• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

Vega4

Smash Ace
My scene completely, completely died so there's no point in me really keeping up with anything smash related lol. I love the game, but I can't justify spending so much time on it when it's not benefiting me in any way.
That's bad.
I know how it is. I have never have a strong scene in my state, I only play vs decent level player when I travel OoS, but I still keep watching videos, practicing and going to tournaments OoS.
In my city there are only a couple of low level players, and I'm trying to teach them all I know (I even have trained and learn things about other characters like Marth just to tech them), but their improving is so slow... :(

Napos

Smash Ace
Yeah what dekar said.

Nobody in NM is commited anymore, it kinda sucks cause we have smashers, but NOONE is gungho about it.

Sails

Smash Ace
Did quite well today at Dimensions 5, playing 4th/23 and making an entire dollar more than my entry fees combined (:awesome: $16). Notable names I took out were Riot (Zelda), JoeST (Falco/MK), Mikeray (Snake). Lost to Bizkit (Snake) twice, however set 2 against him went close and drew a lot of crowd hype. Also, Game 1 vs Mikeray I brought him to ~160% and killed him before taking a single percent on pure hard reads. He also ran in to his auto-exploding C4 twice during the set, both times killing him.

I'm pretty confident I can keep improving at this point as well. My camp game has strengthened and my pokes are more safe, but I still get aggressive at times when I shouldn't and take more damage than necessary.

This New England ranking period for me includes notable wins on Mikeray (6th PR), JoeST (7th PR), Hinkage (9th PR), Peachkid (10th PR), Quest (Not PR but has wins on PR players this season), Riot (Previously PR), ChiboSempai (OoR PR), and Kai (OoR PR - Up in the air still due to not knowing if CoT6 was ranking period cutoff or not). I'd say that secures me at least 7th place on the NE PR come October.

Player-1

Smash Legend
video of me reflex from this past tournament...ugh shoulda had him, this was one of the first times I've ever actually felt completely in control of the match and I was the one setting the pace of the match in both games, but especially 2nd game. I ****ed up a lot of technical errors that cost me the game. 2nd stock 2nd game meant to b reverse from the edge and banana pluck but i missed the pluck and died to a fart at 70% when i had a huge lead, then his final kill on me i meant to uair him out of my side-b but accidentally hit jump which got me killed too =/

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oAX...Frrm6vGQb8UZh9ZB4p&index=5&feature=plpp_video

tibs7

Smash Champion
sooooooo
does anyone play Pokemon Online?

come at me, if you do!

tibs7

Smash Champion
Jebus I'll **** the crap out of you.
Unless you have broken genesect or kyurem or some other gay Pokemon that should be uber

:phone:

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Lol wut? Was it his comment on broken Pokemon? I mean, I'm not a fan of how this community uses the term "****," but honestly if that bothers you're gonna have a rough time around here, hah.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I stopped playing it when Smogon moved to Pokemon Showdown but I never uninstalled it. At my best, I was in the top 30 of the ladder rankings but I'm not too sure how well my team would do in the current metagame. If you ever want to play though, anytime before 3:30 pm is fine

tibs7

Smash Champion
well these days everybody has genesect, politoed/tyranitar, landorus, ferrothorn, rotom, scizor. well the top teams do. its so cheap.
i think i was once top 20 think highest rating on smogon was 1497 or something. pokemon online is now the main source.
umm what time is 3:30 in australia 0_o

Vega4

Smash Ace

Vega4

Smash Ace
wasn't nervous, i just made dumb tech errors
Ok, but check that last stock again. You had a solid lead, then suddenly you stop rackin up damage, and let him preassure you... If you keep the preassure on him, rackin up damage, then you'll get the kill anytime. Just keep movin'.
(btw, fair beats fart, right?)

Player-1

Smash Legend
ya i beat kismet 2-1, but kismet beat mc pe 2-0 and mc pe beat me (2-0, but score was irrelevant at this point) so kismet ended up winning due to tie breaker rules and mc pe got 2nd and I got 3rd

shoulda 2-0ed kismet, he sded game 2 and I had a good lead, but I wasn't playing safe enough and he made a comeback :/, both games I won I 2 stocked him though :D

Vega4

Smash Ace
I watched the set vs Mc P. You shouldn't lose vs Wolf, Wolf is free for us...
And I agree that you played really well vs Kismet, you should 2-0 him.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Flaco is hard MU for me too. it's so slow and frustrating.

Gj zinoto! any noteworthy matches?

p1. Should never lose to wolf unless we have no experience in the MU

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I won a tourney yesterday but it didn't have people as hard as zinotos so why even go into detail :laugh:

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Only DEHF knows how to play the match up right. I feel I could beat any other Falco besides him

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Flaco is hard MU for me too. it's so slow and frustrating.

Gj zinoto! any noteworthy matches?

p1. Should never lose to wolf unless we have no experience in the MU

It's the first time I didn't drop a set in tournament, personal goal for me lol.

But I beat Melon (:jigglypuff:/:wario:), M@V (:falco::metaknight:), Roller (:popo:), and Shugo (In WFs and GFs).

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I never said I was good at that match up, but I know I'm better at the Falco match up than you are and just better overall

Top Bottom