• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Midna for Brawl thread. (Debate the Wolf here!)

Midna In Brawl?

• Only Midna in Brawl!

Votes: 277 30.8%
  • Midna and Wolflink in Brawl!

Votes: 398 44.3%
  • I don't want Midna in there, period!

Votes: 89 9.9%
  • Just give me Wolflink sans Midna!

Votes: 30 3.3%
  • I really couldn't care less.

Votes: 105 11.7%

• Total voters

Grod

Smash Apprentice
Crap, you guys type hella.

Anyway:

Wolf Link + Midna > Just plain Midna. Midna by herself would suck horribly.
I like the idea of Midna by herself. And with wolf link. Oh, I just can't decide.

Oh wait, maybe something you could call a "transformation" could occur. Wolf link just leaves and WABLAMOH!!! New move set, new physics.

As for how he could leave and come back, you come up with something. He could f***in' explode, for all I care.

1. A detective story that only features a detective does not exist.

The whole concept requires characters other than the detective.

2. And saying "Midna is the main character" is not the exact same thing (well, except for lacking in reasoning, since few stories do such a thing)? If Midna is the main character, you have to provide plenty of evidence to prove it.

3. In a work of fiction, the character that the reader/viewer/player is viewing the world through is the main character. The way you say it implies that this is a rarity or an unknown, while the typically rare "other character being the main" is so common.

4. Skull Kid was a villain in one game, and by accident. Vaati was the villain in FS, was the villain in FSA (just like Zant was in TP), and they made a game discussing the origin of Vaati. Vaati has a significantly more important role in Zelda than Skull Kid.

5. But we're seeing the story through Link's eyes. If Link and Midna separate at any point, the player goes with Link, not Midna. Link is "the detective" - he's the vessel that the gamer interacts with the world through. And the notion that the detective isn't always the main character is a truth - but not a typical one.

6. Firstly, being shown as a Sticker DEFINITELY doesn't matter, since many playable characters come in sticker form. And trophies are the same. Has anyone established a precedence to say that Sakurai would not show a character in trophy or sticker form if they weren't playable?

7. Uh? How would they not build him from the ground up? If Sakurai is putting WW Link in without being rushed to do so, why would he put in no effort to make him a unique character when it requires very, very little effort to do so?

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
1. A detective story that only features a detective does not exist.

The whole concept requires characters other than the detective.

2. And saying "Midna is the main character" is not the exact same thing (well, except for lacking in reasoning, since few stories do such a thing)? If Midna is the main character, you have to provide plenty of evidence to prove it.

3. In a work of fiction, the character that the reader/viewer/player is viewing the world through is the main character. The way you say it implies that this is a rarity or an unknown, while the typically rare "other character being the main" is so common.
1. Yes, but you need to be more exact than just "a detective". All I have seen from your detective story is a detective sitting in a room. No scenario has been presented. Present one and I will reconsider.

2. Would you mind putting exactly what part you are replying to? I'm having a hard time finding it and I think it would help thee debate if you were to do at least that much for me.

3. It's hard to say who's view the story is in. Of course you ARE Link in the story but it's not really told in his view only. Actually, besides Link's facial expressions, you can hardly ever tell what he is feeling. You cannot say that you're viewing the world through Link's eyes because you aren't really doing that. It's kind of a third person story where you take role of one of the characters. Because, you act as Link, you'll probably say that it is his view. But some took it as otherwise.

Again, in the other four responses, I have no idea what you're talking about so I'll leave that to Black/Light. :]]

1. Yes, but you need to be more exact than just "a detective". All I have seen from your detective story is a detective sitting in a room. No scenario has been presented. Present one and I will reconsider.

2. Would you mind putting exactly what part you are replying to? I'm having a hard time finding it and I think it would help thee debate if you were to do at least that much for me.

3. It's hard to say who's view the story is in. Of course you ARE Link in the story but it's not really told in his view only. Actually, besides Link's facial expressions, you can hardly ever tell what he is feeling. You cannot say that you're viewing the world through Link's eyes because you aren't really doing that. It's kind of a third person story where you take role of one of the characters. Because, you act as Link, you'll probably say that it is his view. But some took it as otherwise.

Again, in the other four responses, I have no idea what you're talking about so I'll leave that to Black/Light. :]]
1. So you assumed that I was talking about the non-existent detective story instead of the only kind of detective story there is?

