• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Midna for Brawl thread. (Debate the Wolf here!)

Midna In Brawl?

• Only Midna in Brawl!

Votes: 277 30.8%
  • Midna and Wolflink in Brawl!

Votes: 398 44.3%
  • I don't want Midna in there, period!

Votes: 89 9.9%
  • Just give me Wolflink sans Midna!

Votes: 30 3.3%
  • I really couldn't care less.

Votes: 105 11.7%

• Total voters
Sheik was included as a move of Zelda first, character second. Midna would not get in under those circumstances.

And, like I said, Link is the main character always, and the focus of the plot is never the main character.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
1. Being the focus of a plot in a Zelda game has never ever made them the main character ever, so why now?
Maybe Midna is completely different character than most of the main characters we have been getting in previous games (reasons are in my post that you said that was me overlooking). Maybe not just importance, but both in uniqueness usefulness as well.

2. How? A love story can involve any one of the following:

A. Detective
B. Shopkeeper
C. Blacksmith
D. Flower girl
E. Klan member

Basically, anyone with a pulse. A detective story, a traditional one, is set up with the detective investigating a case unrelated to him. A love story can involve any number of people from any group of people as the main characters. The tyypical detective story is about the detective and a case.
What about Zelda and Ganondorf, especially in the ones that they constantly appear to? Most importantly, what about Link himself? Since he's really not the same detective in nearly every game.

3. Wow, you're pretty good at arguing - assuming you constantly twist my words until they turn into some extremist version of what I actually said.
Well, going back on that one quote you said, I understand that one time appearances from certain games isn't guaranteeing for a character, however, with a good fanbase, standing out of the crowd look, and with a lot of potential for a good moveset like Geno and Claus (funny to note that his role in the game was probably smaller than Midna, but his fanbase is just as much as Midna is, probably bigger), I don't see her not getting in.

4. Lucas is the #1. most important character of the current and final Mother game in the series.
Here's a real fun fact, one main character aside from Lucas had their spell become a Final Smash to Lucas. I can tell that Sakurai wouldn't just blankly look at just THE main character/ most important in game, but all of main characters instead. Some characters might not make it in (similar moveset/uniqueness to ones on their), but if it's enough, they can even put a move in that similar character's moveset.

5. Jigglypuff was the second choice for the mascot of Pokémon, it's one of the most popular in Japan. Wow, so insignificant. Adult Link was the latest version of Link, and was very popular. So insignificant.
And what? Midna not popular enough to get in, even though possibly the only Zelda-theme series for SSBB is TP? Unless the handheld or Cel-Shaded Link is being represented, it wouldn't be too hard to put her in.

6. The limitations applied aren't self-created, I used what the characters are and aren't.
This game is most likely going to be different in many ways, including rule wise too. But I can assure to you about one thing dealing with character additions. If characters like Geno and Claus makes it in there as PC, then most likely Midna (and maybe even Micaiah) has a possible shot.

Stryks

Smash Hero
But at the end of the day what is shiek? shes a character activated bia transformation, but even tough theyre the same person, theyre consider diferent characters, proven by shiek getting her own trophy, and yet she got in, when its obvious that she'll probably never return, yet there she is, its the same for midna, she was the star, the main character of the latest home console zelda, just as shiek got in, being new and from the latest game, midna can too be in...

1. TP is more fleshed out. It's to be expected.

2. He is the same in every game. Every Link is a resurrection of the original Link.

3. Fawful had a much bigger fanbase than Midna, but now? No one is even expecting a trophy of him anymore.

4. Okay...? That'd be evidence that Link or Zelda could borrow something from Midna, not that Midna could get in as a character.

5. If. You're making the argument as if Claus and Geno ARE in.

6. It doesn't matter what Sheik is now. She was included for a reason that Midna will not get in for. And by the way - usually, the star of the game is the most prominent figure. Not "less prominent than one other character by an extremely large margin".

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
Look at Zelda games, what are they. Link saving the day by himself.

OoT he was saving Zelda and the world, all on his own, same with MM, he needed to save himself then save the world. In TP, Midna saves him, Link needs to save the world, but he ends are following Midna, where eventualy his main plot is to help Midna and her story plot with her being the main focus, not just to save the world. You just control Link, and although it ends with link saving the world, it also ends with Midnas story plot ending. Midna is at least half the main story plot... how many other zelda games is another character that important? (although the bosses are importantish they get ignored far too much untill the end)

zelda is likely to get what? 5 reps? (sheik doesnt count). After the main 3 the biggest 2 would be WW link and Midna

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
1. TP is more fleshed out. It's to be expected.
So what's your point? Wind Waker had the same deal but with a graphical difference and a kid-like appeal.

