need to play like that with every stock instead of just my last one. Same thing with my set against kismet really except to a lesser extent.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
recording me vs mc pe and kismet right now

ya against mc pe I just let myself get too flustered and didn't take control of the match in opportunities I could have (well some of them are just minor tech errors, I really need to like just play CPUs more since I don't have P3 with me to play everyday like I used to since I'm like screwing myself over with minor tech errors). I wasn't really playing all too safe until the very end of game 2 where I was making a pretty good comeback, and damn I was playing really safe then, I just need to play like that with every stock instead of just my last one. Same thing with my set against kismet really except to a lesser extent.
Yeah, if you didn't have the lead you played kinda aggro which cost you the set vs. McPee imo. Also you got the infinite set up like 3 times, but dropped it :(.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I got it once against him and dropped it and I just decided that my tech skill was too off that day so after that I just went for free damage instead of the infinite.

Vega4

Smash Ace
@Zinoto, there will be vids of that tournament you just won?

p1. Should never lose to wolf unless we have no experience in the MU

:phone:
This.

Once we play the match-up with patience, waiting and punishing, Wolf just seems free.

Player-1

Smash Legend
i'm glad you've decided that fox is a terrible character, M@V, and use Falco instead. I got banned from the fox boards so i can't post it there

M@v

Subarashii!
I still use fox as a pocket character(used him in a match this weekend because someone counterpicked me to halberd, so they were begging for it), but I played as a fox main over the summer because I plateaued with falco. Whenever that happens, it usually helps me to play another character for while to force my mind to think in different ways, then I come back to falco with new ideas. Methods to my madness, and it works.

But yeah, tempted to learn falco's banana infinite on diddy now just to spite them back >:3

P.S. He's still not nearly as bad as you make him out to be. He's fine to main as long as you got mk as a backup(then again you can main anybody with mk as a backup), or as a counterpick character to fully take advantage of his strong stages and matchups.

kismet2

Smash Ace
i'm good at the diddy matchup i just didn't play it right. the one time i play it wrong doesn't make me bad at the matchup lol.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
How is diddy supposed to play the wolf MU?
Treat :wolf: like a worse version of :wario: in a sense. He has very strong aerial mobility, so his main intention is gonna be to weave in and out of our defense until we make a mistake that he can punish. Just don't make that mistake. Play safe and throw out smart options. His landing is a lot easier to trap than :wario: and we can edgeguard him more effectively. If you play safe, the only way you should lose is if the wolf is straight up outplaying and outsmarting you.

If you look at P1's vid vs. McPee, he took large strings of damage because he kept chasing :wolf: around the stage and not covering his options like he should've been. McPee weaved around him, netting grabs when he overcommitted with fair and smash attacks. However, when P1 got the wall up destruction ensued. Play it safe and it's easily a +1 MU for us.

MJG

Smash Hero
Treat :wolf: like a worse version of :wario: in a sense. He has very strong aerial mobility, so his main intention is gonna be to weave in and out of our defense until we make a mistake that he can punish. Just don't make that mistake. Play safe and throw out smart options. His landing is a lot easier to trap than :wario: and we can edgeguard him more effectively. If you play safe, the only way you should lose is if the wolf is straight up outplaying and outsmarting you.

If you look at P1's vid vs. McPee, he took large strings of damage because he kept chasing :wolf: around the stage and not covering his options like he should've been. McPee weaved around him, netting grabs when he overcommitted with fair and smash attacks. However, when P1 got the wall up destruction ensued. Play it safe and it's easily a +1 MU for us.
I just finished the set and I actually noticed that. I'll keep everything else in mind as well. Thanks

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I am wondering how diddy well diddy players will do at Apex.
I mean we have ADHD,Gnes,Zinoto and ofcourse Player-1.
I do see a good placement comming for diddy

Top Bottom