2. The only time the player sees anything that isn't through Link's eyes is when the player is getting a glimpse of something through no one else's eyes. He is the main character because of the typical convention of what makes the main character. Midna is in the same role as the Minish Cap - as necessary to the plot as she is. But Link is the main character in both for the sole reason that he's the star. The guy on the cover, the guy you play as, the guy you see the world through, the guy that is the star of all trailers, commercials, etc.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
1. So you assumed that I was talking about the non-existent detective story instead of the only kind of detective story there is?

2. The only time the player sees anything that isn't through Link's eyes is when the player is getting a glimpse of something through no one else's eyes. He is the main character because of the typical convention of what makes the main character. Midna is in the same role as the Minish Cap - as necessary to the plot as she is. But Link is the main character in both for the sole reason that he's the star. The guy on the cover, the guy you play as, the guy you see the world through, the guy that is the star of all trailers, commercials, etc.
1. No I thought you were talking about a detective. You still haven't presented a scenario for me to consider. And there are many different kinds of detective stories and they all involve numerous amounts of characters. That's why I need you to stop being so general for a second and explain.

2. Actually in most of the cut scenes, you can actually hear Midna talking! and because of that, you see her view. She can actually talk and the cut scenes are the time for her to be expressive, since mostly everyone but Link are expressive. I couldn't possibly argue with you the Minish Cap, as I have never played it. And as to that last part of number two, I'm going to quote you..
Let me ask... why in the world is it based on who is in the spotlight at the time?

1. No I thought you were talking about a detective. You still haven't presented a scenario for me to consider. And there are many different kinds of detective stories and they all involve numerous amounts of characters. That's why I need you to stop being so general for a second and explain.

2. Actually in most of the cut scenes, you can actually hear Midna talking! and because of that, you see her view. She can actually talk and the cut scenes are the time for her to be expressive, since mostly everyone but Link are expressive. I couldn't possibly argue with you the Minish Cap, as I have never played it. And as to that last part of number two, I'm going to quote you..
1. ...I was? Huh. Funny, I'm pretty sure I was talking about a detective story. You know, stories that aren't about "a detective sitting around doing nothing". Why would you assume that I'm talking about a kind of detective story that doesn't actually exist instead of the only kind of detective story?

2. What is your point? You can hear Ezlo talk too. Being expressive does not make you the main character. It never didn't make Link the main character ever, and he has never been able to speak.

3. Link is actually kind of in the spotlight at all times. That statement applies to Link only if "at the time" means "at all times". Link is in every trailer, commercial, and other promotional materials of every Zelda game for the simple reason that he's the star of every Zelda game ever made.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
1. ...I was? Huh. Funny, I'm pretty sure I was talking about a detective story. You know, stories that aren't about "a detective sitting around doing nothing". Why would you assume that I'm talking about a kind of detective story that doesn't actually exist instead of the only kind of detective story?

2. What is your point? You can hear Ezlo talk too. Being expressive does not make you the main character. It never didn't make Link the main character ever, and he has never been able to speak.

3. Link is actually kind of in the spotlight at all times. That statement applies to Link only if "at the time" means "at all times". Link is in every trailer, commercial, and other promotional materials of every Zelda game for the simple reason that he's the star of every Zelda game ever made.
1. "A detective story" is still too vague. For instance, a murder story certainly does involve many more characters than a missing person case. You have to match the case with Twilight Princess. You can't just go on "a detective story".

2. Yes, but by being expressive, you see the story through their view. And on your basis, seeing the story through a person's view makes them the main character. The only reason it didn't make Link the main character was yes because he didn't talk. But you also play the game as Link. That's what most people think it takes to qualify for "main character."

3. Yes, but we're not talking about "every Zelda game ever made". We're talking about Twilight Princess. Or at least I am. And in Twilight Princess it is "at the time".

1. "A detective story" is still too vague. For instance, a murder story certainly does involve many more characters than a missing person case. You have to match the case with Twilight Princess. You can't just go on "a detective story".

2. Yes, but by being expressive, you see the story through their view. And on your basis, seeing the story through a person's view makes them the main character. The only reason it didn't make Link the main character was yes because he didn't talk. But you also play the game as Link. That's what most people think it takes to qualify for "main character."

3. Yes, but we're not talking about "every Zelda game ever made". We're talking about Twilight Princess. Or at least I am. And in Twilight Princess it is "at the time".
1. A missing person case has witnesses, the missing person, and the reason why the person is missing, usually the villain.