2. He is the same in every game. Every Link is a resurrection of the original Link.
Same by that aspect, but they are not entirely the same nevertheless. Besides, there is no offical time line to say that all these Links originated from this guy because really, we don't really know which one of these Links started all (Maybe the MC, but that's not entirely proven).

3. Fawful had a much bigger fanbase than Midna, but now? No one is even expecting a trophy of him anymore.
That was Fawful, a side villain then minor supporter on a handheld game that recently appear in it at least TWO years ago, while Midna has just passed one year on a successful console that appear about a year ago as well. Besides, Brawl wasn't even announced around that time for the Wii, so of course there was a chance for that one to happen, especially on handhelds.

4. Okay...? That'd be evidence that Link or Zelda could borrow something from Midna, not that Midna could get in as a character.
And you're bring in a comparison of a silly detective story with the Zelda series, rambling that Link and only Link is the star of most Zelda games? I'll take note of that. That not what I'm trying to say, besides she not even at a high possibility of being cloned or have a move for Link and/or Zelda. What I was saying though that unless most of the main character are different, they can implement the idea of having one of their moves, which shows that they were still important. Maybe not important enough but important nevertheless.. Fortunately enough, they didn't do anything to hurt Midna's chances of adding a move to an existing moveset of Zelda or Link.

5. If. You're making the argument as if Claus and Geno ARE in.
Yeah, I said IF, not like I'm going around stating "facts" that I gained from two games that are going to be different with another one. Maybe not Claus, but most likely Geno is going to get in the roster. There is a lot going for him and I wouldn't be surprised if he was made playable, in which it would open up other character appearances.

6. It doesn't matter what Sheik is now. She was included for a reason that Midna will not get in for. And by the way - usually, the star of the game is the most prominent figure. Not "less prominent than one other character by an extremely large margin".
Dude, of course we know Link has been in nearly all Zelda games and starred in them as well, so that is an obvious advantage against EVERY Zelda character up to date. However, Sakurai is not looking at just Link in Zelda games. He's also looking at the main characters/villains that really made him so epic, and Midna was one of them. Even if she didn't get in because of main character. Well, there are different reasons Midna will get in, even for petty ones like being a female and one of the great in-depth characters in their. Consider it fallacious, but they are not factors that should be ignored.

You're saying that the focus of the plot, not the star of the game, is the main character. The detective hypothetical shows that being the focus of the plot does not make them the main character. Using moves of other characters, as I've said, is evidence that one of Midna's moves might be in someone else's moveset.

Also, Vaati is a candidate, as well. Being a villain does not rule him out at all.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I'm saying Link and Midna are the main characters, not Midna is THE main character. But since you said it in that kind of logic, then Zelda and Ganondorf shouldn't be on there. Importance factor of other main characters inclusion to Brawl, as I said, is evidence that with a different style from that main character, another main character are more sure to get in instead of giving one of their moves to somebody moveset.

I'm saying he has a small chance, not possible at all (heck from the post I just stated has nothing to do with it). Vaati was in two games that he was THE main villain of, Fawful wasn't. So of course even Fawful would fall faster than that guy.

Black/Light

Smash Master
1. Being the focus of a plot in a Zelda game has never ever made them the main character ever, so why now?
Says who? You? Seems like the role Midna played in TP has never been seen in past LoZ games from what I gather.

Peopl already talked about your detective story.

3. Wow, you're pretty good at arguing - assuming you constantly twist my words until they turn into some extremist version of what I actually said.
If you didn't base your whole arguement on that list you made I wouldn't talk about it soo much. I mean, you keep using Melee to support your claims that Midna is "less likely" even when you can clearly see a great difference between 64 and Melee alone. Brawl is a completely different game and it WILL NOT go by w/e rules you made up for it.

4. Lucas is the #1. most important character of the current and final Mother game in the series.
And. . . who said other wise?

5. Jigglypuff was the second choice for the mascot of Pokémon, it's one of the most popular in Japan. Wow, so insignificant. Adult Link was the latest version of Link, and was very popular. So insignificant.
Wrong! Being a mascot is not just about being popular. Pika was the mascot because he was on everything pokemon related. The only other pokemon close to the amount of poke-crap-appearances where (big shock) the RB starters. Jpuff was only popular, she was never used as and is not to this day a mascot of the series. What does that show? That a character can get in based on popularity alone.

