• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

Vega4

Smash Ace
I never have chances...... :[
I know, it's hard finding chances to do it if all you face is Marth's fairs xD
Try to master the glidetoss backward-nana down start, I think it's a good way to start it when people is attacking our shield.

We should do a topic about that, best situations for going for the infinite (character specific or not).

And Goofy, keep practicing, I tryed to learn it a year and a half ago and it was impossible to me, so I stop. And I tryed again two months ago, and every practice sessions I improved a lot, now I can say I master it at 90% (I can do it 0% to dead in buffered and wait characters). I can do also the footstool start, I think it the coolest way to start it, too bad it only work in a few stages... I'm trying to master now the glidetoss start, I have like at 60%...

tibs7

Smash Champion
oh mannnn. he practically gave you the infinite there lol!
its ok. mk on delfino is kinda stupid :)

Vega4

Smash Ace
I wasn't even going to put this here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyw-IWdMByU&feature=g-all-u

But after 22 minutes of european Diddy ditto, not even a single monkey flip?? Are you serious guys?? Perhaps you think Diddy can suffer a heart attack or something if he does monkey flip D:
BTW, good matches. Cyve was doing it pretty good, but Luigi player punished his mistakes...

No monkey flips is like no peanuts, so I hope this doesn't happen in the Mon(k)eyDitto of the century...

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Zinoto I do not see that as a fail honestly. It was amazing imo and you will get your revenge just like I will get mine this weekend:)
not really a tourney btw but still.
I also plan to mm Mr.R next tourney and beat him :)(not that it will happen)

ow and @ Vega
don't worry if there is something I do it is practising.

@Cyve and LP I really want to meet you guys and play you both:$

Luigi player

Smash Master
I know, it's hard finding chances to do it if all you face is Marth's fairs xD
Try to master the glidetoss backward-nana down start, I think it's a good way to start it when people is attacking our shield.

We should do a topic about that, best situations for going for the infinite (character specific or not).

And Goofy, keep practicing, I tryed to learn it a year and a half ago and it was impossible to me, so I stop. And I tryed again two months ago, and every practice sessions I improved a lot, now I can say I master it at 90% (I can do it 0% to dead in buffered and wait characters). I can do also the footstool start, I think it the coolest way to start it, too bad it only work in a few stages... I'm trying to master now the glidetoss start, I have like at 60%...
I wasn't talking about Marth :p there are opportunities like if he misses an upB... (and our Marths love to use it so it should be possible to do it every now and then lol)
Too bad it's difficult on Marth. :(

But against MK and ZSS (where the infinite is easy) I never really find any opportunity to start anything. I tried the glidetoss against quik but I never hit him :x quik never gave me an opening but I learned the infinite just for him so I could play the MU my way and he wasn't allowed to risk anything... so even if I couldn't use it it was still helping me tremendously (just like with ICs- the fear of the infinite limits the opponents options).

Against MK it's impossible to get any opening like that... it doesn't work on ANY MK, it is just really impossibruu, but I'll try some more now seeing as so many Diddys pull it off at tourneys all the time!

As for sideB in the Diddy ditto with cyve: we used it ALL the time! Just not as a grab and mostly from the ledge/to recover lol.
It's just not a really safe move. There was a time where I was spamming it like crazy, but I got punished for it after a while so I stopped doing that.
You're commiting to something and don't have control for a bit... meh.
It's also not that appealing against Diddy since he's small and throwing bananas at you all the time lol. Against Leon I used it a few times...

@Goofy go out of country to a big tourney then! :)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah but I'm not sure if he even used grab, and when he did he always hit/or I didn't have a banana. Don't remember, but it was never possible in my set with him (5 matches).

At the previous tourney it would've been possible, but he might've played more safe last time since he knew I was practicing the infinite for him. :)

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah but I'm not sure if he even used grab, and when he did he always hit/or I didn't have a banana. Don't remember, but it was never possible in my set with him (5 matches).

At the previous tourney it would've been possible, but he might've played more safe last time since he knew I was practicing the infinite for him. :)
if he's not using grab then just sit in your shied and wreck him lol

Vega4

Smash Ace
@Luigi Player, I know that both of you used monkey flip as recovery and also monkey flip kick as an attack (every Diddy does it), but both of you have plenty of times when having a naner in hand (at monkey flip range of the other), the other one just sat on shield, so both of you could used at least a couple of times to show the other one that shield wasn't completely safe at that range...

I agree what you said about getting the infinite on MK in a real match being so hard, it's like it only happen if the other one makes a mistake (like Ally vs Zinoto), but the reward is so great, that we have to learn it perfectly (perhaps the glidetoss backward start could work if the MK don't play completely safe).

Also, great point that one that you mentioned, the infinite even if we don't get it, work as a great issue in our opponent mindset.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Tourny today! :) gonna win hehe

And lol vega he's using pit more? Is that correct?
:phone:

Vega4

Smash Ace
Tourny today! :) gonna win hehe

And lol vega he's using pit more? Is that correct?
WIN. Post the stream link if there is, or the videos later.

About Cyve, I'm not sure which character he used more D:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah cyve won a really stacked but small german local and didn't lose a single game. He almost only used Pit though. And as for BBI2 he also mostly used Pit. I know he used Diddy vs Glutonny though, since Pit didn't work well vs him.

tibs7

Smash Champion
hey nope no stream. and no win so stream wouldnt have been worth watching anyway....
i used pikachu LOL and tried being awesome but it failed.
and then lost to mk with diddy. sigh. sd'ed like 5 times in 3 games haha. need to practice
no vids or anything.

buuuuut in saying that there is australian national next month, with livestream so ill post the link in here when the time comes. and ill play well. so show some support yo!
peace

Luigi player

Smash Master
ADHD won a tourney and beat people like Nakat, Vinnie (dropped 91872639862386 grabs though), Nairo and M2K among others.

Collision V results:

1. ADHD :diddy:
2. M2K :metaknight:
3. Nairo :metaknight:
4. Vinnie :popo::metaknight:
5. Nakat :popo::metaknight::fox:
5. Salem :zerosuitsamus:

:)

Vega4

Smash Ace
@Tibs, better luck next time man. You already can do the infinite?

ADHD won a tourney and beat people like Nakat, Vinnie (dropped 91872639862386 grabs though), Nairo and M2K among others.

Collision V results:

1. ADHD :diddy:
2. M2K :metaknight:
3. Nairo :metaknight:
4. Vinnie :popo::metaknight:
5. Nakat :popo::metaknight::fox:
5. Salem :zerosuitsamus:

:)
I just saw the stream
http://es-es.twitch.tv/chibosempai/b/330726375

ADHD had an amazing comeback first game vs Vinnie, played really well vs Nairo and M2K, and he played bad (imo) vs Nakat's MK but still win (he played super defensive vs Nakat, when all he need to do was play offensive, cause Nakat just didn't know how to handle it...)

Vega4

Smash Ace
Yeah I also thought he was just timing himself out vs Nakat lol.
jajajaja that's exactly what I thought. He was overcamping, just givng to Nakat the help that he needed for that strategy, when all he need to do was preassure Nakat.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Hey shaya yup we are. Apollo is able to pull it off

also wowww adhd so good/game 4 set 2!!
im telling you right now. smashville is better for mk, take him to bf these days

Dekar173

Justice Man
My scene completely, completely died so there's no point in me really keeping up with anything smash related lol. I love the game, but I can't justify spending so much time on it when it's not benefiting me in any way.

Top Bottom