2. Link has never talked. But no one said "omg he's not the main character cause he only says Yes and No" He's the main character by the conventional definition of what a main character is. Don't even bring up this argument if you can't present more than your opinion, please.

3. This is SSBB Link, not TP Link. Sakurai has stated as much. He is not only looking at TP when making the character, and TP Link didn't get picked for being the flavor of the month, he was included for being the current design of Link.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
1. A missing person case has witnesses, the missing person, and the reason why the person is missing, usually the villain.

2. Link has never talked. But no one said "omg he's not the main character cause he only says Yes and No" He's the main character by the conventional definition of what a main character is. Don't even bring up this argument if you can't present more than your opinion, please.

3. This is SSBB Link, not TP Link. Sakurai has stated as much. He is not only looking at TP when making the character, and TP Link didn't get picked for being the flavor of the month, he was included for being the current design of Link.
If you're going to make these claims, it will help to cite sources that back-up your claims, otherwise all you have is an opinion and hot air.

Yes, I have an opinion. JUST me. I guess when you're the only one not stating your opinion as fact, you're the only one expressing an opinion.

Why do people who provide no proof demand proof from me?

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Yes, I have an opinion. JUST me. I guess when you're the only one not stating your opinion as fact, you're the only one expressing an opinion.

Why do people who provide no proof demand proof from me?
those who 'provide no proof' speak for the current majority, therefore their proof is already present among those in the discussion through a consensus reached by the current majority. Since you give us claims to the contrary and present them as fact, you must have a source of information to provide it. We would like to know of your source of information. If you have none, then all you have is an opinion. Bare opinion not supported by any outside information will not sway anyone else's thoughts on the matter. If you want to change minds, give us a better reason to besides "I think this way and you should too"

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
to rebuke one of your flawed arguments and citing sources:

"The hero of The Legend of Zelda series.
The design of this particular Link comes from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess."
"The design for Link is taken from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, so his special moves have also been designed a bit differently." (most notably the gale boomerang)
Twilight Princess seems to be the way the development is going

the other two arguments are completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. Link is the main protagonist, the player plays Link, end of story. Murder/kidnapping mysteries have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Midna is a supporting character, The supporting character. In the Wikipedia plot summary of TP, most of the body paragraphs begin with "Link and Midna...", and she is mentioned throughout each paragraph. There is a reason the Hollywood academy awards both a "Best Actor" award and "Best Supporting Actor" award. Without the supporting character, the main character would not do anything. Although the story is told through the eyes of Link, the greatest character change is in Minda. she starts off as utterly patronizing to link and become more and more friends at the end, each working and acting as one. through her change, she becomes a far more dynamic character than other helper/sidekick characters like Navi or Elzo.

even if there are other LoZ characters that undergo a similar change, they do not have the popularity among a large number of people to back-up their case to be included in SSBB.

Dude, duh? I never said that the design wasn't taken from TP. But the moveset and everything about Link can take moves from any game in the series.

And like I said, Fawful had a huge fanbase way back when.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
The most epic failed paragraph in the history of this forum.
I think this is the most epic failed post in the history of any forum. Have you ever heard of a one half of a year post, because this is one of them, and quoting something a long time ago with outdated information doesn't make anyone smart at all.

EDITED: I guess he/she got banned. Serves them right.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
to rebuke one of your flawed arguments and citing sources:

"The hero of The Legend of Zelda series.
The design of this particular Link comes from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess."
"The design for Link is taken from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, so his special moves have also been designed a bit differently." (most notably the gale boomerang)
Twilight Princess seems to be the way the development is going

the other two arguments are completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. Link is the main protagonist, the player plays Link, end of story. Murder/kidnapping mysteries have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Midna is a supporting character, The supporting character. In the Wikipedia plot summary of TP, most of the body paragraphs begin with "Link and Midna...", and she is mentioned throughout each paragraph. There is a reason the Hollywood academy awards both a "Best Actor" award and "Best Supporting Actor" award. Without the supporting character, the main character would not do anything. Although the story is told through the eyes of Link, the greatest character change is in Minda. she starts off as utterly patronizing to link and become more and more friends at the end, each working and acting as one. through her change, she becomes a far more dynamic character than other helper/sidekick characters like Navi or Elzo.

even if there are other LoZ characters that undergo a similar change, they do not have the popularity among a large number of people to back-up their case to be included in SSBB.
I think I'm giong to go ahead and let you take over my debate role. You're doing a much better job of it and I also have the lack of capability to continue coming on just to write back to A Link to the Snitch. By the way, you're arguments are very valid. You seem to be handling them well. Keep it up. :]]

Black/Light

Smash Master
Humm, lots of things happened well I was gone. The whole Mega Man de-confirmation debate took my attention (R.I.P MM. . ). Well, looks like the debate with "A-Link-to. . . " isn't happening right now. . . wheres the guy that said Wolf Link should be with her?