And my point about Link is (guess what?!?) MM was the latest and newest LoZ game and Link was only young in that game, not a adult. The LoZ series in melee was focused on OoT and NOT MM even if MM was the latest LoZ game.

In other words, Adult Link was neither the CURRENT/ orginal nor LATEST Link at that time, Young Link in MM was. . .and even Y Link in Melee came from OoT.

1. It's not your place to define the role of main character. Because Link has been the main character, Link is the main character now, because Nintendo has never stated Midna to be the main character.

2. They were wrong about the detective story and tried to flipflop around in order to harm the argument of it by saying crap about narrative and perspective, but hey.

3. What is there to BASE on? Sakurai hasn't dropped anything to suggest Midna to be in or out. And no, I'm looking at Brawl, and as we can see, it follows the same pattern.

4. Someone who suggested that Lucas was in the same position as Midna?

5. Pikachu became the mascot because of his popularity - a survey was done to see who they wanted to be the mascot. Pikachu obviously won, Jigglypuff was in second place.

6. Making him Young Link instead of Adult Link would require modifying his size and weight. Adult Link was still relevant - Hell, the Spaceworld trailer used Adult Link.

You all need to calm down, and stop taking offense to the suggestion that someone doesn't think a certain character will get in.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
1. It's not your place to define the role of main character. Because Link has been the main character, Link is the main character now, because Nintendo has never stated Midna to be the main character.

2. They were wrong about the detective story and tried to flipflop around in order to harm the argument of it by saying crap about narrative and perspective, but hey.

3. What is there to BASE on? Sakurai hasn't dropped anything to suggest Midna to be in or out. And no, I'm looking at Brawl, and as we can see, it follows the same pattern.

5. Pikachu became the mascot because of his popularity - a survey was done to see who they wanted to be the mascot. Pikachu obviously won, Jigglypuff was in second place.

6. Making him Young Link instead of Adult Link would require modifying his size and weight. Adult Link was still relevant - Hell, the Spaceworld trailer used Adult Link.

You all need to calm down, and stop taking offense to the suggestion that someone doesn't think a certain character will get in.
Do you have proof of the survey for #5?

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
1. Proof? And besides, who says you got the right to define who's THE main character on a game that deals with multiple ones?

2. Hey, you brought it up, and we counter-argument as reasonable as possible. Besides, it's not really compatible with an action-adventure genre.

3. Well, it's not going to be your logic, that for sure. And maybe he did, but he's definitely not going to ignore her either, that's for sure.

4. That was me and I didn't say Midna has the same position as Lucas (Now I'm wondering who's twisting who's words), but I said in Mother 3, Lucas wasn't the only main character, just as Link isn't the only main character himself, let alone THE main character. Of course Link is THE main character, that's almost always in every Zelda game, but just aside from him, Midna pull out as one of the best main character.

5. And you got no proof of that? Figures...

Read the topic thread. Now, what does it say? Yes it says: "The Original Midna for Brawl thread." I understand if you don't think Midna will be in Brawl because of blah blah blah, but don't think of us easily second guessing that she might not get in because of an opinion you make, especially with reasons that aren't really backed up all the way.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Its not my place to pin point the focus of the story? Im sorry but if saying Midna was the focus of the story/ the star of the plot is incorrect than Im sure she wouldn't be seen as such by soo many TP players with or without love of Midna.

Link was the protagonist, no one is debating that, thats his role in the story and game. But by no means does being a protagonist auto-make you the main character of a story, you don't seem to get that.

Well thats your mess with them. I have no idle wth a detective story has to do with anything and Im sure they made some good points.

No one said he hinted at anything. . .

And It follows WHAT pattern? In order for there to BE a pattern something must have happen 3 or more times. . . thats the definition of a pattern. You are using things that have happened "up till now" on the Dojo. Like I said, half your list never appeared till melee and I can till you right now that it's not going to hold up.

And if brawl "followed the same pattern" than would we have Snake/ Sonic?

Who are you talking about? People here have been mostly talking about Claus from what I remember. . . :ohwell:

Time to drop some cites. . .
"Satoshi Tajiri = Pokemon creator

TIME: Pikachu is sort of marginal in the game. But it's now the best-known character. How'd that happen?
Tajiri: When they did the anime, they wanted a specific character to focus on. Pikachu was relatively popular compared with the others and potentially both boys and girls would like it. They heard a lot of opinions about this. It wasn't my idea. "
http://pokedream.com/pokemon/infocenter/tajiri.php

There, from the guy who made pokemon. Pika wasn't the most popular, they didn't "ask" random fans who should be the mascot. Clefairy was planed to be the Main character's (Ash's) starter pokemon and was even his starter in the first set of pokemon manga.

Also, it was only between Clefairy and Jpuff for that role at the start but Pika was choosen because, even though he wasn't as popular as those 2, he was relatively popular and was the only one they could expect to appeal to both genders.

THATS why he is the mascot. Jpuff is NOT a mascot, she is a very popular pokemon. In order to be a mascot one must be the image most commonly connected to a brand/ team/ company or group of people. Like I said, you don't become a mascot simply out of being popular.

It's "a person or animal that is adopted by a team or other group as a symbolic figure". Thats why a mascot would be slapped on all things related to something like, say, pokemon crap with GF. . .who has choosen Pika to be their mascot.
You are the one who stated the term and Im simply pointing out wtf a mascot is.

Pika is a mascott, Jpuff is a really popular pokemon. She may be really popular, she may be a iconic pokemon but she is not a mascott.

Umm, you do realize that Y Link is in melee meaning they had already done that to make him a clone right? And it was YOOOOUUUU who said they used the term most current and resent/ original main character ("like Lucas and Marth" as I recall). MM was the most current and resent LoZ game well OoT was not. The reason they all look the way they do is because the devs clearly based all of the loZ characters off of OoT and not MM. (They gave Y Link Fire arrows but thats to be expected)

And that spaceworld thing was a teach demo, not based on any game. People where assuming that to be the next LoZ game much like the Mario 128 thing.(Which is why everyone was pissed that WW and SS where soo different to those 2)

Who all, me? Im not taking offense at anything and Im very calm along with others. Im just showing why your list and reasoning are not as solid as you are claiming them to be. Its one thing to state your opinion and leave it at that, its a completely other thing to say for a fact that because of your logic a character is "less likely" as, again, a fact. This is all apart of debate as you should know.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
We're not really going to flame you, but you'll be missing out of a cool moveset if you can think of her as an AT.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Pedro's Midna and Wolf Link's moveset (I WAS FORCED TO POST IT HERE J/K :D)
Up B: Warp

In this move, Midna makes a portal above wolf link and sucks him in (ha, suck is a funny word). Then another portal appears above and Wolf Link falls out of it. Unlike in Twilight Princess were the animation is slow, in Brawl the animation would be more faster. It works kind of like Zelda's up B... except cooler.

Side B: Wolf Lunge (Wolf ****)

This move is a mixture of Bowser's and Diddy's side B. Wolf Link would jump onto enemies, and then grab and bite them by pressing B repetitively. On smaller foes wolf Link would pin them down on the ground and start biting them. In Twilight Princess you can do this attack on the Shadow Beasts so this move is canon :p.

Final Smash: Fused Shadows

For there Final Smash Midna gets all the Fused Shadows and transforms into that thingy, which I suck at drawing!!!

Taunt: Howl

He howls....

Those are FANTASTIC ideas. Personally, Midna w/ or w/o Wolf Link is one of my top 5 most wanted characters. She's extremely important and innovative.

MIDNA 4 BRAWL!

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
Olimar - midna
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Battle of the tiny people! Thats is she was w/o her wolf (thats what i hope for) MIDNA FTB!

My list is not solid? Well, tell me - is any of it untrue? Is the most recent Link by SSBM's time not the one from the Spaceworld trailer?

Just because they didn't go with Young Link doesn't mean they are not clearly showing preference to latest designs. They clearly use the latest design or star. Young Link in MM is Young Link in OoT. They're using Young Link from MM - grown-up. They picked Adult Link because it was the simplest thing to do.

Luthien

Smash Ace
My list is not solid? Well, tell me - is any of it untrue? Is the most recent Link by SSBM's time not the one from the Spaceworld trailer?

Just because they didn't go with Young Link doesn't mean they are not clearly showing preference to latest designs. They clearly use the latest design or star. Young Link in MM is Young Link in OoT. They're using Young Link from MM - grown-up. They picked Adult Link because it was the simplest thing to do.
Sorry, this arguement is really, really long, but I'm interested... only, I can't find your list. Could you tell me what the post number is, please? I appoligize if I'm being a nuisance, but I can't find it. Yes, I'm stupid, I know... :(

Black/Light

Smash Master
My list is not solid? Well, tell me - is any of it untrue?
. . . Been paying any attention?:ohwell:

Like I said, Jpuff was NEVER a pokemon mascot nor was the latest and most current LoZ game the focus of Link and friends in Melee.