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Humm, lots of things happened well I was gone. The whole Mega Man de-confirmation debate took my attention (R.I.P MM. . ). Well, looks like the debate with "A-Link-to. . . " isn't happening right now. . . wheres the guy that said Wolf Link should be with her?
That'd be me

as for a pro-Wolf-Link+Midna combo argument:
In LoZ TP, how often does Midna actually fight off an opponent on her own, under her own power? You could say that she killed Zant on her own, but only after he was weakened by Link in the battle beforehand. While she has plenty of power to be a force to contend with, she does not appear to have the endurance required for a prolonged conflict, which is part of the reason she joined up with Link in the first place, so someone else could do the dirty work. If she could get the fused shadows on her own, she would.
Link in wolf form had the opposite problem, plenty of endurance, but with not enough power or ability to be able to accomplish anything beyond the physical capabilities of a normal animal. Midna and Link in wolf form are in many ways greater than the sum of their parts. Without Midna, Link would be up a creek without a paddle in several situations. Without Link, Midna would be in the water holding a paddle without a boat.
Enjoy, and happy holidays

(responding to another thread)

Midna is conventional because she'd be included like the other characters would be. She does not follow the conventions for character inclusion, but if she were included based on a new convention, she would be a conventional character.

Sheik got in for her convention - as a "move" of Zelda. Sheik didn't fall into obscurity because Sheik is Zelda.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord

Midna is conventional because she'd be included like the other characters would be. She does not follow the conventions for character inclusion, but if she were included based on a new convention, she would be a conventional character.

Sheik got in for her convention - as a "move" of Zelda. Sheik didn't fall into obscurity because Sheik is Zelda.
I'm a little confused, could you elaborate on this please?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Ok, A Link to The Snitch, where are you getting all of this from? Did Sakurai ever say these things?

It's obvious that Sakurai had interest in Sheik and gave her her own moveset. It doesn't really matter that she's a part of Zelda's moveset, that's very fitting for her as she IS Zelda. It doesn't mean that there's some kind of "convention", sorry.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN

So...What kind of new conventions are you talking about? Because you're saying Minda and Sheik would be conventional if there was a "new convention" right? If not, then you contradict yourself by stating that both Sheik and Minda were unconventional then suddenly saying they are conventional (sorry if you think I'm trying to put you down, it's just that I'm a bit confused by what you're saying :dizzy:)

Edit: Oh, and for anyone who wants to know the whole story: it all started in the WW Link thread

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960

Uh, you just contradicted yourself dude. And besides, what "official" conventions are you talking about? Did Sakurai said no new characters aloud or something, because I'm not getting what you are saying if Sakurai didn't stated himself.

It has nothing to do with new characters. The six categories provided, all of the characters you see on the select screen fall under at least one of them.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It has nothing to do with new characters. The six categories provided, all of the characters you see on the select screen fall under at least one of them.
That doesn't make them official. :ohwell:

I can tell you a lot. First of all, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a new game. (Yeah I know everybody hates that point, but it IS true.), and secondly for the five-hundreth-thousandth time it doesn't matter that Sheik isn't on the select screen! She IS Zelda! It's only fitting for her to be a transformation of Zelda's, seriously.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
If you just got it from the DOJO, then that's probably half the story right there. You can only assume who and what is going to be in by the updates, but in truth, Sakurai is probably going to switch it up.

I thought midna was already in brawl, doesn't she fix the bridge in Link's stage.
Maybe so, or it could be a portal from the bottom of the bridge linking to the portal at the top, making it re-appearing again and again. Thus, having Midna a shot for PC. :p

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I thought midna was already in brawl, doesn't she fix the bridge in Link's stage.
Uh-oh! There’s a hole...