Also, the fact that your list is uncompleted. Half these things where not in till melee and even after that things like "3rd party" have only just now gotten in.
There, you see? Theres no pattern here. Theres no "this makes so-and-so less likely cause it aint happened in melee" here. What you have is a list of titles you feel a character must fall under to get in from what you have seen. . . you don't know if said reasoning was every used (as in, theres no proof Sakurai goes down this lil check list.)

Is the most recent Link by SSBM's time not the one from the Spaceworld trailer?
No, he is the OoT Link, just like Y Link is the OoT Y Link. Just like how Sheik and Zelda are from OoT and not a 20 sec tech demo that came out around 3 months earlier that never fetured them. Ganon was clearly modeled after his appearance in the tech demo thou. . . .but who cares, its a tech demo only made to show the power of the GC.

Just because they didn't go with Young Link doesn't mean they are not clearly showing preference to latest designs. They clearly use the latest design or star.
The latest "star", as you call them, (Design my a**, you clearly said "star" so theres no changing that on the sly here) WAS Y Link. Not some adult Link but MM Y Link. Hell, mostly everything in melee about LoZ was focused on the game that came before the latest game (OoT). . .
Young Link in MM is Young Link in OoT. They're using Young Link from MM - grown-up. They picked Adult Link because it was the simplest thing to do.
O.M.F.G
Are you trying to say that they took MM Link and made him "grow up" which explains the fact that they used OoT Adult Link and OoT Y Link? Dude, they CLEARLY used OoT as the game of focus for the LoZ series in melee, theres no twisting that in any way. Just like they used Ike's model from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GC) for his character and not his newest model from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii).

And the way your trying to twist this up in your head is not the "simplest thing to do". The easyest thing to do would be to base the LoZ series appearance in melee off of OoT seeing as thats the game that has all the LoZ characters choosen to be in melee in it. And in turn, they ended not basing even Y Link's appearence on that of MM, meaning they didn't use the latest game as focus for jack (other than his fire arrow).

Really, this isn't even on-topic now, its just you trying to define your lil list.

Time to get back to Midna which is where I would like to keep the topic.

Hey, anyone else been keeping up with these rumors? 2 "leaks" talk about how Mew2 is getting replaced by Lucario (I hope thats not true but the way serebii talks about it makes it not look too good seeing as he is the maker of one of these leaks. . .plus the other leak is by a guy who predicted the dragoon in great detail. Does not look too good. . . .:(). The only way I could replace mewtwo's feel, personally, is if Midna where in. Not saying they are alike, just that the whole floating + dark enemy thing seemed like fun things he had in melee that set him apart from others.
So yea, Midna solo 4 brawl!

Black/Light

Smash Master
Have you realized that you've gone back and forth with this pointless debate for two weeks? and as usual, no one seems to agree with A Link to the Snitch.

Yea, I know. . .

"Really, this isn't even on-topic now, its just you trying to define your lil list.

Time to get back to Midna which is where I would like to keep the topic."

But there hasn't been much here to talk about so I didn't care.:p

But like I said, lets get back to Midna.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Actually after seeing that moveset a couple of pages back, I don't oppose the Wolf that much anymore, as long as it is not a predominant part of the moveset it would be fine, like let's say, B moves for Midna and A moves for the Wolf, Midna grab would be her hair and Final Smash the fused shadows, I always have a hard time imagining what Midna's A moves would be either way.

D

Deleted member

I don't see the problem with Midna. She played a big role in Twilight Princess and helped out with Link a lot. I don't know why A Link to the Snitch even bothers to continue. He's getting no where. Midna would do better off without Wolf Link in my opinion. A lot of the movesets I've seen with Wolf Link are mostly based on Midna's moves.

Midna for Brawl!

Let me make one point - you ACTUALLY made the argument that "oh, you have not archived proof that Jigglypuff was in a survey of potential Pokémon to be the mascot? That must mean that you cannot prove it". My most sincerest apologies that I don't keep proof for every random fact I ever may need to prove. Because I assume you do.

And wow, I'm surprised - no one agrees with me in this thread. I really expected Midna supporters to agree that Midna's chances were reduced by the character track record list, which has not been shown to be inaccurate in any way.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Let me make one point - you ACTUALLY made the argument that "oh, you have not archived proof that Jigglypuff was in a survey of potential Pokémon to be the mascot? That must mean that you cannot prove it". My most sincerest apologies that I don't keep proof for every random fact I ever may need to prove. Because I assume you do.
Well if you're going to go ahead and state that Jiggly Puff "was in a survey of potential Pokemon to be the mascot", the least you could do is actually try and find the place where you got that idea from. You must've learned by now that many Smashboard users demand proof. If you're going to state something as "fact", you must be ready to give proof.