But don’t worry. The missing chunk will be magically transported via portal to fill in the gap.

screenshot

Whoa! Just like the original game!

nowhere does it say Midna does any of these things, therefore, Midna isn't already in the game

Okay, like I said: HERE'S the link to what we've been talking about. We only moved it here because spamming off-topic discussions in a character thread is known to be a bad thing these days.
You said there were 5 categories actually. And Midna technically fits one: 3. Current Star of the Respective Series. Brawl and TP were in development at the same time. Midna is the TP is she not? Link and Zelda are used with TP models.

@Deuce Blade: Something else fixes the bridge. I don't exactly know what though...

Black/Light

Smash Master
Okay, like I said: HERE'S the link to what we've been talking about. We only moved it here because spamming off-topic discussions in a character thread is known to be a bad thing these days.
You said there were 5 categories actually. And Midna technically fits one: 3. Current Star of the Respective Series. Brawl and TP were in development at the same time. Midna is the TP is she not? Link and Zelda are used with TP models.

@Deuce Blade: Something else fixes the bridge. I don't exactly know what though...
I think "A_Link_to_The_Snich" doesn't really make much sense. He refuses to see Sheik as a PLAYABLE character because it would make his flawed list of character roles fall apart. His "list" seems to soley revol around recurrance in the series and she (Sheik) shuts it down.

Not only is she not important to the series, she was also only in one game meaning that characters who have appeared in only one game in a series (such as Midna) COULD get in which his "logic" if he where to add that to the "list" he made up.

By his logic these things CAN NOT happen. . .
Claus can't be a character. Why? because the one game he was in he wasn't the main character (Lucas) and he hasn't been in any other games. In fact, the Mother series can't have any more characters because none of them are recurring characters to the series.

Geno/ Millow can't be in for the same reason as Claus.

FE can NOT have ANY character that was not the "main" character of one of the FE games. Only if a character is recurring can they have hope of being in brawl and still not be the main character of a game.

Etc Etc Etc. . .

Really, I couldn't see how his "list" was anywhere near reasonable for the most part. It's mostly about how often a character appears and not really about their importance to the series or games they appear in. I have my own formula that simply goes by titles and everyone could fit without some crazy a** rules excluding characters like Sheik.

Main character/ Mascott of the series
Side-kick/ Rival like character/ Look alike or different version of the main character.
Important female figure of the series
Villian of the series

Might post how all characters from series that have gotten more than one character to date fit these titles/ roles.

Edit

Might as well post it for the new page. . .

Brake down of the above. . .
(Main character or mascott refers to those being either the main character or Mascott (like pika/ Marth) of a series)
(Side-kick/ Rival like character/ Look alike or different version of the main is alil bit different. Logically not all series have a "side-kick" such as the case with pokemon, LoZ, Kriby or samus. So things like "rival/ different version or the main character" where best for them)
(Important female figure and villian are just that.)

Now, Im going to re-list the formula in it's fullness just because I can't re-find the old one.

SSB64
Mario series_________
Mario-Main character
Luigi-Side kick

Pokemon series_______
Pikachu- Main character/Mascott of the series
Jpuff- Important female figure of the series

SSBM
Mario series________

Mario-Main character
Luigi-Side kick
Peach-Important female figure of the series
Bowser-Villian of the series
Doc- Different version or look-a-like of the main character

Pokemon series_______
Pikachu- Main character/Mascott of the series
Pichu- Different version or look-a-like of the main character
Mewtwo- Villian of the series

LoZ series_______
Link- Main character
Y.Link- Different version or look-a-like of the main character
Zelda/ Sheik- Important female figure of the series+Different version of said character.
Ganon- Villian of the series.

SF series______
Fox- Main character of the series
Falco- Side kick

FE______
Marth- Main character or Mascot of the series
Roy- Different version or look-a-like to the main character

SSBB confirmed characters

Mario series________

Mario-Main character
Luigi-Side kick
Peach-Important female figure of the series
Bowser-Villian of the series

Pokemon series_______
Pikachu- Mascott of the series
PT- Main character (Pika IS the mascott of the series so that seperates them. Notice that PT is the main character and has the 3 RB starters. . . 3 of the most iconic pokemon and are the first you get in the series)

LoZ______
Link- Main character of the series
Zelda- important female figure of the series

Kriby______
Kriby- main character of the series
MK- Rival
DDD- Villian of the series

Metriod_____
Samus- Main character of the series
Zero- Different version of the main character

Dk_____
DK- Main character of the series
Diddy- Side kick

NOW, time to look at who people think are the most likely new comers. . .
Bowser Jr- Villian
Toad- Side kick
Geno- Side kick
Midna- Side kick OR important female figure
Ridly(sp)- Villian
Krystal- Important female figure of the series
Wolf- Rival/ Villian
Cluas (sp)- Rival/ villain
WW Link- Different version of the main character
Micaiah- important female figure

Hell, often times people naturely support characters that naturely fall under these roles because they are the most important roles of a game. I can tell you right now that I don't think some of them will be in but I can fully see why any of them could make it.

Let me just sum up the above "post": It "tries" to use quotations to make it seem like a "good" post and to denounce my list.

With FE, we've only gotten current or milestone characters in the series, and it's worked just fine.

Regardless, being female hasn't shown to do much. We've only gotten three female playables so far - it would be great to have a ton more females (Hell, my list tends to give bias to them at times), but that's not a reason.

@Black/Light: Well, what I thought Link to the Snitch meant was that Sheik was down-graded as a normal character by being a move of Zelda's, and that being Zelda's move was the only way Sheik could get in Melee (because of the fact that Sheik was only in one game).
How that applies to Midna is that she too was also in one game, and that Midna needed another character so as to "help" her get in.
Link to the Snitch's definition of a normal character, I think, is that a character either has to be of great importance by being a mascot, recurring character, villain or a current star. Those categories, Link to the Snitch thought, Midna couldn't fit in.
In my opinion, however, Midna fits in both the "Current Star" and "Mascot" category: Minda was technically the star of Twilight Princess, also being the mascot. Twilight Princess is a current game because Link and Zelda have the same models from it. Midna fits as the mascot of the game by being the Twilight Princess herself.

@A Link to the Snitch: Sorry if you think I know what's going on in your head. These are just assumptions, so yeah.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Let me just sum up the above "post": It "tries" to use quotations to make it seem like a "good" post and to denounce my list.
Well, your list was quite confusing and inflexible for certain good characters to make it on there.

Regardless, being female hasn't shown to do much. We've only gotten three female playables so far - it would be great to have a ton more females (Hell, my list tends to give bias to them at times), but that's not a reason.
Well, that's when other categories kicks in, like sidekick and current star. There are other reasons that she can get in there without relying on one thing, like being a female.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
sakurai doesn't have a check off list for each series... what are you guys doing?

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I don't know. Ask the "minimalist" over there. He thinks he have the "official" guidelines to Sakurai final roster, which sounds limiting for other characters to get the chance.

So basically, the list is a bad thing only because it limits characters?

I'm only stating the truth, which is that individual characters have never fallen under Midna's niche. If Sakurai does go the way that he went in SSB and Melee, then Midna's chances are lessened.

Black/Light

Smash Master
sakurai doesn't have a check off list for each series... what are you guys doing?
Im not saying Sakurai has a "check off list", Im just showing the "formula" that I think he goes by. These are just general roles that are often times the MOST important roles of a game or story (Main character/ Side Kick-rival/ Female figure/ Villian are all often times the main focus of a game or story).

A-Link_to_the-Snich thinks his list is what characters HAVE to fall under in-order to get in and thats the main base for his arguement.

Here is his list. . .
1. Mascots (ie, Mario)
2. Current main characters (ie, Ike)
3. Retro stars (ie, Ice Climbers)
4. Recurring characters (ie, Luigi)
5. Third party stars (ie, Snake)
6. Original main characters (ie, Marth)

Wait a min. . . "2. Current main charactersssss"?

Even in your own made up list Midna turns out to on top seeing as she is a MAIN CHARACTER in a CURRENT game so either stop useing that crap list or accept her role in TP.

I looked at all the confirmed characters in all games, and made a list of categories that many fall under. It's not like any of the categories are very unpopulated. Several characters fall under one or more of those categories.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
So basically, the list is a bad thing only because it limits characters?

I'm only stating the truth, which is that individual characters have never fallen under Midna's niche. If Sakurai does go the way that he went in SSB and Melee, then Midna's chances are lessened.
Of course that would happen, and maybe none of the characters on the game already follow Midna's, which is a good thing for Brawl since she is new, popular, and different from most kinds of characters. However, that can be a pretty good idea since other future newcomers to future Smash Bros games could have a shot in if they were in the same predicament as her.

Top Bottom