And wow, I'm surprised - no one agrees with me in this thread. I really expected Midna supporters to agree that Midna's chances were reduced by the character track record list, which has not been shown to be inaccurate in any way.
Who's to say that Sakurai goes or doesn't go by that list? How do you know that you aren't just over analyzing these things while Sakurai could have a whole different basis that not one of the SmashBoards users could imagine. And if you really want someone to approve of your ideas, why not go and find someone who will listen and agree with you, rather than trying to upset the many supporters of a character.

Most of the people who demand proof on demand do not give proof on demand when the cards are on the table. Why should I make accommodations for them by just assuming that they would be ignorant to a blatant fact? The fact of the matter is that attacking a person for not having proof on demand is hypocritical, as it demands the person have proof on hand for every single word they ever utter, which no one ever does.

And no one says he does. But he has followed that list so far. I have never once stated Midna cannot be in Brawl - literally, not once, ever. The only xthing has ever been said by me is that Midna does not follow the way Sakurai has been adding characters, which is not

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Most of the people who demand proof on demand do not give proof on demand when the cards are on the table. Why should I make accommodations for them by just assuming that they would be ignorant to a blatant fact? The fact of the matter is that attacking a person for not having proof on demand is hypocritical, as it demands the person have proof on hand for every single word they ever utter, which no one ever does.
Maybe so you could get your point across and make the other person have to put up proof as well? It would only make you look better if you put up proof while the other person didn't. And the reason they don't provide proof for every word they utter is because they do not take everything they say and say it as "fact". You said yourself that what you state is fact. I have yet to see any Midna supporter thus far state something as fact without proof.

And no one says he does. But he has followed that list so far. I have never once stated Midna cannot be in Brawl - literally, not once, ever. The only xthing has ever been said by me is that Midna does not follow the way Sakurai has been adding characters, which is not
You think he has followed the list. But the thing is, this is Brawl. A lot of things have changed and will change. Sakurai could end up adding five side kicks if he wants. Sakurai could break his rules if he wants. It's all up to Sakurai and if he wants to break his rules and add some random character, then he can. You cannot disagree with that.

Luthien

Smash Ace
You think he has followed the list. But the thing is, this is Brawl. A lot of things have changed and will change. Sakurai could end up adding five side kicks if he wants. Sakurai could break his rules if he wants. It's all up to Sakurai and if he wants to break his rules and add some random character, then he can. You cannot disagree with that.
Yes, thank you! Well said, Hipsterkid.

A Link to the Snitch, NO ONE is saying that your list is ABSOLUTELY FLAT OUT WRONG. We are simply saying that it may not be completly right, either. You simply made it sound like you knew exactly what Sakurai is going to do, when in reality, YOU DON'T.

You make it seem like Sakurai MUST follow your list and meet its expectations. Everyone here is saying that he doesn't. NOBODY knows the probability of Midna getting into Brawl; the only things we know for certain are the ones who are already confirmed and the ones who have NO CHANCE, period. Like: "My couch 4 Brawl". You know?

There are just too many factors against your list for people to trust it. Nobody TRULY knows why Sakurai put those people in Melee. Nobody knows if Sakurai will be following the same standards as he did in Melee.

Even if you get past the first of those obstacles, you can't get past the second. And there are many more factors after that. So, please, state your opinion as opinion, not fact.

Back to the topic at hand, though, I'm starting to agree with Vesperview. Midna's A attacks are pretty hard to envision. With Mario, you can get away with making his fist twice it's normal size for his jab and tilt attacks. But with the serious tone of Midna (or TP in general), I'm not sure how that would work out. It'd be cool to see what Nintendo could come up with, though.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Well, I wouldn't kill myself if Midna was tack-on with Wolf Link (especially if there are reasonable moves for both of them), but I would give him bonus points if he can make her KOing noobs on her own.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Wolf Link seems most likely, as that is the most iconic form that people got most aquainted with in Twilight Princess, and as evidenced by Ivysaur, Brawl isn't just limited to bipeds anymore. Also evidenced by Y. Link SSB isn't a stranger to having two of the same character. (et tu, Doctor Mario?) So I can see (by both facts and the poll) Wolf Link seems to have best chances, but may or may not be named something else, like Midna.

Top Bottom